Page 513 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 134134635035115125135145155235636131013 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Just basic common sense. When we use this around here we are called "small minded, FCS forever".
    If the shoe fits, its a duck.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 02-05-2022 at 07:05 PM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    If the shoe fits...
    Yeah it is hard when a national media member just spells it out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Does NDSU make the jump to FBS over the next five years, and if so, which Group of 5 conference do they join? Assuming an expanded playoff happens sooner rather than later and they don’t garner interest from any P5 conferences (although I think they could win the Pac-12 next year if they were in the conference). — Scott C.

NDSU might be in the most precarious spot for conference realignment. The Bison already dominate FCS to the point where it’s almost boring, and now their top challengers are leaving for the FBS. It seems natural that they should just move up as well.

But the first thing about moving up to FBS from FCS is that a school needs to be invited to a conference, unless it’s Liberty and overflowing with cash. JMU, Sam Houston and Jacksonville State all got invitations. One issue is there isn’t a natural fit for NDSU among the G5 conferences. The MAC is probably the closest, but that’s adding a lot of travel to MAC schools that don’t have a lot of money. The Mountain West is already an airplane league, but it would add even more travel, especially for schools in California. The MWC chose not to add anybody in this past round of realignment in large part because its TV partners said they wouldn’t give the league any more money for expanding. And that’s the other issue for NDSU. The Bison likely don’t bring enough eyeballs to make an impact on TV deals.

NDSU athletic director Matt Larsen said last summer that the Bison were “well-positioned” if an FBS call was to come. NDSU moved up to Division II from Division I in 2004. That wasn’t long ago. The school, program and athletic department continue to grow.

Becoming an FBS independent like Liberty has been doesn’t feel like a smart move from a financial standpoint for NDSU, and the number of FBS independents is about to drop with Liberty and New Mexico State going to Conference USA. I don’t really know what NDSU should do, and I don’t really know if there’s anything it can do.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    So this national guy just said, " ... geography ..."

I still say "build it" with a likeminded, regional consortium (western answer to the MAC).

History says you'll dominate that and get what y'all really desire (MWC).

GEOGRAPHY is a poor lazy excuse.

w a football only invite to MWC

San Diego State would fly to Fargo 1 time every other year for 1.5 extra hours (cuz they would be flying to Wyo or Colo st instead)

such laziness. it's 2022. big fucking deal
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I don't think geography is a problem for the MW..If they want you they will invite you..

I don't think an invitation is in the mail today but could be down the road..

If you want football only then you would get a smaller percentage of the tv deal and be set up on a similar payment plan as Hawaii.

If you came in with all sports you would get a full share and not pay extra to house your football.

At this point in time, the MW has 12 football members and 11 Olympic sport members.

It is far far far more likely that the MW will invite a non football school than a football only school. 13 for football is awkward. 12 for basketball allows for two divisions.

Ironically, the MW is moving towards the elimination of divisions for football. At this time there is no move towards a 9 game conference schedule either. The conference is becoming more insular.

Even if schools leave, the league will not necessarily look to add..

There's no question that money and geography rule college sports. If the MWC came calling, the money better be piled up. Problem being, they haven't called, and they're in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    There's no question that money and geography rule college sports. If the MWC came calling, the money better be piled up. Problem being, they haven't called, and they're in charge.
    The bigger problem is, people like you and Larsen are against any FBS possibility no matter what. There has not been one single idea proposed that you have ever endorsed. You are the template for the FCS Forever crowd.

You're against MWC, MAC, CUSA and independent. It doesn't matter, you are against it. Maybe we should label you what you really are, FCS Troll.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I want ALL of NDSU athletics at FBS level.

summit basketball sucks
    volleyball, soccer, baseball , track all would vastly improve with better competition and recruiting better athletes
    You want it ALL

Joaquin " El_Chapo" Guzman

Or

The King of Drains and Tunnels

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    The bigger problem is, people like you and Larsen are against any FBS possibility no matter what. There has not been one single idea proposed that you have ever endorsed. You are the template for the FCS Forever crowd.

You're against MWC, MAC, CUSA and independent. It doesn't matter, you are against it. Maybe we should label you what you really are, FCS Troll.
    False. I'm all for MWC or MAC if they call (which they won't because you know - uhhhh geogrophy). CUSA sucks, and I've said if they go G5 playoff system sure. Which is also just a pie in the sky talked about at bars. Come up with a solution that can actually happen - "troll".

Really isn't that hard to figure out. And I'm so "FCS Forever" that I took the time to go to one regular season game last year. Yeah - it wasn't exciting. But neither is the sh*t CUSA and dumpster fire potential bowl game - which at this moment is the closest to reality and will do literally nothing to excite or grow the fan base.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post

Repeating a lie doesn't make it true. MWC, MAC, and CUSA invites simply aren't happening no matter how much you fantasize about them. Independence is death. FCS Forever doesn't exist. You are one of very few people that can't comprehend we don't have what it takes to go FBS right now. You are not a supporter of NDSU, you're a supporter of your own vanity. Again, repeating a lie doesn't make it true.