Page 337 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2372873273353363373383393473874378371337 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Then why was the P5 given autonomy?
    When did the P5 break away and play themselves? That was supposed to be the “split”. They were supposed to cut out the G5 and that has not happened and doesn’t appear to be happening. If anything, it appears that if anything, they are getting closer together rather than splitting apart.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Most people in authority know how to keep their mouths shut and dont post information like this on social media.
    It’s funny that you think it’s the ones with authority that would be doing the posting and letting the cat out of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    When did the P5 break away and play themselves? That was supposed to be the “split”. They were supposed to cut out the G5 and that has not happened and doesn’t appear to be happening. If anything, it appears that if anything, they are getting closer together rather than splitting apart.
    Who said they were supposed to split apart? That parameter was nothing but a wish by those who wanted to see that happen.
    As I said----there was realignment. It just wasnt what people expected or thought it would be.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

It’s funny that you think it’s the ones with authority that would be doing the posting and letting the cat out of the bag.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Who said they were supposed to split apart? That parameter was nothing but a wish by those who wanted to see that happen.
    As I said----there was realignment. It just wasnt what people expected or thought it would be.
    There has been legitimate conversations at the NCAA and conference level about splitting the P5 conferences and the rest of the membership from a compliance and funding standpoint. It hasn't happened. I though part of it is the magic of the NCAA mens basketball tournament (which brings in 80% of the NCAA revenue) is partially due to the smaller conferences. Plus the P5 schools only make up 60 of the 300+ members in the NCAA.

If the split have happened by now I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Say we got two groups at the country club. We got the lawyers, farmers, and surgeons who are the rich guys. Then we got the middle class fellas, teachers/coaches, insurance guys, loan officers.

We are in a country club together. The rich guys get the best tee times, have the best clubs, and really handle the day-to-day decision making. Some of them take golf serious, some only play because they are friends with the rest of the guys, but they all put a fair bit of time and money into the country club.

The rest of us like golf, some of us are actually pretty good, any given day those guys can beat a lot of the wealthy guys but his job means he can only golf in the evenings and some weekends with us. The rest of us are average, some are bad. We like to drink beer and socialize. The municipal course sucks and we don't want to go there.

The rich guys don't mind us. We mostly stay out of their way. We don't mind them, most of them are actually pretty good guys, all play softball and basketball together. They invite us to play sometimes if they need a partner. The only annoying thing is that they have the club championship during a time that none of us can make it, but we don't really care because none of us are good enough to be the best. Anyway, they like us because we don't slow down play, some of us coach their kids sports teams, we might have accounting advice or our kid might cut their grass. We even got a Mormon guy who is always willing to DD and he's semi-retired so he can always play in a scramble if the rich guys need someone.

The rich guys want to raise the fees a bit, they want to class up the joint. So we vote in favor because we like golfing here and the municipal course is a dump and the guys who golf there are weird.

The rich guys are happy. The clubhouse is great and the restaurant in there is high end. Most of us might swing in for a beer or appetizers but it's pretty expensive, we'll all probably go to Chili's or something later.

The rich guys don't want to get rid of us. We are pretty friendly with each other. Plus you gotta see the softball tourney we all have every year. It's a great time. They just wanted a nicer country club.

We pay our dues, we golf at different times, and we don't cause any real issues, plus our kids date and go to the same schools, play on the same teams, nobody wants drama in town.
    Then why was the P5 given autonomy?
    I think my post from several months ago sorta covered what the P5 did and what I thought they wanted to do. I don't think they were ever really going to cut out the G5, they have a pretty good gig set up. I think they wanted a bigger playoff, and knew they'd have a hard time doing that without giving the G5 at least something.
    College of Business Alumnus

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I'm not agitated. I'm disappointed that I am always the smartest guy in the room. You poor bastards.
    You guys wouldn't understand.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think if we had a nickel for every time Lakes and PL argued about the same thing on this topic we could fund the ENTIRE NCAA football conferences...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

We all know it will be El Lako Bison that will be doing that part.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    We all know it will be El Lako Bison that will be doing that part.
    Just as long as it’s accurate information is all I care about.