Page 1184 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 18468410841134117411821183118411851186119412341284 ... LastLast
Results 11,831 to 11,840 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    If things become that dire, I can see PAC helping SDSU or SMU with exit fee costs to accelerate the move.
    With what money? The deepest pockets are gone already (USC/UCLA).

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Plenty of pundits have written off the Big 12 in the past as being "on life support" or some variation of that on two different occasions - first when Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, and Texas A&M all left in the 2010/2011 timeframe and then again when it broke that Texas and Oklahoma were leaving. Ironically the Big 12 has gone from the raided to the raiders and I'd tend to think the same will happen with the Pac as long as their leadership isn't completely inept - they'll just be plundering from outside the P5 just as the Big 12 did to stabilize itself until it could snatch Colorado back.
    Based on how their media deal negotiations have gone so far, is that a good assumption.

And plundering outside the P5, how low can the PAC go before Cali-Stan won't tolerate the new "peers". Folks claim Boise State. I don't see Cali-Stan voting for something that was a JC in the last 50 or so years.

Plenty of pundits have written off the Big 12 in the past as being "on life support" or some variation of that on two different occasions - first when Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, and Texas A&M all left in the 2010/2011 timeframe and then again when it broke that Texas and Oklahoma were leaving. Ironically the Big 12 has gone from the raided to the raiders and I'd tend to think the same will happen with the Pac as long as their leadership isn't completely inept - they'll just be plundering from outside the P5 just as the Big 12 did to stabilize itself until it could snatch Colorado back.
    Certainly. The PAC could come back. I think Finebaum (who’s just a wild-ass non-SEC hater at this point) is the only one saying to put the fork in them already.

But the problem remains: there is no viable TV deal even being discussed at this point. Until then the only thing that is holding the PAC together is that conferences aren’t actively expanding right now. As soon as the B12 or B10 picks up the phone that all changes.

Until that happens, the PAC is waist deep in it. After SDSU and SMU I’m not sure they really have viable options for replacement that aren’t DOA with the big schools in the conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Certainly. The PAC could come back. I think Finebaum (who’s just a wild-ass non-SEC hater at this point) is the only one saying to put the fork in them already.

But the problem remains: there is no viable TV deal even being discussed at this point. Until then the only thing that is holding the PAC together is that conferences aren’t actively expanding right now. As soon as the B12 or B10 picks up the phone that all changes.

Until that happens, the PAC is waist deep in it. After SDSU and SMU I’m not sure they really have viable options for replacement that aren’t DOA with the big schools in the conference.
    That little dweeb cracks me up

PAC will figure it out
    Surly the commissioner did not reject ESPN without consulting the schools. So this is on them too and there will be some sense of solidarity that they will use to get through this

If Oregon gets into the ACC I never want to hear anyone talk about tRaVeL as a reason why we have to stay in jv
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    If Oregon gets into the ACC I never want to hear anyone talk about tRaVeL as a reason why we have to stay in jv
    If NDSU had Oregon money travel in any conference wouldn't be an issue for them either.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If NDSU had Oregon money travel in any conference wouldn't be an issue for them either.
    Circumstances are obviously different for a P5 school that regularly sees 50-60k at home games.
    Oregon is still a potential B1G candidate. All the top conferences are interested.

$140m athletic budget, and Phil Knight has given them around $1B. Completely different universe from where we are.

It's the G5 conferences with media deals often in the $2-4m range where travel costs are a concern.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Can't Chapo make some shoes?

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Circumstances are obviously different for a P5 school that regularly sees 50-60k at home games.
    Oregon is still a potential B1G candidate. All the top conferences are interested.

$140m athletic budget, and Phil Knight has given them around $1B. Completely different universe from where we are.

It's the G5 conferences with media deals often in the $2-4m range where travel costs are a concern.
    On top of that Football travel isn’t our problem. Our football program would have no problem traveling to Florida every other week if it had to.

It’s the non-football sports that don’t pay for themselves as is that would have the problem. That’s the piece that Lakes can’t wrap his mind around.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    On top of that Football travel isn’t our problem. Our football program would have no problem traveling to Florida every other week if it had to.

It’s the non-football sports that don’t pay for themselves as is that would have the problem. That’s the piece that Lakes can’t wrap his mind around.
    Our travel wouldn't be a major issue in some G5 leagues. Softball, cross country, golf, baseball and track literally travel all over anyway, if they play conference games they just go to one destination for a series of games(baseball and softball). Wrestling is in a different conference.

That leaves basketball, volleyball and women's soccer. This travel thing is an immensely overblown issue unless we are joining a bus league. Fargo also isn't Macomb, it is relatively easy to fly into.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.