Page 1160 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 16066010601110115011581159116011611162117012101260 ... LastLast
Results 11,591 to 11,600 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

MM continually refers to FBS as a "moonshot". That’s what I mean by not very bullish. I don’t see it as a moonshot. In fact, I see it as inevitable. Like ML said not too long ago, you don’t build facilities like this to stay FCS. A moonshot – with its connotations of extremely long odds - would be (fill in the blank) going FBS

The only thing missing is the right invite, and in my view it’s only a matter of time. MM seems to think it is unlikely to come, but like a lot of people around here – even some Bison fans – he grossly underestimates NDSU’s appeal, potential, and staying power. But hey, it’s a way of life up here, so flame away …

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    MM continually refers to FBS as a "moonshot". That’s what I mean by not very bullish. I don’t see it as a moonshot. In fact, I see it as inevitable. Like ML said not too long ago, you don’t build facilities like this to stay FCS. A moonshot – with its connotations of extremely long odds - would be (fill in the blank) going FBS

The only thing missing is the right invite, and in my view it’s only a matter of time. MM seems to think it is unlikely to come, but like a lot of people around here – even some Bison fans – he grossly underestimates NDSU’s appeal, potential, and staying power. But hey, it’s a way of life up here, so flame away …
    I’m not sure ‘moonshot’ implies long odds of success as much as a very complex huge ass project with massive implications.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I’m not sure ‘moonshot’ implies long odds of success as much as a very complex huge ass project with massive implications.
    Think that's money shot eh.

Lardsin must go!

After reading that article, I actually feel better. AAC has a fb only member and in the past as looked even farther West.

Doesn't mean it will happen....but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Good article. Sign me up for all sports in the AAC or MWC. To me the Summit is a ticking time bomb. I don't trust any school in the Summit that doesn't have the word 'Dakota' in it*. Tell me who you trust to invest and commit to the Summit out of the following: Oral Roberts, Denver, UMKC, Omaha, St Thomas, Western Illinois, errrrr, etc. Replacement options in the Summit are bad, to put it mildly.

* Don't really trust a couple of the 'Dakota' schools to invest either.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Good article. Sign me up for all sports in the AAC or MWC. To me the Summit is a ticking time bomb. I don't trust any school in the Summit that doesn't have the word 'Dakota' in it*. Tell me who you trust to invest and commit to the Summit out of the following: Oral Roberts, Denver, UMKC, Omaha, St Thomas, Western Illinois, errrrr, etc. Replacement options in the Summit are bad, to put it mildly.

* Don't really trust a couple of the 'Dakota' schools to invest either.
    Too late the summit is already drowning. The summit needs to add a school to stay eligible. The Dakota schools are probably the most stable members except for NDSU wanting to jump.

Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Either way, it appears the two sides are gearing up for a lengthy battle that could end up in court. San Diego State isn’t going to let the MWC take $6.6 million without a huge fight.
    Saw this coming as soon as the "you resigned", "no we didn't" arguments began. They tried to give "notice" of resignation, without actually resigning. It doesn't seem like that argument would fly in court. MWC claims they owe $17m now.

It will be very interesting to see if they can reach a peace settlement, or SDSU no longer has a conference to return to. They better pray something good happens for them with PAC or B12. Indy life sucks for most schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    There's going to be a popcorn shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    There's going to be a popcorn shortage.