Page 1159 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 15965910591109114911571158115911601161116912091259 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,590 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    The MWC told SDSUred "you withdrew" based on the first letter (pretty clear in first paragraph).

Will the MWC make SDSUred pay an entrance fee if they want to come back? Or make them pay the exit, ... and an entrance.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Red or Blue?
    So you're offering me a choice between Old Milwaukee regular or Old Mil Light?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Ope….unfortunately for them we have emails and booster DMs on our side.

People are reading too much into this
    SDSU knew the PAC TV deal was behind schedule, so they asked for the deadline to be waived
    MWC said no, so they get to keep the Aztecs for another year (MWC is probably happy)
    SDSU and SMU to the PAC is almost surely done and PAC will survive just fine

Nothing has changed, NDSU still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Thanks for posting that. With twitter blocking my ilk right now, I might have missed it …

My only takeaways from that are (1) Aresco doesn’t like to talk about schools they are considering, and (2) McFeely isn’t very bullish on a move, which is how he’s always been (despite writing about it so much). I guess he’s conservative in that sense. Or maybe "timid" is a better word … If FB drives the bus like Aresco says, then NDSU will get their shot

"We don't discuss teams that might have an interest in our conference and where the interest might be reciprocated. That said, I will say this: They have an outstanding program at the FCS level and it's been shown that FCS schools can move up and be successful in FBS. That's been shown by multiple schools. James Madison, Coastal Carolina, Appalachian State a few years ago. You've got a nice football program up there."

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Thanks for posting that. With twitter blocking my ilk right now, I might have missed it …

My only takeaways from that are (1) Aresco doesn’t like to talk about schools they are considering, and (2) McFeely isn’t very bullish on a move, which is how he’s always been (despite writing about it so much). I guess he’s conservative in that sense. Or maybe "timid" is a better word … If FB drives the bus like Aresco says, then NDSU will get their shot

"We don't discuss teams that might have an interest in our conference and where the interest might be reciprocated. That said, I will say this: They have an outstanding program at the FCS level and it's been shown that FCS schools can move up and be successful in FBS. That's been shown by multiple schools. James Madison, Coastal Carolina, Appalachian State a few years ago. You've got a nice football program up there."
    I’d classify McFeely’s reporting on a move to FBS as trying his best to be objective and realistic about the possibility. I know he doesn’t have a lot of fans on here, but I’ve read every one of his articles on the matter and he seems “bullish” (if you define it as “supportive of”) a move up, but definitely “less bullish” as you put it, of the likelihood of a move up. Even that, though, has slightly changed recently with a lot of the movement going on.

Like I said I think he’s just trying to be realistic.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

I also thought it was interesting he would say that football only memberships are possibly as in they look at all options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would guess that mcfeely’s wanting for NDSU to go FBS is more about fresh material and better travel destinations than anything else.

Not that I don’t mind having his annoying ass keeping the conversation going.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I also thought it was interesting he would say that football only memberships are possibly as in they look at all options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed - I was under the impression there were some hoops FBS conferences had to jump through with the NCAA to get approval for football only members but the fact that he said they were looking at San Diego St and Boise St as football only a few years gives me the impression that, even if that is the case, it wouldn't be much of a hindrance to get.