Page 1220 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 22072011201170121012181219122012211222123012701320 ... LastLast
Results 12,191 to 12,200 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Seems like a western conference will disappear after all of this. Probably the CUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    I get that, but you’re basically talking a half million dollars. Plus, we all know how these NCAA ‘requirements’ have worked in the past. This rule won’t be a determining factor at all in a move-up.
    Like I said, "None of that is insurmountable (money and a plan), but there are more moving pieces than first glance would have one believe."

These new requirements (16/90%/210/$6M) are much simpler to audit so they are more readily enforceable. (Most of the MAC is doing 'creative' pricing and purchases to make "15k".)
    You must be in compliance with the new rules by 2027 (if/when they pass); there are some southern schools way worse off than those I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Like I said, "None of that is insurmountable (money and a plan), but there are more moving pieces than first glance would have one believe."

These new requirements (16/90%/210/$6M) are much simpler to audit so they are more readily enforceable. (Most of the MAC is doing 'creative' pricing and purchases to make "15k".)
    You must be in compliance with the new rules by 2027 (if/when they pass); there are some southern schools way worse off than those I mentioned.
    without even looking.........ul-m and ark st?

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Mags is just a troll..I don't think he has any connection to NDSU or any MWC school. Lakesbison has been the only regular and he has been pleasant and friendly lately.
    How you feeling about all this MWC? Could be really great for you, or could be really "bad"
    Tough to see the PAC go, tbh, but seems they've been flirting with this for a while now
    Paul Finebaum be dammed, I would not be surprised if they find a way to pull it out ...

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Boy you sure are lobbying hard
    Not saying NDSU gets in, but the only way you do is if the pig farmers are too stupid to see the future and pass
    But please, carry on

Stopped by the MWC board just for yucks
    Who’s the clueless dipshit who calls himself "mags"?
    Smells like a desperate und fan
    The stench was so bad it forced me to leave ...
    Yeah...I saw that he quoted me to make a point. While I might think I've got a handle on things, I'm actually a nobody, so quoting me is worthless. But even more odd was that my quote didn't really go to the point he was making.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by skunkapekiller View Post
    adding any female sport that no one watches is tough to do financially...especially if it involves horses.
    We already fund a club equestrian team, it wouldn't be that much extra to expand the program into NCAA.

As for that D1 proposal the UND fans keep harping on, it could very easily turn into 210 grants or $6M. That one word change is all it takes and we're far from the only school that would prefer it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    We already fund a club equestrian team, it wouldn't be that much extra to expand the program into NCAA.

As for that D1 proposal the UND fans keep harping on, it could very easily turn into 210 grants or $6M. That one word change is all it takes and we're far from the only school that would prefer it that way.
    At a NCAA level, I think that it would be tough to mandate a total dollar amount in grants, given that there is a wide ranging cost associated with tuition. Private schools would have the upper hand over many public schools when it comes to grants provided simply because their tuition costs so much more. That is why my thought is that it will be the total number of grants provided. That is the fairest way to ensure that schools are committed to Athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by skunkapekiller View Post
    without even looking.........ul-m and ark st?
    ULM and FAU are both under $5M. ArkSt is over $6M.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    At a NCAA level, I think that it would be tough to mandate a total dollar amount in grants, given that there is a wide ranging cost associated with tuition. Private schools would have the upper hand over many public schools when it comes to grants provided simply because their tuition costs so much more. That is why my thought is that it will be the total number of grants provided. That is the fairest way to ensure that schools are committed to Athletics.
    It's "and" not "or" the way the NCAA release is written.

If adopted, all FBS schools would be required to provide 90% of the total number of allowable scholarships over a two-year rolling period across at least 16 sports, including football. Schools also would be required to offer at least 210 scholarships each year, amounting to no less than $6 million in athletics scholarships offered.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2023/6/28/...s-schools.aspx

Pricey privates want a dollar number; cheap publics want a grants number; so require both and make nobody happy <-- the NCAA way!

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    It's "and" not "or" the way the NCAA release is written.

If adopted, all FBS schools would be required to provide 90% of the total number of allowable scholarships over a two-year rolling period across at least 16 sports, including football. Schools also would be required to offer at least 210 scholarships each year, amounting to no less than $6 million in athletics scholarships offered.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2023/6/28/...s-schools.aspx

Pricey privates want a dollar number; cheap publics want a grants number; so require both and make nobody happy <-- the NCAA way!
    Wow, when you get an idea in your head you really can't accept any alternate views, can you? This is just a proposal. It hasn't passed, it isn't a rule. Proposals can change, and there's plenty of schools that don't like the $6M part. Even if that does pass, we'll be fine. The way things are going we'll pass the mark just from inflation in a few years. Since the privates meet it from higher fees, we can easily do the same on an accounting ledger. Just offer a class with a $5000 lab fee related to sports medicine all incoming athletes are expected to take. That $5k is part of the grant of course.