Page 31 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341811315311031 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    People talk about quads and this and that. How about talk about this when a conference actually says they want to expand? Only conference that wants to do that is the Sun Belt and I think most here can agree that doesn't work well for either party.
    Well it is the "move to FBS thread".... One would suspect they would talk about that subject here.. I contend that even if there was an interest from a conference, a large percentage of NDSU fans would not be interested.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Well it is the "move to FBS thread".... One would suspect they would talk about that subject here.. I contend that even if there was an interest from a conference, a large percentage of NDSU fans would not be interested.
    At least then there would be some actual tangible news to talk about and not just flinging stuff at the wall.

If people want to talk about NDSU joining the Sun Belt, well I guess you could talk about it. They want another team, oddly though none of the move up people want to talk about the only conference looking to expand. Instead they would just rather babble on and on about the same talking points...then the anti move up people fire back with the same talking points. It is like Groundhogs day.

At least then there would be some actual tangible news to talk about and not just flinging stuff at the wall.

If people want to talk about NDSU joining the Sun Belt, well I guess you could talk about it. They want another team, oddly though none of the move up people want to talk about the only conference looking to expand. Instead they would just rather babble on and on about the same talking points.
    Stranger still, some people "not interested" will continue to monitor said conversation.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Stranger still, some people "not interested" will continue to monitor said conversation.
    So its pretty much like every other thread here. Argument, counter-argument, repeat with a couple of snarky comments thrown in?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thought I would check in to this thread after ignoring it for two weeks. Same shit, hasn't missed a beat!

Haven't been following this closely. It is neither new nor better.
    You tried Tony.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would argue after winning the quad is exactly the wrong time to move. Success on the field is not a pre-requisite to move up and moving up after a successful run gives the program an inflated impression of fan support. There are a ton of band wagon fans on board right now. Hell we have Sioux fans showing up to the games because we are good and interesting. Remember the days that we used to worry about the deer opener and how no one would show up? Those disappeared when we started winning championships, however there is no indication that those days won't return when we have less than great years. Show me that through the down years that the fan base still stays strong then come talk to me...
    Really good post. I was in school not that long ago when we won 2 games in a season. Who's to say that can't happen again?

It is like Groundhogs day.
    Ever read the back of a shampoo bottle? It says lather, rinse repeat? You know there are still some idiots in the shower, here's your sign! - Bill Engvall. Guess we're all idiots for checking this thread hoping something has changed. I think of this stupid line every time I read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Really good post. I was in school not that long ago when we won 2 games in a season. Who's to say that can't happen again?
    Hey lets not go too overboard...it happened once.

So its pretty much like every other thread here. Argument, counter-argument, repeat with a couple of snarky comments thrown in?

You're forgetting about the personal attacks.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.