Page 633 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1335335836236316326336346356436837331133 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Pump it up Chapo!
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Whaddya think chaps? Big 12 here we come?
    my sources that I've pitched the BIG 12 idea too seem to like it.
    If I am President Cook, what better way to make a splash and create a Persona Day 1...

Cook, Dougie Burgum, Stevey Scheel, Scotty Park, Ronny Offutt, Gary T. (Kelby ...er.. Billy Gassen) (Im buds with them, so i call them those names, its all good!) get in the plane to Big 12 Headquarters to meet with the commish.

"listen here commish, NDSU has Microsoft, Bobcat Doosan, Scheels, Sanford Theraldson hotels & RDO in their back pocket as you can see around the room here.... NDSU is already a Regional University and will become even bigger and better with these partners and YOU the BIG 12 Conference''
    "you need software? we got it, You need Construction Equip at Cost? got you, Scheels providing Sports apparel, etc? Sanford providing world class healthcare and Free Hotels across the country?"

"just invite NDSU to BIG 12 and these can be yours, Need Oil or Farm products (Need Seed for upcoming Food Crisis? ProSeed! ) we can get that too... IF we need a 45,000 seat stadium, boom its done within 2 years, heck we will be willing to sacrifice 1 home game to move to US BANK , Frisco or Dallas Would work too"

"Lets just sign right now and this can all be yours"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    ^ Who the hell is this guy? Hey guy (I'll just call you "John", as in John Doe), with this "vision" that the program has, do you think they see their fan base as "fat, ugly, and desperate"?
    If they are reading this thread that could be their only conclusion.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If I am President Cook, what better way to make a splash and create a Persona Day 1...

Cook, Dougie Burgum, Stevey Scheel, Scotty Park, Ronny Offutt, Gary T. (Kelby ...er.. Billy Gassen) (Im buds with them, so i call them those names, its all good!) get in the plane to Big 12 Headquarters to meet with the commish.

"listen here commish, NDSU has Microsoft, Bobcat Doosan, Scheels, Sanford Theraldson hotels & RDO in their back pocket as you can see around the room here.... NDSU is already a Regional University and will become even bigger and better with these partners and YOU the BIG 12 Conference''
    "you need software? we got it, You need Construction Equip at Cost? got you, Scheels providing Sports apparel, etc? Sanford providing world class healthcare and Free Hotels across the country?"

"just invite NDSU to BIG 12 and these can be yours, Need Oil or Farm products (Need Seed for upcoming Food Crisis? ProSeed! ) we can get that too... IF we need a 45,000 seat stadium, boom its done within 2 years, heck we will be willing to sacrifice 1 home game to move to US BANK , Frisco or Dallas Would work too"

Isn't the $100 Teamaker great at spending/alloting other people's money for them?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I’ll never understand the “NDSU should play at the 2nd tier” stance. NDSU should play at the tier that best suits the athletic department. Generally, that would be the highest tier willing to take us. We’re a top 50 football program for the last decade and the other 49 have 22 more scholarships and millions more in budget due to better conference affiliation.

I’m realistic, but we need to puuuush to make up for the 30 years we stayed behind in D2 when we should’ve been IAA. I don’t want to see another 30 years of us hanging out in a league where we obviously don’t belong. Already 10 years into overstaying in FCS.

Our endowment and research profile are nuts now. We would be a an academic flag bearer for any conference outside the P5 and AAC. We are not a local university anymore. It’s okay to drop the aww shucks ND humility for a bit and really put on the full court press to ensure our seat at the table. We are a great university and any G5 conference would be better off having us.

Our consultant should be calling the G5 conferences and telling them that they may not need us now - but when shit hits the fan, here’s our number.
    When I refer to 2nd tier, it's not because I don't think we have the talent to beat/compete with top tier teams, its more of 2nd tier from a financial POV. It's extremely unlikely that we'll ever be able to compete in a financial arms race against Bama, Texas, LSU, Ohio State, etc... in my lifetime.

since my post above & CFBonFox posts NDSU & WENTZ are trending on twitter right now. the TIME IS HERE BOYS. TIME TO PUSHHHHHH

the SEC is taking applications!

RedditCFB

@RedditCFB

The SEC has announced that it is accepting applications for new members, and that bids will be awarded by drinking competition. Wazzu expected to be frontrunners

NDSU offers Frisco Texas as a reference.

exactly! wait until the Power Conferences STOP the FCS money games? then we screwed (as is all of fcs)
    I'm fairly convinced they want to stop playing & paying G5 schools as well as FCS and that this is the primary reason that they are moving toward megaconferences.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I'm fairly convinced they want to stop playing & paying G5 schools as well as FCS and that this is the primary reason that they are moving toward megaconferences.
    PERFECT! when NDSU is in Big 12 or SEC we won't have to play these puds from this area.

PERFECT! when NDSU is in Big 12 or SEC we won't have to play these puds from this area.
    That would be best case scenario.... but I kinda think BigXII and Pac 12 are going to be the "2nd tier" as well and won't be getting as much TV revenue as they do now since their most recognizable names are being raided. Now, they may still get a decent deal with basketball revenue with schools like KU and KSU, but I think they will become the FBS version of the MVFC where all they "really" care about is basketball and football is just another sport. If my prediction is correct (and I in no way have a crystal ball) they won't be getting games & paydays from the B1G or SEC either.

Of course, I could be wrong here too, and the Big XII might actually absorb the best of the PAC 12, but even there I don't see NDSU making the cut (even though I've long thought that the BigXII was the right/ideal spot geographically for NDSU to land)

You has me at the John Madden BOOM!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com