Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith Injury

Default Re: Smith Injury

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTyem View Post
    Oh I watched the game,and understand the situation,its a Huge situation............. But the problem isnt just him. Thats all I was sayin'
    I like Brock and have always supported him. Since he has taken over as the full time starting QB for this team, the record speaks for itself. Now, with that being said, lets not get crazy here. That pick 6 was all on Brock. He made a terrible throw. No one else in the Fargodome threw that ball. I also would venture to guess if you asked Brock he would tell you that play was on him. That wasn't a difficult play for a FCS QB.

If we are going to call him a championship QB, which he has earned, you also have to accept he should get a brunt of the blame when his play isn't so good. Sometimes he makes bad throws. Sometimes he makes very good throws. The Bison are very good at about a 60/40 split in run vs. pass, but that is still over 40% of the time where the QB decision making process is effecting the entire game.

I trust Brock and this team but there is nothing wrong with taking the #16 spectacles off and realizing he is deserving of both the respect and occasional criticism he deserves. He could have tucked the ball and ran for a couple of yards setting up a better punting situation. He could throw the ball out of bounds. He could take the sack. There were other choices but the one he made and attempted to execute, was wrong. That simple.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Seriously people? Can we stop the bickering. Somebody help me with this movie. This place reminds me of the movie with Dennis Leary who kidnaps a husband (Kevin Spacey) and his wife who bicker so much they drive Dennis Leary to the point of insanity. I feel like Dennis Leary right now.

It was "The Ref."

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Brock has made some silly throws this year and has seemed to have lost some confidence. I still trust him to manage our offense.

Every time you get frustrated with the bland pass attack we have had the second half of the season, then just think about the Mertens and Mohler reign. Mertens was mistake after mistake and Mohler wouldnt throw a pass over 5 yards.

The receivers haven't looked too open this year either.

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I like Brock and have always supported him. Since he has taken over as the full time starting QB for this team, the record speaks for itself. Now, with that being said, lets not get crazy here. That pick 6 was all on Brock. He made a terrible throw. No one else in the Fargodome threw that ball. I also would venture to guess if you asked Brock he would tell you that play was on him. That wasn't a difficult play for a FCS QB.

If we are going to call him a championship QB, which he has earned, you also have to accept he should get a brunt of the blame when his play isn't so good. Sometimes he makes bad throws. Sometimes he makes very good throws. The Bison are very good at about a 60/40 split in run vs. pass, but that is still over 40% of the time where the QB decision making process is effecting the entire game.

I trust Brock and this team but there is nothing wrong with taking the #16 spectacles off and realizing he is deserving of both the respect and occasional criticism he deserves. He could have tucked the ball and ran for a couple of yards setting up a better punting situation. He could throw the ball out of bounds. He could take the sack. There were other choices but the one he made and attempted to execute, was wrong. That simple.
    Perfectly Written 110% all the way.

well so much for the Smith injury thread...lol

The Ref is an awesome movie

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBohl View Post
    well so much for the Smith injury thread...lol
    And, btw, I personally don't know anything about the seriousness of the injury. I hope he can contribute on Friday.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That Pick 6 should have been a touchdown the other way around. Vraa was breaking wide open down the sideline and had he caught it, he would have scored. It was good read but truly a horrible throw by Brock. That was a 14-point play for the bad guys.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by loudsilverado View Post
    The Ref is an awesome movie
    Need a Bisonville version of it. Cast? I'll be Dennis Leary and I kidnap a gay couple played by PL and Justin Tyem.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Smith had a calf injury not the hammy. Gebhardt hurt knee the week before SDSU game and did not play against them or today.
    Gebhart's injury is a hamstring problem. It was originally reported as a knee injury, but that turned out to be wrong.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden