Page 1 of 119 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT - @ Northern Iowa, 9-11-10

Default GDT - @ Northern Iowa, 9-11-10

It's Bison Gameday! NDSU's Week 2 matchup takes them on the road to conference foe Northern Iowa, a team currently ranked #14 in the FCS polls. Northern Iowa is in the midst of a rebuilding year of sorts after last year's senior-laden team graduated.

The Bison come into the game with a 1-0 record after a win over Big-XII Kansas. The defense showed up and while the offense didn't perform spectacularly, gaining less than 200 yards, most Bison fans are confident the offense will emerge with a game's experience.

The theme of the game is dramatic after NDSU went 0-2 to the Panthers in their two years as full members of the MVFC, and look to carry the momentum from an FBS win into the game today. Northern Iowa is confident their team will reload, but will the Bison be able to snatch a crucial road win and start conference play 1-0?

Personally, I feel this game will be won in the trenches - NDSU boasted a punishing defensive line, scoring four sacks and numerous hurries against the highly-touted offensive line of the Jayhawks, while the offensive line, with two new starters, limited a Big-XII D-line to just one sack. The Panthers were decimated on both lines this past season and the Bison should be able to hold the line well on both offense and defense. Key to this game will be establishing the passing game early, a factor which was not impressive against Kansas. Receivers Warren Holloway and Titus Mack will look to stretch the D and open up the run game en route to a Bison victory!

While it also may sound off-topic and somewhat of a downer, nine years ago today the World Trade Centers were attacked and American security was changed forever. Please take a moment to consider those affected by this tragedy, and carry on for those who were lost to this attack on American lives.

DJKyRo's Official Prediction: 20-13, NDSU.

Game time is at 6:37 pm CST, let's see a big Bison win!
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Default Re: GDT - @ Northern Iowa, 9-11-10

This week seemed like it would never end. 24-10 Bison.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Also my prayers to the families of all who suffered during and with everything that has happened after 9/11 and thank you to all our troops here and abroad.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    This week seemed like it would never end. 24-10 Bison.
    It was brutal. I think these next few hours are going to be worse.

Brisket is on and should be ready just before game time. Had to do something to pass the time.

Hopefully the Iowa vs Iowa State game takes a few fans away from the game.

woo bison!

i need to start drinking

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My Direct TV schedule is predicting a Bison win after just 30 minutes of actual time as there is a TV show on at 7

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

More optimistic today....Bison "pitch" a shutout!!

haha, looking at my tv guide, i was lookin at kvly & THIS tv on the same page, from 12:00-2:30 today on THIS, theyre showing 2007 uc davis @ north dakota state. labeled "classic college football"