PDA

View Full Version : Travis Beck Pilloried in the Media

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

thebigund
06-12-2013, 09:44 PM
That doesn't answer my question. BTW, how do you know the eye witness(s) were drunk or college kids?
Who else would be out at a bar until close? I assume they weren't pounding waters all night.

jack power
06-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Who else would be out at a bar until close? I assume they weren't pounding waters all night.
So you put little value in what people see and think but you assume the eye witnesses were both drunk and college kids. Got it...

CAS4127
06-12-2013, 09:49 PM

Probably college kids and young "adults". Not much dif at 2 a.m. I agree with u iow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebigund
06-12-2013, 09:51 PM
So you put little value in what people see and think but you assume the eye witnesses were both drunk and college kids. Got it...
I see what you're trying to do. The problem is you're not very good at it. Go practice in front of the mirror for a bit. Also try some mental stretching to open things up a bit, you seem to only be able to take what you read at face value.

Bison bison
06-12-2013, 09:52 PM

I don't know.

Could it be.... SATAN!?!

thebigund
06-12-2013, 09:54 PM
I don't know.

Could it be.... SATAN!?!
He's only allowed in bars/clubs on his birthday and he expects a Ferrari cake.

344Johnson
06-12-2013, 10:06 PM

I was there at bar close. Sober as a bird. Pounding water all night..

SDbison
06-12-2013, 10:09 PM
We all know if this happened in Vermillion, Brookings or Grand Forks it would not even be an issue, let alone get reported. In my opinion it is a joke that crap like this is escalated in today's world all because of lawyers (ever more laws and lawsuits), belief that police must get involved in everything and how soft society has become. Yep, I am just an old guy bitching, but I believe society was better off 20 or 30 years ago without all the intrusive government.

Hopefully if Travis is not guilty of anything but disorderly conduct he can be reinstated to the football team before fall practice starts. Although it is likely all the procedural court stuff drags on forever and he will miss a chunk of the season. Just not right. Thanks to some a-hole that probably deserved to get the crap beat out him.

westnodak93bison
06-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Agree SD. Used to be consequences for running your mouth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bisonaudit
06-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Duel at 10 paces?

CAS4127
06-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Duel at 10 paces?

Boy, how time has evolved. Almost too bad, really!!

The_Sicatoka
06-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Truisms, facts of life, exposed by reading the last few pages:

1. CAS should be Gibbs-slapped.
2. Nothing good happens outside a bar after midnight.

BadlandsBison
06-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Duel at 10 paces?

How do you expect to thumb wrestle that far apart?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The_Sicatoka
06-12-2013, 10:50 PM
How do you expect to thumb wrestle that far apart?

Watermelon seed spitting.

CAS4127
06-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Truisms, facts of life, exposed by reading the last few pages:

1. CAS should be Gibbs-slapped.
2. Nothing good happens outside a bar after midnight.

1. Don't know what Gibbs refers to.

2. I once, or twice or ... got a B ... wait, not gonna go there ...

The_Sicatoka
06-12-2013, 10:55 PM
1. Don't know what Gibbs refers to.

1. Gibbs slap: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=NRM2OENl2jk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNRM2OENl2jk
2. If you're not wanting to talk about it nothing good happened.

CAS4127
06-12-2013, 10:59 PM
1. Gibbs slap: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=NRM2OENl2jk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNRM2OENl2jk
2. If you're not wanting to talk about it nothing good happened.

OK--I would suggest you not try the Gibbs slap on me. We don't want a "repeat"--> if you know what I mean

BlueBisonRock
06-12-2013, 11:03 PM
What do you put value in?

Jacking around a Jack. <speaking for Large Whioux of course>

344Johnson
06-12-2013, 11:03 PM

Lies. 10 char.

MAKBison
06-12-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm sure he talked to Travis and, keep this in mind, the report the media and everyone else has seen/read about IS NOT THE FULL REPORT, it's not even the investigating officer's report. The report is from the officer who assisted and arrested Travis based upon what the investigating office told him to do. Ya, he talked to Travis in the squad car, but that is about it. Like I have said repeatedly, way more to the story.

For example, everyone points out the witnesses said Travis was the aggressor. That can mean several things, one of which is Travis was the more aggressive fighter involved. Well, no sh#t, but that does not mean he was the one who started the fight. Did he respond and fight more "aggressively"?!?! We know the answer because we know the outcome, right?!?!

I am betting What TB told the Police is going to play a big part in this. Did he make statements like, I was scared, threatened, stopped once the threat was over. Did not realize it was the police, just know a group of people were tying to hurt me. Once I knew I was safe I cooperated etc.

Again beyond just staying out of potentially bad situations, your best bet once you get caught up in one is to use your constitution right and shut the hell up until you talk to an attorney---one can say a lot of dumb things when they are emotionally charged.

BTW does anyone know how TB is doing....is he suffering any concussive systems, has his recollection of the incident clear etc etc..

TbonZach
06-13-2013, 12:13 AM
I don't know.

Could it be.... SATAN!?!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt73jcqLnP1qfsvaqo1_500.jpg

The Church Lady - one of my absolute favourite SNL characters.

EndZoneQB
06-13-2013, 12:14 AM
We all know if this happened in Vermillion, Brookings or Grand Forks it would not even be an issue, let alone get reported. In my opinion it is a joke that crap like this is escalated in today's world all because of lawyers (ever more laws and lawsuits), belief that police must get involved in everything and how soft society has become. Yep, I am just an old guy bitching, but I believe society was better off 20 or 30 years ago without all the intrusive government.

Hopefully if Travis is not guilty of anything but disorderly conduct he can be reinstated to the football team before fall practice starts. Although it is likely all the procedural court stuff drags on forever and he will miss a chunk of the season. Just not right. Thanks to some a-hole that probably deserved to get the crap beat out him.

I remember when I was in 2nd grade, I had an 4th grade neighborhood friend that all of a sudden started becoming a bully to me in front of his other friends. I let it get to me for awhile and tried to tell him to stop, my parents stayed out of it. Finally, one day I had enough. I beat the shit out of the bigger/older kid and my mom just walked away. He went home crying and told HIS parents on me. By the time I got home, his dad had called my parents to tell them that I had beat up their kid and I owed him an apology. Story came full circle about the persistent bullying and he got another ass-whooping at home. Never had a problem again. I knew telling on him would just make the situation worse.

SDbison
06-13-2013, 12:26 AM
I remember when I was in 2nd grade, I had an 4th grade neighborhood friend that all of a sudden started becoming a bully to me in front of his other friends. I let it get to me for awhile and tried to tell him to stop, my parents stayed out of it. Finally, one day I had enough. I beat the shit out of the bigger/older kid and my mom just walked away. He went home crying and told HIS parents on me. By the time I got home, his dad had called my parents to tell them that I had beat up their kid and I owed him an apology. Story came full circle about the persistent bullying and he got another ass-whooping at home. Never had a problem again. I knew telling on him would just make the situation worse. Yes there used to be a certain order in letting boys be boys and men be men. Sometimes a fist fight is the best way to resolve issues that just won't go away. Having the cops, courts and government always step in is unwarranted. Brave new world that is often misguided. Glad I don't have to be part of it for too much longer.

MNLonghorn10
06-13-2013, 02:13 AM
I remember when I was in 2nd grade, I had an 4th grade neighborhood friend that all of a sudden started becoming a bully to me in front of his other friends. I let it get to me for awhile and tried to tell him to stop, my parents stayed out of it. Finally, one day I had enough. I beat the shit out of the bigger/older kid and my mom just walked away. He went home crying and told HIS parents on me. By the time I got home, his dad had called my parents to tell them that I had beat up their kid and I owed him an apology. Story came full circle about the persistent bullying and he got another ass-whooping at home. Never had a problem again. I knew telling on him would just make the situation worse.
I call BS. we went to pre school together and when I invited you to my birthday, my parents had to call yours because you wouldn't stop crying. no way you grew that tough in 3 years.

KSBisonFan
06-13-2013, 02:23 AM
I remember when I was in 2nd grade, I had an 4th grade neighborhood friend named MNLonghorn10 that all of a sudden started becoming a bully to me in front of his one friend. I let it get to me for awhile and tried to tell Longhorn to stop, my parents stayed out of it. Finally, one day I had enough. I beat the shit out of Longhorn and my mom just walked away. Longhorn went home crying and told HIS parents on me. By the time I got home, Longhorn's dad had called my parents to tell them that I had beat up their smartass kid and I owed Longhorn an apology. Story came full circle about the persistent bullying and Longhorn got another ass-whooping at home. Never had a problem again. I knew telling on Longhorn would just make the situation worse.

I call BS. we went to pre school together and when I invited you to my birthday, my parents had to call yours because you wouldn't stop crying. no way you grew that tough in 3 years.

So EZ whooped a$$ on Longhorn.....this is all starting to come together.

MNLonghorn10
06-13-2013, 02:51 AM
almost, considering we're in the same grade.

TransAmBison
06-13-2013, 02:53 AM
almost, considering we're in the same grade.So you were held back three times. Seems believable.*

*More like probable...**
**Product of Moorhead...

GradBison
06-13-2013, 03:26 AM
Awarding my first rebus rep.

Quite the honor!

abc123
06-13-2013, 03:29 AM
Would any of those places had somebody who was so obsessed with looking like an insider post a semi-cryptic message on the internet long before anything came out and then keep dropping clues all day until somebody in the media finally put the puzzle together? I mean all just so they could claim to be the one that broke the story...

Edit: For the record, I would guess an athlete charged with a felony would be reported in any of those places.

tjbison
06-13-2013, 03:34 AM
Would any of those places had somebody who was so obsessed with looking like an insider post a semi-cryptic message on the internet long before anything came out and then keep dropping clues all day until somebody in the media finally put the puzzle together? I mean all just so they could claim to be the one that broke the story...

dude that's what makes you the ultimate Bison fan.....being the first with the "scoop", but instead of backing off they start their own websites

The_Sicatoka
06-13-2013, 05:33 AM
OK--I would suggest you not try the Gibbs slap on me. We don't want a "repeat"--> if you know what I mean

"Slap in the face would be humiliating; back of the head's a wake-up call" -- L. Jethro Gibbs

Coach Bohl (and Hakstol) should probably be giving a few of those out ... but these days it'd end up on YouTube and yadda-yadda-yadda ... <sigh>

EndZoneQB
06-13-2013, 05:36 AM

Good point, you still haven't grown up. If you really want to go there, I can post a banner.

Bison Dan
06-13-2013, 12:16 PM
"Slap in the face would be humiliating; back of the head's a wake-up call" -- L. Jethro Gibbs

Coach Bohl (and Hakstol) should probably be giving a few of those out ... but these days it'd end up on YouTube and yadda-yadda-yadda ... <sigh>Maybe for putting themselves in the situation but hardly for defending themselves.

tony
06-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Yes there used to be a certain order in letting boys be boys and men be men. Sometimes a fist fight is the best way to resolve issues that just won't go away. Having the cops, courts and government always step in is unwarranted. Brave new world that is often misguided. Glad I don't have to be part of it for too much longer.

What the hell, SDBison? That's pretty dark. When I think of the things that make life worth living, bar fights are pretty low on that list unless they involve hot women, no real damage, and wardrobe malfunctions galore (bonus points for the DJ spinning the Star Trek fight theme and if the combatants makeup at the end up the fight in spectacular fashion.)

There's a good reason that fights are bad... one being that all too often some cowardly dickweed will produce a weapon and kill somebody (usually the person who is just trying to break up the fight.)

Anyway, questions for our panel of experts:

1. In light of the mugshots of Beck with cuts around his eye and his lip, is the media suggesting that Beck beat the guy unconscious with his face?
2. Am I the only one who calls bullshit on somebody claiming that they were just trying to stop a fight by throwing punches?

BisonTeacher
06-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Brave new world that is often misguided. Glad I don't have to be part of it for too much longer.

What the hell, SDBison? That's pretty dark.

I was thinking that too Tony. SD...you going somewhere soon that we don't know about? I hope you are alright and just being glib.

NorthernBison
06-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Travis Beck - According to the generous NDSU measuring tape coming in at 6-0 and 212 lbs.
Aanenson - 6-6 and 225 lbs six years ago when he graduated. Not any shorter now but probably heavier.
Third party steps in to stop the fight by THROWING PUNCHES. Really? Why would anybody believe that explanation?

What do I know for sure????
1. Travis is not a trained fighter. He's a football player. He might have better fighting skills if he were a hockey player (oops I think he played youth hockey)
2. Aanenson was a basketball player.

conclusion: Basketball players can't fight. Is there anybody on the planet that didn't already know that?

Bison Dan
06-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Travis Beck - According to the generous NDSU measuring tape coming in at 6-0 and 212 lbs.
Aanenson - 6-6 and 225 lbs six years ago when he graduated. Not any shorter now but probably heavier.
Third party steps in to stop the fight by THROWING PUNCHES. Really? Why would anybody believe that explanation?

What do I know for sure????
1. Travis is not a trained fighter. He's a football player. He might have better fighting skills if he were a hockey player (oops I think he played youth hockey)
2. Aanenson was a basketball player.

conclusion: Basketball players can't fight. Is there anybody on the planet that didn't already know that?I talked with one guy who knew Aanenson and he said he's like 260-280. That's one big man - I doubt Beck is so stupid that he would pick a fight with him.

runtheoption
06-13-2013, 01:37 PM
1. In light of the mugshots of Beck with cuts around his eye and his lip, is the media suggesting that Beck beat the guy unconscious with his face?
2. Am I the only one who calls bullshit on somebody claiming that they were just trying to stop a fight by throwing punches? I've thought the same thing all along. Looking at Beck's shiner and cut/scraped lip, and a 3rd dude claiming he was breaking up the fight by throwing fists...sounds like a 2 on 1 fight.

Bison55
06-13-2013, 01:52 PM
Just because you're a big guy doesn't mean you're tough or can fight. I have seen a lot guys get their a$$ kicked by much smaller dudes who know what they're doing when they step outside.

NorthernBison
06-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Just because you're a big guy doesn't mean you're tough or can fight. I have seen a lot guys get their a$$ kicked by much smaller dudes who know what they're doing when they step outside.

True. The point is that the public seems to think that Travis beat up some poor innocent kid. Turns out the other guy is 3 years older, a half a foot taller, and probably 50 pounds heavier. Not to mention the friend he had right there who was throwing punches at Travis too. Travis is currently the only one charged with a crime. That seems odd but I can't pretend to be unbiased.

Bison55
06-13-2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah I agree, and I am not surprised that this has been spun to make it look like Travis is the bad guy when in fact it sounds like a 2 on 1

Rockbear99
06-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Yep I can attest to that. I got my ass handed to me by a guy about 5'7" and 120lbs. Later I found out he was a state champion wrestler. After that I learned how to Wrestle a little bit.

Bison55
06-13-2013, 02:41 PM
My point exactly. I wrestled for 12 years and I would still walk the other way if I saw the guy had cauliflower ears! :)

EndZoneQB
06-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Yep I can attest to that. I got my ass handed to me by a guy about 5'7" and 120lbs. Later I found out he was a state champion wrestler. After that I learned how to Wrestle a little bit.

In my experience, wrestling is a more important skill in real life fighting than punching/being able to take a punch. Usually someone ends up tackled before a punch is thrown.

CAS4127
06-13-2013, 02:57 PM
True. The point is that the public seems to think that Travis beat up some poor innocent kid. Turns out the other guy is 3 years older, a half a foot taller, and probably 50 pounds heavier. Not to mention the friend he had right there who was throwing punches at Travis too. Travis is currently the only one charged with a crime. That seems odd but I can't pretend to be unbiased.

Some more things to think about, keeping in mind we and the media are going off a one-page incident report. There is at this time no evidence that Travis had this guy on the ground and was pounding on him after he was knocked out. What does that tell us?? It tells us the other guy, who was also way bigger than Travis, was punching Travis while Travis was standing up and involved with the "victim" who, from what Travis told officers, had either first tried to punch or hit Travis (no evidence to the contrary at this point-->can't use officer's conclusion that Travis was the "aggressor" as that does not tell us who started the fight). So, Travis is defending himself against the "victim" and the "victim's" friend is throwing punches at Travis at the same time (sucker punching bastard)?!?! Can you imagine what is going through Travis' mind. He has two very large men coming at him. No question he has got to do something at that point. Run you say?! Doesn't sound like that was an option at that point. He defended himself, period. Why should he have to run, because he is an NDSU FB player?! I call BS there! Same applies to leaving the bar before things heated up to point they did. Why should Travis have to leave a public place?! Why?!?!

Also, I wonder if the officers involved asked any of the witnesses how much they had to drink and or took on-site breath tests of anyone? I highly doubt it because they never do. So we have witnesses who presumably were at the bar til closing--well, you don't go to a whore house to listen to the music my friends!!! Also, you may ask whether any bar employees were interviewed (wouldn't think they would have been drinking). We don't know if they were yet, but highly unlikely they are gonna admit that anyone was obviously intoxicated because it is against the law to serve an obviously intoxicated person. See where I am going?

Lastly, and just an FYI, in Nodak, police can not arrest someone for a misdemeanor offense if it was not committed in there presence. So, guess what, the aggravated assault charge was what they had to go with in order to arrest, although presumably they could have arrested for the resisting charge, but at that time they did not yet have sufficient information to know whether the evidence suggested Travis had even committed a crime. One can "resist" an illegal arrest. Does anyone know whether Travis is actually charged in Fargo Municipal Court with resisting? That's where it would be handled, as it is a misdemeanor (Fargo Municipal Court only has jurisdiction up to a class A misdemeanor offense, not felony offenses).

Like I have said, way more to this story than meets the eye at this point. Be patient, and let this thing run its course. Hopefully Bohl and NDSU do the same thing.

Bison bison
06-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Crucify Him! Crucify Him!

344Johnson
06-13-2013, 03:20 PM
My point exactly. I wrestled for 12 years and I would still walk the other way if I saw the guy had cauliflower ears! :)

Yes. Stay the hell away from those kids. I wrestled for 12 years too but the kids with those ears clearly are nuts.

THEsocalledfan
06-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Crucify Him! Crucify Him!

LOL, probably one of your best posts in some time. Yes, there are some similarities here.....

thebigund
06-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Maybe for putting themselves in the situation but hardly for defending themselves.
That lawnmower threw the first punch

bisonaudit
06-13-2013, 03:39 PM
LOL, probably one of your best posts in some time. Yes, there are some similarities here.....

Yep, Mr. Beck is a real social radical. We can't let this outsider undermine the status quo. Did you hear some guy in a bear skin who survives on bugs and charity gave him a football scholarship?

thebigund
06-13-2013, 03:39 PM
I talked with one guy who knew Aanenson and he said he's like 260-280. That's one big man - I doubt Beck is so stupid that he would pick a fight with him.
260 with a glass jaw. You can either take a punch (Mr. Beck) or not (Mr. Aanenson).

CaBisonFan
06-13-2013, 03:50 PM
That lawnmower threw the first punch

...or the hockey puck.

wow
06-13-2013, 03:58 PM

If an SDSU football player was charged with a felony, I have a hard time thinking it wouldn't be reported in the Argus Leader. SDSU has had players in trouble in the past, and it has always found its way to the media (as far as I can tell).

I would say that maybe the story wouldn't get as much traction if it happened in Brookings or Vermillion, simply because SDSU/USD football isn't as big a deal in Sioux Falls as Bison football is in Fargo. Additional success means additional scrutiny. You can't have the cake and eat it too.

I would imagine that if somebody like Jordan Dykstra had been charged with a felony during his last two seasons at SDSU it would have been a fairly big story. Of course, an SDSU felony would have likely been for something like having too many walleye in a freezer. :)

THEsocalledfan
06-13-2013, 04:04 PM
SDSU has had players in trouble in the past, and it has always found its way to the media (as far as I can tell).

Hmmmm, I certainly can think of a story of a prominent player that "went up in smoke."

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/cheech-and-chong-up-in-smoke.jpg

MN_BISON
06-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Of course, an SDSU felony would have likely been for something like having too many walleye in a freezer. :)

Now that's funny! Well done, wow!

HerdBot
06-13-2013, 04:13 PM
260 with a glass jaw. You can either take a punch (Mr. Beck) or not (Mr. Aanenson).

its funny how before the facts came out, everyone assumed he was just picking on some average joe and it turns out the guy was about the size of Landon Lechler coming out of high school and he played center so he was probably somewhat athletic (and only 24)

No matter what happens, Beck is one tough SOB

MAKBison
06-13-2013, 04:21 PM
What the hell, SDBison? That's pretty dark. When I think of the things that make life worth living, bar fights are pretty low on that list unless they involve hot women, no real damage, and wardrobe malfunctions galore (bonus points for the DJ spinning the Star Trek fight theme and if the combatants makeup at the end up the fight in spectacular fashion.)

There's a good reason that fights are bad... one being that all too often some cowardly dickweed will produce a weapon and kill somebody (usually the person who is just trying to break up the fight.)

2. Am I the only one who calls bullshit on somebody claiming that they were just trying to stop a fight by throwing punches?

1 Check---sounds about right for the FF.
2. Check---After further review your call of BS stands

wow
06-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Hmmmm, I certainly can think of a story of a prominent player that "went up in smoke."

http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/cheech-and-chong-up-in-smoke.jpg

What legal trouble did this prominent player get himself into? When was he charged? Was he ever arrested? His exit was reported and speculated on fairly extensively in the media, but without some sort of criminal charges or investigation I assume it was hard to reach even the most basic journalistic standards required to report anything. Police reports are a little different than heard it from a friend. Apples and Oranges.

If there were some charges, I'm not aware of them and I feel like an idiot for even arguing the point SDBison made.

CAS4127
06-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Cass County State's Attorney will be making a announcement this afternoon "on the status of the charges against Travis Beck"

Here we go!!!!

KilldeerBison
06-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Cass County State's Attorney will be making a announcement this afternoon "on the status of the charges against Travis Beck"

Here we go!!!!

Is this standard procedure, something you were expecting?

CAS4127
06-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Ahhhh, no-->this is not standard procedure at all, not even close. Stay tuned!!

bisonmike2
06-13-2013, 05:06 PM
This IS NOT CSI or NCIS or whatever other stupid effing shows that are on TV relating to criminal investigations. It actually takes a week or more for the prosecution to get disclosures/discovery to the defense attorney. I know-->hard to believe isn't it?!?

I would strike both of you from my jury pool just for watching those shows btw!!!! /kinda purple (Salmon?!?!?!?)

Sounds like someone is not a fan of Horatio Cane.
http://static.tvgcdn.net/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/A_F/Cq_Cz/CSI_Miami/csi-miami.jpg

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

/sorry I couldn't think of anything witty to say.

THEsocalledfan
06-13-2013, 05:25 PM
What legal trouble did this prominent player get himself into? When was he charged? Was he ever arrested? His exit was reported and speculated on fairly extensively in the media, but without some sort of criminal charges or investigation I assume it was hard to reach even the most basic journalistic standards required to report anything. Police reports are a little different than heard it from a friend. Apples and Oranges.

If there were some charges, I'm not aware of them and I feel like an idiot for even arguing the point SDBison made.

And if the players in question had chosen to call authorities rather than handling it internally, there would have been a police report and charges. I have heard the story from multiple, independent sources and you and I know there was a very strange thing that happened within the last couple years where the story didn't exactly add up if you had any ounce of common sense.

One other comment: I have to think Terry V. heard the story, but he would have had to get sources willing to go public. It would not have been easy, and he would be "biting the hand that feed him" and it would have damaged Stig's rep even though clearly not his fault. If he actively decided not to pursue it, I really don't blame him, but in Fargo the said player would have been crucified upside down like Peter.

EightyfourBison
06-13-2013, 05:34 PM
KFGO newsman was on with Jack on 740 and indicated he thought it would be good news for Travis.

KSBisonFan
06-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Ahhhh, no-->this is not standard procedure at all, not even close. Stay tuned!!

So a prosecutor's press conference could mean what? Reclassify charges, plea agreement, dismissal, .....?

CAS4127
06-13-2013, 05:41 PM
KFGO newsman was on with Jack on 740 and indicated he thought it would be good news for Travis.

I normally do not like when newspeeps/reporters interview each other, but in this case I have no problem with it.

So a prosecutor's press conference could mean what? Reclassify charges, plea agreement, dismissal, .....?

Dismissal or reclassify, yes!! Plea agreement, no!!

EndZoneQB
06-13-2013, 05:42 PM

I'm going with dismissal or reclassifying. Not sure they would hold a press conference for a plea agreement. But I could be wrong.

Edit: I see CAS beat me to it.

CAS4127
06-13-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm going with dismissal or reclassifying. Not sure they would hold a press conference for a plea agreement. But I could be wrong.

Edit: I see CAS beat me to it.

Plea agreements normally have to be approved by alleged "victim", and he lives in North Carolina and this has only been going on for less than a week. Plea agreements take longer than that.

Also, investigators and prosecutors have no thoroughly reviewed videos and other evidence.

Bisonator98
06-13-2013, 05:45 PM
So percentage it is dismissed or it is reclassified to disorderly conduct? 50/50?

Mr. Burgundy
06-13-2013, 05:46 PM
I can't wait for all of the public apologies.

CAS4127
06-13-2013, 05:47 PM
So percentage it is dismissed or it is reclassified to disorderly conduct? 50/50?

Self-defense is an available defense to a charge of disorderly conduct.

EndZoneQB
06-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Plea agreements normally have to be approved by alleged "victim", and he lives in North Carolina and this has only been going on for less than a week. Plea agreements take longer than that.

Also, investigators and prosecutors have no thoroughly reviewed videos and other evidence.

Yep, that's what I figured. Lots more back and forth needed for a plea agreement versus the prosecutors being able to make a decision themselves on the reclassifying/dismissal.

I can't wait for all of the public apologies.

Haha, you really think that is going to happen?? Pfft. Wishful thinking.

GRAFTONBISON
06-13-2013, 05:55 PM
i can't wait for all of the public apologies.

fify........

Mr. Burgundy
06-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Glad I'm not Chris Berg.

KSBisonFan
06-13-2013, 06:01 PM
So let's say misdemeanor at worst, charges dismissed at best......Does Beck get suspended for any games?

bisonmike2
06-13-2013, 06:01 PM
So let's say misdemeanor at worst, charges dismissed at best......Does Beck get suspended for any games?

Suspend him for the Montana State game.

EndZoneQB
06-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Glad I'm not Chris Berg.

That was so brutal to watch for 10 seconds the other night, my god.

KSBisonFan
06-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Glad I'm not Chris Berg.

That was so brutal to watch for 10 seconds the other night, my god.

Summary?????

Bisonator98
06-13-2013, 06:04 PM

Misdemeanor = 1 or 2 game suspension

Dismissed = nothing

EndZoneQB
06-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Summary?????

blah blah blah NDSU has a problem in their athletic department blah blah blah why isn't there accountability blah blah blah why aren't you outraged that a public employee Dean Bresciani refuses to comment on the situation blah blah blah I turned that crap off as fast I turned it on when MN told me about it.

dewey
06-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Misdemeanor = 1 or 2 game suspension

Dismissed = nothing

I agree if the charges are dismissed because of self defense then there should be no punishment.

Dewey

MNLonghorn10
06-13-2013, 06:09 PM
POV on tuesday or whenenver it came out was brutal.

Yes, the taxpayers of ND should be mad at Brescani for not taking 5 minutes of his time to talk to some troll who will ask questions just to get a rise out of someone or the audience(all 100 people)

Berg looks stupid, but i doubt he'll mention anything about it, if its dismissed or whatever.

wow
And if the players in question had chosen to call authorities rather than handling it internally, there would have been a police report and charges. I have heard the story from multiple, independent sources and you and I know there was a very strange thing that happened within the last couple years where the story didn't exactly add up if you had any ounce of common sense.

One other comment: I have to think Terry V. heard the story, but he would have had to get sources willing to go public. It would not have been easy, and he would be "biting the hand that feed him" and it would have damaged Stig's rep even though clearly not his fault. If he actively decided not to pursue it, I really don't blame him, but in Fargo the said player would have been crucified upside down like Peter.

How does that compare to a situation with an actual arrest and felony charge? This story is an absolute gift to even the laziest reporter. SDBison said this wouldn't be reported if it involved an SDSU player in Brookings. I disagree.

I'm not saying SDSU's poop doesn't stink, just saying an identical circumstance in Brookings would be reported.

KSBisonFan

Could charges then be filed against the other parties involved based on the video?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-13-2013, 06:11 PM

LOL. I had almost the exact same scenario. I was in second grade and we had this kid in our class who was held back for what looked like a half dozen years. "Russell tits" was his nickname because, well, you get the picture. Anyway, he was always bulling us around because he was a foot taller and at least 50 lbs heavier than my friends and I. Same thing happened, I got tired of his shit a kicked his ass one day on the playground during recess. Funny thing about those days in the early 70's, no one said a thing to anyone. Never got into trouble and never had any trouble from the dipshit ever again. Moral of the story? If you ever have a bully giving you a rough time, just squeeze their big tits as hard as you can until they fall to the ground then pounce on them and aim for the nose.

What this story has to do with the thread, I really don't know. Entertainment value, I suppose.

perthbison
06-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Could charges then be filed against the other parties involved based on the video?That's a really good question? Cas?

TransAmBison
06-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Could charges then be filed against the other parties involved based on the video?Since they don't play for the Bison...

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-13-2013, 06:13 PM

I'm with you on this.

Bison 4 Life
06-13-2013, 06:14 PM
POV on tuesday or whenenver it came out was brutal.

Yes, the taxpayers of ND should be mad at Brescani for not taking 5 minutes of his time to talk to some troll who will ask questions just to get a rise out of someone or the audience(all 100 people)

Berg looks stupid, but i doubt he'll mention anything about it, if its dismissed or whatever.

anybody have a link? The latest I can find in from Monday the 10th.

CAS4127
06-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Could charges then be filed against the other parties involved based on the video?

I'll address this after the news conference.

KSBisonFan
06-13-2013, 06:20 PM
I'll address this after the news conference.

Remind me again why everyone on Bisonville chipped in to pay your massive retainer?????

RedRiver
06-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Such as Tank on the 740 The Fan noon show.

GradBison
06-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Such as Tank on the 740 The Fan noon show.

Tank is a UND man through and through. Don't let his feigned excitement over the last two championship seasons tell you otherwise.

BISONFAN4LIFE
06-13-2013, 06:25 PM
My guess is charges dismissed. My question will the Fabulous Forum put the retraction on the front page in Large Print. What are the chances of that??

bisonaudit
06-13-2013, 06:26 PM
My guess is charges dismissed. My question will the Fabulous Forum put the retraction on the front page in Large Print. What are the chances of that??

What do they have to retract?

Bisonator98
06-13-2013, 06:27 PM
I can't really see the charges being dismissed. There was a fight, someone got knocked out, police were called. That seems to be the definition of disorderly conduct for all parties invloved if you ask me.

BISONFAN4LIFE
06-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Ok retract was a wrong statement. I would like to see the results and full story on the front page.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Suspend him for the Montana State game.

Hey, you stole my line and didn't give me credit.

You should be swiftly booked on felony assault charges and promptly crucified by the F-M media.

MNLonghorn10
06-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Lakes is going "shooter" Charlie Walters on the bit and saying per a little birdie that the charges are going to get dropped.

MNLonghorn10
06-13-2013, 06:35 PM
anybody have a link? The latest I can find in from Monday the 10th.
Well the show was on tuesday so maybe tomorrow or somethin.

NorthernBison
06-13-2013, 06:35 PM
I can't really see the charges being dismissed. There was a fight, someone got knocked out, police were called. That seems to be the definition of disorderly conduct for all parties invloved if you ask me.

If there was a clear attempt to end the confrontation by Travis, there is no basis for Disorderly Conduct. He would be using self defense as his defense against the charge and, if that was backed by solid eveidence, if would be rather pointless to spend resources pursuing a conviction.

BTW, I don't see a major problem with the way the Fargo Police handled this so far. As for the media and some others, that's a different story.

bisonmike2
06-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Hey, you stole my line and didn't give me credit.

You should be swiftly booked on felony assault charges and promptly crucified by the F-M media.

I apologize. I didn't see you posted that but because we live in a litigious society I am going to sue you and claim that you stole my thoughts before I was able to post it.

Bisonator98
06-13-2013, 06:42 PM
If there was a clear attempt to end the confrontation by Travis, there is no basis for Disorderly Conduct. He would be using self defense as his defense against the charge and, if that was backed by solid eveidence, if would be rather pointless to spend resources pursuing a conviction.

BTW, I don't see a major problem with the way the Fargo Police handled this so far. As for the media and some others, that's a different story.

I hope you're right. That's obviously the best case scenario.

KSBisonFan
06-13-2013, 06:44 PM
I apologize. I didn't see you posted that but because we live in a litigious society I am going to sue you and claim that you stole my thoughts before I was able to post it.

Pretty classy move, BM2.....apologizing to the person you're going to sue. That's what you call a Civil Action.

goalpost
06-13-2013, 06:44 PM
I said that all along , it will be very minor or nothing at all

Bisonator98
06-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Hopefully we can get back to hounding GT about the schedule in 45 minutes!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Who is Chris Berg?

And for those of us not from the F-M area, what HS did this Aanesson guy go to? Did he play basketball after HS?

HoopsBison
06-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Who is Chris Berg?

And for those of us not from the F-M area, what HS did this Aanesson guy go to? Did he play basketball after HS?

Fargo South, and no. I believe he went to NDSU for a year and then moved to North Carolina.

MNLonghorn10
06-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Who is Chris Berg?

he's the host on Valley News Lives "POV" at 6:30 everyday...it's pretty much just a show that has people on there to either pile on an issue(like having Rob freakin Port as a guest for the Beck thing)...or get someone to say something wrong and then VNL would use that quote to just attack. its just 30 minutes of trolling pretty much.

Bison"FANatic"
06-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Lakes is going "shooter" Charlie Walters on the bit and saying per a little birdie that the charges are going to get dropped.

I don't frequent his sight but you have to let me know if Lakes, standingrockbison, and dragonsfan all start having a argument with each other. That could be a research project all in its self. :):) Now if Ih8dasioux shows up, Katy bar the door it is going to get good. :):)

KSBisonFan
06-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Hopefully we can get back to hounding GT about the schedule in 45 minutes!

Pretty sure the prosecutor is also going to announce the final game to complete the schedule in about 35 minutes. Charges dismissed, schedule finalized, I'm calling it a week!

tjamz
06-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Holy crap, McFeely thinks the charges will be dropped... and didn't sound disgusted at the idea of opposed to Beck rejoining the team.... #confused

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

bisonmike2
06-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Pretty sure the prosecutor is also going to announce the final game to complete the schedule in about 35 minutes. Charges dismissed, schedule finalized, I'm calling it a week!

It would be funny if he does the press conference while wearing a Bison jersey.

KilldeerBison
06-13-2013, 07:03 PM

Even funnier, if dropping charges while wearing a Pooh jersey.

KSBisonFan
06-13-2013, 07:03 PM

With some Bison fans chanting "Let's go Bison" in the background. And did I mention Thundar and the cheerleaders would be there too?

CAS4127
06-13-2013, 07:04 PM

Disagree, that would just give the haters something to cry foul about, as in he is a big NDSU fan and special treatment results.

I know you were joking btw!!

Bisonate
06-13-2013, 07:06 PM
what time and station for the press conference?

goalpost
06-13-2013, 07:07 PM
I hope the full story comes out

KilldeerBison
06-13-2013, 07:07 PM

http://www.wday.com/pages/AM970Radio

2:30pm

KSBisonFan
06-13-2013, 07:08 PM

KFGO, 2:30. Everybody up for the press conference, the march is ooooonnnnnnnn!!!!!

westnodak93bison
06-13-2013, 07:11 PM
KFGO, 2:30. Everybody up for the press conference, the march is ooooonnnnnnnn!!!!!

Lmao

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Wally
06-13-2013, 07:12 PM
http://www.wday.com/pages/AM970Radio

2:30pm

You can also use the tune in radio app and search wday

bisonmike2
06-13-2013, 07:12 PM
Pretty classy move, BM2.....apologizing to the person you're going to sue. That's what you call a Civil Action.

I don't like your tone. Guess what, your getting sued next!

Bison bison
06-13-2013, 07:14 PM
BM2.

Talk about redundant.

bisonsupporter
06-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Maybe they will wear "Free Beck" shirts?

KilldeerBison
06-13-2013, 07:15 PM
KSBisonFan is on fire today, already hit a few out of the park!

HerdBot
06-13-2013, 07:15 PM
With some Bison fans chanting "Let's go Bison" in the background. And did I mention Thundar and the cheerleaders would be there too?

And of course they kill the lights, run the intro video, and have a tunnel walk with the FPD holding a Bison flag. That was a bad joke.

KSBisonFan
06-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Maybe they will wear "Free Beck" shirts?

And hopefully there is a beer distributor stacking up cases of Beck's to be used as a podium for the big announcement.

Bison bison
06-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Just heard from a friend who runs a pr firm in town that has been hired by Mr. Beck's family.

They are going to have a short press release as soon as the state's attorney's done.

It's about a page long. First paragraph about Saturday. A paragraph about Travis. It end's with Travis' response to a single question, "Do you have any comments on recent events in your own words?"

Mr. Beck's response, "I got two turn tables and a microphone!"

tony
06-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Just heard from a friend who runs a pr firm in town that has been hired by Mr. Beck's family.

They are going to have a short press release as soon as the state's attorney's done.

It's about a page long. First paragraph about Saturday. A paragraph about Travis. It end's with Travis' response to a single question, "Do you have any comments on recent events in your own words?"

Mr. Beck's response, "I got two turn tables and a microphone!"

Are there going to be jamboree handouts?

Bison bison
06-13-2013, 07:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&amp;v=EPfmNxKLDG4#t=68 s

CAS4127
06-13-2013, 07:26 PM
I think you all are jumping the gun a bit!!/purple???!????

Bison 4 Life
06-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Waiting for the new conference I came to one conclusion. Rob Port makes me glad I don't live in North Dakota anymore.

BisonAccountant44
06-13-2013, 07:29 PM
They're going to drop Rob Port for the presser! Bet he loves that. :rofl:

Bison bison
06-13-2013, 07:30 PM
walaker to give beck keys to the city!!!!

thebigund
06-13-2013, 07:33 PM
http://youtu.be/S2YbY9eYmdM

If Mr. Beck got hit you must acquit.

Bison 4 Life
Charges dismissed. Lawyer talk abounds!

KilldeerBison
Dismissed charge. WOW.

G_Funky
06-13-2013, 07:34 PM
and boom goes the dynamite

Bison bison
06-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Lesson to Bisonville.

Hire the best lawyer you can.

MNLonghorn10
06-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Everything including resisting?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

HerdBot
06-13-2013, 07:35 PM
only 970 is live

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Dismissed charge. WOW.

wtf??? I'm listening to KFGO online and the new is still on.

Is this for real?

goalpost
yaaaa hee!!

HerdBot
Case dismissed!! Yeah boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

CalBison97
06-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Thank you to whoever decided to and install the cameras.

Bison bison
Great News!

Let's get Drunk and Kick some ASS!!!!

EndZoneQB
Everyone put your pitchforks away! Yay!

We should ban everyone that called for his head! lol

KilldeerBison
06-13-2013, 07:38 PM

Resisting is in the City Court, they (states attorney) don't deal with the resisting, according to the speaker.

G_Funky

county isnt charging him...up to the city to decide on resisting

GradBison
Thank you to whoever decided to and install the cameras.

Big Brother says you're welcome.

BadlandsBison
Quickly! How many speeding tickets does Bohl have?

goalpost
06-13-2013, 07:39 PM
the forum sucks

MNLonghorn10
06-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Everyone put your pitchforks away! Yay!

We should ban everyone that called for his head! lol

I mistyped 0.0% to 100%

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
Yes!!!!!! 3-peat baby.

Suit him up for KSU!!!!!!!

LETS GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G_Funky
of course the city is preceding with the process...FPD choke on a fat one

Bison"FANatic"
06-13-2013, 07:41 PM

7 in ND.......

bisonsupporter
Bohl still discipline Beck for a half or game?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
Hell has officially frozen over. McFeelly thinks he should be reinstated on the team immediately.

HerdBot
06-13-2013, 07:42 PM
county isnt charging him...up to the city to decide on resisting

well it may not be as far as resisting goes

bisonmike2
the forum sucks

lets see how long, if at all, that it takes them to add the *breaking news - charges dropped* banner to the forum homepage.

thebigund
trick question, the city of Fargo now defines the speed limit on a given street by the speed at which Bohl is driving. They retroactively removed all of his speeding tickets so the actual answer is 0.

KSBisonFan
Yes!!!!!! 3-peat baby.

Suit him up for KSU!!!!!!!

LETS GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beck is probably getting suited up right freaking now!

Professor Chaos
I'm glad to be wrong about the punishment Beck should face. I'm sure this will be a good opportunity to learn for him and his teammates about the scrutiny they'll face when s*** turns sour, even when they aren't at fault.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-13-2013, 07:43 PM

He should sit out for 9/7 and 9/14.

KilldeerBison
06-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Like they said, upon review they could not discount or disprove self defense. Why would you punish someone for self defense?

EndZoneQB
06-13-2013, 07:44 PM
I definitely can't argue with them charging Beck. I think it sucks that even tho the reason he was being arrested has been dropped, he can still be charged with resisting. That annoys the shit out of me.

bri-dog
06-13-2013, 07:45 PM
NOW I will comment...

Yee-haw!!!*

*I wish someone had the video.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-13-2013, 07:46 PM
I definitely can't argue with them charging Beck. I think it sucks that even tho the reason he was being arrested has been dropped, he can still be charged with resisting. That annoys the shit out of me.

Yes, he was right to resist a unjustified arrest.

G_Funky
06-13-2013, 07:46 PM
if/how long he is suspended will pry depend on a convo between Bohl and Beck...when Bohl gets the scoop about what went down he will figure it out...this aint his first rodeo

Hansel
06-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Will the public get to see the video?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
Who is McFeely's faggy sidekick?

EndZoneQB
Jay Thomas is ripping people that are still not putting the pitchforks down...I like this guy more and more.

KSBisonFan
06-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Will the public get to see the video?

No....presser said it won't be released.

thebigund
06-13-2013, 07:49 PM
meanwhile everyone is forgetting about Kenny Watkins actually doing something wrong.....

roadwarrior
06-13-2013, 07:52 PM
No....presser said it won't be released.

Only because the city might still have charges.

KilldeerBison
06-13-2013, 07:52 PM

Looking at the arrest picture, looks like Travis could have gotten his bell rung. Could be part of the reason he was seen wandering away and non responsive. Like the states attorney said, they could not dismiss or disprove Travis was defending himself.

bisonsupporter
06-13-2013, 07:53 PM
This thread can be filed away. Now back onto the schedule issues.

G_Funky
06-13-2013, 07:53 PM
any "insiders" with word on an NDSU presser? I know it was just announced but I find it hard to believe they didnt already know..

bisonaudit
06-13-2013, 07:54 PM

Hopefully no one is taking legal advice from you.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-13-2013, 07:58 PM

Henry David Thoreau. Ever heard of him?

bisonmike2
06-13-2013, 07:58 PM

He should be taking legal advice from me.

Beck should go and beat up that kid now because he can't be found guilty because it would be double jeopardy and that's a fact.

/i'm putting this out there to see if CAS's head explodes.

tony
06-13-2013, 08:00 PM
7 in ND.......

How many does Joel Heitkamp have?

CAS4127
Boom, I told you guys to wait for the rest of the story. As for the resisting, technically one can resist an illegal arrest (technically, this is a fleeing charge, but Fargo's ordinance calls it resisting). IOW, Travis has a defense if he wants to use it. My guess is that that charge may likely get dismissed or there will be a plea with a deferred imposition disposition.

As for questions about the ... ahem ... "victim" or his friend being charged, I doubt that will happen. The "victim" already got his punishment IMO, so if I were the prosecutor, I would let it go, and let the "victim" walk.

Stay tuned on the resisting charge, there is more to that story as well.

I will also add that I understand the video shows the "victim" going after Travis to get the whole thing started when Travis was trying to walk away from the bar. So there you go ......

And now you know the rest (well most of it) of the story.

EndZoneQB
any "insiders" with word on an NDSU presser? I know it was just announced but I find it hard to believe they didnt already know..

Bingo. I have a feeling this is EXACTLY why Bresciani didn't want to comment.

KSBisonFan
06-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Callers still calling for a 4 game suspension and saying NDSU influenced prosecutor. Wow! Just, wow! :facepalm:

Bison bison
06-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Boom, I told you guys to wait for the rest of the story. As for the resisting, technically one can resist an illegal arrest

blah. blah. blah.

I've seen good will hunting and understand how the legal system works.

loudsilverado
06-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Sweet. I figured as much

Bison06
06-13-2013, 08:04 PM
I think a 2-3 game suspension is still warranted. With the history recently, Coach Bohl needs to send a clear message. I'll be disappointed if he plays at K-State.

thebigund
06-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Callers still calling for a 4 game suspension and saying NDSU influenced prosecutor. Wow! Just, wow! :facepalm:
Hate to nitpick but callers were going for a 4 game suspension while Darrel was sending emails implicating NDSU pulling some strings and making some phone calls. The callers made no such accusation.

Bison 4 Life
06-13-2013, 08:06 PM
I think a 2-3 game suspension is still warranted. With the history recently, Coach Bohl needs to send a clear message. I'll be disappointed if he plays at K-State.

I'm going the other way on this one. If there are no charges, there should be no suspension, regardless of what has transpired.

perthbison
06-13-2013, 08:07 PM
the forum sucksthere is a separate thread for this:cheers:

Bison06
06-13-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm going the other way on this one. If there are no charges, there should be no suspension, regardless of what has transpired.

I'm not sure how that is a defensible position from Coach Bohl's standpoint. He and Gene have both made it very clear that they have a zero tolerance policy for violence.

Listen, the law may not find it in their power to prosecute, but the negative press alone on this one is worth a few games in my eyes.

G_Funky
06-13-2013, 08:08 PM

If CAS's info is accurate and Beck WAS walking away and this kid chases him down then no suspension whatsoever...I mean he did exactly what everyone on here said he should have done and was walking away from the situation...you expect him to just stand there and let some dude bash him in?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-13-2013, 08:08 PM

Hell, I won't. The guy came after him, what the hell did you want him to do? He did what he had to do. Beck wouldn't have been in this position if it wasn't for the other guy. The other guy started it, Beck finished it. End of story.

KilldeerBison
06-13-2013, 08:09 PM

What clear message would Bohl be sending? Don't ever defend yourself if you are attacked?

CalBison97

Based off of what info we have, I disagree. Self-defense should not garner any suspension. Wait and see what happens with the resisting arrest charge.

bisonsupporter
I'm not sure how that is a defensible position from Coach Bohl's standpoint. He and Gene have both made it very clear that they have a zero tolerance policy for violence.

Listen, the law may not find it in their power to prosecute, but the negative press alone on this one is worth a few games in my eyes.

So a guy isnt suppose to defend himself from being possible seriously injured? This makes no sense.

Bisonator98

What does that have to do with defending oneself???

G_Funky
06-13-2013, 08:10 PM
If this were a situation where TB stopped some scum bag from beating up his girl or stopped some guy from hurting a kid he would be dubbed a hero...he defends himself and he's still being called out to be suspended...

kbswish22
06-13-2013, 08:10 PM

Let's say Bohl believes Beck telling him it was self defense and the video confirms his story. Bohl's zero tolerance policy surely can't mean that you have to just lay there and get your ass-kicked so you aren't engaging in violence. You want to suspend him for 2-3 games just because of negative press generated from Travis' self defense, assuming Bohl believes it was self defense?

Bison06
06-13-2013, 08:11 PM
If CAS's info is accurate and Beck WAS walking away and this kid chases him down then no suspension whatsoever...I mean he did exactly what everyone on here said he should have done and was walking away from the situation...you expect him to just stand there and let some dude bash him in?

I am not saying I don't expect him to do what he did. If the latest reports are true, then I would have done the exact same thing. I am also not naïve, Travis did something to make the kid want to come after him, so let's not pretend he is completely innocent just because the law doesn't have sufficient evidence. As I said, the negative press alone is worth a few games.

Bison06
06-13-2013, 08:12 PM
So you guys would have me believe that these two had never met each other and exchanged words and the dude just came up from behind and started beating on him? C'mon.

1st&TennBison
06-13-2013, 08:12 PM
I love this, little guy trying to act tough in front of his friends gets his ass kicked. Police are called, probably by his friends while TB is kicking his ass. Charges are dropped and TB comes out smelling like a rose compared to the "cough cough" victim. Owner of the bar backs up TB saying he was sitting at the end of the bar minding his own business and the "cough cough" victim starts harassing him. Glad my neighbors kid went down to FPD and demanded to give a statement (not that it was a game changer or anything). Hope that TBs punishment is, allowing him to assault the Kansas offense. Would suck if he gets any kind of suspension from this and I am hoping he is reinstated back to the team ASAP (like tomorrow).

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-13-2013, 08:13 PM
I am not saying I don't expect him to do what he did. If the latest reports are true, then I would have done the exact same thing. I am also not naïve, Travis did something to make the kid want to come after him, so let's not pretend he is completely innocent just because the law doesn't have sufficient evidence. As I said, the negative press alone is worth a few games.

Screw they'll get over it. They got over it after petition-gate, they'll get over this one as well.

Bison06
06-13-2013, 08:13 PM
What clear message would Bohl be sending? Don't ever defend yourself if you are attacked?

Don't find yourself drunk at the bar at 2am.

Wally
06-13-2013, 08:14 PM
I made the mistake of going to the valley news live fb page to see what they had to say. I am truly embarrassed for some people.

CAS4127
06-13-2013, 08:15 PM

How do you know Travis did something to make the kid come after him-->I can say this, that is complete BS and incorrect!!

As for punishing because of the press, that's BS too!! YOU WANT TO LET THE PRESS TO START DICTATING HOW YOU RUN YOUR PROGRAM?!? DO YOU WANT TO LET THE PRESS TO START CALLING PLAYS IF THEY BECOME CRITICAL OF THAT AND GO NEGATIVE?!?!?

UNREAL!!

56BISON73

I wont. The kid didnt instigate the problem. Nothing should be done as far as suspensions. But I am afraid there will be because there are some that feel---something has to done or some such bs.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
[QUOTE=EPBison;740605]I made the mistake of going to the valley news live fb page to see what they had to say. I am truly embarrassed for some people.[/QUOTE

There are called Sheepeople. No original thought on their own.

KilldeerBison
06-13-2013, 08:16 PM

That's not what the states attorney said. They believed that they could not dismiss the fact that Travis was defending himself. That's why no charge.

Bison bison
06-13-2013, 08:16 PM
DO YOU WANT TO LET THE PRESS TO START CALLING PLAYS IF THEY BECOME CRITICAL OF THAT AND GO NEGATIVE?!?!?[/SIZE]

Bring back the OPTION!!!!

EndZoneQB
06-13-2013, 08:17 PM
How do you know Travis did something to make the kid come after him-->I can say this, that is complete BS and incorrect!!

As for punishing because of the press, that's BS too!! YOU WANT TO LET THE PRESS TO START DICTATING HOW YOU RUN YOUR PROGRAM?!? DO YOU WANT TO LET THE PRESS TO START CALLING PLAYS IF THEY BECOME CRITICAL OF THAT AND GO NEGATIVE?!?!?

UNREAL!!

And this is the reason why Bohl doesn't like the BCS environment. Take it to the bank.

kbswish22

In handing down a suspension I totally disagree with looking at the results. You should suspend someone for the improper conduct on its own merits. I disagree with saying "We got bad press, and for that alone I'm suspending you." Assuming the punch was self defense, and therefore justifiable, the improper conduct you allege he should be suspended for is basically having some drinks at a bar and exchanging some heated words. Sorry I don't think he should be suspended for that.

JSUBison

I know what you're saying, but what Beck did could have been as small as saying hi to some girl or accidentally bumping him. Maybe the bartender skipped over what's his face and served Beck first, who knows? Everyone knows that Likes-to-fight-guy needs very little provocation to throw down when being "disrespected".

Bison06

UNREAL!!

You obviously have more details then me. But, are you saying this dude just came up to him and started jawing for no reason?

MAKBison
Boom, I told you guys to wait for the rest of the story. As for the resisting, technically one can resist an illegal arrest (technically, this is a fleeing charge, but Fargo's ordinance calls it resisting). IOW, Travis has a defense if he wants to use it. My guess is that that charge may likely get dismissed or there will be a plea with a deferred imposition disposition.

As for questions about the ... ahem ... "victim" or his friend being charged, I doubt that will happen. The "victim" already got his punishment IMO, so if I were the prosecutor, I would let it go, and let the "victim" walk.

Stay tuned on the resisting charge, there is more to that story as well.

I will also add that I understand the video shows the "victim" going after Travis to get the whole thing started when Travis was trying to walk away from the bar. So there you go ......

And now you know the rest (well most of it) of the story.

Agree 100% Cass. TB has a few different defenses for the fleeing/resisting charges. MY bet is that too will be dropped and the City walks away. Outside chance of DC against the instigator.

Civil ----TB should go after the guy who chased him down and the guy who punched him for causing harm. Take that Portly Rob!!!!

kbswish22
06-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Don't find yourself drunk at the bar at 2am.

Ok then you have to suspend everyone that is drunk at a bar at 2am. Get real.

CAS4127
06-13-2013, 08:18 PM
So you guys would have me believe that these two had never met each other and exchanged words and the dude just came up from behind and started beating on him? C'mon.

Yes, because it is fact. Travis did not know this guy at all!!

Read this from TennBison (although "victim" was not little (but obviously an asshole):

"love this, little guy trying to act tough in front of his friends gets his ass kicked. Police are called, probably by his friends while TB is kicking his ass. Charges are dropped and TB comes out smelling like a rose compared to the "cough cough" victim. Owner of the bar backs up TB saying he was sitting at the end of the bar minding his own business and the "cough cough" victim starts harassing him. Glad my neighbors kid went down to FPD and demanded to give a statement (not that it was a game changer or anything). Hope that TBs punishment is, allowing him to assault the Kansas offense. Would suck if he gets any kind of suspension from this and I am hoping he is reinstated back to the team ASAP (like tomorrow)."

EndZoneQB
06-13-2013, 08:20 PM
I love this, little guy trying to act tough in front of his friends gets his ass kicked. Police are called, probably by his friends while TB is kicking his ass. Charges are dropped and TB comes out smelling like a rose compared to the "cough cough" victim. Owner of the bar backs up TB saying he was sitting at the end of the bar minding his own business and the "cough cough" victim starts harassing him. Glad my neighbors kid went down to FPD and demanded to give a statement (not that it was a game changer or anything). Hope that TBs punishment is, allowing him to assault the Kansas offense. Would suck if he gets any kind of suspension from this and I am hoping he is reinstated back to the team ASAP (like tomorrow).

Only problem being, the other guy wasn't "little". He is 6'6'' 250ish...

Bison06
06-13-2013, 08:20 PM

Read this from TennBison (although "victim" was not little (but obviously an asshole):

"love this, little guy trying to act tough in front of his friends gets his ass kicked. Police are called, probably by his friends while TB is kicking his ass. Charges are dropped and TB comes out smelling like a rose compared to the "cough cough" victim. Owner of the bar backs up TB saying he was sitting at the end of the bar minding his own business and the "cough cough" victim starts harassing him. Glad my neighbors kid went down to FPD and demanded to give a statement (not that it was a game changer or anything). Hope that TBs punishment is, allowing him to assault the Kansas offense. Would suck if he gets any kind of suspension from this and I am hoping he is reinstated back to the team ASAP (like tomorrow)."

Listen, I'm just trying to be objective. It's hard for me to not see him getting suspended for this.

Rockbear99
06-13-2013, 08:21 PM
I wonder if the view is nice from a horse that high.

BadlandsBison

Haha yeah really. That's justice right?

1st&TennBison
You obviously have more details then me. But, are you saying this dude just came up to him and started jawing for no reason?

That is what the owner of the bar said to the investigators. TB was at the end of the bar minding his own business when the guy approached him and started bothering him.

Bison06
06-13-2013, 08:22 PM

How did Mr. Tough guy know who Travis was? It's my understanding he wasn't even from here. They had to have exchanged words or something.

Bison06
06-13-2013, 08:22 PM
I wonder if the view is nice from a horse that high.

FU buddy. Just trying to be objective.

MAKBison
06-13-2013, 08:23 PM
SHHHHIIITTTT, the bar is full of young cocks thumping their chests looking to prove their dominance. The thing is that these wanna be alpha's never understand ---the true top dog only fights when its a last resort...then watch out as one might get knocked the (Bleep) out!

I gotta think anyone with any type of profile has a target on their back. Thing is these star FB players need to realize the long term consequence of just being in the wrong place. Of course that is with the hind sight of been there done that :-)

I know what you're saying, but what Beck did could have been as small as saying hi to some girl or accidentally bumping him. Maybe the bartender skipped over what's his face and ser bved Beck first, who knows? Everyone knows that Likes-to-fight-guy needs very little provocation to throw down when being "disrespected".

KilldeerBison
06-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Listen, I'm just trying to be objective. It's hard for me to not see him getting suspended for this.

For DEFENDING himself? WOW

bisonaudit
06-13-2013, 08:24 PM
How did Mr. Tough guy know who Travis was? It's my understanding he wasn't even from here. They had to have exchanged words or something.

I thought he was a Fargo South basketball player or something?

EndZoneQB
06-13-2013, 08:24 PM

He's from South, so he grew up here. I saw him a week or two ago randomly out and about, so I know he's not cut off from Fargo. Plus, you ever think his friends that live here might have known who Beck was?

CAS4127
06-13-2013, 08:25 PM

Did you read what TennBison posted?! The wimp/asshat started harassing him. As for how he knew who he was, he could easily have asked someone or perhaps Travis was wearing his rings and this guy, who is way bigger, is jealous and only knows he is a NDSU player.

Trust me, this same scenario happened to me more than once, and still does to this day to an extent-->AND IT IS BULLSHIT AND NEEDS TO STOP!! Hopefully this sends a message to those who are inclined to "be froggy"!!!

1st&TennBison
06-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Only problem being, the other guy wasn't "little". He is 6'6'' 250ish...

I was aware of that, just using the word little to communicate his importance. I wish the video would go on u tube under the "bully gets his butt whipped" section.

HerdBot
Props to McFeely and Jay Thomas for giving this the coverage it deserves. Let's see if the Forum can do their part

TransAmBison
The more people question Beck's character, the better he looks.

CalBison97

I don't believe you are being objective. You want an adult suspended for defending himself, which created 'negative press.'

Bison06
06-13-2013, 08:27 PM
He's from South, so he grew up here. I saw him a week or two ago randomly out and about, so I know he's not cut off from Fargo. Plus, you ever think his friends that live here might have known who Beck was?

So tough guys friends say hey that's Travis Beck. Tough guy walks up to him and says 'let's have a go, I feel like I can take you'. Travis says "F off". Nothing happens until they are leaving for the night and the dude attacks Travis from behind and Travis defends himself?

perthbison
I think a 2-3 game suspension is still warranted. With the history recently, Coach Bohl needs to send a clear message. I'll be disappointed if he plays at K-State.If the resisting is also dropped, I say no suspension. I think the mother of the "victim" should send TB a thank you note for teaching her large boy a lesson that she wasn't able to accomplish.

NorthernBison

Mr. Tough Guy graduated from Fargo South. He's 6-6 and probably 250. I'm guessing he knew who Travis was. The fact that he now lives somewhere else is immaterial to your question. Who knows what set him off.

G_Funky
06-13-2013, 08:28 PM
This floors me...talking to people at work about this situation (I dont live in ND nor do 95% of these employees even know what NDSU is) and their reaction is "Who from the university called that favor in?..." Ignorance is running rapid and hypocrisy is at its all time high with this one...

Bison06
06-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Did you read what TennBison posted?! The wimp/asshat started harassing him. As for how he knew who he was, he could easily have asked someone or perhaps Travis was wearing his rings and this guy, who is way bigger, is jealous and only knows he is a NDSU player.

Trust me, this same scenario happened to me more than once, and still does to this day to an extent-->AND IT IS BULLSHIT AND NEEDS TO STOP!! Hopefully this sends a message to those who are inclined to "be froggy"!!!

Hey, if that's the way it went down, then I'm with Travis and retract my statement. I have been in many, many fights in my years and in hindsight there was always a moment that I could have walked away without throwing punches. If this was different then my experiences then fine.

It's happened to me before too, though I don't have the rings as a target on my hand.

MAKBison
06-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Mr. Tough Guy graduated from Fargo South. He's 6-6 and probably 250. I'm guessing he knew who Travis was. The fact that he now lives somewhere else is immaterial to your question. Who knows what set him off.

Did tough guy play ball---seems like the right size for SU. Perhaps this was a a grudge fight against anything SU for not looking his way. Anyone know if he played ball?

Bison06
06-13-2013, 08:31 PM
To be honest, I am just sick and tired of NDSU players looking like a bunch of hooligans, because I know better. Bohl runs a great program and I DO NOT want the program to get a rep for not punishing players when they are involved in shenanigans.

KSBisonFan
06-13-2013, 08:31 PM
I think we can all agree that Beck is a bada$$ and the next person who should instigate an altercation with him is thebigund......

bisonaudit
06-13-2013, 08:32 PM
This floors me...talking to people at work about this situation (I dont live in ND nor do 95% of these employees even know what NDSU is) and their reaction is "Who from the university called that favor in?..." Ignorance is running rapid and hypocrisy is at its all time high with this one...

There's always going to be a certain amount of that when it relates to NDSU or any institution situated similarly in their community. Doesn't make it right but that's reality.

1st&TennBison
06-13-2013, 08:32 PM

I know what you mean, first time I saw you in the tailgate lot last year with your three rings I wanted to kick you in the balls, but Izzy was handing out free beers and I wanted one, lol.

imabison
06-13-2013, 08:33 PM

Now is the time to back off and leave it to Coach Bohl and AD Gene Taylor to have a discussion about the player.

Another thing to consider and its only related to this in what happened, another person at another Fargo bar died from being struck in a fight and ended up on the
ground. I am not sure that situation has been settled or not.

With that in the back your minds
Did the police over react based on the statements?
Did Coach Bohl over react based on the information provided?

I think Bohl will now decide if punishment is needed based on the
new information and it may be handled internally.

Let the pounding begin...

MAKBison
06-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Now is the time to back off and leave it to Coach Bohl and AD Gene Taylor to have a discussion about the player.

Another thing to consider and its only related to this in what happened, another person at another Fargo bar died from being struck in a fight and ended up on the
ground. I am not sure that situation has been settled or not.

With that in the back your minds
Did the police over react based on the statements?
Did Coach Bohl over react based on the information provided?

I think Bohl will now decide if punishment is needed based on the
new information and it may be handled internally.

Let the pounding begin...

I think CB should always suspend until further notice and always turn it over to be handled under the university. This way, he cant give out the details FERPA and he cant be accused of not acting.

Bison06
06-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Unfortunately, things don't happen in a vacuum. If I'm Coach Bohl and Gene Taylor, this has to be viewed through the lens of an athletic department that admittedly didn't handle the last NDSU football player run-in the best way possible. I think for the sake of the program he has to be suspended for a few games. Bash me if you want, if I'm Coach Bohl that's exactly what I do.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
06-13-2013, 08:37 PM
SS.com's server must be on fire by now.

Bison 4 Life
06-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Unfortunately, things don't happen in a vacuum. If I'm Coach Bohl and Gene Taylor, this has to be viewed through the lens of an athletic department that admittedly didn't handle the last NDSU football player run-in the best way possible. I think for the sake of the program he has to be suspended for a few games. Bash me if you want, if I'm Coach Bohl that's exactly what I do.

Or, Beck got jumped, fought back and the FPD, Cass County and the local media let it brew up to a full shitstorm before he was cleared?

Not terribly fair to the young man.