PDA

View Full Version : Sept 22nd....Huskers vs Bison???

Pages : [1] 2

HuskerFan
02-19-2012, 12:21 AM
I heard Nebraska has finalized it's 2012 schedule, and I heard a few rumors that it might be NDSU. I really hope this is true, I've been waiting for this since NDSU went D-1. Have any of you Bison fans heard anything up there?

HandoEX
02-19-2012, 12:34 AM
I haven't heard anything about Nebraska even being a possibility. That would be epic though!

SDbison
02-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Huskers - Bison game would be so awesome. SDbison would be in heaven.

CAS4127
02-19-2012, 12:45 AM
This would be very interesting, and fun as hell. Two similar programs, just different levels. Tickets for us might be very scarce tho!!

HuskerFan
02-19-2012, 12:55 AM
This would be very interesting, and fun as hell. Two similar programs, just different levels. Tickets for us might be very scarce tho!!

There are usually other Husker fans outside the stadium selling tickets. I do remember quite a few SDSU fans that made it to the game when they played here.

HuskerFan
02-19-2012, 12:59 AM
If this is true, it will not be announced until sometime this coming week.

CAS4127
02-19-2012, 01:03 AM
There are usually other Husker fans outside the stadium selling tickets. I do remember quite a few SDSU fans that made it to the game when they played here.

We travel well-->ask Minnesota. If we could get 10k tickets I think they would sell and we would be there. I know I would.

SDbison
02-19-2012, 01:07 AM
Decent priced tickets in the endzone two-thirds of the way up for the Nebraska - Ohio State game cost me $120 each last year.

CaBisonFan
02-19-2012, 01:51 AM
I wonder who would be favored?

TransAmBison
02-19-2012, 02:02 AM
I wonder who would be favored?It would depend how much we spot them.

AjaxTheMighty
02-19-2012, 02:10 AM
I will go if this is true. It would be fun to see the sea of Red leaving the stadium with 4 minutes to go!

bri-dog
02-19-2012, 02:11 AM
I will go if this is true. It would be fun to see a pissed off sea of Red leaving the stadium with 4 minutes to go!

FIFY (10 characters)

AjaxTheMighty
02-19-2012, 02:18 AM
FIFY (10 characters)

I kind of thought that would be a given...

bri-dog
02-19-2012, 02:24 AM
LOL -- yeah I know. But I wouldn't want them to be just disappointed, I wanna beat them so badly that they're pissed off...

CalBison97
02-19-2012, 02:28 AM
Taking on Nebraska (and most likely losing) could cost us seeding and home playoff games. Not worth the risk. Though the GSU fans smacked like they beat Alabama, I bet they'd trade that performance in for a NC.

CalBison97
02-19-2012, 02:33 AM
I am in the 'schedule-a-near-sure-thing-at-home' camp. The MVC is difficult enough to attempt to make it through undefeated.

BadlandsBison
02-19-2012, 02:38 AM
I am in the 'schedule-a-near-sure-thing-at-home' camp. The MVC is difficult enough to attempt to make it through undefeated.

Normally I would agree, but this would be too awesome to pass up IMO

ndsubison1
02-19-2012, 02:38 AM
if we cant find a home game then why not?

EndZoneQB
02-19-2012, 02:43 AM
I will go if this is true. It would be fun to see the sea of Red leaving the stadium with 4 minutes to go!

Having been there for UT beating them, it wasn't that much fun lol they are sore losers!

CAS4127
02-19-2012, 02:46 AM
Hey SDSU showed up last year, right. Will we lose? Most likely, but playing them may make us better.

North Side
02-19-2012, 02:50 AM
I can't see Gene pulling the trigger on a game vs a top 25program like Nebraska. I think he is holding out for any FCS home game possible.

CaBisonFan
02-19-2012, 03:04 AM
Hey SDSU showed up last year, right. Will we lose? Most likely, but playing them may make us better.

I'd call it a 50-50.

CAS4127
02-19-2012, 03:13 AM
I'd call it a 50-50.

I don't agree , Gord, but they would know they were in a game-->that's for sure!!

We r now at a point where we can and should step up and play the big boys. We should have done it in the 80's and we we shouldnt pass up the opportunity now. Let's play and see where the chips fall.

reformedUNDfan
02-19-2012, 03:34 AM
so this would be bohl's tryout for the Nebraska head coaching job then? If ndsu wins, pelini is out, and bohl would likely be a leading candidate.

Nebraska is a team i think NDSU would have a reasonable chance against.

BisonNation11
02-19-2012, 04:33 AM
Our D is going to be just as good or better than this year, and our passing game should be even more improved granted we stay healthy. For recruiting potential and the fact that we would actually have a chance to compete with Neb if not win, I say go for it! Playing better teams makes you better, period. It would be a great opportunity and something I don't think we should pass up.

SDbison
02-19-2012, 04:55 AM
Husker nation has been following coach Bohl over the past several years as there have been many articles in the Lincoln paper. A couple when the Bison made the playoffs and then won the national championship. I think some fans didn't believe Bohl was any good but now must wonder if he was just a scapegoat for a program that was going in the wrong direction.

stevdock
02-19-2012, 04:59 AM
I've got to believe that if this happens that we struck out on getting a 6th home game. Should be an interesting one if it happens. Hopefully it doesn't cost us in the long run.

HerdBot
02-19-2012, 05:12 AM
Here's what sucks. That makes the Colorado State game a must win and we have a very good chance of starting the season 1-3, which means we would need to run the table to get to 8 wins.

Our team has a window of 2 years in which it can make a legitimate Championship run. Were stacked. We need to ensure we get there. Plus we all want 6 home games.

I would be in favor of it it... we schedule a 12th game against a D1 counter. Could care less if its a non scholarship team like Drake.

I think a game with Nebraska is just too tough to pass up. 1) we heavily recruit the area 2) media exposure 3) its a fun game 4) we will actually compete 5) big pay day. I know the Nebraska game for SDSU boosted their profile with recruits. Will do the same for us.

12th game needed!

CaBisonFan
02-19-2012, 05:19 AM
I don't agree , Gord, but they would know they were in a game-->that's for sure!!

We r now at a point where we can and should step up and play the big boys. We should have done it in the 80's and we we shouldnt pass up the opportunity now. Let's play and see where the chips fall.

Haha...got your attention. How are things in Hillsboro? Have they started building the stadium yet?

MNLonghorn10
02-19-2012, 06:30 AM
't-magic' an option qb, sucks.hes horrible. bohl would have a game plan drawn up like sdsu and texas did thatd make him see the bench. lincolns an easy drive from fargo. im in

BisonKent
02-19-2012, 08:56 AM
The only way a 12th game can happen this year is if NDSU would play Hawaii. Personally, I think this game would help in recruiting and still be drivable for many fans.

Twentysix
02-19-2012, 09:19 AM
The only way a 12th game can happen this year is if NDSU would play Hawaii. Personally, I think this game would help in recruiting and still be drivable for many fans.

correct 12 game seasons are

2013 2014 2019 2024 2025 2030 2031 2036 2041 2042 2047 2052 2053 2058 2059 2064... etc

SamsRams
02-19-2012, 09:51 AM
I heard Nebraska has finalized it's 2012 schedule, and I heard a few rumors that it might be NDSU. I really hope this is true, I've been waiting for this since NDSU went D-1. Have any of you Bison fans heard anything up there?

Thanks lakes!!!!!

sambini
02-19-2012, 02:10 PM
I heard Nebraska will play Idaho State on september 22.

HandoEX
02-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Yeah, Lakes made a fake account in May 2004 (Husker Fan's join date) just in case.

4mcruenomore
02-19-2012, 02:30 PM
yeah, lakes made a fake account in may 2004 (husker fan's join date) just in case.

i am lakes, wtf are you talking about.......pump it up in lincoln beaches

SDbison
02-19-2012, 02:42 PM
A game against Nebraska is a real possibility and Husker fans know of NDSU's football program and its successes under coach Bohl. Believe it or not there is some respect there (unlike dumbass Gopher fans under the age 60 who have no clue about winning tradition). Even the Husker fans who might think Bison play in DII must wonder how it is that Bohl did so well after being booted out of their program (can you say scapegoat)?

4mcruenomore
02-19-2012, 02:48 PM
How about back on topic? Or why have structure for this board.......Tony should eliminate all topic areas and just have one big fucking thread so many of you can post jokes, random thoughts and every possible legit subject there..........

BACK ON TOPIC

A game against Nebraska is a real possibility and Husker fans know of NDSU's football program and its successes under coach Bohl. Believe it or not there is some respect there (unlike dumbass Gopher fans under the age 60 who have no clue about winning tradition). Even the Husker fans who might think Bison play in DII must wonder how it is that Bohl did so well after being booted out of their program (can you say scapegoat)?

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO THOSE WHO WILL POST SINCERE REPLIES IN AGREEMENT OR DISAGREEMENT.

I don't think the average Nebraska fan would give 2 sh*ts about playing us and probably think we are DII. That's my opinion. I also think 1 FBS game a year is enough, I want to win another national championship. Stop being so angry!

SDbison
02-19-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't think the average Nebraska fan would give 2 sh*ts about playing us and probably think we are DII. That's my opinion. I also think 1 FBS game a year is enough, I want to win another national championship. Stop being so angry!
Fixed my post for you........
What happened to mcrue????????? Are you going to change your user name to 4mdeth now?

Oh, and how much time have you spent in Lincoln? I go there often to visit my 3 daughters and have gone to games and talked to their fans. I have seen front page articles in their sports section about the Bison and Bohl. I doubt their average fan doesn't know who NDSU is. Instead, they likely have a curiosity and possibly a concern about playing a football game against the Bison.

KSBisonFan
02-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Here's Nebraska's schedule as it stands now:

NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS
FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Date Game Time (Central)

Sept. 1 Southern Miss at Nebraska TBA

Sept. 8 Nebraska at UCLA
TBA

Sept. 15 Arkansas State at Nebraska TBA

Sept. 29 Wisconsin at Nebraska TBA

Oct. 6 Nebraska at Ohio State TBA
Oct. 20 Nebraska at Northwestern TBA
Oct. 27 Michigan at Nebraska TBA
Nov. 3 Nebraska at Michigan State TBA
Nov. 10 Penn State at Nebraska TBA
Nov. 17 Minnesota at Nebraska TBA
Nov. 24 Nebraska at Iowa TBA
Dec 2012 Big Ten Championship Game TBA

Dec 2012 / Jan 2013 Bowl Game Time TBA

At first glance, I thought they'd like to keep the 22nd as their bye as they get ready for a huge conference opener against Wisconsin. However, they also have an open date on Oct 13th they could use to rest after the Badgers and Buckeyes. The Oct 13th bye week probably makes more sense for them. NDSU on the 22nd makes sense when you see how brutal the start of their conference schedule is and how they'd look at us as an easy game.
With as tough as the MVFC is, I don't really like scheduling 2 BCS games in one season but how do you say NO to a game in Lincoln and the payday it would bring us? If it happens, I'm there! Go Bison!

KSBisonFan
02-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Hypothetical schedule if Nebraska is added:

Sat, Sep 01 Robert Morris Fargo, N.D. TBA

Sat, Sep 08 Colorado State at Fort Collins, Colo. TBA

Sat, Sep 22 Nebraska at Lincoln, NE TBA

Sat, Sep 29 Northern Iowa * at Cedar Falls, Iowa TBA

Sat, Oct 06 Youngstown State (Homecoming) * Fargo, N.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 13 Indiana State * Fargo, N.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 20 South Dakota * at Vermillion, S.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 27 Southern Illinois (Harvest Bowl) * Fargo, N.D. TBA

Sat, Nov 03 Missouri State * at Springfield, Mo. TBA

Sat, Nov 10 South Dakota State (Dakota Marker) * Fargo, N.D. TBA

Sat, Nov 17 Illinois State * at Normal, Ill. TBA

Seeing it in print really makes our schedule look tough......Road games at CSU, NU and UNI to start the season would be brutal!

SDbison
02-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Here's Nebraska's schedule as it stands now:

NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS
FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Date Game Time (Central)

Sept. 1 Southern Miss at Nebraska TBA

Sept. 8 Nebraska at UCLA
TBA

Sept. 15 Arkansas State at Nebraska TBA

Sept. 29 Wisconsin at Nebraska TBA

Oct. 6 Nebraska at Ohio State TBA
Oct. 20 Nebraska at Northwestern TBA
Oct. 27 Michigan at Nebraska TBA
Nov. 3 Nebraska at Michigan State TBA
Nov. 10 Penn State at Nebraska TBA
Nov. 17 Minnesota at Nebraska TBA
Nov. 24 Nebraska at Iowa TBA
Dec 2012 Big Ten Championship Game TBA

Dec 2012 / Jan 2013 Bowl Game Time TBA

At first glance, I thought they'd like to keep the 22nd as their bye as they get ready for a huge conference opener against Wisconsin. However, they also have an open date on Oct 13th they could use to rest after the Badgers and Buckeyes. The Oct 13th bye week probably makes more sense for them. NDSU on the 22nd makes sense when you see how brutal the start of their conference schedule is and how they'd look at us as an easy game.
With as tough as the MVFC is, I don't really like scheduling 2 BCS games in one season but how do you say NO to a game in Lincoln and the payday it would bring us? If it happens, I'm there! Go Bison!
Good points.......except Huskers would not look at NDSU as an "easy" game, but rather as a "likely win" game. They have played SDSU and barely won and know NDSU is a better program than SDSU. Also, it is a game against former coach Bohl and NDSU's record against FBS teams is not a secret in the college football world.

SDbison
02-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Hypothetical schedule if Nebraska is added:

Sat, Sep 01 Robert Morris Fargo, N.D. TBA

Sat, Sep 08 Colorado State at Fort Collins, Colo. TBA

Sat, Sep 22 Nebraska at Lincoln, NE TBA

Sat, Sep 29 Northern Iowa * at Cedar Falls, Iowa TBA

Sat, Oct 06 Youngstown State (Homecoming) * Fargo, N.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 13 Indiana State * Fargo, N.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 20 South Dakota * at Vermillion, S.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 27 Southern Illinois (Harvest Bowl) * Fargo, N.D. TBA

Sat, Nov 03 Missouri State * at Springfield, Mo. TBA

Sat, Nov 10 South Dakota State (Dakota Marker) * Fargo, N.D. TBA

Sat, Nov 17 Illinois State * at Normal, Ill. TBA

Seeing it in print really makes our schedule look tough......Road games at CSU, NU and UNI to start the season would be brutal!
Looks like an awesome schedule to me........to be the best you have to play the best.

LikeMothers
02-19-2012, 03:30 PM

NDSU gets more coverage in the Lincoln paper than they do here in the Star-Trib. I'm always getting clippings from my grandpa in the mail. This game would be awesome for me personally because my mom's side of the family has bled red, well, forever.

My great grandfather took tickets for the Husker games after retiring off the farm. He would chase down gate-jumping college students and tackle them...in his 60s and 70s. There are a lot of stories like that in the family and it would be fun to add some about the "loss to NDSU".

KSBisonFan
02-19-2012, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=SDbison;606129]Good points.......except Huskers would not look at NDSU as an "easy" game, but rather as a "likely win" game. They have played SDSU and barely won and know NDSU is a better program than SDSU. Also, it is a game against former coach Bohl and NDSU's record against FBS teams is not a secret in the college football world.[/QUOTE

Agreed....We won't be taken lightly except by casual fans who don't know who we are, the national sports media (ESPN) and Gophers fans. I should have used "likely win" instead of "easy" game.

4mcruenomore
02-19-2012, 03:36 PM
I am not trying to take anything away from us, but I still don't think a typical Nebraska fan would have "concern" for playing us. I too know of Pitt. St winning the DII champ. last year and UMD winning the year before. Would I have "concern" playing them? No, I'd be pissed we scheduled down. I know we would play Nebraska tough, and have a shot of winning. Doesn't mean some drunk Husker fans would respect us and personally I don't care, I want to win another national championship. Get my point?

onbison09
02-19-2012, 03:50 PM
I am not trying to take anything away from us, but I still don't think a typical Nebraska fan would have "concern" for playing us. I too know of Pitt. St winning the DII champ. last year and UMD winning the year before. Would I have "concern" playing them? No, I'd be pissed we scheduled down. I know we would play Nebraska tough, and have a shot of winning. Doesn't mean some drunk Husker fans would respect us and personally I don't care, I want to win another national championship. Get my point?

Does anyone else think having 2 FBS games in a row and then UNI would not help our cause there? :hide:

SDbison
02-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Does anyone else think having 2 FBS games in a row and then UNI would not help our cause there? :hide: Realistically I see the Bison going 2-1 in those games with a slight chance of being 3-0. What team are you talking about?

SDbison
02-19-2012, 04:12 PM
I am not trying to take anything away from us, but I still don't think a typical Nebraska fan would have "concern" for playing us. I too know of Pitt. St winning the DII champ. last year and UMD winning the year before. Would I have "concern" playing them? No, I'd be pissed we scheduled down. I know we would play Nebraska tough, and have a shot of winning. Doesn't mean some drunk Husker fans would respect us and personally I don't care, I want to win another national championship. Get my point? First of all you won't win anything because you are a fan not a player. And you don't have to be a drunk Husker fan to realize the Bison are legit and have some chance of beating Nebraska. But then you are basing your opinion completely on your thoughts and no other sources of information.

KSBisonFan
02-19-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm curious how the ticket situation would work out.....NU games are usually a tough ticket to get. Any Jackrabbit fans out there with some input on seat availability when they played NU?

4mcruenomore
02-19-2012, 04:23 PM
First of all you won't win anything because you are a fan not a player. And you don't have to be a drunk Husker fan to realize the Bison are legit and have some chance of beating Nebraska. But then you are basing your opinion completely on your thoughts and no other sources of information.

Dave, come on. Now we are going to have an arguement on the use of the word "we"?? Should I refer to "our" team just as the Bison from now on, not "us", or "we"? Really? How am I a DII lover because I wouldn't be concerned about "us" playing Duluth? Just because you visit Lincoln 10 times a year doesn't make you anymore knowledgable of what a true, crazy, Husker fan thinks of NDSU.

PaBizon
02-19-2012, 04:31 PM
As much as this would not be the right thing to do from a scheduling impact (3 road games in a row/2 against FBS) I say make this happen. Got a work connection with six tickets to Husker games and would be there for sure. Purley selfish I know but oh well.:biggrin:

SDbison
02-19-2012, 04:33 PM
As much as this would not be the right thing to do from a scheduling impact (3 road games in a row/2 against FBS) I say make this happen. Got a work connection with six tickets to Husker games and would be there for sure. Purley selfish I know but oh well.:biggrin: Hey we are fans, its OK!

SDbison
02-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Dave, come on. Now we are going to have an arguement on the use of the word "we"?? Should I refer to "our" team just as the Bison from now on, not "us", or "we"? Really? How am I a DII lover because I wouldn't be concerned about "us" playing Duluth? Just because you visit Lincoln 10 times a year doesn't make you anymore knowledgable of what a true, crazy, Husker fan thinks of NDSU.
Yes it does.....I read their newspaper regularly, watch their games and I am a Husker fan. Two of my daughters are big fans and one just graduated from Nebraska. I have had hundreds of conversations with their fans. Maybe we should have Burgundy (big Husker fan also) post on this topic and he can enlighten you.......a couple others here already have agreed with me. Yes, the rabid Nebraska fan will call NDSU a creampuff, but the average fan understands NDSU is not. At least most Nebraska fans know NDSU is a top FCS / IAA program.......not DII.

OrygunBison
02-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Nebraska sucks balls. Wost thing to happen to the Big 10. I say we go down there and beat their obnoxious asses.

SDbison
02-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Nebraska sucks balls. Wost thing to happen to the Big 10. I say we go down there and beat their obnoxious asses.
Disagree.......Oregon sucks balls. J/K

4mcruenomore
02-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Both of you can suck my balls

Fightin' Bison
02-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Looks like an awesome schedule to me........to be the best you have to play the best.

It was a much better looking schedule with Florida State or OU the week before the supposed Nebraska game, and a bye week before UNI. The bye week before conference play was important, and Nebraska recruiting would be helped more by beating OU, than by beating Nebraska. I know everyone says Gene is a scheduling genius, but the Nebraska scenario doesn't look as good as the options the Bison were looking at earlier.

SDbison
02-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Both of you can suck my balls Sorry, really disagree with that........and back on topic, can we agree to disagree on that?

SDbison
02-19-2012, 05:20 PM
It was a much better looking schedule with Florida State or OU the week before the supposed Nebraska game, and a bye week before UNI. They bye week before conference play was important, and Nebraska recruiting would be helped more by beating OU, than by beating Nebraska. I know everyone says Gene is a scheduling genius, but the Nebraska scenario doesn't look as good as the options the Bison were looking at earlier. Don't see your point. Nebraska is already being recruited and NDSU would gain even better athletes from the state with a close game or a victory. Several players on the NDSU roster would get to play in their home state at a venue they dreamed of playing in. The Bohl factor and the national championship team title bring even more drama. I think I would have to go on medication to prevent a jag bomb induced explosion before actually getting into the stadium for this game. Burgandy, this would be the biggest game ever, at least for fans that follow both teams!

bri-dog
02-19-2012, 05:25 PM
I didn't see this asked -- any source for this rumor?

4mcruenomore
02-19-2012, 05:28 PM
I didn't see this asked -- any source for this rumor?

I haven't seen it on lakes' facebook wall yet, someone has to have started the rumor.

SDbison
02-19-2012, 05:31 PM
I didn't see this asked -- any source for this rumor? I am not the person who started this thread, but the only things I can find are a few references at Husker messageboards. I saw mention before, but nothing to indicate real consideration of a game. None of the comments have any source or apparent credability. I am going to do some checking today with those I know who follow Husker football.

bri-dog
02-19-2012, 05:32 PM
I am not the person who started this thread, but the only things I can find are a few references at Husker messageboards. I saw mention before, but nothing to indicate real consideration of a game. None of the comments have any source or apparent credability. I am going to do some checking today with those I know who follow Husker football.

I saw that too -- the Bison were mentioned along with about a dozen other teams. Nothing more than a mention, though.

Gully
02-19-2012, 05:40 PM
As much as I would love to see this game happen, I doubt it will next year unless the only games we can find are FBS guarantee games. I would say we should be favored at CSU but it won't be easy. I'd say flip a coin AT UNI. Those three consecutive on the road would be awfully tough.

SDbison
02-19-2012, 05:50 PM
As much as I would love to see this game happen, I doubt it will next year unless the only games we can find are FBS guarantee games. I would say we should be favored at CSU but it won't be easy. I'd say flip a coin AT UNI. Those three consecutive on the road would be awfully tough. Welcome to big time college football. Every team in FCS will be giving their best game week in and week out to upset the previous year's national champion. Actually CSU may be one of the easier games next year as they are a crappy FBS team and will do the usual we are better than FCS oversight. I think UNI will be so pissed about last year they will take cheap shots, have several players ejected and be out of focus for most of the game. Poor UNI, how does that hind titty taste? Bison go 2-1 a the stretch with CSU, Nebraska and UNI........mark it down. The biggest question is if a game gets scheduled with Nebraska.

reformedUNDfan
02-19-2012, 06:32 PM
why is everyone ignoring ysu the week after UNI? they should be a much better team than UNI next year, whereas uni will be starting an almost entirely new lineup.

roadwarrior
02-19-2012, 06:37 PM
This thread is a good place to put this suggested reading:

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/

EndZoneQB
02-19-2012, 07:09 PM
The tailgating in Lincoln is awesome, book the game Gene! Let's get our boys another Big10 win! Plus, MN and I have a tailgate hookup with people from Oakes we met at the last game.

Tickets aren't hard to get at any venue, you just have to pay to play sometimes. We paid like ~$250/ticket for the much awaited UT rematch about 1/3 of the way up in the end zone. Not great seats, but certainly far from terrible. Since it's an FCS game, the demand will purely be from our fans for the most part. Just make sure you get a parking pass.

ndsubison1
02-19-2012, 07:54 PM
memorial stadium is an awesome atmosphere. on gameday everywhere you go you see red in lincoln. although we will likely lose i say lets do it. i dont think a loss would really hurt our playoff chances. the playoff committee gives the benefit of the doubt to teams playing fbs schools (so they say)

SDbison
02-19-2012, 08:08 PM
memorial stadium is an awesome atmosphere. on gameday everywhere you go you see red in lincoln. although we will likely lose i say lets do it. i dont think a loss would really hurt our playoff chances. the playoff committee gives the benefit of the doubt to teams playing fbs schools (so they say) Awesome game day environment........puts the other FBS games played so far to shame. Maybe not realistic to believe this game could happen his year, but if it is being offered it would be a terrible thing to turn down.

SamsRams
02-19-2012, 08:28 PM
It just blows my mind how some of you will believe anything u read. I brought this idea in the proper thread and didnt get one response. Some random whohas never provided anything useful to this forum, pulls a lakes announcing a rumor as fact and you clowns pile into the clown car like the game is tomorrow.
never gonna happen......get ready for crookston. Oh snap wait, this thread proves anytime u think of something dumb u need to start your own thread. Great precedent we are starting here!!!

ndsubison1
02-19-2012, 08:30 PM
nobody is talking like it's fact. just saying it would be an awesome game to have

BisonTeacher
02-19-2012, 08:33 PM
My guess is this is all rumor started by one individual. Having said that, I wonder if the basketball team thought about losing when Wisconsin was scheduled for the 2005 season. They went into Madison, faced a ranked team and knocked them off. Yes odds are against us, but we have nothing to lose by playing a game vs Nebraska. I'd be for it and would even try to make the trip.

SamsRams
02-19-2012, 09:44 PM
nobody is talking like it's fact. just saying it would be an awesome game to have

I feel ya, but are we then saying every game we think would be an awesome game deserves its own thread? I think we are rewarding morons for starting a thread for no reason. As i said this was already brought up in the schedule thread, so why was it not awesome then, but its awesome now.

MNLonghorn10
02-19-2012, 09:51 PM
I feel ya, but are we then saying every game we think would be an awesome game deserves its own thread? I think we are rewarding morons for starting a thread for no reason. As i said this was already brought up in the schedule thread, so why was it not awesome then, but its awesome now.
sure why not. its the offseason, its what we do.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?27093-2011-12-NDSU-Bison-Football-Season-Highlights

thats the gem of a thread on top of page 2 that this bumped down.

SamsRams
02-19-2012, 10:10 PM
sure why not. its the offseason, its what we do.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?27093-2011-12-NDSU-Bison-Football-Season-Highlights

thats the gem of a thread on top of page 2 that this bumped down.

Finally someone speaking my language......ok you win!! I look foward to more lakes style threads this offseason. I guess i am just sad i brought this idea up and was ignored.....im pretty sensative and just wanna be loved

MN_BISON
02-19-2012, 10:31 PM
OK, since nothing is confirmed how about this thought. CSU is open to rescheduling the game because they have a weak team and don't want to get spanked by an FCS team with a new coach in town and get things off on the wrong foot. Gene is able to fill in their date with (insert FCS team here) and line up CSU a few years down the road. Then schedule the Huskers on 9-22 and they pay NDSU a boat load of cash. Could it play out that way, doubtful, but that's how I'd like to see it happen.

SDbison
02-19-2012, 11:01 PM
OK, since I have never been known to implode on this site (this is supposed to be funny), it is amazing how many are getting bent out of shape for what is posted or not posted. I believe sometime in the next 5 or 6 years NDSU will play Nebraska in football so its not out of line to think it could happen this year. Sorry SamsRams, no disrespect, but I don't recall your post in the schedule thread about Nebraska game, but assume its there someplace. Guess this is what happens after the high of winning the national championship wears off and the long wait for more football sets in. Some here are so intent on getting a fix (like drugs) for another national championship that the schedule of teams played in a season has to be just right. On the other hand, the dreamers of more FBS conquests seem so intent on showing how good NDSU is in all of college football that any game should be scheduled. Great stuff.......Go Bison!

CHADSTAUS
02-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Not going to play Nebraska this year. Someday maybe. Not this year. We will have a sixth home game for sure. Probably a cupcake game of sorts but not another road game at a big time school. Take it to the bank.

SamsRams
02-20-2012, 01:50 AM
OK, since I have never been known to implode on this site (this is supposed to be funny), it is amazing how many are getting bent out of shape for what is posted or not posted. I believe sometime in the next 5 or 6 years NDSU will play Nebraska in football so its not out of line to think it could happen this year. Sorry SamsRams, no disrespect, but I don't recall your post in the schedule thread about Nebraska game, but assume its there someplace. Guess this is what happens after the high of winning the national championship wears off and the long wait for more football sets in. Some here are so intent on getting a fix (like drugs) for another national championship that the schedule of teams played in a season has to be just right. On the other hand, the dreamers of more FBS conquests seem so intent on showing how good NDSU is in all of college football that any game should be scheduled. Great stuff.......Go Bison!

I get it,, its a fun topic, it just will not happen this year. Forget the fact that everything gene has ever said about scheduling says a game like this wont be scheduled. but it makes zero sense for nebraska! why pay ndsu a large purse when they could get idaho state for less and its an AUTOMATIC WIN?

People need to get realistic and see that a game against DII has more of a chance then a 2nd fbs. I am not saying its wut i want, i am saying it makes more sense according to all the facts

CAS4127
02-20-2012, 01:58 AM
We will not play a DII team-->no way!!

HuskerFan
02-20-2012, 02:18 AM
Thanks lakes!!!!!

Lakes??? Who the hell is that? I always see that name mentioned in this forum.

HuskerFan
02-20-2012, 02:20 AM
Yeah, Lakes made a fake account in May 2004 (Husker Fan's join date) just in case.

Again, I'm not Lakes. I don't even know who this guy is.

HuskerFan
02-20-2012, 02:41 AM
I heard Nebraska will play Idaho State on september 22.

I really hope not. I understand it's hard to find teams that are willing to come to Lincoln, but Idaho State. If Jeff Jamrog is going to schedule an FCS team, at least make it one of the TOP FCS teams.

CAS4127
02-20-2012, 02:52 AM
May I ask y u joined here in 04 and r now posting again? And give a legit answer please!

4mcruenomore
02-20-2012, 03:01 AM
May I ask y u joined here in 04 and r now posting again? And give a legit answer please!

this. I call b.s. and it's lakes

HandoEX
02-20-2012, 03:06 AM
Jesus, paranoid much?

HuskerFan
02-20-2012, 03:12 AM

I was born in Fargo, like to follow the Bison, found this site in 04, enjoyed reading the forum, and decided to become a member. I like coming to this site to read the topics posted, I normally don't post much on here, but when there is a topic that strikes my interest, then I like to post. As for my topic "Huskers vs Bison", it was just stuff I've been seeing on messageboards, and also a few people I've been talking too. If the rumor is true....awesome, if not....oh well. But I am one Husker fan that would really like to see this game happen. Like many Husker fans, we're waiting to find out who our opponent will be Sept 22nd.

HuskerFan
02-20-2012, 03:15 AM
this. I call b.s. and it's lakes

Seriously....who is Lakes???

HuskerFan
02-20-2012, 03:20 AM
Ok, I've been called this "Lakes" guy now a few times in this thread. Can any of you Bison fans explain to me who this person is.

CaBisonFan
02-20-2012, 03:22 AM

Lakes is a guy who has been kicked off our board. He seems to appear with alias names from time to time. He goes to opponents' boards just to get people worked up. He has attracted trolls from other schools to our board because he is beyond obnoxious. Some of us have a certain type of paranoia about responding to posts that could be him. You may have written a couple of things that came off as being him. It's not your fault...and it's nothing to worry about. If you're a legitimate visitor from huskerland...welcome. But please answer this...if you're from Fargo, why aren't you a fan of both NDSU & UN? Or 'are' you? See...that's part of the mystery of lakes. We're never sure.

HuskerFan
02-20-2012, 03:28 AM
Lakes is a guy who has been kicked off our board. He seems to appear with alias names from time to time. He goes to opponents' boards just to get people worked up. He has attracted trolls from other schools to our board because he is beyond obnoxious. Some of us have a certain type of paranoia about responding to posts that could be him. You may have written a couple of things that came off as being him. It's not your fault...and it's nothing to worry about. If you're a legitimate visitor from huskerland...welcome. But please answer this...if you're from Fargo, why aren't you a fan of both NDSU & UN? Or 'are' you? See...that's part of the mystery of lakes. We're never sure.

I am from Fargo, but have lived in Lincoln most of my life, and yes.....I'm a HUGE Husker fan, and go to all the home games. Someday, I hope to make it back to Fargo for a Bison game.

CAS4127
02-20-2012, 03:29 AM
I was born in Fargo, like to follow the Bison, found this site in 04, enjoyed reading the forum, and decided to become a member. I like coming to this site to read the topics posted, I normally don't post much on here, but when there is a topic that strikes my interest, then I like to post. As for my topic "Huskers vs Bison", it was just stuff I've been seeing on messageboards, and also a few people I've been talking too. If the rumor is true....awesome, if not....oh well. But I am one Husker fan that would really like to see this game happen. Like many Husker fans, we're waiting to find out who our opponent will be Sept 22nd.

Give us a link to the other message boards bringing this up-->haven't seen those!!

HuskerFan
02-20-2012, 03:34 AM
Give us a link to the other message boards bringing this up-->haven't seen those!!

There was mention here. http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?30021-Who-Rounds-Out-the-2012-Schedule

It's all speculation and rumor, none of us down here will know until it's annouced.

CaBisonFan
02-20-2012, 03:41 AM
I am from Fargo, but have lived in Lincoln most of my life, and yes.....I'm a HUGE Husker fan, and go to all the home games. Someday, I hope to make it back to Fargo for a Bison game.

Who are your feature running backs for next year? I can't think of the guy's name...the outstanding back that you had this past year. Was he a senior?

How about receivers? Seems that your defense has returned over the past 2-3 years...but the offense has a ways to go yet. I'm not criticizing...but I taught in Brookings, SD for several years...and it was pretty tough 'not' to catch a little bit of the 'big red' fever. Just being analytic...ok?

How do you guys like the Big Ten? I'm not a fan of that conference. It's strange not seeing the Huskers in the Big 12.

I never understood why Callahan threw the baby out with the bath water there...in so many ways. Do Husker fans still wish that the option game was used?

HuskerFan
02-20-2012, 04:05 AM
Who are your feature running backs for next year? I can't think of the guy's name...the outstanding back that you had this past year. Was he a senior?

How about receivers? Seems that your defense has returned over the past 2-3 years...but the offense has a ways to go yet. I'm not criticizing...but I taught in Brookings, SD for several years...and it was pretty tough 'not' to catch a little bit of the 'big red' fever. Just being analytic...ok?

How do you guys like the Big Ten? I'm not a fan of that conference. It's strange not seeing the Huskers in the Big 12.

I never understood why Callahan threw the baby out with the bath water there...in so many ways. Do Husker fans still wish that the option game was used?

Rex Burkhead is our starting back, he will be a senior this year, then the 3 freshmen from last year....Abdullah, Green, and Heard. There's been talk Heard might move to CB.

As for the receivers....Jamal Turner and Kenny Bell will probably be our 2 best receivers, and we have that new recruit coming in....Jordan Westercamp (spelling). The Defense didn't play very well last year, hopefully better in 2012. There are a lot of fans that want to see the offense improve, sometimes it's boring to watch.

At first I wasn't to excited about seeing Nebraska go to the Big Ten, but I'm ok with it now. It is what it is. I do miss seeing them play some of the schools from the Big 12.

There is some option in the offense. I've always like the option, but we have some fans that hate it. We just need to get a QB to run our offense. I just don't think Taylor Martinez is a very good QB....yes he fast, but is an average thrower.

CaBisonFan
02-20-2012, 04:10 AM
Rex Burkhead is our starting back, he will be a senior this year, then the 3 freshmen from last year....Abdullah, Green, and Heard. There's been talk Heard might move to CB.

As for the receivers....Jamal Turner and Kenny Bell will probably be our 2 best receivers, and we have that new recruit coming in....Jordan Westercamp (spelling). The Defense didn't play very well last year, hopefully better in 2012. There are a lot of fans that want to see the offense improve, sometimes it's boring to watch.

At first I wasn't to excited about seeing Nebraska go to the Big Ten, but I'm ok with it now. It is what it is. I do miss seeing them play some of the schools from the Big 12.

There is some option in the offense. I've always like the option, but we have some fans that hate it. We just need to get a QB to run our offense. I just don't think Taylor Martinez is a very good QB....yes he fast, but is an average thrower.

Ever since Miami pumped the Huskers in the NC game the option has been blamed...heck...that's the reason they made it to the NC game. Who was the QB that carried them to that game? Can't remember his name.

Guess I might have seen a couple of games where the defense played well. I agree that Nebraska needs to have a great QB to get things back to where they were. Maybe Martinez is the guy, with more experience. The passing game simply must get stronger in order to win the Big 10. Balance...as with the Bison...is necessary.

HuskerFan
02-20-2012, 04:15 AM
[QUOTE=CaBisonFan;606261]Ever since Miami pumped the Huskers in the NC game the option has been blamed...heck...that's the reason they made it to the NC game. Who was the QB that carried them to that game? Can't remember his name.

Eric Crouch....won the Heisman that year too

JustinTyem
02-20-2012, 04:16 AM
Ever since Miami pumped the Huskers in the NC game the option has been blamed...heck...that's the reason they made it to the NC game. Who was the QB that carried them to that game? Can't remember his name.

Guess I might have seen a couple of games where the defense played well. I agree that Nebraska needs to have a great QB to get things back to where they were. Maybe Martinez is the guy, with more experience. The passing game simply must get stronger in order to win the Big 10. Balance...as with the Bison...is necessary.I thought it was tommie,but I better look back to the past!!!!

HuskerFan
02-20-2012, 04:23 AM
I thought it was tommie,but I better look back to the past!!!!

It was the 2001 season and 2002 Rose Bowl. Nebraska had no business playing in that game, and as a Husker fan, I'm not ashamed to say that.

CaBisonFan
02-20-2012, 04:27 AM
It was the 2001 season and 2002 Rose Bowl. Nebraska had no business playing in that game, and as a Husker fan, I'm not ashamed to say that.

No problem with that...and Miami's team was an NFL roster...generally considered to be one of the most talented teams that we've ever seen at the college level.

But then you had the 90s championship teams that really brought it. No shame in being a Husker fan...that's for damned sure.

Twentysix
02-20-2012, 04:52 AM

We have several members who suffer from delusional paranioa(Regarding every new or seldom used account being lakes).

Ignore them they are self appointed asshats.

SDbison
02-20-2012, 05:46 AM
There was mention here. http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?30021-Who-Rounds-Out-the-2012-Schedule

It's all speculation and rumor, none of us down here will know until it's annouced.
Here is another Husker messageboard thread where a game against NDSU is brought up. One Nebraska poster mentions it a couple times and then 4mcrue tries to stir up some discussion:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/57821-the-922-scheduled-tba-game/

4mcruenomore
02-20-2012, 01:14 PM
We have several members who suffer from delusional paranioa(Regarding every new or seldom used account being lakes).

Not very nice.

TransAmBison
02-20-2012, 01:19 PM
How about Notorious? He is the self-appointed poster of the year? CAS? He is the self appointed president of TOHBTC. Should they be listened to? If so I should probably take them off ignore. Please advise.

4mcruenomore
02-20-2012, 01:22 PM
How about Notorious? He is the self-appointed poster of the year? CAS? He is the self appointed president of TOHBTC. Should they be listened to? If so I should probably take them off ignore. Please advise.

SD is going to rip you a new one for not keeping it on topic, good one. I would consider myself self-appointed "teh awesomeness of bisonville", certainly not asshat. Douche bag if anything, but not asshat, that is abc123

NorthernBison
02-20-2012, 01:28 PM

That seems a bit redundant, eh?

SDbison
02-20-2012, 01:32 PM
SD is going to rip you a new one for not keeping it on topic, good one. I would consider myself self-appointed "teh awesomeness of bisonville", certainly not asshat. Douche bag if anything, but not asshat, that is abc123
Back on topic thread drift asshats.............feel better now?

TransAmBison
02-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Back on topic thread drift asshats.............feel better now?
Feel better if I say I'd love a game against Nebraska but not this year? I'm still hoping for a home FCS game and I think the Nebraska game is just wishful thinking. As our one FBS game a year I am all for Nebraska...but I only want one FBS a year.

Herd Mentality
02-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Feel better if I say I'd love a game against Nebraska but not this year? I'm still hoping for a home FCS game and I think the Nebraska game is just wishful thinking. As our one FBS game a year I am all for Nebraska...but I only want one FBS a year.

Holy SH#T. TAB, voice of reason...who knew?

mnriverbison
02-20-2012, 02:25 PM
This is the perfect time to catch Nebraska. Let's be honest, they are a middle of the road big ten team right now but they still in many minds around the country are a "helmet" school. 5-3 in a weak Big Ten last year, the fans don't like the coach, etc. So to summarize, we beat a team headed for a mediocre bowl and get headlines like as if we beat a perennial contender. There probably won't ever be another chance for NDSU to score a game where the risk/reward is so in our favor for a game. Make it happen!

THEsocalledfan
02-20-2012, 03:39 PM
This is the perfect time to catch Nebraska. Let's be honest, they are a middle of the road big ten team right now but they still in many minds around the country are a "helmet" school. 5-3 in a weak Big Ten last year, the fans don't like the coach, etc. So to summarize, we beat a team headed for a mediocre bowl and get headlines like as if we beat a perennial contender. There probably won't ever be another chance for NDSU to score a game where the risk/reward is so in our favor for a game. Make it happen!

No doubt exposure would be huge in our recruiting region which is the only reason I think NDSU should consider this. I just worry about getting to 7 wins with Nebraska on the schedule.....I think the only way I support this is if the choices are Nebraska or a non-scholy FCS school in Fargo. If they can get any kind of team in with scholies, then I think they should stay home and healthy.

SDbison
02-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Feel better if I say I'd love a game against Nebraska but not this year? I'm still hoping for a home FCS game and I think the Nebraska game is just wishful thinking. As our one FBS game a year I am all for Nebraska...but I only want one FBS a year. Just to be sure you know, I was having fun with the previous post when I threw out the back on topic and asshat comment.

1. I still don't get where NDSU can't occasionally have 2 FBS games per season. 1 FBS game is ideal, 0 is not good, and 2 should be OK when the Bison are a very good team and deep with talent.

2. Deep with talent means able to rotate in defensively and offensively to come close to matching how a higher scholie FBS team can play. I don't buy into this theory (and that is all it is) that playing FBS teams produces more injuries. I have seen the Bison have 3 players significantly hurt against a so so FCS Central Connecticut team several years ago and then virtually none against Minnesota this past year.

TransAmBison
02-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Just to be sure you know, I was having fun with the previous post when I threw out the back on topic and asshat comment.

1. I still don't get where NDSU can't occasionally have 2 FBS games per season. 1 FBS game is ideal, 0 is not good, and 2 should be OK when the Bison are a very good team and deep with talent.

2. Deep with talent means able to rotate in defensively and offensively to come close to matching how a higher scholie FBS team can play. I don't buy into this theory (and that is all it is) that playing FBS teams produces more injuries. I have seen the Bison have 3 players significantly hurt against a so so FCS Central Connecticut team several years ago and then virtually none against Minnesota this past year.
No problem, SD...we're good. We just have different philosophies on where the program should be. You want to see NDSU go FBS some day, I hope they stay FCS. Not saying you are wrong, it just isn't where I want the program to go...not unless we could find some way to fund us at a level we could compete for National Championships in FBS...I just can't see how that could ever happen. As for the 1 FBS game a year I don't care who they schedule...it is fun but that win can not be counted on. With prices going up etc, I expect 6 home games and against FCS counters. I think Gene Taylor make it happen. I want our regular season record as good as possible to get us in the playoffs and hopefully home playoffs as that helps influence the outcome.

As for the Bison being very good and deep...I also expect this from here on out.

I do agree on the injury opinion.

CaBisonFan
02-20-2012, 05:31 PM
If we're having trouble finding FCS teams to visit...and if we're forced to play 2 fbs teams a year...read the leaves.

I'm still in favor of playing teams like Moorhead, Concordia, Mayville, UND, Valley City, and Dakota State. Doesn't matter which one. They're all the same to me.

heffray
02-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Just to be sure you know, I was having fun with the previous post when I threw out the back on topic and asshat comment.

Best-Point-in-Thread-So-Far Award Winner. Acceptance speech, please?

MNLonghorn10
02-20-2012, 08:01 PM
msu-moorhead won't waste their time with ndsu. already kicked their asses in basketball.

SamsRams
02-20-2012, 11:14 PM
We will not play a DII team-->no way!!

I sure hope not also and you are more in touch with Bison football to know then I am. but is this something Gene or the department has come out and said? We have heard they want a 6th home game and we have heard they dont wanna schedule 2 FBS games, but I dont remember them saying anything about not scheduling a DII team.

I guess my point is the more you look at the few available teams left with open dates that match NDSU and the more you look at some other big name schools who were in the same situation and the only way they could get a home game would be to schedule down, it makes me think that a NSIC team is not out of the question.

Again I am in no way saying this is what I want, but I will not be surprised or upset if it works out that way.

SDbison
02-20-2012, 11:26 PM
I sure hope not also and you are more in touch with Bison football to know then I am. but is this something Gene or the department has come out and said? We have heard they want a 6th home game and we have heard they dont wanna schedule 2 FBS games, but I dont remember them saying anything about not scheduling a DII team.

I guess my point is the more you look at the few available teams left with open dates that match NDSU and the more you look at some other big name schools who were in the same situation and the only way they could get a home game would be to schedule down, it makes me think that a NSIC team is not out of the question.

Again I am in no way saying this is what I want, but I will not be surprised or upset if it works out that way. Just because Gene and the coaching staff say they would prefer to not have 2 FBS games doesn't mean that won't be forced into doing so.
A DII game doesn't count period and most often will not provide for any growth in experience due to subpar challenge.
Having to travel a long distance to anther timezone for a so called easier FCS game could be a problem due to travel fatique, possible lack of motivation and spoiler role for the other team.
Lots of positives for playing Nebraska........DI counter game with short distance to travel, won't hurt ranking, helps recruiting in Nebraska, and the Bison would definitely be fired up for the game.

SamsRams
02-20-2012, 11:28 PM
Yes sd i get the positives for ndsu, however i see no benefit for nebraska and that is the point

And good luck telling a gsu fan that losing to an fbs program doesnt hurt ranking

CaBisonFan
02-20-2012, 11:35 PM
If we had beaten up on a weak FCS program last year, instead of beating Minnesota...would we have gotten the 2nd seed in the playoffs?

SDbison
02-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Yes sd i get the positives for ndsu, however i see no benefit for nebraska and that is the point

And good luck telling a gsu fan that losing to an fbs program doesnt hurt ranking GSU fans are pussies looking for excuses. As for Nebraska I think they would like to see a game versus NDSU happen versus one against some low level FBS team.

SamsRams
02-20-2012, 11:40 PM
I couldnt diagree more. Maybe the fans want it, but doesnt benefit the program at all. A win vs idaho st counts the same as win vs ndsu. Plus why risk losing to your former dc? it makes no sense for them

BisoninNWMN
02-20-2012, 11:41 PM
GSU fans are pussies looking for excuses. As for Nebraska I think they would like to see a game versus NDSU happen versus one against some low level FBS team.

I think GT will come up with a FCS game but the Huskers would be an awesome game. We would give them a run for their money!!

GO BISON

99Bison
02-20-2012, 11:44 PM
If we had beaten up on a weak FCS program last year, instead of beating Minnesota...would we have gotten the 2nd seed in the playoffs?

Well, that's not an fair comparison since we are already playing Colorado St. that evens out MN game. The comparison would be is losing to an FBS program better then beating an weak FCS program... which is always the debate.

CaBisonFan
02-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Well, that's not an fair comparison since we are already playing Colorado St. that evens out MN game. The comparison would be is losing to an FBS program better then beating an weak FCS program... which is always the debate.

Not sure I understand...but my question was a serious one, strictly about last year. Did the MN game help our playoff position last year? What's your opinion?

SamsRams
02-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Not sure I understand...but my question was a serious one, strictly about last year. Did the MN game help our playoff position last year? What's your opinion?

Sure it did, that isnt even a debate. The question he is raising is would it have helped NDSU to lose to Nebraska last year vs beating layfayette

HerdBot
02-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Sure it did, that isnt even a debate. The question he is raising is would it have helped NDSU to lose to Nebraska last year vs beating layfayette

Close loss it would have made no difference. Look no further to Northern Iowa losing to Iowa State but keeping a #2 ranking

reformedUNDfan
02-21-2012, 01:19 AM

And good luck telling a gsu fan that losing to an fbs program doesnt hurt ranking

you mean that team that got a three seed despite only 8 d1 wins? they got hosed by playing a d2 team, not alabama.

devin45k
02-21-2012, 01:20 AM

We won the national championship, so it actually had no affect whatsoever.

SamsRams
02-21-2012, 01:27 AM
We won the national championship, so it actually had no affect whatsoever.
thanks for reminder

CaBisonFan
02-21-2012, 02:22 AM

OK...duh...sorry about that 99. I just didn't get it. Thanks for the explanation Rams.

CHADSTAUS
02-21-2012, 02:27 AM
We are not going to play Nebraska this year. Let me repeat, WE ARE NOT GOING TO PLAY NEBRASKA THIS YEAR.

CaBisonFan
02-21-2012, 02:28 AM
We are not going to play Nebraska this year. Let me repeat, WE ARE NOT GOING TO PLAY NEBRASKA THIS YEAR.

What was that?

EndZoneQB
02-21-2012, 02:51 AM

I just spoke to my source with a relationship close to the situation in Lincoln, and Osbourne is currently negotiating the deal.

CHADSTAUS
02-21-2012, 02:51 AM
I have this little black ball that I shake, and when I ask it if we are going to play Nebraska, it says "NO, WE ARE NOT GOING TO PLAY NEBRASKA". Its kind of cool. I think it has a WIFI connection to Taylors office and knows his every move. I have faith in my magic ball. No Nebraska this year.

JustinTyem
02-21-2012, 03:24 AM
I have this little black ball that I shake, and when I ask it if we are going to play Nebraska, it says "NO, WE ARE NOT GOING TO PLAY NEBRASKA". Its kind of cool. I think it has a WIFI connection to Taylors office and knows his every move. I have faith in my magic ball. No Nebraska this year.That Sucks,cause I too think we will be at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln,Neb. Sept.22,2012 @ 7pm.

HuskerFan
02-21-2012, 03:38 AM
I just spoke to my source with a relationship close to the situation in Lincoln, and Osbourne is currently negotiating the deal.

The deal has been finalized, but until someone in the Husker athletic department announces the opponent, it's all speculation for now. It will either be Osborne or Jeff Jamrog who makes the announcement sometime this week.

CaBisonFan
02-21-2012, 05:21 AM
The deal has been finalized, but until someone in the Husker athletic department announces the opponent, it's all speculation for now. It will either be Osborne or Jeff Jamrog who makes the announcement sometime this week.

I hope that the game will take place. If not...for sure another year. It's a 'natural' in the North Dakota State evolution into an fbs program.

It will happen someday...sooner than some of us suspect. We have a team with great potential right now. Time to test it. Screw the soft schedule.

CaBisonFan
02-21-2012, 05:58 AM
That Sucks,cause I too think we will be at Memorial Stadium in Lincoln,Neb. Sept.22,2012 @ 7pm.

Hope yir right Justin. How are you doing? Have you gotten through all of the DVDs that I brought?

IzzyFlexion
02-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Are the UNI fans panicking about their 2 Big Ten team games and thinking.......shit, then we have NDSU!! Haven't lurked over there but I doubt it.

What a thrill it would be for our athletes to have an opportunity to play in Lincoln. This would be a signature game for NDSU. This is how teams earn their identity as perennial powerhouses. They roar into a big stadium and instead of being overwhelmed and intimidated, they get after it (see Appy State-Michigan). Perennial FCS powerhouse needs to be the identity of NDSU football, not being a small fish in worthless FBS conference constantly struggling to meet budget.

I'm with SD..

Bring on the Competition!

herdmember
02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Are the UNI fans panicking about their 2 Big Ten team games and thinking.......shit, then we have NDSU!! Haven't lurked over there but I doubt it.

What a thrill it would be for our athletes to have an opportunity to play in Lincoln. This would be a signature game for NDSU. This is how teams earn their identity as perennial powerhouses. They roar into a big stadium and instead of being overwhelmed and intimidated, they get after it (see Appy State-Michigan). Perennial FCS powerhouse needs to be the identity of NDSU football, not being a small fish in worthless FBS conference constantly struggling to meet budget.

I'm with SD..

Bring on the Competition!

Most compelling argument I've seen yet. Let's not forget, Nebraska has been fantastic recruiting ground for us lately and is just getting started. EVERY football kid in Nebraska grows up wanting to play in Lincoln. If they don't get a scholarship from the Huskers, the 2nd best option would be to play there on another team. For this reason, it'd be nice to schedule this for 2015 or whenever our next year is without an FBS opponent to bolster recruiting. I'm fine with playing them in both years. It would be an ESPN level upset if we won. It would make sense if we lose. That being said....

Amen Izzy, Bring on the competition!!

4mcruenomore
02-21-2012, 01:04 PM
I don't believe any rumor until it's on lakes facebook page.

TransAmBison
02-21-2012, 01:18 PM
NDSU will be issuing a press release in two hours. Who will fall for this? SUCKERS!!!!! PUMP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

4mcruenomore
02-21-2012, 01:19 PM
NDSU will be issuing a press release in two hours. Who will fall for this? SUCKERS!!!!! PUMP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pump it up!! I just got the text!

mhyer63
02-21-2012, 01:49 PM
It would be nice to see NDSU play Nebraska, looking at their boards though only two posts even talking about NDSU as a game and since they both have pictures of the Bison in the profiles I would not give them much credit. I'm just a little worried about us having a Eastern Washington type season if this game happens, the season could quite possibly go anywhere from 1-3 to 3-1 ( or dare I say 4-0 ). I myself think 3-1 to start. Remember, most of the players talked about how it was a little overwhelmed when they got to the MSU game ( then they calmed down ), my guess is that Nebraska would be a lot more like mass hysteria at first with the key to winning among lots of other things being if coach can calm down the players and get them to focus quickly. My guess is that a game against Nebraska would be a NC game x 5 in intensity.

duluthbison
02-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Pump it up!! I just got the text!

Wait, what? I hope this isn't some joke that I didn't catch or something....

IzzyFlexion
02-21-2012, 02:04 PM
It would be nice to see NDSU play Nebraska, looking at their boards though only two posts even talking about NDSU as a game and since they both have pictures of the Bison in the profiles I would not give them much credit. I'm just a little worried about us having a Eastern Washington type season if this game happens, the season could quite possibly go anywhere from 1-3 to 3-1 ( or dare I say 4-0 ). I myself think 3-1 to start. Remember, most of the players talked about how it was a little overwhelmed when they got to the MSU game ( then they calmed down ), my guess is that Nebraska would be a lot more like mass hysteria at first with the key to winning among lots of other things being if coach can calm down the players and get them to focus quickly. My guess is that a game against Nebraska would be a NC game x 5 in intensity.

This goes back to my point.

We're on here (BV) day in and day out beaming with pride regarding the strength of the NDSU program, its tradition, and expectations for excellence and forever progressing foward.

I, for one, will always hang my hat on that philosophy rather than compare ourselves to another program's historical National Championship hangover/failure.

Bison Pride, Baby!

duluthbison
02-21-2012, 03:05 PM
So it's 10. Where is the announcement?

tcbison
02-21-2012, 03:09 PM
So it's 10. Where is the announcement?

I'm waiting until 10:18 because that is 2 hours from when TAB said there would be a press release.

TransAmBison
02-21-2012, 03:10 PM
You might have missed the fine print.*

*Okay...maybe not technically fine print**

**But it got the job done***
***TWSS

duluthbison
02-21-2012, 03:13 PM
You might have missed the fine print.*

*Okay...maybe not technically fine print**

**But it got the job done***
***TWSS

Yeah I thought I missed something.

aces1180
02-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Kolpack said in the comments of his blog that Gene HAS NOT talked to Nebraska...

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2012/02/21/its-a-long-long-long-long-range-goal/

roadwarrior
02-21-2012, 03:59 PM
#155 All these comments about nothing.

75NOVA
02-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys! I took the bait.....What a waste of a morning!

56BISON73
02-21-2012, 04:08 PM

Wasnt there a link to an article that said FSU and Nebraska had been calling? Where did I read that?

mhyer63
02-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Lets blame Lakes.

roadwarrior
02-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Wasnt there a link to an article that said FSU and Nebraska had been calling? Where did I read that?

No that was FSU and Oklahoma

56BISON73
02-21-2012, 04:13 PM
No that was FSU and Oklahoma

Thanks .....

TransAmBison
02-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Wasnt there a link to an article that said FSU and Nebraska had been calling? Where did I read that?FSU and Oklahoma I believe...no article on Nebraska...that came from a poster.

BisonAccountant44
02-21-2012, 04:28 PM

How is that possible? The game has been mentioned on at least 3 message board threads who each referenced the other threads as a source. If that isn't enough proof for you, than I don't think anything ever will be.

56BISON73
02-21-2012, 04:30 PM
FSU and Oklahoma I believe...no article on Nebraska...that came from a poster.

But that poster is credible right?:rofl:

TransAmBison
02-21-2012, 04:36 PM
But that poster is credible right?:rofl:I don't think the poster said it was likely...just wishful thinking...if memory serves.

56BISON73
02-21-2012, 04:38 PM
I don't think the poster said it was likely...just wishful thinking...if memory serves.

Hmmm I seem to remember a guarantee involved. Oh that could have been the media blog.

BisonTeacher
02-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks guys! I took the bait.....What a waste of a morning!

Isnt wasting mornings what bisonville is for? Like, isnt that in our mission statement somewhere?

TransAmBison
02-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Isnt wasting mornings what bisonville is for? Like, isnt that in our mission statement somewhere?
We have a mission statement? I quit.

BisonTeacher
02-21-2012, 05:05 PM
I fixed it.

TransAmBison
02-21-2012, 05:20 PM
I fixed it.I still quit.

BisonTeacher
02-21-2012, 05:20 PM
We have a mission statement? I quit.

Nobody gonna take the bait on this one????

duluthbison
02-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Sometimes I wonder why I still come around here! :hide:

TransAmBison
02-21-2012, 05:44 PM
sometimes i wonder why i still come around here! :hide:twss.......

CaBisonFan
02-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Sometimes I wonder why I still come around here! :hide:

...You do?...

SDbison
02-21-2012, 07:07 PM
So back on topic...........
Amazing how a good portion of Bisonville loves to make fun of this game possibility and is overjoyed to find out it won't happen. Really?
At the same time the Bunnies have already played Nebraska and should have beat them if not for a goal line stand and some stupid mistakes. SDSU will be playing Nebraska again in a year or two. Interesting how a program like SDSU with crappy facilities and usual mediocre W-L records managed to have a great recruiting class this past year. Could it be some recruits (borderline FBS quality) have lofty goals and want to play the best teams possible? There is no fear there.
Many Bison fans, most the media, the NDSU AD and now apparently the football coaches too are losing the "Bring on the Competion" mantra that we used to hear so much. Instead I hear we need to do this and that to essentially "soften the schedule" so that playoffs are likely. How is that working for Montana? The toughness to get to the final game just isn't there.

aces1180
02-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Amazing how a good portion of Bisonville loves to make fun of this game possibility and is overjoyed to find out it won't happen. Really?
At the same time the Bunnies have already played Nebraska and should have beat them if not for a goal line stand and some stupid mistakes. SDSU will be playing Nebraska again in a year or two. Interesting how a program like SDSU with crappy facilities and usual mediocre W-L records managed to have a great recruiting class this past year. Could it be some recruits (borderline FBS quality) have lofty goals and want to play the best teams possible? There is no fear there.
Many Bison fans, most the media, the NDSU AD and now apparently the football coaches too are losing the "Bring on the Competion" mantra that we used to hear so much. Instead I hear we need to do this and that to essentially "soften the schedule" so that playoffs are likely. How is that working for Montana? The toughness to get to the final game just isn't there.

I think the big difference between NDSU and Montana is the fact that they play in the Big Sky and NDSU plays in the MVFC. Playing a few lesser skilled FCS schools does hurt NDSU as much, as the toughness is earned during conference play. Getting some wins, while getting experience for back-ups is a nice opportunity.

I do want to see NDSU play Nebraska, however. Just not in a season when they already have a FBS opponent. 2015 would be a great time to schedule this game. That's just my opinion.

TransAmBison
02-21-2012, 07:18 PM
I know you are upset Nebraska is not happening, but you need to see the other side too. NDSU is trying to get a home game...home games are #1. (Given they are a D-I counter). We have a FBS team every year. You know they try to bring in good teams but they won't come. We tried to get GSU last year.

BisonAccountant44
02-21-2012, 07:20 PM
I want nothing more than to see a game with Nebraska game happen, and wouldn't mind playing 2 FBS games this year if there are discussions going on. My issue with the topic is that nobody has been able to show anything other than 2 random one liners on Husker boards mentioning us as a reason to believe that it's happening. Until I see something more concrete

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5b/US_177.svg/750px-US_177.svg.png

Till
02-21-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't see anything wrong with playing two FBS games a year if we can get some positive exposure and cash flow out of the deal. I just happen to be against this particular game on September 22nd because of this little wedding thing I need to be in. I know I'm being selfish, but I'd rather not test the fiancee's ability to murder the groomsmen and myself because we're worried about how the game is going.

SDbison
02-21-2012, 07:48 PM
I know you are upset Nebraska is not happening, but you need to see the other side too. NDSU is trying to get a home game...home games are #1. (Given they are a D-I counter). We have a FBS team every year. You know they try to bring in good teams but they won't come. We tried to get GSU last year.
So NDSU should become like Montana and play DII and total crap FCS teams at home so 6 and 7 home games in a season become a possibility?
Regardless of what the actual number is there are very few (much less than a dozen) FCS teams out there that are available on Sept 22 let alone willing to travel to Fargo. So what FCS school that is low or non scholarship (yep a FCS game counter, but worse challenge than most DII) is going to come to Fargo? Why not just have another Spring game.....call it Fall Scrimmage instead where Green plays Gold. Likely more of a challenge.
NDSU is good enough to play two FBS games in a season. I don't buy the too difficult shit and I doubt the players or coaches really feel that way either. Playing a crap team at home does nothing to show weaknesses or assess how good a team really has become. If NDSU has shut the door on Nebraska for whatever reason shame on them.

SDbison
02-21-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't see anything wrong with playing two FBS games a year if we can get some positive exposure and cash flow out of the deal. I just happen to be against this particular game on September 22nd because of this little wedding thing I need to be in. I know I'm being selfish, but I'd rather not test the fiancee's ability to murder the groomsmen and myself because we're worried about how the game is going. Weddings during football season........shameful!

TransAmBison
02-21-2012, 07:58 PM
So NDSU should become like Montana and play DII and total crap FCS teams at home so 6 and 7 home games in a season become a possibility?
Regardless of what the actual number is there are very few (much less than a dozen) FCS teams out there that are available on Sept 22 let alone willing to travel to Fargo. So what FCS school that is low or non scholarship (yep a FCS game counter, but worse challenge than most DII) is going to come to Fargo? Why not just have another Spring game.....call it Fall Scrimmage instead where Green plays Gold. Likely more of a challenge.
NDSU is good enough to play two FBS games in a season. I don't buy the too difficult shit and I doubt the players or coaches really feel that way either. Playing a crap team at home does nothing to show weaknesses or assess how good a team really has become. If NDSU has shut the door on Nebraska for whatever reason shame on them.
Stepping stone to home playoff games. I support any decision to get us more home playoff games.

TransAmBison
02-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Weddings during football season........shameful!We are in agreement there!

CaBisonFan
02-21-2012, 08:01 PM

Our ability/inability to schedule good FCS teams at home says something.

It says that we 'belong' in games with better teams...whether it be on the road or at home.

During our cycles of dominance...the Bison have taken on strong teams...or is it the other way around?

CalBison97
02-21-2012, 08:01 PM

Who cares how it is working for Montana. How did the "soften the schedule" philosophy work out for US this year? You want to talk about destroying a season, how about the possibility of starting 0-3 when you schedule 2 FBS teams and the biggest MVC rival all on the road? I'm not so sure we'd go 3-0 if they were all in the dome. I'll take a schedule that helps bring us home playoff games and a championship over playing multiple FBS games a year. I fully trust and believe in what GT and CB know what is best for our program.

NDSUBowler
02-21-2012, 08:08 PM
I don't see anything wrong with playing two FBS games a year if we can get some positive exposure and cash flow out of the deal. I just happen to be against this particular game on September 22nd because of this little wedding thing I need to be in. I know I'm being selfish, but I'd rather not test the fiancee's ability to murder the groomsmen and myself because we're worried about how the game is going.
Hahaha...I am in same boat. Wedding planned for Sept 22 I am best man in. Such dilemmas if it were to happen! (but not really)

SamsRams
02-21-2012, 08:13 PM
I am so upset that something that was never gonna happen is never gonna happen. Im really pissedndsu found a formula that works for them and helped win them a NC. Now is the time to do everything different. I dont care wut statements i have read from gene, i sm a fan and i obviously know best. Most importantly i feel like this important discussion of something that is not even rumored to be happening is missing lakes. Sure a lot of u are doing your best in this thread to help this topic become a full fledged rumor, but its not enough

NDSUBowler
02-21-2012, 08:15 PM
I am so upset that something that was never gonna happen is never gonna happen. Im really pissedndsu found a formula that works for them and helped win them a NC. Now is the time to do everything different. I dont care wut statements i have read from gene, i sm a fan and i obviously know best. Most importsntly i feel like this sllbimportant discussion of something thst is not even rumored to be happening
Angry much?

Till
02-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Weddings during football season........shameful!

I know, but sometimes that's just the way it works out. I seem to remember you missing a Gopher game for such a wedding, so it happens.

BlueBisonRock
02-21-2012, 09:14 PM
I know, but sometimes that's just the way it works out. I seem to remember you missing a Gopher game for such a wedding, so it happens.

And he still barely talks to that daughter!

Till
02-21-2012, 09:27 PM
And he still barely talks to that daughter!

As long as SD still yells "Green Machine" and gives me the horns as I drive by in the West lot I'll know we're still good.

BisoninNWMN
02-21-2012, 09:47 PM
As long as there are FCS teams available to play, I sure GT will try to get one to come to Fargo. I would have to believe a MEAC, SWAC or Pioneer team would come to Fargo for an ass-beating for the right amount of $$$.

Does anyone know what NDSU's limit is for bringing in a team....money wise? 150K.....200K?

SamsRams
02-21-2012, 09:54 PM
As long as there are FCS teams available to play, I sure GT will try to get one to come to Fargo. I would have to believe a MEAC, SWAC or Pioneer team would come to Fargo for an ass-beating for the right amount of $$$.

Does anyone know what NDSU's limit is for bringing in a team....money wise? 150K.....200K?

And this is one of the biggest questions I have. What does NDSU pay for a team to come to Fargo? Im guessing whatever figure they used to pay has to have gone up after winning the NC. Not that NDSU wants it to go up, but that the teams they are in discussion with think it should go up, figuring in the money the university made off title run and knowing that it will be almost impossible for a team to come in and win in Fargo.
Even though its a public university am I to assume that these money figures are private when negotiating?

EndZoneQB
02-21-2012, 10:12 PM

Yep. I have to miss the UNI away game this year. Not happy. I hope to substitute Vermillion in it's place...

SDbison
02-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Yep. I have to miss the UNI away game this year. Not happy. I hope to substitute Vermillion in it's place... Remember there will be a party at SD's acreage the night before the USD game. You are then only 45 minute drive to Vermillion the next morning for tailgating and the game. I forget what time of year this game is but buses, RV's and tenting on the property will be welcome. I likely already have the house full from the usual travelers from the Horny Bison tailgtate group that have gone to SDSU and Kansas games. Trust me, Vermllion would suck for partying the night before the game.

IzzyFlexion
02-22-2012, 12:52 AM

I'll go a step further and say that weddings on days ending in the letters "ay" are shameful.

Hell, if I'd known I was gonna lose half my shit I would have stayed in bed all day on a certain Saturday in '86.

CaBisonFan
02-22-2012, 01:39 AM
I'll go a step further and say that weddings on days ending in the letters "ay" are shameful.

Hell, if I'd known I was gonna lose half my shit I would have stayed in bed all day on a certain Saturday in '86.

Hmmm...Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Me too...:biggrin:

bri-dog
02-22-2012, 02:08 AM

'84 for me...:biggrin:

I was happily married for about 2 years. The other 9, not so much.

HuskerFan
02-22-2012, 02:08 AM

I'm with you on that one. I had to miss 2 Husker games, because someone either got married or was having a birthday party.

EndZoneQB
02-22-2012, 02:22 AM
I'm with you on that one. I had to miss 2 Husker games, because someone either got married or was having a birthday party.

You missed it for a birthday party???? Yikes, I would never. I did miss Homecoming one year for a bachelor party...at least it had strippers and blow tho.

HuskerFan
02-22-2012, 02:28 AM
You missed it for a birthday party???? Yikes, I would never. I did miss Homecoming one year for a bachelor party...at least it had strippers and blow tho.

Yeah, it was the 2002 Neb/Penn St game. When I heard the Huskers got pounded in that game, I was glad I didn't watch that trainwreck.

HuskerFan
02-22-2012, 02:44 AM
If NDSU isn't the team Nebraska plays Sept 22.....oh well. It would've been fun to see these 2 teams play this year....maybe someday day this game will get scheduled. Speaking of the Bison, don't they have a lot of returning players this year? I thought I remember reading an article about that. If they do, I wouldn't be suprised to see them go back to back.

SamsRams
02-22-2012, 02:46 AM
Yeah, it was the 2002 Neb/Penn St game. When I heard the Huskers got pounded in that game, I was glad I didn't watch that trainwreck.

Funny you would mention trainwreck in this thread. Got anymore trainwreck rumors you wanna start here??

CHADSTAUS
02-22-2012, 02:57 AM
My magic black ball just told me no more trainwrecks today and it confirmed we will NOT play Nebraska. :)

HuskerFan
02-22-2012, 02:59 AM
Funny you would mention trainwreck in this thread. Got anymore trainwreck rumors you wanna start here??

I didn't start the rumor. Lets go back and look at my first post.....

"I heard Nebraska has finalized it's 2012 schedule, and I heard a few rumors that it might be NDSU. I really hope this is true, I've been waiting for this since NDSU went D-1. Have any of you Bison fans heard anything up there?"

I simply came on here to find out from Bison fans if there was any truth to this rumor. A couple of people on the Huskermax site mentioned NDSU, then I started hearing from other people the same thing.

MNLonghorn10
02-22-2012, 03:02 AM
My magic black ball just told me no more trainwrecks today and it confirmed we will NOT play Nebraska. :)
god thats lame. lincoln is the closest bcs next to iowa state outside of minnesota. opportunity missed!

can't wait to get excited for idaho state!

CaBisonFan
02-22-2012, 03:08 AM

"I heard Nebraska has finalized it's 2012 schedule, and I heard a few rumors that it might be NDSU. I really hope this is true, I've been waiting for this since NDSU went D-1. Have any of you Bison fans heard anything up there?"

I simply came on here to find out from Bison fans if there was any truth to this rumor. A couple of people on the Huskermax site mentioned NDSU, then I started hearing from other people the same thing.

Be careful with checking out a rumor here...and with some of your questions.

HuskerFan
02-22-2012, 03:18 AM
Be careful with checking out a rumor here...and with some of your questions.

I ask one simple question on here......"Have any of you Bison fans heard anything up there?", and few posters (not everyone) got bent out of shape about it. A simple YES or NO answer works. To the few members that got worked up....lighten up people...geez!!!

CHADSTAUS
02-22-2012, 03:23 AM
Im at a loss for words. That does not happen often. Watch for Nebraska to be on our schedule in 5-7 years. Thats not lame, it's reality.

EndZoneQB
02-22-2012, 03:23 AM

I just reconfirmed with my source with a connection close to the situation and they said get ready for a "memorial".

Next stop, O Street!

MNLonghorn10
02-22-2012, 03:26 AM
I just talked to a guy and we just locked a game for the 22nd of Sept.
my source familiar with knowledge of schedule negotiations says other wise...

CaBisonFan
02-22-2012, 03:29 AM
I ask one simple question on here......"Have any of you Bison fans heard anything up there?", and few posters (not everyone) got bent out of shape about it. A simple YES or NO answer works. To the few members that got worked up....lighten up people...geez!!!

Yep...and we have the white-out committee also.

CHADSTAUS
02-22-2012, 03:35 AM
my source familiar with knowledge of schedule negotiations says other wise...

I talked to a guy in China on ham radio and he knows somebody that said we are going to play Concordia in a home-home deal. Hope he we can get that one done. And according to another reliable source, UND just scheduled 14 years worth of games with Nebraska. The tension is building...........

CaBisonFan
02-22-2012, 03:37 AM
I talked to a guy in China on ham radio and he knows somebody that said we are going to play Concordia in a home-home deal. Hope he we can get that one done. And according to another reliable source, UND just scheduled 14 years worth of games with Nebraska. The tension is building...........

The program is hanging on the Concordia game...that's great news. I'm glad to see that schools like Mayville, Valley City, UNd, & Dakota St are branching out.

MN_BISON
02-22-2012, 03:37 AM
I just reconfirmed with my source with a connection close to the situation and they said get ready for a "memorial".

Next stop, O Street!

That just tells me Gene Taylor went head to head with Fasion on a bottle of Wild Turkey and lost. GT stood his ground and said no Tin Shed, so Fasion slammed the rest of the bottle, blurted out F#ck It, we'll play the game at Memorial like the good old days, beers in the stands, douche bags on the west side and taco grinders with ham for all.

Next stop, Columbia Drive! :hide:

HuskerFan
02-22-2012, 03:38 AM

Next stop, O Street!

Until Nebraska announces who its opponent will be Sept 22nd, it's all speculation right now. I have no inside sources, and don't know if all the rumors I'm hearing are credible. I just read other peoples post on Husker messageboards and hear a lot of talk about NDSU.

CHADSTAUS
02-22-2012, 03:42 AM
I have know more smarta@@ comments for this evening. Good night.

EndZoneQB
02-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Until Nebraska announces who its opponent will be Sept 22nd, it's all speculation right now. I have no inside sources, and don't know if all the rumors I'm hearing are credible. I just read other peoples post on Husker messageboards and hear a lot of talk about NDSU.

My source is rock solid.

MNLonghorn10
02-22-2012, 03:48 AM
I have know more smarta@@ comments for this evening. Good night.
good knight!

BlueBisonRock
02-22-2012, 03:51 AM
My source is rock solid.

Hey EZ, that info is not coming from me!

Aside, I would love a game in Lincoln. It would take about the same amount of drive time as it does to get to Fargo and I would not have to contend with the Maple Grove parking lot.

It would also be a big challenge for the Bison. I understand why a team would want a soft schedule, but have never believed that taking the easy road gets one to the pinnacle of success. Remember, greatness is reserved for those who accept and step up to the bigger challenges. The focus on taking the easy road is leading to the pussification* of football. The Gipper would never accept this approach.

*A new word I recently learned from the Izz!

HuskerFan
02-22-2012, 03:52 AM
My source is rock solid.

I'm not going to question whether you have an inside source or not, if you do...awesome, but most of the people on messageboards always say they have an "inside source" I guess Husker Nation will find out when this game gets announced officially.

EndZoneQB
02-22-2012, 04:13 AM
Hey EZ, that info is not coming from me!

Aside, I would love a game in Lincoln. It would take about the same amount of drive time as it does to get to Fargo and I would not have to contend with the Maple Grove parking lot.

It would also be a big challenge for the Bison. I understand why a team would want a soft schedule, but have never believed that taking the easy road gets one to the pinnacle of success. Remember, greatness is reserved for those who accept and step up to the bigger challenges. The focus on taking the easy road is leading to the pussification* of football. The Gipper would never accept this approach.

*A new word I recently learned from the Izz!

There's a shortcut on Maple Grove Parkway that comes out in Rogers and can get you all the way to St. Michael if you take 101 north out of Rodgers. Saves 30-45mins whenever there's traffic. Plus, it always feels better if you're moving.

NDSUBowler
02-22-2012, 04:30 AM
Find any more posts to complain about?

SamsRams
02-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Find any more posts to complain about?
You should appreciate it, you love to complain about the crowd when its not loud enough for your liking.

And i am doing my best to provide factual information on the schedule thread. Whenever you wanna particpate in a worthy discussion come see me over there. Ill be waiting patiently to see if you are able to finally provide something useful to the forum

mhyer63
02-22-2012, 07:54 AM

No one on the Nebraska board mentioned a NDSU game till 2 days ago, and they were Bison fans. And you didn't ask if Bison fans knew about it, you only mentioned that you heard it was a rumor. Don't know where you got your info that NDSU was ever a possible game but noting on any post in the Nebraska board. So why don't you just admit that you made the whole thing up to start a story line. But if you want to prove me wrong, there is a little thing called cut and paste make sure to include the time and dates.

mgbison
02-22-2012, 08:42 AM
I don't get why people are getting all bent out of shape. There is nothing else to talk about at the moment. It seems this is the only active thread at the moment, and its fun to speculate. Its a forum, aren't people suppose to speculate and bs about whatever they feel like talking about.

In this case, I think it would be fun to play the Huskers. We have a veteran squad, and match up well with the Huskers style of play. I don't think it will happen and hopefully I'm wrong.

SamsRams
02-22-2012, 08:42 AM
I hate this thread more then anyone, but i can admit there were a couple sites (both of which have been posted in this thread, I'd guess page 7) where it was brought up as a potential opponent the 22nd. And they were mentioned before it was ever mentioned . It was actually the reason i mentioned in the schedule thread. However neither of the posters of those comments made their own thread.

SamsRams
02-22-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't get why people are getting all bent out of shape. There is nothing else to talk about at the moment. It seems this is the only active thread at the moment, and its fun to speculate. Its a forum, aren't people suppose to speculate and bs about whatever they feel like talking about.

In this case, I think it would be fun to play the Huskers. We have a veteran squad, and match up well with the Huskers style of play. I don't think it will happen and hopefully I'm wrong.

For me its because we already have two threads dedicated to the schedule. I like to go back and read archived threads and its nice when the topics are together.

rutlandbison
02-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Holy S**t! It is a message board, rumors are going to be posted. You are just pissed because nobody responded to your post. Get over it.

IzzyFlexion
02-22-2012, 11:48 AM
good knight!

we'll plaid.

IzzyFlexion
02-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Everyone just calm down..........
I'm sure that we can find a School of Mines in Nebraska that is free that day.

TransAmBison
02-22-2012, 12:08 PM
You've been on a roll lately Izzy. You must be taking this Bisonville Poster of the year seriously. Hopefully you don't blow your wad early.

IzzyFlexion
02-22-2012, 12:20 PM
You've been on a roll lately Izzy. You must be taking this Bisonville Poster of the year seriously. Hopefully you don't blow your wad early.

Not to worry.
Christmas money from my dad ?...?.....already spent.....(invested)

http://www.extremefunnyhumor.com/pics/Solution_to_Premature_.jpghttp://www.extremefunnyhumor.com/pics/Solution_to_Premature_.jpg

EndZoneQB
02-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Not to worry.
Christmas money from my dad ?...?.....already spent.....(invested)

Well that was nice of your dad to pay for the escorts. Now, how'd you pay for the pillows?

NDSUBowler
02-22-2012, 01:20 PM
You should appreciate it, you love to complain about the crowd when its not loud enough for your liking.

And i am doing my best to provide factual information on the schedule thread. Whenever you wanna particpate in a worthy discussion come see me over there. Ill be waiting patiently to see if you are able to finally provide something useful to the forum
I'm glad you had to go into past posts/threads of mine to try and find something to complain about. I guess it took some work for you to dig up trolling material!

I actually enjoy your factual information, believe it or not. You take the time to look up the information and I appreciate it.

I don't enjoy you getting all butthurt because people don't always see your posts and they post repetitive information or try to fire up a discussion that has already been hashed out. Maybe if you just dealt with the repetition that comes with EVERY forum and quit trying to inform everyone possible that YOU were the first to come up with the facts, I wouldn't feel the need to call you out for your nonsense posts.

As for my thread about the crowd after the YSU game, I made an observation and I created a thread about it. I said my piece and I was done. I didn't blame a loss on it, I didn't say its the end of the world, I just noted something, thought it was worth mentioning, mentioned it to a forum of dedicated fans who may agree with my analysis, and waited to see what discussion would come from it. That's what the this forum is for. Not to parade your wealth of knowledge and then jump on people when they don't acknowledge your amazing work while they post their own (repetitive) thoughts.

You would be wise to do the same.

TransAmBison
02-22-2012, 01:22 PM
I like cheetos.

NDSUBowler
02-22-2012, 01:35 PM
I like cheetos.
Cheetos>Fritos

aces1180
02-22-2012, 01:39 PM
I like cheetos.

When I used to work at the Mini Mart (now Loaf and Jug) next to the Turf, sometimes I would buy a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos and dip them in a bowl of nacho cheese. Delicious.

Come to think of it, its probably a reason why I am a bit overweight now. True story.

TransAmBison
02-22-2012, 01:43 PM
I wonder how many brats/hot dogs/polish sausages that mini mart has sold through the years...and what portion of them were still raw when sold.

BisonTeacher
02-22-2012, 01:58 PM
When I used to work at the Mini Mart (now Loaf and Jug) next to the Turf, sometimes I would buy a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos and dip them in a bowl of nacho cheese. Delicious.

Come to think of it, its probably a reason why I am a bit overweight now. True story.

We used to call the guy that worked there"Mini Mart Todd". Was that you?

BisonTeacher
02-22-2012, 01:59 PM
I wonder how many brats/hot dogs/polish sausages that mini mart has sold through the years...and what portion of them were still raw when sold.

I'm guilty of downing a few mart heat lamp dogs w/chili. Usually later in the evening though......

aces1180
02-22-2012, 02:00 PM
No...Todd got fired soon after I started. I started in October of '99 and was there until October of '01.

Someday, I'm going to start a Mini Mart Memories thread.

aces1180
02-22-2012, 02:01 PM

Not many were raw...Most were overcooked pieces of leather by the time they were consumed.

IzzyFlexion
02-22-2012, 02:07 PM

I wonder why convienience stores tend to have the best names?.....These (Kum and Go) stores are all over Iowa. Myself, I would have gone the extra mile and added a second "o" in the word "go"

http://www.zimmcomm.biz/images/iacorn/ia-corn-indy-2010-1.jpghttp://bp1.blogger.com/_S9AUlM8RQJc/R_E2wriQpVI/AAAAAAAAABw/7Y8hVTvHcMk/s320/kumandgo.jpghttp://www.josheklow.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/HotKumRally-logo2.jpg

aces1180
02-22-2012, 02:12 PM
I wonder why convienience stores tend to have the best names?.....These (Kum and Go) stores are all over Iowa. Myself, I would have gone the extra mile and added a second "o" in the word "go"

http://www.zimmcomm.biz/images/iacorn/ia-corn-indy-2010-1.jpghttp://bp1.blogger.com/_S9AUlM8RQJc/R_E2wriQpVI/AAAAAAAAABw/7Y8hVTvHcMk/s320/kumandgo.jpghttp://www.josheklow.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/HotKumRally-logo2.jpg

I remember seeing one called the "Pump and Pack" a few years back.

KSBisonFan
02-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Talk about thread drift.....pretty funny though.

TransAmBison
02-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Today is thread drift Wednesday.

KSBisonFan
02-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Today is thread drift Wednesday.
Oh yeah. My bad! Thread drift Wednesday always follows White-out, Imaginary Press Release Tuesday.

TransAmBison
02-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Oh yeah. My bad! Thread drift Wednesday always follows White-out, Imaginary Press Release Tuesday.I'm bored. I had very little to do yesterday and even less today. AG is just lucky goanimate is blocked at my work.

Answer Guy
02-22-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm gay. AG is just lucky goanimate is blocked at my work.

Not blocked at my work. Sucks for you.

(Once ran into Tranny sprinting into the Loaf & Jug in Grand Forks. It is now called the Shit & Get.)

KSBisonFan
02-22-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm bored. I had very little to do yesterday and even less today. AG is just lucky goanimate is blocked at my work.
You should start a rumor about our opponent on September 22nd. At least it's something to do. Oh yeah, and be sure to start a separate thread while you're at it.