PDA

View Full Version : Sept 22nd....Huskers vs Bison???

Pages : 1 [2]

TransAmBison
02-22-2012, 03:38 PM
You should start a rumor about our opponent on September 22nd. At least it's something to do. Oh yeah, and be sure to start a separate thread while you're at it.I'm already gonna pay for Thread Drift Wednesday...you know...from the crowd that will complain this is why they don't post here much anymore because of blah blah blah...and SD...he's just collateral damage. Sorry bud...but I did wait until the thread was no longer capable of living without life support. :D

SDbison
02-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Back on topic...................pllllease!

bisonboone11
02-22-2012, 04:08 PM
This may have been brought up already, but I've heard that Oklahoma or Florida State have also been calling NDSU about playing us. Is there anything true regarding those rumors? I'm out in MT right now, so I don't hear much about what's going on back in God's Country.

Twentysix
02-22-2012, 04:10 PM
This may have been brought up already, but I've heard that Oklahoma or Florida State have also been calling NDSU about playing us. Is there anything true regarding those rumors? I'm out in MT right now, so I don't hear much about what's going on back in God's Country.

Yes its true that they called, its also true we told them to take a hike.

SDbison
02-22-2012, 04:11 PM
This may have been brought up already, but I've heard that Oklahoma or Florida State have also been calling NDSU about playing us. Is there anything true regarding those rumors? I'm out in MT right now, so I don't hear much about what's going on back in God's Country. Oklahoma has a game set up for Sept 22nd now......can't remember who.......so many posts ago because of all the thread drift.....thanks mf'ers!

aces1180
02-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Florida State plays Savannah State according to Izzo's Twitter.

TransAmBison
02-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Oklahoma has a game set up for Sept 22nd now......can't remember who.......so many posts ago because of all the thread drift.....thanks mf'ers!The topic was over...Huskers vs Bison on Sept 22nd was not happening...not much else to talk about. Point taken, though.

bisonboone11
02-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks guys. Sorry, I didn't feel like reading through all 26 pages to see if that had come up. The Nebraska game would be pretty cool, but tough to know if it's worth the risk. Could end up costing us a home playoff game.

CaBisonFan
02-22-2012, 05:32 PM
You should start a rumor about our opponent on September 22nd. At least it's something to do. Oh yeah, and be sure to start a separate thread while you're at it.

Should start a thread about who we won't be playing on the 15th or 22nd.

SDbison
02-22-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm with you on that one. I had to miss 2 Husker games, because someone either got married or was having a birthday party. Funny thing is this past fall when I was with my daughter (the one who got married on the day of the first Bison football victory over the Gophers) in downtown Lincoln picking up our Nebraska-Ohio State tickets before the game I noticed there was a sign on one of the hotels congratulating a couple getting married that day. Without thinking I say, "Poor bastard, his wife convinced him to get married on a Husker game day.......must not have any friends or family that are Husker fans." Needless to say, there was some silence before I quickly changed the subject.:facepalm:

SDbison
02-22-2012, 09:25 PM
The topic was over...Huskers vs Bison on Sept 22nd was not happening...not much else to talk about. Point taken, though. Can you say that with 100% certainty?

TransAmBison
02-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Can you say that with 100% certainty?I'm willing to take that risk. :D

SamsRams
02-22-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm glad you had to go into past posts/threads of mine to try and find something to complain about. I guess it took some work for you to dig up trolling material!

I actually enjoy your factual information, believe it or not. You take the time to look up the information and I appreciate it.

I don't enjoy you getting all butthurt because people don't always see your posts and they post repetitive information or try to fire up a discussion that has already been hashed out. Maybe if you just dealt with the repetition that comes with EVERY forum and quit trying to inform everyone possible that YOU were the first to come up with the facts, I wouldn't feel the need to call you out for your nonsense posts.

As for my thread about the crowd after the YSU game, I made an observation and I created a thread about it. I said my piece and I was done. I didn't blame a loss on it, I didn't say its the end of the world, I just noted something, thought it was worth mentioning, mentioned it to a forum of dedicated fans who may agree with my analysis, and waited to see what discussion would come from it. That's what the this forum is for. Not to parade your wealth of knowledge and then jump on people when they don't acknowledge your amazing work while they post their own (repetitive) thoughts.

You would be wise to do the same.

very good points. I have to remember most people dont read every football post like others do. If this site wants to be the place where any idiot who wants attention can just post a thread about something they think is a rumor and then clutter up the board, then so be it. This is not my site and I need to just play my part and let the morons be moronic.
Sorry to Bison fans for being a prick about this thread. I will focus on what I am doing good at and that is finding useful info and posting that info in the appropriate thread when there is one!

GO BISON

EndZoneQB
02-22-2012, 10:39 PM
very good points. I have to remember most people dont read every football post like others do. If this site wants to be the place where any idiot who wants attention can just post a thread about something they think is a rumor and then clutter up the board, then so be it. This is not my site and I need to just play my part and let the morons be moronic.
Sorry to Bison fans for being a prick about this thread. I will focus on what I am doing good at and that is finding useful info and posting that info in the appropriate thread when there is one!

GO BISON

Trust me, a bunch of us feel the same way, it's just not changing so might as well save your time. I'm on a ton of forums, and pretty much all of them you get sh*t on(metaphorically, nice try) if you repost anything or don't search. The difference is clientele on the forums here versus what I normally frequent. This is generally an "older" demographic with less internet/message board experience...which in turn causes lots of newb-like behavior. Not to mention, this forum is very dependent on having "current" information, so it's like a revolving door all day. You'll be ok, even tho I know your OCD twitch is driving you crazy.

SamsRams
02-22-2012, 10:45 PM
also sorry to ruin a perfectly good thread drift............personally I hate fried toe's, whether is Fritoes or Doritoes

NDSUBowler
02-22-2012, 11:43 PM

GO BISON
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xV__3TFQfpY/Ti4YvxeUWRI/AAAAAAAAAbk/-rUx4FrcHL0/s1600/Lets+Hug+it+Out+Bitch.jpg

HuskerFan
02-23-2012, 01:00 AM
Funny thing is this past fall when I was with my daughter (the one who got married on the day of the first Bison football victory over the Gophers) in downtown Lincoln picking up our Nebraska-Ohio State tickets before the game I noticed there was a sign on one of the hotels congratulating a couple getting married that day. Without thinking I say, "Poor bastard, his wife convinced him to get married on a Husker game day.......must not have any friends or family that are Husker fans." Needless to say, there was some silence before I quickly changed the subject.:facepalm:

If they did have friends that were Husker fans, I'm sure they were not happy. I missed the Iowa St and Penn St games, and I was pissed. I can't even imagine missing the Ohio St game. You have to be an idiot to get married on a game day, it certainly angers alot of fans that have to attend your wedding.

Wally
02-23-2012, 01:07 AM
I remember seeing one called the "Pump and Pack" a few years back.

I think there are still "Pump and Munch" stores can around as well

onbison09
02-23-2012, 01:13 AM

​10 char

bisonboone11
02-23-2012, 03:05 PM
If they did have friends that were Husker fans, I'm sure they were not happy. I missed the Iowa St and Penn St games, and I was pissed. I can't even imagine missing the Ohio St game. You have to be an idiot to get married on a game day, it certainly angers alot of fans that have to attend your wedding.

My sister got married on the day of the last Bison-Sioux game... The way that game ended, I would've been pretty disappointed being there, but needless to say, I was pretty upset.

CaBisonFan
02-23-2012, 04:09 PM
I see that Idaho State is going to Nebraska on the 22nd. Sorry if I missed an earlier post about this. Does anyone know what they're getting paid?

KSBisonFan
02-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Here's the official release: Anybody's guess what the next topic in this thread will be. Somebody post something political so it can be locked away.

NU Completes 2012 Schedule; Adds Future Games
2012 Nebraska Football Schedule

Nebraska has completed its 2012 football schedule, and has also announced the addition of future non-conference home games with Brigham Young, Florida Atlantic and South Alabama.
Nebraska completed its 2012 non-conference schedule with the addition of a game against Idaho State at Memorial Stadium on Sept. 22. Idaho State is coming off a 2-9 season in 2011, and the Bengals are no strangers to top competition. In the past three seasons alone, Idaho State has traveled to BYU, Washington State, Georgia, Arizona State and Oklahoma.
The addition of Idaho State completes a non-conference schedule that also features home games against Southern Miss (Sept. 1) and Arkansas State (Sept. 15), along with a road trip to UCLA (Sept. 8). Overall, Nebraska's 2012 schedule features games against 10 teams that participated in a bowl game in 2011, including four home games against teams that won at least 10 games in 2011.

Nebraska has also announced single non-conference games with Florida Atlantic in 2014 and BYU in 2015 in Lincoln, and two games at Memorial Stadium against South Alabama in 2015 and 2019.

The Huskers will take on FAU and head coach Carl Pelini on Aug. 30, 2014, in the season opener in Lincoln. Pelini took over the program in December after four seasons as Nebraska's defensive coordinator. The matchup will be the second all-time between the two schools, with Nebraska defeating the Owls in the 2008 season opener at Memorial Stadium. Florida Atlantic joins a 2014 Nebraska schedule that includes a road game at Fresno State (Sept. 13) and a home contest with Miami (Sept. 20).

Nebraska is scheduled to begin the 2015 season in Lincoln against BYU on Sept. 5. The meeting with the Cougars, a football independent, will be the first-ever meeting between Nebraska and BYU.

BYU is coming off a 10-3 season in 2011, capped by a 24-21 victory over Tulsa in the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl. The Cougars finished the year ranked No. 25 in the USA Today Coaches Poll, earning a spot in the final top-25 poll for the fifth time in the last six seasons. The Cougars have participated in a bowl game in each of Bronco Mendenhall's seven seasons as head coach in Provo.

South Alabama will visit Memorial Stadium on Sept. 12, 2015. The Jaguars are completing a transition to Football Bowl Subdivision in 2012 and 2013, and will compete in the Sun Belt Conference beginning this fall. South Alabama posted a 6-4 record in 2011, and played games against FBS foes Kent State and North Carolina State. The Jaguars are scheduled to play Mississippi State, North Carolina State, Hawaii, Tennessee, Navy, Georgia and Tulane over the next three seasons.

In addition to the 2015 game, South Alabama will also visit Memorial Stadium on Aug. 31, 2019, in the season opener.

The games announced on Thursday complete the Huskers' 2012 and 2015 non-conference schedules. In addition to BYU and South Alabama, the 2015 non-conference slate also includes a trip to Miami (Sept. 19) and a home game against Southern Miss (Sept. 26). Nebraska's 2013 schedule was completed last fall, and Nebraska has three non-conference games scheduled in both 2014 and 2016.

Date Opponent 2011 Record (Bowl Game)
Sept. 1 Southern Miss 12-2 (Sheraton Hawaii Bowl)
Sept. 8 at UCLA 6-8 (Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl)
Sept. 15 Arkansas State 10-3 (GoDaddy.com Bowl)
Sept. 22 Idaho State 2-9
Sept. 29 Wisconsin 11-3 (Rose Bowl)
Oct. 6 at Ohio State 6-7 (Gator Bowl)
Oct. 13 BYE
Oct. 20 at Northwestern 6-7 (Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas)
Oct. 27 Michigan 11-2 (Sugar Bowl)
Nov. 3 at Michigan State 11-3 (Outback Bowl)
Nov. 10 Penn State 9-4 (TicketCity Bowl)
Nov. 17 Minnesota 3-9
Nov. 23 (Fri.) at Iowa 7-6 (Insight Bowl)

MNLonghorn10
02-23-2012, 06:29 PM
son of a bitch.

that would've been a fun game to go see. better than the 6th home game, imo.

SDbison
I am so happy that Gene and Craig are afraid of competition and will end up scheduling a home game against one of the worst FCS teams possible. Thank you Bisonville for pointing out that NDSU schedules games that will maximize probability of making the playoffs (even though it does nothing to prepare a team for a deep run in the playoffs). So bring on the Holy Acadamy of Low or No Scholarships. Thank You........now back to your regularly scheduled thread drift.

Twentysix
That really screws us, wasn't idaho st the hypothetical 11th game if we go an fcs route?

Maybe this is a prelude of things to come... a game against incarnate word.

MNLonghorn10
02-23-2012, 06:31 PM
I am so happy that Gene and Craig are afraid of competition and will end up scheduling a home game against one of the worst FCS teams possible. Thank you Bisonville for pointing out that NDSU schedules games that will maximize probability of making the playoffs (even though it does nothing to prepare a team for a deep run in the playoffs). So bring on the Holy Acadamy of Low or No Scholarships. Thank You........now back to your regularly scheduled thread drift.
yep yep yep. preach on! seriously.

lincoln is 6-7 hrs from fargo. GOD DAMN

SDbison
02-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Here's the official release: Anybody's guess what the next topic in this thread will be. Somebody post something political so it can be locked away.

NU Completes 2012 Schedule; Adds Future Games

Nebraska has completed its 2012 football schedule, and has also announced the addition of future non-conference home games with Brigham Young, Florida Atlantic and South Alabama.
Nebraska completed its 2012 non-conference schedule with the addition of a game against Idaho State at Memorial Stadium on Sept. 22. Idaho State is coming off a 2-9 season in 2011, and the Bengals are no strangers to top competition. In the past three seasons alone, Idaho State has traveled to BYU, Washington State, Georgia, Arizona State and Oklahoma.
The addition of Idaho State completes a non-conference schedule that also features home games against Southern Miss (Sept. 1) and Arkansas State (Sept. 15), along with a road trip to UCLA (Sept. 8). Overall, Nebraska's 2012 schedule features games against 10 teams that participated in a bowl game in 2011, including four home games against teams that won at least 10 games in 2011.

Nebraska has also announced single non-conference games with Florida Atlantic in 2014 and BYU in 2015 in Lincoln, and two games at Memorial Stadium against South Alabama in 2015 and 2019.

The Huskers will take on FAU and head coach Carl Pelini on Aug. 30, 2014, in the season opener in Lincoln. Pelini took over the program in December after four seasons as Nebraska's defensive coordinator. The matchup will be the second all-time between the two schools, with Nebraska defeating the Owls in the 2008 season opener at Memorial Stadium. Florida Atlantic joins a 2014 Nebraska schedule that includes a road game at Fresno State (Sept. 13) and a home contest with Miami (Sept. 20).

Nebraska is scheduled to begin the 2015 season in Lincoln against BYU on Sept. 5. The meeting with the Cougars, a football independent, will be the first-ever meeting between Nebraska and BYU.

BYU is coming off a 10-3 season in 2011, capped by a 24-21 victory over Tulsa in the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl. The Cougars finished the year ranked No. 25 in the USA Today Coaches Poll, earning a spot in the final top-25 poll for the fifth time in the last six seasons. The Cougars have participated in a bowl game in each of Bronco Mendenhall's seven seasons as head coach in Provo.

South Alabama will visit Memorial Stadium on Sept. 12, 2015. The Jaguars are completing a transition to Football Bowl Subdivision in 2012 and 2013, and will compete in the Sun Belt Conference beginning this fall. South Alabama posted a 6-4 record in 2011, and played games against FBS foes Kent State and North Carolina State. The Jaguars are scheduled to play Mississippi State, North Carolina State, Hawaii, Tennessee, Navy, Georgia and Tulane over the next three seasons.

In addition to the 2015 game, South Alabama will also visit Memorial Stadium on Aug. 31, 2019, in the season opener.

The games announced on Thursday complete the Huskers' 2012 and 2015 non-conference schedules. In addition to BYU and South Alabama, the 2015 non-conference slate also includes a trip to Miami (Sept. 19) and a home game against Southern Miss (Sept. 26). Nebraska's 2013 schedule was completed last fall, and Nebraska has three non-conference games scheduled in both 2014 and 2016.

Date Opponent 2011 Record (Bowl Game)
Sept. 1 Southern Miss 12-2 (Sheraton Hawaii Bowl)
Sept. 8 at UCLA 6-8 (Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl)
Sept. 15 Arkansas State 10-3 (GoDaddy.com Bowl)
Sept. 22 Idaho State 2-9
Sept. 29 Wisconsin 11-3 (Rose Bowl)
Oct. 6 at Ohio State 6-7 (Gator Bowl)
Oct. 13 BYE
Oct. 20 at Northwestern 6-7 (Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas)
Oct. 27 Michigan 11-2 (Sugar Bowl)
Nov. 3 at Michigan State 11-3 (Outback Bowl)
Nov. 10 Penn State 9-4 (TicketCity Bowl)
Nov. 17 Minnesota 3-9
Nov. 23 (Fri.) at Iowa 7-6 (Insight Bowl)

Nebraska should point out that Idaho State is a 2-9 FCS team at the bottom of the Big Fluffy conference. Should be 35-0 by the end of the 1st quarter.

BisonTeacher
02-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Crap. Oh well...Now Im on the bandwagon to have the Sioux (Suck) come down on the 22nd and raise the banner in front of them. :biggrin:

TransAmBison
02-23-2012, 06:37 PM
I am so happy that Gene and Craig are afraid of competition and will end up scheduling a home game against one of the worst FCS teams possible. Thank you Bisonville for pointing out that NDSU schedules games that will maximize probability of making the playoffs (even though it does nothing to prepare a team for a deep run in the playoffs). So bring on the Holy Acadamy of Low or No Scholarships. Thank You........now back to your regularly scheduled thread drift.:facepalm: They just used a formula that got us a NC. Now you are complaining how they do things?

MNLonghorn10
02-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Crap. Oh well...Now Im on the bandwagon to have the Sioux (Suck) come down on the 22nd and raise the banner in front of them. :biggrin:
thatd be the first game of the year, and we'd move the robert morris game to the 3rd game.

BisonTeacher
02-23-2012, 06:40 PM
thatd be the first game of the year, and we'd move the robert morris game to the 3rd game.

It would be more obvious we were rubbing it in their faces if we did it on the third game and it was against UND. We can wait two games if thats the case.

SDbison
02-23-2012, 06:47 PM
:facepalm: They just used a formula that got us a NC. Now you are complaining how they do things? You call it complaining........I call it criticism. My opinion, and you disagree........your opinion. Making this an attack on me is BS Actually the cause of all of this is the open spots in the schedule that NDSU cannot seem to plug until 6 months or less before the start of the season. That is the problem.

bisonboone11
02-23-2012, 06:51 PM

Yeah. They obviously have no idea how to prepare our team for a deep run in the playoffs. I mean, take last year for example. We only went 4 games into the playoffs, and then we ended up losing to... uhhh.... someone help me out here. I'm struggling to remember who we lost to in our "short" playoff run last year.

I'm not saying the Nebraska game wouldn't have been cool. But I would think twice before criticizing the ability of Gene and Craig to prepare the team for a deep playoff run after we just won the national championship. Georgia Southern thought it would be a good idea to play Alabama, and that likely cost them a home playoff game. I'm not saying we couldn't have won that game in Georgia, but it would've been much more difficult. It seems to me that they are scheduling games to maximize the potential for home playoff games, which in turn helps the chances of a deep run in the playoffs.

TransAmBison
02-23-2012, 06:58 PM
You call it complaining........I call it criticism. My opinion, and you disagree........your opinion. Making this an attack on me is BS Actually the cause of all of this is the open spots in the schedule that NDSU cannot seem to plug until 6 months or less before the start of the season. That is the problem.Fair enough...sorry for saying complaining...not meant as an attack. Still think criticism is not warranted as we just won a NC.

SDbison
02-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Yeah. They obviously have no idea how to prepare our team for a deep run in the playoffs. I mean, take last year for example. We only went 4 games into the playoffs, and then we ended up losing to... uhhh.... someone help me out here. I'm struggling to remember who we lost to in our "short" playoff run last year.

I'm not saying the Nebraska game wouldn't have been cool. But I would think twice before criticizing the ability of Gene and Craig to prepare the team for a deep playoff run after we just won the national championship. Wow, I am talking about this on a damn messageboard..........get a life. If I was seriously knocking the abilities of Gene and Craig I would write them directly and say so. Also, I am using Craig Bohl's own mantra of "Bring on the Competition" that he in the past said many times to the media. I am most pissed about the holes in the schedule that NDSU has to keep on groping to fill. I pay good money for my teammakers and season tickets and every home game is a 500 mile round trip for me. I expect good competition. My travel distance to a Husker game would have been the same as going to Fargo.

CaBisonFan
02-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Here's my take on this:

1. If the Nebraska game had been offered for the 15th we might have taken it. We're heading for Iowa on the 29th, and having two weeks to prepare and heal up was viewed as essential. It's conference play...and it's a rivalry game...big-time. We have typically done well with 2 or more weeks to prepare for a strong team. We're looking for a game on the 15th...almost like a scrimmage.

2. Then...obviously...there's the playoff implications, seedings, etc.

3. Anyone remember how the Bison let down after the 2007 Minnesota game? Our Super Bowl affected conference play.

These considerations were far too heavy compared to the weight of playing Nebraska. I would bet that Taylor & Bohl wanted to play the game very badly...but their job is to compete within the FCS...because we're 'in' the FCS...whether I like it or not.

I'm as disappointed as anyone. Most of you know my position on moving to the FBS.

I'm with SD on one thing however...I don't understand why we're still looking for a game. I understand that no one wants to play us...but...

SDbison
02-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Fair enough...sorry for saying complaining...not meant as an attack. Still think criticism is not warranted as we just won a NC. That was last year.........I think the talent on the team, their dedication and determination along with coaching expertise had a lot more to do with the National Championship than the schedule itself........just sayin.
My last post on this topic.........Done

bisonboone11
02-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Wow, I am talking about this on a damn messageboard..........get a life. If I was seriously knocking the abilities of Gene and Craig I would write them directly and say so. Also, I am using Craig Bohl's own mantra of "Bring on the Competition" that he in the past said many times to the media. I am most pissed about the holes in the schedule that NDSU has to keep on groping to fill. I pay good money for my teammamkers and sesaon tickets and every home game is a 500 mile round trip for me. I expect good competition. My travel distance to a Husker game would have been the same as going to Fargo.

I apologize, but it really seemed like you were criticizing their ability to prepare the team for a deep run in the playoffs by saying, "NDSU schedules games that will maximize probability of making the playoffs (even though it does nothing to prepare a team for a deep run in the playoffs)."

I can understand that you're upset about not playing Nebraska. It would've been awesome. However, in the end, their goal is to win the FCS national championship. Unfortunately, that can cause them to be hesititant to schedule teams that would be extremely fun to watch the Bison play.

bisonboone11
02-23-2012, 07:15 PM
It would be more obvious we were rubbing it in their faces if we did it on the third game and it was against UND. We can wait two games if thats the case.

If we were serious about trying to bring them in, I think we would have a much better chance getting them to drop their game against the School of Mines to come and play us, which would be the first game of the season. I would love to rub that in their face though.

Also, if we waited until the 3rd game (if it was against them) we would get criticized for showing poor sportsmanship. Unfortunately, they are going to try to find anything to hold against us, and I think that would just cause negative attention that wouldn't be needed.

CAS4127
02-23-2012, 07:21 PM
You call it complaining........I call it criticism. My opinion, and you disagree........your opinion. Making this an attack on me is BS Actually the cause of all of this is the open spots in the schedule that NDSU cannot seem to plug until 6 months or less before the start of the season. That is the problem.

There goes Tranny's lodging spot the night before the USD game!!!:rofl:

BisonTeacher
02-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Also, if we waited until the 3rd game (if it was against them) we would get criticized for showing poor sportsmanship. Unfortunately, they are going to try to find anything to hold against us, and I think that would just cause negative attention that wouldn't be needed.

Some people care about stuff like that, and I am sure its better to do it a more sportsmanlike way. Having said that...I am not one of those people. Screw em.

bisonboone11
02-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Some people care about stuff like that, and I am sure its better to do it a more sportsmanlike way. Having said that...I am not one of those people. Screw em.

Haha. That's awesome. I agree with you there.

SamsRams
02-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Anyone who uses commen sense and factual information in their brain saw isu playing neb page 2 of this thread.

rutlandbison
02-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Anyone who uses commen sense and factual information in their brain saw isu playing neb page 2 of this thread.
It wasn't you, you have bitching a moaning the entire thread.

TransAmBison
02-23-2012, 08:42 PM
I hope you don't mind my saying, but you appear to have lost your mojo. Please change your avatar pic to you and a lovely lady. Also, make a post in the bikini thread...you will feel much better.

CaBisonFan
02-23-2012, 08:58 PM
What's up SamsRams? Are you ok?

acf2
02-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Is this game going to happen? Or is NDSU still looking for a team to play on this date?

Twentysix
02-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Is this game going to happen? Or is NDSU still looking for a team to play on this date?

NDSU is playing the vikings on the 22nd. Ive heard NDSU is favored by 10 in the FFD.

roadwarrior
02-23-2012, 09:24 PM
I suppose I should cancel my hotel reservation in Lincoln now.

acf2
02-23-2012, 09:26 PM
NDSU is playing the vikings on the 22nd. Ive heard NDSU is favored by 10 in the FFD.

Yeah I heard NDSU is going to have to bring in a QB from UND for that game so they can run a wide open Big Sky type offense.

Bisondan
02-23-2012, 09:28 PM
SamsRams,

You are better than this Sam. One breath you are complaining about not getting credit for bringing up the notion of Nebraska as a possible opponent, and in the next breath you are ridiculing the idea as insanity. You are above calling posters morons and treating newbies like this.

You, SDBison, Ming01, and Justin Tyem are the reasons I joined Bisonville. You four are far and away the most intelligent and productive members of Bisonville from my perspective. Don't turn into someone like TransAm or Bisonguy1.

Rise above the hate my friend,

Yours,

John Cena

TransAmBison
02-23-2012, 09:33 PM
SamsRams,

You are better than this Sam. One breath you are complaining about not getting credit for bringing up the notion of Nebraska as a possible opponent, and in the next breath you are ridiculing the idea as insanity. You are above calling posters morons and treating newbies like this.

You, SDBison, Ming01, and Justin Tyem are the reasons I joined Bisonville. You four are far and away the most intelligent and productive members of Bisonville from my perspective. Don't turn into someone like TransAm or Bisonguy1.

Rise above the hate my friend,

Yours,

John Cena
I was going to reference that you failed to mention that I was really the reason you joined BV...and I was going to tell you to suck it. Then I saw that I was mentioned. That is all.

Twentysix
02-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Yeah I heard NDSU is going to have to bring in a QB from UND for that game so they can run a wide open Big Sky type offense.

You can pretty much lock it in as the first interlevel game. NDSU will play a return game at the metrodome in '15 and the vikings will come back to NDSU finishing out the 2 for 1 deal in '19.

CaBisonFan
02-23-2012, 10:01 PM

If you mean the Nebraska game...no...Idaho St. took the date in Lincoln.

JustinTyem
02-23-2012, 10:14 PM
YAHOOOOO, I get credit back to my name. Wow,Im about to have a Jager Bomb on that one!!!!

BlueBisonRock
02-23-2012, 10:15 PM
You call it complaining........I call it criticism. My opinion, and you disagree........your opinion. Making this an attack on me is BS Actually the cause of all of this is the open spots in the schedule that NDSU cannot seem to plug until 6 months or less before the start of the season. That is the problem.

SD, it is fun to poke you once in a while (watch the sleeping bear growl), but it is real hard to do when we agree. Football schedules need to be set well in advance of the current schedule and Nebraska would be a fun trip. I understand the typical response to scheduling two FBS teams in a given season, but also believe in taking on the most challenging projects. You only get better when you take on better competition.

I will save that poke for a future topic. ;)

SamsRams
02-23-2012, 10:57 PM
It wasn't you, you have bitching a moaning the entire thread.

Yep and I admitted I was wrong. Like I said I am sticking to facts and common sense. All one had to do was use either of those abilities and they would have turned their focus to opponents who are actual possiblities.
1) nebraska never had talks with ndsu to schedule a game.
2) it makes zero sense for nebraska to schedule ndsu.
3) ndsu is not going to schedule two fbs games in one year (unless the payday for the second is obnoxious)
4) ndsu is going to schedule a 6th home game coming off a NC

People are more then welcome to live in dream land and trash the program for not playing who some of the fans want the team to play. Those of us who like to deal in facts knew this game had no chance of happening in 2012.
Anyone who wants to deal with actual teams NDSU might play is more then welcome to join the schedule discussion

GO BISON

CaBisonFan
02-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Yep and I admitted I was wrong. Like I said I am sticking to facts and common sense. All one had to do was use either of those abilities and they would have turned their focus to opponents who are actual possiblities.
1) nebraska never had talks with ndsu to schedule a game.
2) it makes zero sense for nebraska to schedule ndsu.
3) ndsu is not going to schedule two fbs games in one year (unless the payday for the second is obnoxious)
4) ndsu is going to schedule a 6th home game coming off a NC

People are more then welcome to live in dream land and trash the program for not playing who some of the fans want the team to play. Those of us who like to deal in facts knew this game had no chance of happening in 2012.
Anyone who wants to deal with actual teams NDSU might play is more then welcome to join the schedule discussion

GO BISON

There was a similar discussion in 2006 about playing Minnesota. Taylor didn't want that game really...but the money and other factors made it happen.

Nothing wrong with speculation here. It's not just an information board.

HuskerFan
02-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Nice going Nebraska.....IDAHO STATE.....that's the best you can do. A freakin FCS doormat, if you're going to schedule an FCS team....make it one of the top FCS teams like NDSU, SHSU, Montana.....IDAHO STATE. I thought I remember Jeff Jamrog saying 2 years ago they wanted to beef up the nonconference schedules. IDAHO STATE......glad I'm paying over $50 for that ticket.

HuskerFan
02-24-2012, 02:14 PM
All I want to know is, has there ever been any talks between NDSU and Nebraska about about scheduling a game? I know many Husker fans hate playing FCS schools, I'm not one of them, but only if it's against the top FCS schools. I think it would be a good game. Look how the App St/Michigan game turned out, so I know the top FCS schools can compete.

TransAmBison
02-24-2012, 02:17 PM
All I want to know is, has there ever been any talks between NDSU and Nebraska about about scheduling a game? I know many Husker fans hate playing FCS schools, I'm not one of them, but only if it's against the top FCS schools. I think it would be a good game. Look how the App St/Michigan game turned out, so I know the top FCS schools can compete.
I do not believe so. From what I have heard Nebraska has said they are not interested in NDSU. From what I have heard they have not given a reason but it is speculated it is because of the relationship with Bohl and/or they do not want to take the risk of playing a FCS team that could damage their season/ranking.

HuskerFan
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
I do not believe so. From what I have heard Nebraska has said they are not interested in NDSU. From what I have heard they have not given a reason but it is speculated it is because of the relationship with Bohl and/or they do not want to take the risk of playing a FCS team that could damage their season/ranking.

If the Skers are worried about the risk of playing a top FCS school, then that's really pathetic Could Nebraska get beat, sure they could, but only if you don't go out there an play your ass off.

TransAmBison
02-24-2012, 02:49 PM
If the Skers are worried about the risk of playing a top FCS school, then that's really pathetic Could Nebraska get beat, sure they could, but only if you don't go out there an play your ass off.All risk, no reward for Nebraska...plus the Bohl connection...makes things complicated.

HuskerFan
02-24-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm just disappointed that this game isn't going to happen. I would like to think it will some year. How great would it be for those Nebraska kids on the Bison roster to be able to come home, and play college football in Memorial Stadium in front of all those and fans and their famlies.

SDbison
02-24-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm just disappointed that this game isn't going to happen. I would like to think it will some year. How great would it be for those Nebraska kids on the Bison roster to be able to come home, and play college football in Memorial Stadium in front of all those and fans and their famlies. Don't bother thinking or posting about a possibility of a game with Nebraska. The self proclaimed experts at Bisonville have said NDSU or Nebraska have no interest in such a game. These posters have no more insight or personal knowledge that the game wouldn't happen than those who were encouraged that it might. They were just playing the odds that it was a long shot. I am so impressed.

tcbison
02-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Mark me as one disappointed that the Nebraska game is not happening. One thing that better not happen is scheduling a DII game at home. If that happens then not taking the Nebraska game(if it was even an option) would have been a huge mistake IMHO. Would much rather take another FBS game then even think of a DII game. Honestly, if the team feels like they can win at Colorado State(which I believe they should) another FBS game will not hurt us. If NDSU goes 2-1 in the non conference games we are in great shape. Plus, I don't buy that if we play another FBS game they will be more injuries. I know one year NDSU played Central Connecticut State at home and won 50-14 and the Bison came out of that game beat up.

HuskerFan
02-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Don't bother thinking or posting about a possibility of a game with Nebraska. The self proclaimed experts at Bisonville have said NDSU or Nebraska have no interest in such a game. These posters have no more insight or personal knowledge that the game wouldn't happen than those who were encouraged that it might. They were just playing the odds that it was a long shot. I am so impressed.

I think the interest is there, it's just a matter of if or when the schools make a deal.

JackJD
02-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Coach Pellini said on several occasions when he took over the program, he wasn't interested in playing FCS schools. Of course, scheduling was already in place so his team had to play FCS schools. I recall that later the AD made comments that indicated Nebraska would not foreclose the idea of scheduling FCS teams and Pellini hasn't said anything on the topic since then. I think the reality is Nebraska is essentially guaranteed a sellout so they want to schedule as many home games as possible and that means scheduling FCS schools willing to travel and take a paycheck. Finding a non-conference FBS team is difficult -- I suppose they, too, are trying to get an extra home game.

I think it makes sense that Coach Bohl's connection with Nebraska and the success he's having now combine to be a reason Nebraska would prefer to find a different FCS team if they have to schedule an FCS team. A Bohl-coached NDSU giving Nebraska a good game, win or lose, seems probable -- why would Nebraska want to risk that?

HuskerFan
02-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Coach Pellini said on several occasions when he took over the program, he wasn't interested in playing FCS schools. Of course, scheduling was already in place so his team had to play FCS schools. I recall that later the AD made comments that indicated Nebraska would not foreclose the idea of scheduling FCS teams and Pellini hasn't said anything on the topic since then. I think the reality is Nebraska is essentially guaranteed a sellout so they want to schedule as many home games as possible and that means scheduling FCS schools willing to travel and take a paycheck. Finding a non-conference FBS team is difficult -- I suppose they, too, are trying to get an extra home game.

I think it makes sense that Coach Bohl's connection with Nebraska and the success he's having now combine to be a reason Nebraska would prefer to find a different FCS team if they have to schedule an FCS team. A Bohl-coached NDSU giving Nebraska a good game, win or lose, seems probable -- why would Nebraska want to risk that?

You make good points, but if Nebraska was really worried about the risks, then why would they schedule SDSU again for next year. I was at the last SDSU/Neb game, and SDSU played their ass off in that game, and almost got the upset.

TransAmBison
02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Don't bother thinking or posting about a possibility of a game with Nebraska. The self proclaimed experts at Bisonville have said NDSU or Nebraska have no interest in such a game. These posters have no more insight or personal knowledge that the game wouldn't happen than those who were encouraged that it might. They were just playing the odds that it was a long shot. I am so impressed.So I'll take that as a shot at me. I was careful to say "I believe". It is what I believe I heard and I stand behind it but I can't remember for sure where I heard it so I do not "know" it.

CAS4127
02-24-2012, 04:20 PM
So I'll take that as a shot at me. I was careful to say "I believe". It is what I believe I heard and I stand behind it but I can't remember for sure where I heard it so I do not "know" it. I know you are disappointed...but taking shots are not needed...

All we know right now for sure is Kolpack's tweet that said "Gene has not talked with Nebraska" and that Nebraska has scheduled Idawhore State for the 22nd of Sept. this year. We really have nothing solid on years to come other than we have at least 1 FBS team on the schedule for the next several years. We also know that both Gene and Bohl have stated publicly that they prefer only 1 FBS game per year. That may change if we continue to have difficulty scheduling FCS schools for the Dome.

There, now you guys can go lay by your dish!! Good dogs!!

TransAmBison
02-24-2012, 04:24 PM
All we know right now for sure is Kolpack's tweet that said "Gene has not talked with Nebraska" and that Nebraska has scheduled Idawhore State for the 22nd of Sept. this year. We really have nothing solid on years to come other than we have at least 1 FBS team on the schedule for the next several years. We also know that both Gene and Bohl have stated publicly that they prefer only 1 FBS game per year. That may change if we continue to have difficulty scheduling FCS schools for the Dome.

There, now you guys can go lay by your dish!! Good dogs!!What I had heard was from a number of years back...nothing current...that is why I thought it was a little more believable as anything out currently is pure speculation.

SDbison
02-24-2012, 06:28 PM
So I'll take that as a shot at me. I was careful to say "I believe". It is what I believe I heard and I stand behind it but I can't remember for sure where I heard it so I do not "know" it. You were far from the only one and if I had to point out one person my post was directed at it was not you (think ChucksBucks). Yes, Kolpack said something about NDSU not talking to Nebraska, but that is only as good as his sources, or the fact NDSU did not want to disclose anything. Also, NDSU could have had a conversation with Nebraska an hour after he talked with them. I cannot believe NDSU has not or ever will talk to Nebraska about a football game.
The fact Idaho State got picked tells me one of two things: Nebraska did contact NDSU and was told No, or Nebraska was worried about playing NDSU and skipped over the possibility. NDSU and Idaho State were the only vaguely recognizable names in FCS that were available for a game on Sept 22.

TransAmBison
02-24-2012, 06:33 PM
You were far from the only one and if I had to point out one person my post was directed at it was not you (think ChucksBucks). Yes, Kolpack said something about NDSU not talking to Nebraska, but that is only as good as his sources, or the fact NDSU did not want to disclose anything. Also, NDSU could have had a conversation with Nebraska an hour after he talked with them. I cannot believe NDSU has not or ever will talk to Nebraska about a football game.
The fact Idaho State got picked tells me one of two things: Nebraska did contact NDSU and was told No, or Nebraska was worried about playing NDSU and skipped over the possibility. NDSU and Idaho State were the only vaguely recognizable names in FCS that were available for a game on Sept 22.This does play into what I was told before...that Nebraska does not want to play NDSU and did not contact NDSU. I do believe NDSU has contacted Nebraska in the past...that is how they found out Nebraska does not have interest in playing NDSU. I really think there is angst against Bohl.

CAS4127
02-24-2012, 06:38 PM
This does play into what I was told before...that Nebraska does not want to play NDSU and did not contact NDSU. I do believe NDSU has contacted Nebraska in the past...that is how they found out Nebraska does not have interest in playing NDSU. I really think there is angst against Bohl.

OK, Portly Rob!!! You know, I would not be surprised to see him write a blog on this now, just to rattle NDSU's cage a bit and to portray us similar to UND. You know, like UND's nickname is causing them scheduling problems, and now our FB coach is causing us scheduling problems. Who needs facts, when fiction and speculation suffice???!!!

TransAmBison
02-24-2012, 06:40 PM
OK, Portly Rob!!! You know, I would not be surprised to see him write a blog on this now, just to rattle NDSU's cage a bit and to portray us similar to UND. You know, like UND's nickname is causing them scheduling problems, and now our FB coach is causing us scheduling problems. Who needs facts, when fiction and speculation suffice???!!!Ok, I guess. :confused:

SDbison
02-24-2012, 06:41 PM

There, now you guys can go lay by your dish!! Good dogs!! Why don't you go bedazzle some more of your jeans.

Bisondan
02-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Tony,

Can the section 21 clowns please go argue about each others jeans in Tranny's playground.

This is a serious football forum, and as such, should be limited to threads started by the likes of Justin Tyem.

Let's get back to threads like: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?27093-2011-12-NDSU-Bison-Football-Season-Highlights

TransAmBison
02-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Tony,

Can the section 21 clowns please go argue about each others jeans in Tranny's playground.

This is a serious football forum, and as such, should be limited to threads started by the likes of Justin Tyem.Thread drifter. Boom...roasted! Oh wait, wrong thread. Oh crap, now I've thread drifted aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

SDbison
02-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Thread drifter. Boom...roasted! Oh wait, wrong thread. Oh crap, now I've thread drifted aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Not Again!

SDbison
02-24-2012, 06:53 PM
I really think this thread had a good life, with more than it's fair share of struggles and can now fittingly be put to rest. RIP.

CAS4127
02-24-2012, 06:59 PM
I really think this thread had a good life, with more than it's fair share of struggles and can now fittingly be put to rest. RIP.

OK interweb forum mortician!!! God Bless you Nebraska game thread!!

TransAmBison
02-24-2012, 07:08 PM
I will take it that this thread is now mine to do with as I please. May I introduce Answer Guy...take a bow Answer Guy. Now do something funny.

KSBisonFan
02-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Tick....tock.....in before the lock!

JackJD
02-24-2012, 08:05 PM
You make good points, but if Nebraska was really worried about the risks, then why would they schedule SDSU again for next year. I was at the last SDSU/Neb game, and SDSU played their ass off in that game, and almost got the upset.

Just a little more drifting and then it will crash on the reef....

I wouldn't use the word worried. I think it is a practical position for an FBS coach, particularly at a program having the stature of Nebraska, to eliminate such risks. The administrators having some input in scheduling may have a different thought. If I had to speculate, I'd guess the difference between scheduling SDSU and NDSU may come down to just a few differences: 1) Coach Bohl's former association with Nebraska (of which, Pellini could not care less but there are some who've been around a little longer who may have some strong feelings); 2) throw in a little bit of 'next-door-neighbor' to make the SDSU game a little more attractive -- lots of SDSU alums in the Omaha/Lincoln area; and 3) now that we made ourselves known two seasons ago, some will be curious to see what we can do to improve our game plan and the results (from our perspective). [Maybe it's Transam's Big-Bird coat? Or, SDSU doesn't have a Lakesbison?]

(Continuing with the thread-drift: As many of your know, Bo's brother Carl Pellini has taken over the head coaching position at Florida Atlantic U. He hired SDSU's offensive line coach, Meadows, as his offensive line coach. There are some great pictures of the Jackrabbit O-line flattening the Cornhusker's defense -- Carl seemed to remember that.)

SamsRams
02-25-2012, 02:14 AM
Don't bother thinking or posting about a possibility of a game with Nebraska. The self proclaimed experts at Bisonville have said NDSU or Nebraska have no interest in such a game. These posters have no more insight or personal knowledge that the game wouldn't happen than those who were encouraged that it might. They were just playing the odds that it was a long shot. I am so impressed.

I to am impressed with people who let their imagination run wild. Its impressive to speculate about something that had no possibility of happening outside of their imagination. I think it would be great if these same posters would get upset every time Sam touches the ball next year and doesnt score a touchdown. Because this is a message board and it makes sense to imagine Sam scoring over 100 touchdowns next year and being the #1 draft pick in the NFL. Dont ridicule those posters if they suggest this just because its impossible. They imagined it so we have to discuss it as a real possibility. If he doesnt score every time he touches the ball then he is scared of competition and we should all be uspet that the fans didnt get what they wanted. We dont care if they just won a NC and have a system that they feel will make NDSU a top FCS program year in and year out. Let our imagination run wild people, because if we can think of it, then it is possible even if it is not!!

Anyone have any word on Dennis Green being the new graduate assistant? If he doenst take the job then he is scared of competition and NDSU sucks for not hiring him!!

CaBisonFan
02-25-2012, 03:09 AM
Just a little more drifting and then it will crash on the reef....

I wouldn't use the word worried. I think it is a practical position for an FBS coach, particularly at a program having the stature of Nebraska, to eliminate such risks. The administrators having some input in scheduling may have a different thought. If I had to speculate, I'd guess the difference between scheduling SDSU and NDSU may come down to just a few differences: 1) Coach Bohl's former association with Nebraska (of which, Pellini could not care less but there are some who've been around a little longer who may have some strong feelings); 2) throw in a little bit of 'next-door-neighbor' to make the SDSU game a little more attractive -- lots of SDSU alums in the Omaha/Lincoln area; and 3) now that we made ourselves known two seasons ago, some will be curious to see what we can do to improve our game plan and the results (from our perspective). [Maybe it's Transam's Big-Bird coat? Or, SDSU doesn't have a Lakesbison?]

(Continuing with the thread-drift: As many of your know, Bo's brother Carl Pellini has taken over the head coaching position at Florida Atlantic U. He hired SDSU's offensive line coach, Meadows, as his offensive line coach. There are some great pictures of the Jackrabbit O-line flattening the Cornhusker's defense -- Carl seemed to remember that.)

4. They don't want to lose to an FCS team.

IzzyFlexion
02-25-2012, 01:45 PM
This does play into what I was told before...that Nebraska does not want to play NDSU and did not contact NDSU. I do believe NDSU has contacted Nebraska in the past...that is how they found out Nebraska does not have interest in playing NDSU. I really think there is angst against Bohl.

Most likely.
So, if that is the case, then why wouldn't (Neb) push to get the Bison on the schedule so that they could embarrass Bohl by thumping the Bison by 40?
Well, it's painfully obvious to me that that at the end of the game ....... the possibility of the "lets embarrass Bohl" concept could very well backfire to the tune of an NDSU win. So instead, let's schedule Idaho State (even though we have an unwritten policy to not play FCS schools.)

Perfect......Now they will have 70,000 fans clad in red that stop cheering after the Huskers' 3rd touchdown in the first quarter......and about 12 Idaho State fans cheering for their team to get a first down before the start of the 4th quarter.

Now, hypothetically, if Gene was approached with discussions about taking the Herd to Lincoln and turned it down, then that's a completely different stroy. A story that I don't want to think about having happened.

SDbison
02-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Most likely.
So, if that is the case, then why wouldn't (Neb) push to get the Bison on the schedule so that they could embarrass Bohl by thumping the Bison by 40?
Well, it's painfully obvious to me that that at the end of the game ....... the possibility of the "lets embarrass Bohl" concept could very well backfire to the tune of an NDSU win. So instead, let's schedule Idaho State (even though we have an unwritten policy to not play FCS schools.)

Perfect......Now they will have 70,000 fans clad in red that stop cheering after the Huskers' 3rd touchdown in the first quarter......and about 12 Idaho State fans cheering for their team to get a first down before the start of the 4th quarter.

Now, hypothetically, if Gene was approached with discussions about taking the Herd to Lincoln and turned it down, then that's a completely different stroy. A story that I don't want to think about having happened. Izzy you have to stop posting like this..........the thought police (SamsRams) will soon descend upon you to tell you how such thoughts are not wanted or warranted. We should all wait for so called well connected posters (who usually don't know much more than anyone else) to tell us what is and what is not possible. Now go gather some facts and only post what is 100% fact.

riceweb
02-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Long thread, but I think it had been mentioned before that cost was probably a factor for both teams. Nebraska and NDSU both wanted home games more than they wanted a match-up with some drama.

IzzyFlexion
02-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Izzy you have to stop posting like this..........the thought police (SamsRams) will soon descend upon you to tell you how such thoughts are not wanted or warranted. We should all wait for so called well connected posters (who usually don't know much more than anyone else) to tell us what is and what is not possible. Now go gather some facts and only post what is 100% fact.

Good point.
I'll wait patiently for the announcement of Wesuckshit State University vs NDSU at the dome on September 22nd. But hey, it'll be a D-1 win.

So silly of me to think of forward progress for a program that should be focused on building on the momentum gained by a Championship season.

I don't give a flying F**K if this game was never really a possibility. But if it was on the table............then opportunity missed. Good thing for Stig that he will have yet another opportunity to expose Nebraska kids to another option when it comes to post high school football oportunities. NDSU should be satisfied with their tiny handful of studs picked up from the Husker state.

Oh, and for the record, I DO NOT want NDSU to go FBS. I want NDSU to show the Montanas and the UNIs and the Appys how to build an FCS dynasty.

SDbison
02-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Good point.
I'll wait patiently for the announcement of Wesuckshit State University vs NDSU at the dome on September 22nd. But hey, it'll be a D-1 win.

So silly of me to think of forward progress for a program that should be focused on building on the momentum gained by a Championship season.

I don't give a flying F**K if this game was never really a possibility. But if it was on the table............then opportunity missed. Good thing for Stig that he will have yet another opportunity to expose Nebraska kids to another option when it comes to post high school football oportunities. NDSU should be satisfied with their tiny handful of studs picked up from the Husker state.

Oh, and for the record, I DO NOT want NDSU to go FBS. I want NDSU to show the Montanas and the UNIs and the Appys how to build an FCS dynasty. Amen Brother!
What bothers me is how SDSU will likely get a big boost for the improvement of their football program by scheduling Nebraska. Kind of like how UND boosted their DII football program by having regional TV coverage of their games in the 1990's (out recruited NDSU) while NDSU did nothing. Sometimes NDSU's attitide of we are champions works to their own demise.

riceweb
02-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Wow, in the realm of pity parties, this is Jay-Z on New Years Eve territory.

See if you can follow. You are basically asking the Bison to play 2 FBS teams within 3 weeks all while playing what are probably the other top 2 teams in the conference all before the snow flies? FBS games have a strong possibilities of being losses so if they win at Robert Morris, lose the FBS games and split the UNI/Youngstown game, they will be going into the ISUb game at 2-3. That isn't building momentum, that's killing it.

This is why dopes like you and Lakes aren't the AD, Gene Taylor is. He is smart enough to sustain momentum instead of running straight into a buzzsaw with your dick out.

Definitely better to be undefeated or a one-loss team than to justifiable losses. If NDSU finishes 8-3, it just won't have the cachet of finishing 10-1, even if the schedule was dramatically weaker. Look no further than FBS teams like Boise St, TCU, etc. They understand that the best way to start building national respect is to continue piling on 10-win seasons.

That said, if there were a path where the Bison could move to the FBS and still win at least 9 games per year....

IzzyFlexion
02-25-2012, 03:53 PM

See if you can follow. You are basically asking the Bison to play 2 FBS teams within 3 weeks all while playing what are probably the other top 2 teams in the conference all before the snow flies? FBS games have a strong possibilities of being losses so if they win at Robert Morris, lose the FBS games and split the UNI/Youngstown game, they will be going into the ISUb game at 2-3. That isn't building momentum, that's killing it.

This is why dopes like you and Lakes aren't the AD, Gene Taylor is. He is smart enough to sustain momentum instead of running straight into a buzzsaw with your dick out.

So, your opinion is so correct that you need to call me a dope? Hope you feel better about yourself.
UNI plays Iowa, Wisconsin, and Youngstown, and a patsie before playing NDSU with no bye week.
No matter who NDSU finishes their schedule with, it's either going to be the 15th or the 22nd, not both. (so 1 of those weeks will be an off week).

OMFG, we win a national title and now we're supposed to continue to fear the MIGHTY PANTHERS!
Nice loser mentality.
Oh, and if you're waiting for me to call you a name in retalliation, it's not gonna happen. Show some class and stop embarrassing yourself.

Grizzled
02-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Definitely better to be undefeated or a one-loss team than to justifiable losses. If NDSU finishes 8-3, it just won't have the cachet of finishing 10-1, even if the schedule was dramatically weaker. Look no further than FBS teams like Boise St, TCU, etc. They understand that the best way to start building national respect is to continue piling on 10-win seasons.

That said, if there were a path where the Bison could move to the FBS and still win at least 9 games per year....

Boise St. has the "schedule anyone, anywhere" approach we used to have with scheduling. Bigger schools do not want to schedule them as they have proven they can and will win a one time game vs. Oklahoma, Alabama, or Virginia Tech.

SDbison
02-25-2012, 03:57 PM

This is why dopes like you and Lakes aren't the AD, Gene Taylor is. He is smart enough to sustain momentum instead of running straight into a buzzsaw with your dick out. Go ahead and attack the poster, doesn't make your point any more valid. It's not like dozens of FCS teams haven't played two FBS teams in one season in the last several years. Playing a super patsie does nothing to sustain momentum either. And Gene is getting legitimate criticism for not closing open spots in the schedule years before versus months before a season starts. This is a messageboard not NDSU's one sided worship place.

riceweb
02-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Boise St. has the "schedule anyone, anywhere" approach we used to have with scheduling. Bigger schools do not want to schedule them as they have proven they can and will win a one time game vs. Oklahoma, Alabama, or Virginia Tech.

They kinda do. They also want to be paid a boatload of money. which detracts most teams from scheduling them. If Boise St had lost to UGA this year, though, their reputation would have been killed.

I think NDSU would do better to schedule teams like Minnesota, Marshall, Tulane, Troy, La Tech, etc. Still FBS, still some prestige when beating them, but not much real risk of losing either. Maybe play 2 FBS teams per year, put yourself in a position where you can win both games, et voila. You keep the 10-win season possibility alive, and your strength of schedule is still impressive.

Fightin' Bison
02-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Look no further than FBS teams like Boise St, TCU, etc. They understand that the best way to start building national respect is to continue piling on 10-win seasons.

Are you high? Boise St plays the OOC it can get. In years past it has traveled to VA Tech and Georgia to start the season. Not afraid to start Sept 0-1 if it means a chance at a quality win. Boise has a lot of different considerations to look at in scheduling as BCS member so the comparison its Mott only factually wrong, out is unjustified.

Bison 4 Life
02-25-2012, 04:14 PM
So, your opinion is so correct that you need to call me a dope? Hope you feel better about yourself.
UNI plays Iowa, Wisconsin, and Youngstown, and a patsie before playing NDSU with no bye week.
No matter who NDSU finishes their schedule with, it's either going to be the 15th or the 22nd, not both. (so 1 of those weeks will be an off week).

OMFG, we win a national title and now we're supposed to continue to fear the MIGHTY PANTHERS!
Nice loser mentality.
Oh, and if you're waiting for me to call you a name in retalliation, it's not gonna happen. Show some class and stop embarrassing yourself.

UNI has to play 2 FBS teams because they are broke and looking for a payday. GT has the luxury of waiting for a home game because he has the $$$ to pay for it.

SDbison
02-25-2012, 04:16 PM
UNI has to play 2 FBS teams because they are broke and looking for a payday. GT has the luxury of waiting for a home game because he has the $$$ to pay for it. Gene has the luxury of waiting? Sorry, but I think he waited too long and now NDSU has shit for options.

Bison 4 Life
02-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Gene has the luxury of waiting? Sorry, but I think he waited too long and now NDSU has shit for options.

Well St. Francis drew 18k, was a huge win and let them roll into Minnesota with a lot of confidence and good reps for all teams. They only won the NC so I guess it was a shit option that ruined the whole season.

westnodak93bison
02-25-2012, 04:37 PM
Lots of naysayers posting. When has Gene failed us? We can speculate all we want about what he is trying to do etc. but we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe Gene & Bohl wanted NE and they wouldnt cooperate? Maybe few FCS teams want to come to the dome and get their asses kicked. I'm sure scheduling is much more difficult than most of us realize.

IzzyFlexion
02-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Lots of naysayers posting. When has Gene failed us? We can speculate all we want about what he is trying to do etc. but we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe Gene & Bohl wanted NE and they wouldnt cooperate? Maybe few FCS teams want to come to the dome and get their asses kicked. I'm sure scheduling is much more difficult than most of us realize.

I'd like to be clear about something.
I am not anti Gene Taylor.
I have known Gene since he came to NDSU. If you've ever had an opportunity to watch Gene on the sidelines of a Bison football game, he is as intense as the coaches. He hates losing and wants nothing but success for Bison athletics He has done a terrific job in guiding NDSU athletics since he started. I also realize that the opportunity to play the Huskers may never had existed. Therefore, I am in no way blaming Gene for a Husker game not being on the schedule. What I do want to see is for NDSU to become the premier FCS program in the country. One quarterfinal near miss and one championship does not define that wish. I am not a proponent of a soft schedule in order to be in a position to be seeded highly going into the post season. 11-0, 10-1, 9-2, 8-3........I couldn't care less. Yes, home playoff game are a tremendous advantage for the team and present fantastic opportunities for fans with regards to tailgaiting, alumni coming home for games, etc. If getting deep into the playoffs with an 8-3 record means going on the road because you had the balls to play "big boy" schools, then so be it.

riceweb
02-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Are you high? Boise St plays the OOC it can get.

There are two sides to this... Boise St has allegedly tried to schedule programs like Nebraska in the past but had demanded a very high payout.

Fightin' Bison
02-25-2012, 06:10 PM
I'd like to be clear about something.
I am not a proponent of a soft schedule in order to be in a position to be seeded highly going into the post season. 11-0, 10-1, 9-2, 8-3........I couldn't care less. Yes, home playoff game are a tremendous advantage for the team and present fantastic opportunities for fans with regards to tailgaiting, alumni coming home for games, etc. If getting deep into the playoffs with an 8-3 record means going on the road because you had the balls to play "big boy" schools, then so be it.

Why is it assumed that a loss to a good FBS team makes NDSU a lower seed in the FCS playoffs? Because GSU was lower seeded and lost to Alabama? For all we know that very respectable loss increased GSU's playoff seeding. I guarantee NDSU wasn't seeded higher because it beat St. Francis while GSU lost to Alabama. That's just ridiculous.

CaBisonFan
02-25-2012, 07:10 PM
If I were Taylor & Bohl...scheduling a game like Nebraska on the 22nd wouldn't have made much sense...

...mainly 'cause we're traveling to Iowa the following week. On the 15th it might have been a 'go.'

I'll say it again...does anyone here remember how difficult it was for the '07 team to finish the conference schedule after the big win at Minnesota?

I was 100 percent in favor of going to Nebraska...but I'm just trying to imagine the thought-process.

Their job is to prepare the team for a strong conference run, and to try to get home-field advantage in the playoffs. Anything that could distract from that would be viewed as a negative.

Bison 4 Life
02-25-2012, 07:15 PM
If I were Taylor & Bohl...scheduling a game like Nebraska on the 22nd wouldn't have made much sense...

...mainly 'cause we're traveling to Iowa the following week. On the 15th it might have been a 'go.'

I'll say it again...does anyone here remember how difficult it was for the '07 team to finish the conference schedule after the big win at Minnesota?

I was 100 percent in favor of going to Nebraska...but I'm just trying to imagine the thought-process.

Their job is to prepare the team for a strong conference run, and to try to get home-field advantage in the playoffs. Anything that could distract from that would be viewed as a negative.

This. Home field made all the difference in the playoffs this year. Look at NDSU vs. Montana or GSU. I think that looking at the big picture is what's important. Playing as many FBS teams as you can isn't how you prove yourself in FCS, it's playing at a consistently high level and remember, these guys are just 18-22 years old. You cannot underestimate what confidence and momentum can do for a football team.

Is NDSU scared to play these teams? No. It's just smart not to play so many of them in the same season, much less in the same month.

IzzyFlexion
02-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Why is it assumed that a loss to a good FBS team makes NDSU a lower seed in the FCS playoffs? Because GSU was lower seeded and lost to Alabama? For all we know that very respectable loss increased GSU's playoff seeding. I guarantee NDSU wasn't seeded higher because it beat St. Francis while GSU lost to Alabama. That's just ridiculous.

Well, GSU had two losses last season prior to the playoffs.

They lost on the road to Appy State by 4.
They lost at Alabama.

NDSU lost 1 game to unranked YSU.
NDSU won their road game against their only FBS opponent.

Just for fun, let's pretend both GSU and NDSU lose their road game against their respective FBS opponents. In this scenario, both teams would have been 9-2. Now, neither one of these teams would have been the number one seed. But, which team would have had the best argument to be seeded higher than the other?
Of course, algebraically, let's go ahead and cancel out those FBS losses and GSU would have been granted the higher seed. But, alas, that isn't the way that it played out so........higher seed goes to the Bison. So, yes. Despite giving Alabama a teriffic game, that loss cost them the #2 seed. Did the tough showing at Alabama ensure them the #2 vs. dropping down to the #3 or #4......probably.

If you're assuming that I'm assuming that NDSU will lose to Colorado State next year, then you've assumed incorrectly. I believe that 1 or 2 or even 3 conference losses is a more likely outcome vs losing to CSU.

My point with the 11-0, 10-1, 9-2, 8-3 has nothing to do with losing to whatever FBS school may or may not be on the schedule.

IzzyFlexion
02-25-2012, 08:21 PM

I'll say it again...does anyone here remember how difficult it was for the '07 team to finish the conference schedule after the big win at Minnesota?I was 100 percent in favor of going to Nebraska...but I'm just trying to imagine the thought-process.

If the '07 Bison win over the Gophers created a hangover effect setting the stage for a disappointing finish to that season, then why didn't the same thing happen in 2011? If that 2007 U of M game created that type of a stumble, then why did NDSU go back to Minneapolis in 2011? Did Gene, Craig and company not learn from the recent history of this scheduling strategy? No. They looked "Gopher Revenge" straight in the face and basically said........ef you. Our little green men will come down there and beat you agian. Now, after this David beats Goliath again rematch, the Bison should have just accepted their deal with the devil and proceeded to piss the rest the 2011 down their leg and once again hang their collective hats on beating Minnesota......................Wait............... ....didn't happen that way.
HISTORY CAN OFTEN BE OVERRATED, PEOPLE!

CaBisonFan
02-25-2012, 08:37 PM
If the '07 Bison win over the Gophers created a hangover effect setting the stage for a disappointing finish to that season, then why didn't the same thing happen in 2011? If that 2007 U of M game created that type of a stumble, then why did NDSU go back to Minneapolis in 2011? Did Gene, Craig and company not learn from the recent history of this scheduling strategy? No. They looked "Gopher Revenge" straight in the face and basically said........ef you. Our little green men will come down there and beat you agian. Now, after this David beats Goliath again rematch, the Bison should have just accepted their deal with the devil and proceeded to piss the rest the 2011 down their leg and once again hang their collective hats on beating Minnesota......................Wait............... ....didn't happen that way.
HISTORY CAN OFTEN BE OVERRATED, PEOPLE!

It was the timing of the game...and injuries to a few key players...both...and there 'was' a hangover. Football is an emotional game. We lost something.

The Bison never played well after the trip to MN...nadda...

Izzy...I wanted the Nebraska game as bad as anyone.

reformedUNDfan
02-25-2012, 08:40 PM

They lost at Alabama.

Just for fun, let's pretend both GSU and NDSU lose their road game against their respective FBS opponents. In this scenario, both teams would have been 9-2. Now, neither one of these teams would have been the number one seed. But, which team would have had the best argument to be seeded higher than the other?
Of course, algebraically, let's go ahead and cancel out those FBS losses and GSU would have been granted the higher seed. But, alas, that isn't the way that it played out so........higher seed goes to the Bison. So, yes. Despite giving Alabama a teriffic game, that loss cost them the #2 seed. Did the tough showing at Alabama ensure them the #2 vs. dropping down to the #3 or #4......probably.

If you're assuming that I'm assuming that NDSU will lose to Colorado State next year, then you've assumed incorrectly. I believe that 1 or 2 or even 3 conference losses is a more likely outcome vs losing to CSU.

My point with the 11-0, 10-1, 9-2, 8-3 has nothing to do with losing to whatever FBS school may or may not be on the schedule.

if gsu hadn't played a d2 and still lost to alabama they would have had the number 2 seed.

Fightin' Bison
02-25-2012, 08:42 PM

They lost at Alabama.

Still all about the FBS analysis. GSU's seeding had as much to do with who they beat, and how, than who they lost to. I would give GSU more points for a hard loss to Alabama, than NDSU gets for beating one of the worst teams in the Big 10. An algebraic cancellation? I don't think so.

Bison 4 Life
02-25-2012, 08:53 PM
if gsu hadn't played a d2 and still lost to alabama they would have had the number 2 seed.

This is exactly why big picture thinking is important in scheduling. As you grow up, you learn to think with your head instead of your dick.

IzzyFlexion
02-25-2012, 09:00 PM

Yeah, those pussies!
They only 62 points against a patsie. Better knock 'em down a few notches.

IzzyFlexion
02-25-2012, 09:06 PM
This is exactly why big picture thinking is important in scheduling. As you grow up, you learn to think with your head instead of your dick.

my, my.
You sure get angry when you can't win an argument.

stevdock
02-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Please let spring ball start soon so this board can become readable again. It (for the most part) just turns to crap after the season is over.

56BISON73
02-25-2012, 10:10 PM
my, my.
You sure get angry when you can't win an argument.

Izzy my man. Easy---- All he is saying is you have to schedule SMART. To propose throwing NE in to the open slot by using the bring on the competition mantra isnt smart and nothing more than a dick measuring contest.

What I find amusing is all of the hubbub over a game that wasnt even on the table but people are saying we missed an opportunity. Wow--just wow

reformedUNDfan
02-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Izzy my man. Easy---- All he is saying is you have to schedule SMART. To propose throwing NE in to the open slot by using the bring on the competition mantra isnt smart and nothing more than a dick measuring contest.

What I find amusing is all of the hubbub over a game that wasnt even on the table but people are saying we missed an opportunity. Wow--just wow

what I was saying is that because gsu played a d2 team they only had 8 wins, and they still almost got the #2 against a team over a team with 2 more wins, DSU. They got the three seed over several teams with more d1 wins, including lehigh, montana, msu and uni. GSU was absolutely not punished for playing alabama. Based on their record, GSU should have never even sniffed a seed.

the moral of the story is that as long as you make d1 8 wins, feel free to schedule the tough schools. Never schedule d2 schools. You guys should have been all over a second big payday game. I don't think tom osborne would have fallen for the back unless he was looking for a reason to can pelini, however.

56BISON73
02-25-2012, 10:22 PM
what I was saying is that because gsu played a d2 team they only had 8 wins, and they still almost got the #2 against a team over a team with 2 more wins, DSU. They got the three seed over several teams with more d1 wins, including lehigh, montana, msu and uni. GSU was absolutely not punished for playing alabama. Based on their record, GSU should have never even sniffed a seed.

the moral of the story is that as long as you make d1 8 wins, feel free to schedule the tough schools. Never schedule d2 schools. You guys should have been all over a second big payday game. I don't think tom osborne would have fallen for the back unless he was looking for a reason to can pelini, however.

My post was in regards to Bison4life. But thats ok. I like your explanation also.

IzzyFlexion
02-25-2012, 10:35 PM

Hey,
The guy calls me a dope for having an opinion (and lumping in with Lakes in doing so)..........then I'm gonna support my argument with some follow up.
I'm done.

56BISON73
02-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Hey,
The guy calls me a dope for having an opinion (and lumping in with Lakes in doing so)..........then I'm gonna support my argument with some follow up.
I'm done.

Sorry---forgot about the lakes reference.

tcbison
02-25-2012, 11:05 PM
The key is not to play a DII game and that better not happen this year. If the choice is between playing a DII team at home or a FBS money game, I would take the FBS money game every day and twice on Sunday. Ideally, we get a home FCS game but the chances of that is getting slim at this point.

Bison 4 Life
02-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Sorry---forgot about the lakes reference.

Yeah, it was a moment of intemperance but it was in response to this constant drumbeat of we have to prove something. It's just plain silly. It does become a dick measuring contest and really screws you when you break it down. I tell you, I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed to see a St. Francis again this year.

56BISON73
02-26-2012, 01:11 AM
Yeah, it was a moment of intemperance but it was in response to this constant drumbeat of we have to prove something. It's just plain silly. It does become a dick measuring contest and really screws you when you break it down. I tell you, I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed to see a St. Francis again this year.

Fact is the NE game wouldnt be bad. BUT as you said its not smart scheduling to play CSU, NE, UNI, and YSU In such a sort period of time and all of those are on the road. Not to mention that 3 of those games would be in a row and on the road. Put the dick back in the trousers and use some common sense is good advice.

SDbison
02-26-2012, 04:32 AM
Fact is the NE game wouldnt be bad. BUT as you said its not smart scheduling to play CSU, NE, UNI, and YSU In such a sort period of time and all of those are on the road. Not to mention that 3 of those games would be in a row and on the road. Put the dick back in the trousers and use some common sense is good advice. Bison 4 Life was the dick in this thread.

unbison
02-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Fact is the NE game wouldnt be bad. BUT as you said its not smart scheduling to play CSU, NE, UNI, and YSU In such a sort period of time and all of those are on the road. Not to mention that 3 of those games would be in a row and on the road. Put the dick back in the trousers and use some common sense is good advice.
hmmm
sounds like someone forgot their viagra, or is it that whole 4 hr thing that was discussed in a previous thread?

riceweb
02-26-2012, 03:59 PM

At some point in the future, the Bison are going to be facing better competition week-in, week-out if they have any desire to eventually move to the FBS, but it does still seem a bit premature to be playing Top 25 FBS teams considering how few years the program has had since moving to D1. It's especially premature to play Nebraska with any hopes of winning; it's one thing to beat a poorly-managed Minnesota club that's been in the dumps for decades, but it's something entirely different to beat 3-/4-star-heavy Nebraska at home in front of 85k fans.

There aren't any Sunbelt/MAC teams with that date open?

IzzyFlexion
02-26-2012, 04:31 PM
At some point in the future, the Bison are going to be facing better competition week-in, week-out if they have any desire to eventually move to the FBS, but it does still seem a bit premature to be playing Top 25 FBS teams considering how few years the program has had since moving to D1. It's especially premature to play Nebraska with any hopes of winning; it's one thing to beat a poorly-managed Minnesota club that's been in the dumps for decades, but it's something entirely different to beat 3-/4-star-heavy Nebraska at home in front of 85k fans.

There aren't any Sunbelt/MAC teams with that date open?

God, I know that I'm going to regret jumping back in here...............
So as not to be misconstured, I'll use a bullet point format.
1) It would be a regional game in an area where NDSU is sarting to make some good Nebraska in-roads. (I would NOT support an NDSU vs LSU type plan)

2) I, for one, do not believe NDSU would be blown out. (see SDSU vs Nebraska)

3) You can't put a price tag on that kind of exposure.

4) What a thrill for our players to play in that environment. (likely a big part in individual players' validation that signing on to be a Bison gave them a tremendous big game opportunity)

5) Sends a message to the UNIs of the region that NDSU is not afraid to go on the road, possibly jeopardize a bigger season record, and put some Bison blood and guts on a field where just a few ago would never have even been a possibility.

6) Nothing wrong with playing a Sun Belt or MAC team, but there's no real "magic" in having success there.

7) Yes, Minnesota is a perennial doormat in the Big Ten but it sure has helped raise NDSU's prominence as a regional threat.

8) I don't remember any naysaying when Iowa popped up on a future season schedule. They're on a bit of a down slope by are by no means a patsie Big Ten program.

Your turn flamers. But I'm gonna stand firm even though I understand the arguements from "unintelligent scheduling" camp.

riceweb
02-26-2012, 05:22 PM
1) It would be a regional game in an area where NDSU is sarting to make some good Nebraska in-roads. (I would NOT support an NDSU vs LSU type plan)

4) What a thrill for our players to play in that environment. (likely a big part in individual players' validation that signing on to be a Bison gave them a tremendous big game opportunity)

5) Sends a message to the UNIs of the region that NDSU is not afraid to go on the road, possibly jeopardize a bigger season record, and put some Bison blood and guts on a field where just a few ago would never have even been a possibility.

6) Nothing wrong with playing a Sun Belt or MAC team, but there's no real "magic" in having success there.

7) Yes, Minnesota is a perennial doormat in the Big Ten but it sure has helped raise NDSU's prominence as a regional threat.

8) I don't remember any naysaying when Iowa popped up on a future season schedule. They're on a bit of a down slope by are by no means a patsie Big Ten program.

Your turn flamers. But I'm gonna stand firm even though I understand the arguements from "unintelligent scheduling" camp.

I don't disagree with any of your points, Izzy. There are lots of potential upsides to playing Nebraska, and I personally would have loved to watch the game (I'm a big Husker fan, too, so it's a win-win for me). But from my perspective, the game would also carry a lot of risk, so maybe it's for the best that NDSU has to find another opponent.

Hammerhead
02-26-2012, 05:34 PM
If you are looking to gain national exposure to the typical college football fan, Beating Central Michigan again won't do it. That might help recruiting expand further east and get a few kids who aren't recruited by the national power, but the average Joe following a Pac-12 or SEC team probably doesn't know half the teams in FBS conferences that don't get an automatic bid to one of the BCS bowls.

Even a 14-point loss to Nebraska would look impressive to most people, even if the Bison don't consider it a "morale booster" to lose.

6) Nothing wrong with playing a Sun Belt or MAC team, but there's no real "magic" in having success there..

56BISON73
02-26-2012, 07:12 PM

Good post Izzy. As I posted NE would be a good game for us. The timing this year just wasnt good for us.

roadwarrior
02-26-2012, 07:24 PM
The timing this year just wasnt good for us.

This is the bottom line of this whole discussion.

WYOBISONMAN
02-26-2012, 07:24 PM

I am in agreement with this thought process. The object is to return to the playoffs with a healthy team playing well with few injury issues. One FBS game that is against an opponent that we have a chance to beat is reasonable and economically right. I would be concerned about playing two. Why risk both the physical and mental injuries that a second FBS game could bring. A team like St. Francis helps the Bison get game experience while taking minimal risk. Damn folks......I want another trip to Frisco!!! That was a lot of fun!!

CalBison97
02-26-2012, 07:30 PM

To add to the fun...I don't get worked up anywhere near like some of you do.

1) Agree

2) 50/50 chance...but I don't believe Nebraska would overlook the champs and the FBS slayer reputation we've built

3) If we win or keep it close, then yes for sure...negative exposure if an unfortunate result occurs

4) Thrill to play yes, but I would think back-2-back National Championships would mean more

5) Message already sent: 2011-12 National Champions...I think we've earned their respect. If not, who cares?

6) I still enjoy defeating any FBS school with 20+ more scholarships than us. On paper, we have no business winning, but magically continue to do so.

7) We own UM, that is why we are a regional threat. Our region is ripe for the taking.

8) Iowa is somewhat similar to Kansas. Have had decent years and fairly marginal years. Aside from 1 or 2 semi-recent national runs, both are back to being closer to the marginal spectrum of their conference. Plus, I don't believe we are entertaining playing 2 FBS schools in Iowa's year.

I'd love to play Nebraska when it would play to our schedule more favorably than this year's. My opinion is that our #1 goal is to win National Championships. And for this year, the possibility of a 2-2, 1-3, 0-4 start is much too real and will put a huge dent in our ability to do so. I live in FBS country, tire of the FBS and all of the complaining, and tire of computers instead of humans deciding championships; therefore could care less about moving up (for the time being). If we do, say goodbye to football championships because we'll NEVER get the opportunity. Let's be the kings of the FCS for awhile and stay on ESPN and SportsCenter...we have a real chance at that.

CaBisonFan
02-26-2012, 07:36 PM
There's a real chance that we'll be 4-0 after the first four games...no matter who we play. Where is this 2-2, 1-3, 0-4 stuff coming from?

Thought that this board was about the Bison.

Bison 4 Life
02-26-2012, 07:56 PM
This is the bottom line of this whole discussion.

And the crux of my entire argument.

There's a real chance that we'll be 4-0 after the first four games...no matter who we play. Where is this 2-2, 1-3, 0-4 stuff coming from?

There is no question that the hardest part of the schedule is at the front. They are playing a FBS team which on paper is always a more likely loss than a win, coupled with 3 of the best teams in the conference and 2 they haven't had consistent success with makes it very concerning.

CaBisonFan
02-26-2012, 08:21 PM
And the crux of my entire argument.

There is no question that the hardest part of the schedule is at the front. They are playing a FBS team which on paper is always a more likely loss than a win, coupled with 3 of the best teams in the conference and 2 they haven't had consistent success with makes it very concerning.

The strength of our conference foes has been difficult to predict.

There isn't one game on the schedule where we would be the underdog.

So we're discussing having a losing record 4 to 6 games into the schedule.

I'm sorry...but that isn't how things work here.

I'm concerned about nothing.

CalBison97
02-26-2012, 08:35 PM

Bison board or not, let's be real: had Nebraska also been scheduled, the first 4 away games would have been difficult to get through. At FBS CSU, at UNI, and at YSU (I think, but may be wrong, who happened to beat us at home) will be a challenge. Plus a possible championship hangover and a huge target on our back we will need to endure.

NDSUBowler
02-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Bison board or not, let's be real: had Nebraska also been scheduled, the first 4 away games would have been difficult to get through. At FBS CSU, at UNI, and at YSU (I think, but may be wrong, who happened to beat us at home) will be a challenge. Plus a possible championship hangover and a huge target on our back we will need to endure.
YSU is our homecoming game this year.

DjKyRo
02-26-2012, 08:49 PM
A Nebraska beat writer just tweeted that NDSU declined a game when contacted by the Huskers.

Samuel McKewon (https://twitter.com/#!/swmckewonOWH/status/172820947865317376):

N. Dakota St. AD confirmed to me NU contacted NDSU about 2012 game, but NDSU declined because it already had Colorado State on the schedule.

SDbison
02-26-2012, 08:58 PM
A Nebraska beat writer just tweeted that NDSU declined a game when contacted by the Huskers.

Samuel McKewon (https://twitter.com/#!/swmckewonOWH/status/172820947865317376): Take that SamsRams..................

CalBison97
02-26-2012, 09:03 PM
YSU is our homecoming game this year.

Thanks for the verification, NDSUBowler. That sounds better than at their house!

CaBisonFan
02-26-2012, 09:11 PM
There will be 'no' championship hangover. If Nebraska had been on the schedule that would have been a big question mark...but I would have expected the Bison to play them very strong...a toss up. It would have been one helluva game...no doubt...with Nebraska slightly favored. If SDSU can go down there and give them a hard time...well...

Our players and coaches will consider the next games to be a continuation of the past season. We have a target on our backs...for sure...but it's the right kind of target for Bison football.

The tradition says that we carry it very well...and with a nice, consistent swagger...the kind that makes home teams a little intimidated...frankly...

TransAmBison
02-26-2012, 09:27 PM
So much for TAB's source. :facepalm:

reformedUNDfan
02-26-2012, 09:36 PM
Good post Izzy. As I posted NE would be a good game for us. The timing this year just wasnt good for us.

the timing was great

two cupcakes, bye week, NU, cupcake, ysu isu-b, cupcake, siu, cupcake, sdsu, isu-r.

nu should be down next year, while the bison should be very good again. would you perfer to play NU when they are back up and ndsu is not the favorite to win back to back titles?

BisonTeacher
02-26-2012, 09:43 PM
the timing was great

two cupcakes, bye week, NU, cupcake, ysu isu-b, cupcake, siu, cupcake, sdsu, isu-r.

nu should be down next year, while the bison should be very good again. would you perfer to play NU when they are back up and ndsu is not the favorite to win back to back titles?

NU? Northwestern? :biggrin:

Bison 4 Life
02-26-2012, 09:46 PM
the timing was great

A down year coming off a 9 win season and 13 3 and 4 star recruits signed. Yeah, they would be quaking in their boots.

reformedUNDfan
02-26-2012, 09:47 PM
both schools go by NU

BisonTeacher
02-26-2012, 09:52 PM
maybe I'm wrong...but I thought it was the University of Nebraska, not Nebraska University. That's like calling the University of Minnesota.... MU

reformedUNDfan
02-26-2012, 09:53 PM
A down year coming off a 9 win season and 13 3 and 4 star recruits signed. Yeah, they would be quaking in their boots.

you realize that this is a thread about nebraska football, right? 9-4 is pretty awful for them, and that's a pretty bleh recruiting class by their standards. Going back to 1970, it easily one of their 10 worst seasons.

Mr. Burgundy
02-26-2012, 10:06 PM
maybe I'm wrong...but I thought it was the University of Nebraska, not Nebraska University. That's like calling the University of Minnesota.... MU

Nebraska goes by NU.

riceweb
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
you realize that this is a thread about nebraska football, right? 9-4 is pretty awful for them, and that's a pretty bleh recruiting class by their standards. Going back to 1970, it easily one of their 10 worst seasons.

I'm not sure if there's a point about NDSU's odds there, but I'm not sure that this says anything about how well NDSU would fare. People keep bringing up SDSU a couple years ago, but let's not forget that Nebraska beat up on Chattanooga 40-7 last year and @ Wyoming 38-14. So depending on which Nebraska team shows up, it could easily be a blowout for NDSU.

Also, Nebraska nearly lost to Ball St a few years back, 41-40:

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=272650158

But since that time, Ball St hasn't grown as a university. The near-win didn't rejuvenate their athletic department. Nope, they're still the same old lousy Ball St. I understand that Ball St is in a region crowded with D1 football programs whereas NDSU is the premier football program in the state (and possibly tri-state region including Minnesota), but there's some evidence to suggest that near-wins don't have much long-term impact on a program.

All that said, I would have paid a boatload to go to the game.

BisonTeacher
02-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Nebraska goes by NU.

My apologies. Its still stupid.

Bisondan
02-26-2012, 10:15 PM
My apologies. Its still stupid.

The late Tupac Amaru Shakur, who is often credited with writing the Nebraska fight song, has been quoted in numerous publications as basically saying Nebraska U just had better feel to it than U Nebraska.

http://www.lyricsondemand.com/miscellaneouslyrics/fightsongslyrics/nebraskafightsonglyrics.html

CaBisonFan
02-26-2012, 10:22 PM

No...you're not wrong. When spoken and written in full, it's the University of Nebraska. When abbreviated, it's NU. Maybe UN didn't work too well, seeing how they're not an international organization...nor did it feel like a very positive name.

BisonTeacher
02-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Say hi U.N. !!!!!

IzzyFlexion
02-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Where has CAS been in all of this?
I'd like to hear his thoughts.
Not for validation.......in fact, I kinda hope he comes on here and tells me to STFU about this so that I can let it go!! :hide:

BisonTeacher
02-26-2012, 11:22 PM
I just texted my buddy who is a huge Nebraska fan. He said...they say it both ways. UN, and NU. But in Nebraska they say UNL...University Nebraska Lincoln.

56BISON73
02-26-2012, 11:26 PM
the timing was great

You forgot to use purple fonts.

North Side
02-26-2012, 11:29 PM
I just texted my buddy who is a huge Nebraska fan. He said...they say it both ways. UN, and NU. But in Nebraska they say UNL...University Nebraska Lincoln.
That makes complete sense because they also say UNO for Omaha.

sambini
02-26-2012, 11:39 PM
I just texted my buddy who is a huge Nebraska fan. He said...they say it both ways. UN, and NU. But in Nebraska they say UNL...University Nebraska Lincoln. My niece and nephew are alums they go by UNL.

BisonTeacher
02-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Either way I was wrong. :biggrin:

Twentysix
02-27-2012, 12:02 AM
My niece and nephew are alums they go by UNL.

Agreed, the school goes by UNL its very common to hear a fan say NU, not very common to hear UN.

Probably the most common identifier is "N" (A giant red N, they are literally everywhere in Lincoln, and most of Nebraska for that matter)

As someone with an account on MyRED I'd sure hope so bisondan

Hammerhead
02-29-2012, 02:14 AM
I can understand why NDSU said no, but was looking forward to seeing how the Bison fair against better BCS team. I was even thinking about crashing the game watch party at a bar near Seattle. The watch party for the first Bison/Gophers game was up there and our game was right after a Nebraska game. Literally everyone in that bar (including the employees) was wearing Husker red. Luckily, Nebraska lost so they all left right away giving us more room to sit. :)