Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: post spring game analysis

Default Re: post spring game analysis

OK--thanks. Let's just hope he is doing better now, and, if he has to take summer courses, he gets after it.

P.S. I heard Note took mostly summer courses, as the "bell curve" method was much lower in the summer--as in students who had to take summer courses were normally challenged academically (He fit right in at about the middle, in other words).
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I did not here that he was academically ineligable this Spring. What was said, from what I recall, is that he was not going to participate in Spring ball so that he could concentrate on his academics/grades. I interpreted that to mean that he might have been on the edge academically, and that having more time to focus on his class work would likely result in him being eligible this Fall. NO??!!
    This was my original impression of the situation as well.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    OK--thanks. Let's just hope he is doing better now, and, if he has to take summer courses, he gets after it.

P.S. I heard Note took mostly summer courses, as the "bell curve" method was much lower in the summer--as in students who had to take summer courses were normally challenged academically (He fit right in at about the middle, in other words).
    im taking summer classes

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    im taking summer classes
    Proof positive!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    It has been said through several sources that Sigers is in fact ineligible. Had we made the championship game (insert crushed weeping here) he would not have been able to participate as this semester's eligibility statuses would have been applied.
    Really, what sources? Coach Bohl? Coach Vigen? His mother's sisters cousin?
    Say hello to my little friend!

Quote Originally Posted by SavageBison View Post
    Really, what sources? Coach Bohl? Coach Vigen? His mother's sisters cousin?
    IMHO, this topic should be left alone. Hopefully he is back on the field this fall for his sake and the team.

I agree.

I would like to remember Mike as the fun-loving older brother of Carol and Ben and leave it at that.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    It has been said through several sources that Sigers is in fact ineligible. Had we made the championship game (insert crushed weeping here) he would not have been able to participate as this semester's eligibility statuses would have been applied.
    I don't agree with that characterization at all. I don't know who you are citing as "several sources", but I only care what the horse's mouth says.

Bohl said he wanted Sigers to take the spring off to get his academics in order. He did NOT say he was academically ineligible. That is a big difference especially when players have become academically ineligible Bohl has simply stated that they were. He did NOT say that in the case of Sigers.

My understanding was that he did poorly in the fall and was just barely eligible. Bohl wanted him to get his GPA up and out of the trouble zone. I think Bohl was just being proactive and was acting on the advice of the academic advisors. The one thing Bohl has always exceled at is making sure his student-athletes are students first and that they take care of academics. He monitors this very, very closely which is why NDSU is always near the top in APR year after year.

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I don't agree with that characterization at all. I don't know who you are citing as "several sources", but I only care what the horse's mouth says.

Bohl said he wanted Sigers to take the spring off to get his academics in order. He did NOT say he was academically ineligible. That is a big difference especially when players have become academically ineligible Bohl has simply stated that they were. He did NOT say that in the case of Sigers.

My understanding was that he did poorly in the fall and was just barely eligible. Bohl wanted him to get his GPA up and out of the trouble zone. I think Bohl was just being proactive and was acting on the advice of the academic advisors. The one thing Bohl has always exceled at is making sure his student-athletes are students first and that they take care of academics. He monitors this very, very closely which is why NDSU is always near the top in APR year after year.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This, well said Neil!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This, well said Neil!!!!
    Didn't Bohl do the same with another player recently? DJ?