Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New turf coming soon???

Default New turf coming soon???

Bison football: Dome moving ahead to solve turf future

The Fargodome is doing the hurry-up offense on new artificial turf.

A project that was scheduled for replacement in 2015 as part of its master plan has an outside shot of being installed by next fall with a more realistic goal of 2012, said Fargo City Commissioner Dave Piepkorn, who represents the city on the dome finance committee.

It would be financed from the dome’s reserve fund, currently at $29 million, Piepkorn said, with NDSU kicking in a portion of the estimated $3 million replacement bill.
    Some more improvements coming as well...

That’s not all the dome has in mind for projects, Piepkorn said. He said new a lighting system is expected to be completed in the next year and plans call for building a separate restroom/hospitality facility in the tailgating section west of the dome. Tailgating has blossomed in the last several years at Bison football games.
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/299435/
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: New turf coming soon???

see look what playoffs do for you (granted i'm sure it was discussed a lot before this) but now they're speeding things up and the marketing is trying more things and helping the students out even more especially with all this snow I think less students would of went to the bsa to get their tickets now they're in the union.
    "We All From Africa"

Bathrooms with running water in the tailgate lots, Rabbit fans will be living it up when they come back to the dome.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Bathrooms with running water in the tailgate lots, Rabbit fans will be living it up when they come back to the dome.
    that would call for an epic picture to compare the 2
    "We All From Africa"

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Rabbit fans would probably be found peeing on the outside of the building

That’s not all the dome has in mind for projects, Piepkorn said. He said a new lighting system is expected to be completed in the next year and plans call for building a separate restroom/hospitality facility in the tailgating section west of the dome. Tailgating has blossomed in the last several years at Bison football games.

Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Isn't the proposed turf what the Rams use? I wonder what Craig Dahl thinks about it.

restroom/hospitality facility --- interesting.

can't imagine they won't consider moving ribfest to the west lot...
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

The new turf is a BIG DEAL. I think that is huge for NDSU football. HUGE!!!!! I'll bet that is the biggest recruiting negative about NDSU. Great news!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisondad View Post
    The new turf is a BIG DEAL. I think that is huge for NDSU football. HUGE!!!!! I'll bet that is the biggest recruiting negative about NDSU. Great news!!
    I was thinking the same... huge deal. This can't happen soon enough (I mean, I suppose it could if somebody had a time machine but that would probably increase the project's cost.)

I was also thinking, "Why aren't there 35 posts waiting approval from Bisonatrix?" (<== his previous incarnations waxed poetic about such topics.)