Thread: I'm not a sore loser...I'm just a sore loser

Cool I'm not a sore loser...I'm just a sore loser

I apologize for writing about this folks (not)...but I'm really sore after hitting my fist against the wall last night a few times. On the last drive I kept telling myself..."self, that call won't affect the outcome of the game." But then my fist hit the damn wall again. Couldn't help it. Tried to tell myself to stop...but it happened twice in the last few minutes. It was like, "how dare our guys make such incredibly athletic plays to stop the drive? I mean...we already have enough highlight film material."

But my fist had already suffered the trauma from earlier in the game. I was so damn angry with Ramon Humber for hitting the QB so hard 2 or 3 feet from the sideline. I said, "how dare he hit someone that hard, so close to the sideline? I mean, after all, their QB was only still trying to gain yards."

But now, after having been thrown against the wall...my computer is the one that has the most damage. Guess the commish knew what she was talking about. I should have bought the extended warranty.
    Last edited by CaBisonFan; 11-23-2008 at 12:16 PM.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Default Re: I'm not a sore loser...I'm just a sore loser

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I apologize for writing about this folks (not)...but I'm really sore after hitting my fist against the wall last night a few times. On the last drive I kept telling myself..."self, that call won't affect the outcome of the game." But then my fist hit the damn wall again. Couldn't help it. Tried to tell myself to stop...but it happened twice in the last few minutes. It was like, "how dare our guys make such incredibly athletic plays to stop the drive? I mean...we already have enough highlight film material."

But my fist had already suffered the trauma from earlier in the game. I was so damn angry with Ramon Humber for hitting the QB so hard 2 or 3 feet from the sideline. I said, "how dare he hit someone that hard, so close to the sideline? I mean, after all, their QB was only still trying to gain yards."

But now, after having been thrown against the wall...my computer is the one that has the most damage. Guess the commish knew what she was talking about. I should have bought the extended warranty.
    All Bison fans watching last night feel your pain. I'm not usually too fond of boo birds at the game, but the boo birds heard last night were warranted. It seems as though the refs read somewhere in the rule book that the Bison are not allowed to hit players or tackle players while they are still in bounds. No wonder we couldn't win the game. I hate to say anything about officials determing the outcome of the game, but between those personal foul calls, Heckendorf's (i believe) offensive pass interference call, and Bibeau's missed field goals I can't help but wonder what the outcome of the game would have been otherwise. I think the Bison need to recruit more speed and work on tackling for next year though. I've never seen a year with so many plays that I wonder if they are ever going to wrap up on and tackle a guy. Hitting alone doesn't tackle a guy. They need to work on wrapping up and finishing the tackle. That said, they were probably scared of getting called for a personal foul if they were to do that (sorry, I couldn't resist).

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 02Bison View Post
    All Bison fans watching last night feel your pain. I'm not usually too fond of boo birds at the game, but the boo birds heard last night were warranted. It seems as though the refs read somewhere in the rule book that the Bison are not allowed to hit players or tackle players while they are still in bounds. No wonder we couldn't win the game. I hate to say anything about officials determing the outcome of the game, but between those personal foul calls, Heckendorf's (i believe) offensive pass interference call, and Bibeau's missed field goals I can't help but wonder what the outcome of the game would have been otherwise. I think the Bison need to recruit more speed and work on tackling for next year though. I've never seen a year with so many plays that I wonder if they are ever going to wrap up on and tackle a guy. Hitting alone doesn't tackle a guy. They need to work on wrapping up and finishing the tackle. That said, they were probably scared of getting called for a personal foul if they were to do that (sorry, I couldn't resist).
    HA HA, love it, you were the one bashing me about the St. Cloud State refs. The differance between that game was one dropped pass, and 6 terrible calls, this game was 2 terrible calls and the bison still had all the opportunitys in the world to win, not just one dropped ball. The offensive pass interferance was a correct call from my vantage point IF anyone was going to got called, however that should not have been called. The push out of bounds and the defensive pass interferance call were down right criminal. In a tight game like that the Bison didnt need any help from the officials to help lose the game.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Thumbs down Re: I'm not a sore loser...I'm just a sore loser

Lot's of factors led to the loss, but that was the worst officiating I can recall at any game I have seen. Not just really bad calls that were made, but a couple of gross holding incidents that should have been made. Sorry excuse for officiating at this level of football

The bad calls were caught on film for all to see. Hard for anyone to refute them.

I really hope we are getting a new kicker. But, last night, when we were up 4...I think...we had a 3rd and two, and ran a slant. Incomplete. I REALLY wanted Tyler to run it twice. Instead, we settled for the field goal to go up 7. I hated being up 7 because you knew they would go for two. I think their 46 year winless streak made going for two the only call. A GREAT CALL by the way. They are well coached, and have fantastic players. Their receiver...#1 is a stud. We need a playmaker like him. He got lit up (not helmet to helmet) and just popped right up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I really hope we are getting a new kicker. But, last night, when we were up 4...I think...we had a 3rd and two, and ran a slant. Incomplete. I REALLY wanted Tyler to run it twice. Instead, we settled for the field goal to go up 7. I hated being up 7 because you knew they would go for two. I think their 46 year winless streak made going for two the only call. A GREAT CALL by the way. They are well coached, and have fantastic players. Their receiver...#1 is a stud. We need a playmaker like him. He got lit up (not helmet to helmet) and just popped right up.

3rd and 3

I was hoping we'd just have Mertens run right behind Harrington twice for those yards. There were too many instances this season where it was third and short where everybody at the game knew Tyler was going to get the ball. Tyler is a stud, but when the entire defense is keying on him, not even he can overcome those odds.

For a split second, I felt sorry for that receiver. I was hoping he'd be able to get up. That was one of the most violent hits I've ever seen. Kudos to him for being able to make the play. Wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by BraxtonT View Post
    3rd and 3

I was hoping we'd just have Mertens run right behind Harrington twice for those yards. There were too many instances this season where it was third and short where everybody at the game knew Tyler was going to get the ball. Tyler is a stud, but when the entire defense is keying on him, not even he can overcome those odds.

For a split second, I felt sorry for that receiver. I was hoping he'd be able to get up. That was one of the most violent hits I've ever seen. Kudos to him for being able to make the play. Wow!!
    Agreed...........................

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by BraxtonT View Post
    3rd and 3

I know exactly what series you are referring to. I was screaming from my seat for them to sneak it. SDSU was not covering the center all night it was open. You have to be able to get 3 yards on 2 plays.