Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason?

Default Postseason?

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...section=sports

Well, apparently it's not a totally impossible idea. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. It would be far more interesting seeing NDSU play in a bowl as opposed to the #6 or #7 team from a BCS conference.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Default Re: Postseason?

Look out for the trolls!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...section=sports

Well, apparently it's not a totally impossible idea. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. It would be far more interesting seeing NDSU play in a bowl as opposed to the #6 or #7 team from a BCS conference.
    Can't hurt to try and work his mojo, in Gene we trust!

Quote Originally Posted by 90BISON View Post
    Look out for the trolls!
    Yes, no need for this thread to degrade into a pissing match between PantherHawk and any of a number of other people. This isn't about who is better between UNI and NDSU, they're both clearly top 5 teams, enough said. This is about the slim chance NDSU plays in some minor bowl game. It's a slim chance, but really, how cool would that be?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

OK, seriously though. The NCAA would be soooooo much better off just letting us in the playoffs from a PR standpoint, although I personally don't want to have them set a precedent, although maybe they already did with the U of Mary? If we have/had a couple losses, no big deal. But possibly being 11-0 at the end of the year, sorry but no playoffs! And it's going to effect what to let us in? Then all the speculation would stop once and for all. I know never gonna happen. P.S. We'll never come back at Cal Poly, or Cal Davis or........ Back to your previous question, if that (bowl game) did happen, I would sooooo be there. Who knows a good travel agent.

I'll have to see it to believe it.

IMHO there isn't any way NDSU sees a bowl game or any playoff game for that matter this year.

Oh god here we go again. I am glad he is looking into it. It never hurts to ask and be told no. Unfortunately people from other schools will read it as we are "demanding" to be put into a bowl. At the end of the day I hope Gene has said I have exhausted every avenue and situation possible. It is better to have tried then to look back and say I wish I would have done this or that.

Doesn't hurt to ask. And if they say no, then we'll know that it can't happen.

At least Gene is making sure if there's no way.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by 90BISON View Post
    OK, seriously though. The NCAA would be soooooo much better off just letting us in the playoffs from a PR standpoint, although I personally don't want to have them set a precedent, although maybe they already did with the U of Mary? If we have/had a couple losses, no big deal. But possibly being 11-0 at the end of the year, sorry but no playoffs! And it's going to effect what to let us in? Then all the speculation would stop once and for all. I know never gonna happen. P.S. We'll never come back at Cal Poly, or Cal Davis or........ Back to your previous question, if that (bowl game) did happen, I would sooooo be there. Who knows a good travel agent.
    I credit Gene for trying. And I agree with you. Gene's leadership is certainly part of the reason why we're at this stage, with a national power before the transition is over.

It's the kind of 'can do' attitude that has always been a part of the Bison tradition...with the exception being the Entzion years.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I'll have to see it to believe it.

IMHO there isn't any way NDSU sees a bowl game or any playoff game for that matter this year.
    Gene pushes the envelope along with Chapman. Their style of leadership is why the Bison are where they're at...way ahead of the game. With the exception of the Entzion years, this has been the way of the Bison for about 5 decades.

The 8 national championships came from coaches, university leaders, and players that didn't like taking 'no' for an answer.

And like the players last Saturday night...they didn't give up under what seemed to be an impossible situation.

I like what Gene's doing...even if it fails.