Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco Planning

Default Re: Frisco Planning

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Looks good, but I'm bringing my son with this time. Anybody have ideas for more kid friendly spots that are still fun?
    Take him to Hard Eight. He’ll love the atmosphere. Also Rock n Brews right behind Hard Eight or Union Bear (SE corner of DNT and 121 intersection).

There’s also a ton of kid-themed non-food stuff in the area (e.g., Crayola experience stuff, videogame museum, etc).
    Last edited by Stary2k11; 01-03-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Bison tracker will be turned on today for those who use it
    Correction: they are turning it on Monday January 6
    Last edited by StL Bison Fan; 01-03-2020 at 03:01 PM.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    Take him to Hard Eight. He’ll love the atmosphere. Also Rock n Brews right behind Hard Eight or Union Bear (SE corner of DNT and 121 intersection).

There’s also a ton of kid-themed non-food stuff in the area (e.g., Crayola experience stuff, videogame museum, etc).
    Thanks, just what I'm looking for since I can't go to the scenic bars. He's 12 so probably a bit old for Crayola, but the video game museum could be fun if we have time.

Also not sure if I want to go all the way into Dallas since we won't get there until Friday afternoon, but kind of want to since he's never been there.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Thanks, just what I'm looking for since I can't go to the scenic bars. He's 12 so probably a bit old for Crayola, but the video game museum could be fun if we have time.

Also not sure if I want to go all the way into Dallas since we won't get there until Friday afternoon, but kind of want to since he's never been there.
    There’s not a ton to see or do in downtown Dallas. You could take him to the top of some of the well known “skyscrapers” that dominate every Dallas postcard and image.

The zoo or aquatic center are fun, as are Stars and Mavs games, but other than that it’s mostly breweries and bars that are worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    There’s not a ton to see or do in downtown Dallas. You could take him to the top of some of the well known “skyscrapers” that dominate every Dallas postcard and image.

The zoo or aquatic center are fun, but other than that it’s mostly breweries and bars that are worth checking out.

It’s a shame that Scheels and the Andretti Karting Complex next door wont be open until after the game. I assume this entertainment destination will be a desired Bison fan hangout in years to come.

I remember one year we got off the airplane and went directly to the cowboy Stadium for a guided tour. Yes we had made the reservations earlier. Got back into our rental car and went to the Fort Worth stockyards.
    Accomplished both things in a few hours before heading to Frisco to the hotel

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Your ticket gets you into the experience area where they give you a wrist band. Once inside the experience area, you'll have access to multiple food and drink choices, indoor seating and separate restrooms.
    Indoor seating only while you are eating. In most cases your seats to the game are outside of this enclosed area. One year my husband and friend sat indoors... not the experience he would choose again. Two years ago I was in this area, for about five minutes. They no longer had a buffet. You had to choose a plate of food. It’s just not my cup of tea! I’m sure it’s good for older people, people with health issues, or people who can’t leave the bar! I believe the bar was a cash bar. To each their own!

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've been the Book Depository Museum the last two years during our Frisco trips. I highly recommend it. After seeing the Plaza all those years in books and videos, it was really something to actually be there.

https://www.ncaa.com/tickets/football/fcs sro go on sale Monday Jan 6th

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    This is my first year with the "experience" tickets. What exactly does that entail? Is there a wristband, or has that been eliminated?
    As others have said, it gets you a "free" program and some food prior to the game. It has a cash bar that used to be open bar that was diminished to morning cocktails (red beer and mimosa). Last year you could get free "red beer" (yuck) and mimosas. I managed to get a couple red beers without the red. In reality, the experience tickets are about the only way to get really good seats without having TM points, etc. I call these tickets the extortion experience. That said, I bought 50 yard line tickets at a higher row which I consider to be excellent tickets in Frisco.