Page 55 of 103 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Default Re: All Aboard Roehl as HC

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    I would be surprised if they announced anything today, given travel to Montana for the game tomorrow. I think sunday or monday.
    If it's not Roehl, they'd be fools to announce today...if it is Roehl, I'm not sure what they gain by waiting.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Delusional? Nope, I am a completely sane, normal, well-adjusted, incredibly humble Bisonville poster that has a gift of using satire and sarcasm. I can also throw a football over them mountains.
    and a hell of a baseball coach.

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    If it's not Roehl, they'd be fools to announce today...if it is Roehl, I'm not sure what they gain by waiting.
    Is Roehl universally loved by every single player on the roster? If not, probably best to wait until after the game to break the news. I’d rather kids be figuring out their next move after the game than 24 hours before it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Is Roehl universally loved by every single player on the roster? If not, probably best to wait until after the game to break the news. I’d rather kids be figuring out their next move after the game than 24 hours before it.
    Do you think that is a larger factor in motivation than sending off HCME in the right way? Or, just the hunger for a championship ring itself?

Serious question. I can't really relate all that well to 20 yr olds anymore.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Or maybe it's a 4D chess move by Larsen to give Roehl and the players that love him some added motivation going into tomorrow's game??? "We're going to dominate so completely tomorrow that he'll be forced to hand the reigns to Roehl!"

/purple.... sorta
    Or maybe he’s holding tomorrow’s game hostage. “Better not call 20+ qb runs otherwise someone else gets the job”
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Do you think that is a larger factor in motivation than sending off HCME in the right way? Or, just the hunger for a championship ring itself?

Serious question. I can't really relate all that well to 20 yr olds anymore.
    If you know that you don’t plan on staying at NDSU because they just hired a coach you don’t like, that will affect your attitude and probable approach to the game either consciously or subconsciously.

At this point unless we’re hiring Saban I don’t think we’ll hear either way until Sunday and that’s when I think we’ll hear. And based on the timelines I’ve heard, that doesn’t mean anything either way and it was always planned to be announced then.
    *one day later*

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Heckendorf was here to interview for HC - I'm going with the theory that they went out in public intentionally to be seen so when Larsen announces Roehl as the new HC on Sunday/Monday he can claim (with proof) that he did his due diligence vetting external candidates and determined that Roehl was the best man for the job.
    but why would he even be on the short list? lol

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Delusional? Nope, I am a completely sane, normal, well-adjusted, incredibly humble Bisonville poster that has a gift of using satire and sarcasm. I can also throw a football over them mountains.
    And it went whooosh over my head too. Some of these posts give me a freaking heart attack.
    Need to start Saturdays tailgate a bit early this week, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If you know that you don’t plan on staying at NDSU because they just hired a coach you don’t like, that will affect your attitude and probable approach to the game either consciously or subconsciously.

At this point unless we’re hiring Saban I don’t think we’ll hear either way until Sunday and that’s when I think we’ll hear. And based on the timelines I’ve heard, that doesn’t mean anything either way and it was always planned to be announced then.
    Sunday feels like an odd day to announce, but I guess it could make sense in this case if they don't want to distract from the game.
    That doesn't make me feel optimistic it would be TR though.

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    How I see it also. If they announce TR after the players were pushing for him, it could rally the troops for the game.
    It's silly to delay if it is TR.