Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Schedule

Default Re: 2017-2018 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    At least MSUM isn't listed...we all know what happened last time.
    Still too soon!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Why does the Summit insist on us playing SDSU on winter break. It is the biggest rivalry game in the league and they can't get that right.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Wed. 11/1/2017 Concordia-Moorhead (Exhibition) Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Sat. 11/11/2017 UC Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, Calif. TBA Details
    Mon. 11/13/2017 USC Los Angeles, Calif. TBA Details
    Fri. 11/17/2017 Missouri State Springfield, Mo. TBA Details
    Wed. 11/22/2017 Florida A&M Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Sat. 11/25/2017 Stetson Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Tue. 11/28/2017 Stephen F. Austin Nacogdoches, Texas TBA Details
    Thu. 11/30/2017 Mississippi State Starkville, Miss. TBA Details
    Mon. 12/4/2017 Missouri State Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Sat. 12/9/2017 North Dakota Grand Forks, N.D. TBA Details
    Tue. 12/12/2017 Valley City State Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Mon. 12/18/2017 Arizona Tucson, Ariz. TBA Details
    Thu. 12/21/2017 UNC Wilmington El Paso, Texas TBA Details
    Fri. 12/22/2017 UTEP / Howard El Paso, Texas TBA Details
    Sat. 12/30/2017 Jamestown Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Wed. 1/3/2018 * South Dakota State Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Sat. 1/6/2018 * South Dakota Vermillion, S.D. TBA Details
    Thu. 1/11/2018 * Denver Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Sat. 1/13/2018 * Oral Roberts Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Tue. 1/16/2018 North Dakota Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Sat. 1/20/2018 * Fort Wayne Fort Wayne, Ind. TBA Details
    Thu. 1/25/2018 * Omaha Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Sat. 1/27/2018 * Western Illinois Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Thu. 2/1/2018 * South Dakota State Brookings, S.D. TBA Details
    Sat. 2/3/2018 * South Dakota Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Thu. 2/8/2018 * Oral Roberts Tulsa, Okla. TBA Details
    Sat. 2/10/2018 * Denver Denver, Colo. TBA Details
    Tue. 2/13/2018 Mayville State Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Sat. 2/17/2018 * Fort Wayne Fargo, N.D. TBA Details
    Thu. 2/22/2018 * Western Illinois Macomb, Ill. TBA Details
    Sat. 2/24/2018 * Omaha Omaha, Neb. TBA Details
    Ugh I know they got screwed by IUPUI this season but Richman needs to do better. That SFA game better be part of a H/H deal.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Why does the Summit insist on us playing SDSU on winter break. It is the biggest rivalry game in the league and they can't get that right.
    This is my biggest question about the schedule as well. The Concordia game is exhibition, and those will always be there. The three ND games...we know they are going to be there. The biggest problem year in and year out is playing SDSU when students are not in session.

I was glad to see Florida A&M on the schedule. It is way harder than I expected to get DI home games.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Well, here is one for next season I don't remember seeing mentioned yet

Brian Shawn
    Brian Shawn @BShawnMidcoSN

Aug 3
    An interesting development playing Missouri State twice this year (home & home) but Bears will also come to Fargo again next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    This is my biggest question about the schedule as well. The Concordia game is exhibition, and those will always be there. The three ND games...we know they are going to be there. The biggest problem year in and year out is playing SDSU when students are not in session.

I was glad to see Florida A&M on the schedule. It is way harder than I expected to get DI home games.
    It can't be that hard to schedule D1 teams. Every mid major program has challenges with scheduling. The Bison basketball staff just does not put in the required work or they don't want those games. Listening to Coach R on the Insiders last week he even stated it was by design. Honestly I think he does it because he is scared of a of losing at home and thinks those NAIA/D3 games are good developmental opportunities to get the younger kids into games. I can't blame him for the latter but 4 of those games is just way too many. We can get other mid and low major teams in here and should be winning comfortably and still getting those young kids those same kind of playing opportunities. We have had good D1 home schedules in the past so they can do it again if they want.

My biggest problem is they jacked the ticket prices up as well as the Team Maker fees for basketball. The arena is already bought and paid for via private funding. You wanna charge a premium for season tickets than they need to hold up their end of the bargain and produce a quality home schedule that excites the fan base. Then they will get more people to buy season tickets and the ones that already have them to actually show up to the games.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    It can't be that hard to schedule D1 teams. Every mid major program has challenges with scheduling. The Bison basketball staff just does not put in the required work or they don't want those games. Listening to Coach R on the Insiders last week he even stated it was by design. Honestly I think he does it because he is scared of a of losing at home and thinks those NAIA/D3 games are good developmental opportunities to get the younger kids into games. I can't blame him for the latter but 4 of those games is just way too many. We can get other mid and low major teams in here and should be winning comfortably and still getting those young kids those same kind of playing opportunities. We have had good D1 home schedules in the past so they can do it again if they want.

My biggest problem is they jacked the ticket prices up as well as the Team Maker fees for basketball. The arena is already bought and paid for via private funding. You wanna charge a premium for season tickets than they need to hold up their end of the bargain and produce a quality home schedule that excites the fan base. Then they will get more people to buy season tickets and the ones that already have them to actually show up to the games.
    This is a good point. If it is easy to get DI home games, there is no excuse for Coach going after DIII for development opportunities when we have a new arena that we should be showing off to all of DI (especially if we are looking at MAC or MWC or MVC membership long term).
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Concordia, Valley City, Jamestown AND Mayville. Lucky they put out the schedule after we had to pay for Season tickets as that is about enough to make me say F*&% it.
    absolute freakin joke my god 600 fans maybe embarassing
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    This is a good point. If it is easy to get DI home games, there is no excuse for Coach going after DIII for development opportunities when we have a new arena that we should be showing off to all of DI (especially if we are looking at MAC or MWC or MVC membership long term).
    We bring a recruit in to watch us beat Valley City State or Mayville State? I'm really sure that recruit walks away super impressed as we win by 40 pts. No reason not to have consistent home and home agreements with Big Sky and MVC schools every year. They are looking for home games as well and fits into our recruiting footprint. Worst case we mix in some 2 for 1's like we did with Missouri State.

Maybe it has been discussed and shot down by the conference, but have the commissioner work with Horizon, MVC or even Big Sky and set up a challenge between Summit and them that way all teams get games.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.