Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fab 4 vs. Young Guns

Default Re: Fab 4 vs. Young Guns

I have nothing to add-->but fun to read the opinions given. Also fun to have competitive BB. From what I am reading, I need to go to some BB games.

Thanks for the insight, I am a fan!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Right now, woody's team wins. Next year LA's team wins. The year after LA's team wins by 15.

I know its hard for some people to stomach, but ben woodside was not the best basketball player that will ever spend time at NDSU. We will get considerably better than we were in 09.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Looked like a bunch of the Fab 4 were in the crowd watching the young guns last night. Nice to see the old players return and come back and support the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    This was brought up on the most recent Bison Video Blog and I thought it would be an interesting conversation. The question is how would the current young lineup would do against the starting lineup with the fab 4 in '09 that went tho the dance. It may be too early to objectively compare since these guys are only freshman and sophomores but hey, why not. Here is my projected lineup matchups.

Woodside-LA
    Nelson-Felt or Hale
    Winkleman-Wright
    Mooreman-Bjorkland
    Tweidt-Braun

You could mix up the assignments a little, for example if you think Braun on Winks is a better matchup. Anyways, discuss.
    Woodside vs LA = IMO This isn't as run away as people think. Yes LA has a couple thousand more points to go, but he also has 4 years less, considering Woodside redshirted. I love Woody as much as the next faithful Bison fan, but LA is very good right now.

Nelson vs Hale (starter) = I do think Nelson is much better, only because he was a legitimate mix between Hale/Felt. Hale is a better defensive player, and Felt is a better 3 point shooter, but Nelson was better, and more consistent in both areas than both of those 2 individually.

Winkleman vs Wright = For as great as Winkleman was, Wright is exactly the kind of player that Winkleman would play against and disappear from. I repeatedly saw Winkleman disappear in games like UofM, Fresno St, and against any competition that had long rangy athletes. Sure he had a couple good games, but not enough on a consistent basis to make me think he could handl Wright.

Mooreman vs Bjorklund = no contest, Bjorklund would absolutley eat him up alive, in all areas of the game.

Tviedt vs Braun = Tviedt is arguably one of my all time faves. He's alson IMHO not as good as Braun. Tviedt was a stellar defender who could shoot the 3. Braun is a stellar defender who can shoot the 3, get to the rim, play anywhere from the 1 to the 4, and absolutely fills up the stat sheet. Look at the dudes Arizona State stats = 16 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals. Are you kidding me?

I am probably one of the few that thinks this team would beat the Fab 4. When you sprinkle in guys like Felt and Carlson, I hneslty do think this team is just too well rounded, and could win matching up a few different ways against that team. Would be a hella fun game to watch.

I think it would be a coin flip now. When the current Sophomores are Seniors they would win pretty easily IMO.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Team chemistry has to be a factor too. Two of our starters are in their first year on the court and most of them are sophomores - give them two years to develop and jive as a unit and this team is going to be scary.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Going to be? This is a team! When braun is not scoring felt is when felt isn't Bjorkland is when he is not LA is it is absolutely a team! And a scary one wait till summit tourney times and getcha popcorn ready suck falls
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Going to be? This is a team! When braun is not scoring felt is when felt isn't Bjorkland is when he is not LA is it is absolutely a team! And a scary one wait till summit tourney times and getcha popcorn ready suck falls
    True points both!
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Preach it Brother! Love it.

Go Bison!!
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

I love this current team more than anyone, but I don't think you can compare these two teams yet. The tourney team had a true alpha dog point guard. He was lights out from 3, but most importantly he drove to the hole with a vengeance at the end of games. He either made, or you fouled him, and he was killer from the line. To add to that you had 3 other scorers (Tveidt, Nelson, Winkelman) with good size that could create their own shot and play above average defense. Lastly, just because Moorman wasn't a scorer people are really quick to write him off as basically a waste of space. I seem to recall him basically shutting down many stud post players on the defensive end. Maybe its because the KU game sticks out in people's mind when he was in foul trouble and Aldrich was just a beast.

I'm not saying don't have threads like this, they are great fun to talk about and just bring deserved recognition to both teams. I'm also not saying this team won't end up being the best ever, I'll be disappointed if they aren't. I'm just saying right now there is no way you can give the nod to the current team over the tourney team. More athletic all around? Sure. Better team, nope.