Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Thomas to DI-approved

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: St. Thomas to DI-approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Well the Pioneer league really is DIII football masqeurading as DI because of the University of Dayton. Any other red herrings on the menu?
    Why do you blame Dayton? All the original members of the Pioneer League were D3 football schools who were forced to be D1 if the schools wanted to stay D1 in all sports. The Pioneer League was a great solution to that.

They are all probably a little better than most D3 in their area because they are more prestigeous schools but the recruit a lot of the same players. That's why a lot of their non conference is D3/NAIA plus a money game against other FCS.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Can this stupid topic be moved to news about other schools? It is not about NDSU football.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Why do you blame Dayton? All the original members of the Pioneer League were D3 football schools who were forced to be D1 if the schools wanted to stay D1 in all sports. The Pioneer League was a great solution to that.

They are all probably a little better than most D3 in their area because they are more prestigeous schools but the recruit a lot of the same players. That's why a lot of their non conference is D3/NAIA plus a money game against other FCS.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Dayton made the most hay.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Dayton made the most hay.
    Butler made a lot of news also. Were you living in Dayton at the time? I was in Indy so maybe you just heard the local noise? They were all behind it because none of them wanted to drop their other sports to D3.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Butler made a lot of news also. Were you living in Dayton at the time? I was in Indy so maybe you just heard the local noise? They were all behind it because none of them wanted to drop their other sports to D3.
    I wasn't there at the time but I heard the stories.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    They don't have any real good options there. Playing at Allianz is surely the best of the choices. Or maybe they can find some crafty architect who will design them a five level stadium on the existing site.

I had thought they might be able to buy and build on part of the old Ford plant site but it seems that is being developed for housing if I read that right. Didn't pay much attention.
    Well, St. Paul passed the strictest rent control measure on the country last week and the three biggest real estate projects in the city have stopped this week so maybe there will be room on that site for St. Thomas after all.

It’s beyond me how anyone one person, let alone half a city can think that the way to solve a housing shortage is to tell the people who build the housing how much they can charge people to live in it, but here we are.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Well, St. Paul passed the strictest rent control measure on the country last week and the three biggest real estate projects in the city have stopped this week so maybe there will be room on that site for St. Thomas after all.

It’s beyond me how anyone one person, let alone half a city can think that the way to solve a housing shortage is to tell the people who build the housing how much they can charge people to live in it, but here we are.
    Saw that. Thought Minneapolis had that on the ballot too but Measure 2 result is getting all the oxygen and I’m too lazy to go look it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Saw that. Thought Minneapolis had that on the ballot too but Measure 2 result is getting all the oxygen and I’m too lazy to go look it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It passed in Minneapolis as well but their ballot question was just for the counsel to write an ordinance with in certain parameters (materially less dumb than ours) or put it back to the voters. St. Paul’s ordinance is already written and it’s crazy tight. There’s some sort of revision clause that can be triggered after a year but I don’t have the details on how that might work.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

St Tommie Day was yesterday
    raised $1.2 million in 1 day for athletics!!

(has ndsu done a 1 day drive ever?)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post

https://reason.com/2019/09/27/how-re...hurts-tenants/