Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff Matchup 2017

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Playoff Matchup 2017

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that NDSU is better.
    NDSU had a better line than UND last year, especially at the beginning of the year. I have no problem admitting that.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Our OL was a mess for the first few games. They came together down the stretch.
    Down the stretch....you mean against Big Sky defenses, right? South Dakota was 116th out of 122 in FCS in rushing defense; if you add up games against Big Sky and the worst rushing defense in the Valley (65 Y/G behind the 2nd worst), UND averaged 5.03 YPC.

Stony Brook, Bowling Green, and Richmond: 116 rushes for 340 yards = 2.93 YPC. Please remember this when your OL "comes together down the stretch" again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Yeah, those stats are garbage, they include QB sacks, which is really telling of how good a team's running backs are.

UND's top 4 tailbacks (Santiago, Olivera, Gordon, Norberg) - 406 carries, 2,253 net yards, 5.6 YPC
    NDSU's top 4 tailbacks (Dunn, Frazier, Morlock, Anderson) - 438 carries, 2,502 net yards, 5.7 YPC
    Not to help out Bison fans, but really? One, you just proved NDSU's numbers were better. Two, UND's numbers came against BSC defenses (if you can call them that). NDSU were playing MVFC defenses. Which is better?

Just beat USD, which I'm not sure UND can do.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Ah......makes sense now..........messy Fawkers that came together.
    Play soggy cookie is good for moral.

Yeah, those stats are garbage, they include QB sacks, which is really telling of how good a team's running backs are.

UND's top 4 tailbacks (Santiago, Olivera, Gordon, Norberg) - 406 carries, 2,253 net yards, 5.6 YPC
    NDSU's top 4 tailbacks (Dunn, Frazier, Morlock, Anderson) - 438 carries, 2,502 net yards, 5.7 YPC
    I use total team rushing statistics, you pick and choose and you say my stats are garbage? Cool. How many QB sacks did you guys allow last year? FWIW NDSU's numbers that I use included sacks as well.

I'll put it several other ways then:
    -UND ran for 4.58/carry and 208/game against defenses that gave up an average of 185 yards/game (2 under 140/game), NDSU went for 5.66/carry and 240/game against defenses that gave up 158 yards/game (6 under 140/game).
    -UND ran for 164 yards against Bowling Green that gave up 190/game; NDSU ran for 239 yards against Iowa that gave up 153/game.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Our OL was a mess for the first few games. They came together down the stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Down the stretch....you mean against Big Sky defenses, right?
    Come Together by the Bubbles

"Here come old Bubba
    His line gelling slowly
    He show them the schedule
    He one fawking genius
    He got Fluffy D's on their knees
    When they in the Big Sky, his boys do what they please.
    Come together, right now, said he."

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I use total team rushing statistics, you pick and choose and you say my stats are garbage? Cool. How many QB sacks did you guys allow last year? FWIW NDSU's numbers that I use included sacks as well.
    I'm not picking and choosing anything, I'm using the actual relevant stats. The claim was NDSU's running back averaged a yard more per carry than UND's, which when looking at actual running back stats, isn't true. What do QB sacks have to do with a running back's YPC average?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Not to help out Bison fans, but really? One, you just proved NDSU's numbers were better. Two, UND's numbers came against BSC defenses (if you can call them that). NDSU were playing MVFC defenses. Which is better?

Just beat USD, which I'm not sure UND can do.
    I never said they weren't better, just pointing out they were much closer than the original claim.

Managed to do it last year, expecting to do it again this year.

Why are UND fans so obsessed with NDSU?

Your fucking president said that you would be better than us - I guess that answers my question - it starts from the top and filters all the way down to the mouth breathing idiots that post on message boards as trolls.

I'm not picking and choosing anything, I'm using the actual relevant stats. The claim was NDSU's running back averaged a yard more per carry than UND's, which when looking at actual running back stats, isn't true. What do QB sacks have to do with a running back's YPC average?
    Then why did you only pick to include the top 4 rushers from each team? If you take out Studsrud and Stick, UND rushed for 5.06 YPC and NDSU was at 5.56 YPC if you used the entire team rushing stats. By not doing that you are essentially saying "if you ignore all of our guys that suck, we are basically the same." And that is taking out all of Stick's carries, many of which are designed runs where he is essentially a running back.

UND opponents gave up 4.65 YPC, NDSU's gave up 4.15 YPC. Fewer yards per carry against shittier defenses.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Then why did you only pick to include the top 4 rushers from each team? If you take out Studsrud and Stick, UND rushed for 5.06 YPC and NDSU was at 5.56 YPC if you used the entire team rushing stats. By not doing that you are essentially saying "if you ignore all of our guys that suck, we are basically the same." And that is taking out all of Stick's carries, many of which are designed runs where he is essentially a running back.

UND opponents gave up 4.65 YPC, NDSU's gave up 4.15 YPC. Fewer yards per carry against shittier defenses.
    How many offenses in teh valleys are actually good?