Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter Werner

Default Re: Dexter Werner

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    IMO Dex earned a starting spot. He brings more energy and attitude then Kading.
    I agree, but if he comes off the bench and give the Bison the old "Phil Jackson with the Knicks" type of energy and enthusiam, DEx will play a lot of minutes and essentially be as much of an integral part of this Bison team. If they limit his minutes to give someone else playing time...I will SCREAM!!!

As far as Kading goes, last night showed me a lot about him. He didnt have his greatest shooting effort, but he never let his defense down at all he kept working. Just about the time in last nights game, after Kading missed another 3 point attempt, I found myself saying.."Ok thats enough of that..you cant buy one tonight", and he must have said that to himself?
    Because he quit taking them, totally understanding that the Team needed good quality shot attempts in such a close hard fought game.
    Another reason I thought the game will go into Bison folklore...they played just awesome both physically and mentally.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dexter Werner I feel should start. He is the perfect compliment to other starters. He is THE REBOUNDER that the NDSU bb team needs. He will defend the rim with attitude and has some back to the basket game. I just feel he brings more to table and can help MORE with extended playing time

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    As far as Kading goes, last night showed me a lot about him. He didnt have his greatest shooting effort, but he never let his defense down at all he kept working. Just about the time in last nights game, after Kading missed another 3 point attempt, I found myself saying.."Ok thats enough of that..you cant buy one tonight", and he must have said that to himself?
    Because he quit taking them, totally understanding that the Team needed good quality shot attempts in such a close hard fought game.
    Another reason I thought the game will go into Bison folklore...they played just awesome both physically and mentally.
    Actually Kading is like that, if he misses a couple he quits shooting, if he makes a couple keeps on shooting....However is good at passing to the open man next up in the offense.

Kading has been playing with a really painful shoulder injury the last 3 games, its clearly affected his shooting, hes a kid who could really use a good week or two break but simply we need him to play and he is showing toughness by doing so. Dex has been a beast the last couple of games. Hes going to play a ton, last night he did a great job staying out of foul trouble and if he can continue to do so he will be on the floor a lot.

So once his basketball eligibility is up does he go the football route for a season?
    Keep your expectations low enough and you will always be happy with the results

Anywhere in town I could buy a NDSU #40 basketball jersey?

What a breakout night for Big Dex on the national stage! Damn!!! Can't wait to see his game continue to develop cuz he looked unstoppable tonight!

Charles Barkley was the Dexter Werner of his generation.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Charles Barkley was the Dexter Werner of his generation.
    Nice!!! Congrats Dex! You picked a great game to shine even brighter than usual!