Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Preseason Stuff

Default Re: Preseason Stuff

12 days until we play TX and I haven't seen much preseason local media coverage coming off a win in the dance. Kind of disappointing. Local media needs to step it up.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

The way the Forum covers NDSU MBB is an absolute joke, the others haven't been much better.

Kolpack asked to do way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    12 days until we play TX and I haven't seen much preseason local media coverage coming off a win in the dance. Kind of disappointing. Local media needs to step it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The way the Forum covers NDSU MBB is an absolute joke, the others haven't been much better.

Kolpack asked to do way too much.
    Agree...Kolpack is only one dude. If the Forum dedicated the same manpower to the Bison as the el forko fishwrap does to teh flagshit we wouldn't have this issue.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Yes we need more basketball coverage

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've been complaining about this for years, there's been days where there's a home game and there isn't even an article or section letting local fans know. Makes it a little tough for the casual fans to decide to go to a game if they don't even know one is going on. After our run last year I was hoping for improved coverage this year, so far I'm not impressed.

Dom Tweets:

Fargo, ND
    Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY · 3h 3 hours ago

#NDSU MBB HC Dave Richman says Evan Wesenberg, Jake Showalter and Paul Miller will play as true freshmen @summithoops

So eliason trey miller redshirt. Ok
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Dom Tweets:

Fargo, ND
    Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY · 3h 3 hours ago

#NDSU MBB HC Dave Richman says Evan Wesenberg, Jake Showalter and Paul Miller will play as true freshmen @summithoops
    I am shocked showalter wanted to play immediately. Not many minutes available for him. Tough choice. He's a great shooter
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not so sure it was a want as much as it was a need. If he would redshirt we'd be down to 8 scholarship players and a walk-on, with him playing we have 9 scholarship players and a walk-on. We need him for depth, if someone gets in foul trouble early or God forbid we have an injury even if it's just for the game we need him available. With both Ishola and Trey Miller having knee surgery and Eliason just not ready physically he's the guy that last spot falls to.

For bigs that leaves the 6' 8" Kading, 6' 7" Wesenberg and 6' 6" Werner.
    So if one of the 3 is out for a while with an injury, does that mean they pull the redshirt on the 6' 9" Eliason?
    Or does AJ at 6' 6" play some PF in a real small line-up?