Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU Teammakers

Default Re: NDSU Teammakers

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    This drives me crazy===who is dropping the hints, who makes the decisions, who votes for this stuff, when do they meet, who elected them, how are decisions made, where are the bylaws...etc. I belong to a club (TM) and I have no information about how its run or who runs it.
    Make a call and ask.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I heard that they got something like 200 applications for 575 new reserved spots. You could request a minimum of 2 spots and a max of 12. Clearly, everybody is not going to be successful.

The number is a surprise. I don't think they expected nearly that many.

It's also a problem since it isn't enough demand to make the entire concrete lot reserved and fill it up.

I think the process is evolving and Team Makers has done a good job taking steps that allow opportunities for everybody and still improve the logistics. Last year was a cluster at times and something needed to be done.
    I dont think there has ever been a plan put in to place involving large amounts of people that doesnt have a few issues with a few people bitching about it. Some just love to bitch.
    TM has made moves to better the gameday experience every year while working with an explosion of demand. Now that they have made game days an event with great participation they are learning to manage it.

So this year we dont have enough reserved spots for the demand. Thats a good thing as you always want demand. Thats why they didnt put the whole lot in to reserved. Next year if there is enough demand for reserved they will fill up the other half. Create demand. Make people WANT to pay more money. Pretty good plan if you ask me.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Tony, I generally respect what you have to say, but you don't know what you are talking about. I have been writing checks for 6 years I am a member! I have put forth my name several times. Not once have I received any information concerning how to vote on an issue, how to elect an officer, or any other information concerning the inner workings of the organization. I used to go to the lunches, TM governance is not discussed at these events. The dozen or so I attended, were nothing but Coaches talking about SU etc. (NOTE: I asked to be part of the fundraising for the new VB upgrades back in the day----not even an call back).

What I am asking and have been asking for 6 years is this: How is the organization run, who is a voting member on issues, how do you become a voting members on issues, where can I get the bylaws. The sites you put forth do not give info to this depth, its all about what you get for donating (Same shit that's been up forever). I am looking to do more; however, it seems as if the powers that be do not want any new blood in the game, they just want a check.
    PM Sambini he can get you hooked up.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I dont think there has ever been a plan put in to place involving large amounts of people that doesnt have a few issues with a few people bitching about it. Some just love to bitch.
    TM has made moves to better the gameday experience every year while working with an explosion of demand. Now that they have made game days an event with great participation they are learning to manage it.

So this year we dont have enough reserved spots for the demand. Thats a good thing as you always want demand. Thats why they didnt put the whole lot in to reserved. Next year if there is enough demand for reserved they will fill up the other half. Create demand. Make people WANT to pay more money. Pretty good plan if you ask me.
    Some just like to bitch? No were just people who like to think for themselves and formulate our own opinions instead of accepting the status quo. If I didn't care I wouldn't bitch. And I do agree with much of what you've said actually. My issue is you make it sound like everyone who dares to question things is a whining person. What do I have to gain by bitching? Ill be one of the first in line regardless of what happens. I want what's best for the program. I dont think its a good idea to turn revenue away AND force people to skip tailgating or send them to the east side where they cant drink a beer. People that tailgate are going to get hooked. I think that in itself is valuable because when the championship run ends, they wont go for the game. They will go for tailgating which will lead to the game. The window is open now. We know the first 3 games will be batshit crazy. Put a plan in place now before people get pissed and it will be more than just me.

I agree with you that tm has made good changes. They happened because of "bitching."
    Last edited by HerdBot; 04-21-2013 at 08:07 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Some just like to bitch? No were just people who like to think for themselves and formulate our own opinions instead of accepting the status quo. If I didn't care I wouldn't bitch. And I do agree with much of what you've said actually. My issue is you make it sound like everyone who dares to question things is a whining person. What do I have to gain by bitching? Ill be one of the first in line regardless of what happens. I want what's best for the program. I dont think its a good idea to turn revenue away AND force people to skip tailgating or send them to the east side where they cant drink a beer. People that tailgate are going to get hooked. I think that in itself is valuable because when the championship run ends, they wont go for the game. They will go for tailgating which will lead to the game. The window is open now. We know the first 3 games will be batshit crazy. Put a plan in place now before people get pissed and it will be more than just me.
    You bitch because you care and can think for yourself and those that dont bitch dont care and just go with the status quo?
    Ok you go with that.

Tax returns here: http://990finder.foundationcenter.or...y=&action=Find

Tom Fox is listed as a contact on them for governing documents and the like. Full contact info is on the return.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

You bitch because you care and can think for yourself and those that dont bitch dont care and just go with the status quo?
    Ok you go with that.
    If people didn't bitch we would still have people buying 47 parking spots at $3 each. Im just trying to think pro actively so people dont have to bitch. I remember being pissed when I couldn't get in last year and others were too. They just aren't as vocal as I am or they didn't know who to complain to.. or just quit going (like aces)

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Make a call and ask.

What makes you think I have not. By the looks of the private messages I received, it seems like I am not the only one who has asked. Thus, if you know the info fill us in. If anyone on here is part of this group beyond those just donating and attending the luncheons....reach out to me I would like to do more than donate.

PM Sambini he can get you hooked up.
    TY 56 just seen this. will do!

Now we got some names-----we shall see how it goes! TY!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Tax returns here: http://990finder.foundationcenter.or...y=&action=Find

Tom Fox is listed as a contact on them for governing documents and the like. Full contact info is on the return.