Page 70 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Transfer Portal

I’ve noticed that too. Guys, like Jabril, had a higher draft grade while they were at NDSU then at whatever school they decided to transfer to and that includes LSU. I personally don’t recall one transfer our that actually went higher then they probably would have otherwise. Hayes probably could have been drafted from NDSU if stayed. Christian is a great example. I think Mathis is on a similar path. Stay the course and earn what you worked so hard for.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Its still early but it's a little ironic that Josh Hayes and Jasir Cox dont have an NFL Combine or Senior Bowl invite yet. It could still happen but 3 Bison who stayed have NFL Combine invites, including a guy who only played 3 games. So these guys may have NIL money but the Bison who stayed will have millions.

Heck Christian Watson stayed and it increased his stock and now he has 9 million dollars and he's the #1 receiver in Green Bay

A good rule of thumb is a combine or senior Bowl invite mean a draft pick. Neither and its a low pick or undrafted free agent.

I think Jasir could get drafted but I dont know how much he increased his stock
    Cox and Hayes are udfas at best. I dont think staying here would've changed them getting combine invites.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Its still early but it's a little ironic that Josh Hayes and Jasir Cox dont have an NFL Combine or Senior Bowl invite yet. It could still happen but 3 Bison who stayed have NFL Combine invites, including a guy who only played 3 games. So these guys may have NIL money but the Bison who stayed will have millions.

Heck Christian Watson stayed and it increased his stock and now he has 9 million dollars and he's the #1 receiver in Green Bay

A good rule of thumb is a combine or senior Bowl invite mean a draft pick. Neither and its a low pick or undrafted free agent.

I think Jasir could get drafted but I dont know how much he increased his stock
    Why would that surprise you? Its not like they showed they were better than a couple hundred other players in front of them. Or better yet what have they done to be combine worthy?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Good points. Also cudos for the “perspective” post—solid. A wounded Bison is dangerous.

Reader’s Digest version on my time at NDSU: WE switched to a 3-4 after my redshirt season/during the summer. I felt like I was buried on the depth chart. One minor injury for a starter, and I never missed a start again. If I can do that at DII level, so can our current young players—> Mixed in with some veterans and let’s party.

We’ll be fine!

Go Bison!
    Actually you made me think of it after you repeatedly said we need to play the young guys

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I certainly admire and respect those players who study and get their degree and honor their commitment to their fellow Bison. I will cheer for and support the team win or lose..... as long as Bison try their best for themselves, eachother, and Bison Nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I don't disagree with that at all, it's definitely big business.

They're still students and I don't like this at all. I'm kind of getting over it now, but that's mostly because I'm finding myself caring less and less. Unless I'm the only one, I don't think that's a good sign. I don't know many people that have loved college football more than me. I'm just going to attend the destination games to party and call it good for now. If they go FBS, maybe I'll re-engage. Or maybe I'll travel more instead.
    Agreed. Maybe I'll see you at the game in Minneapolis against PUD FCS TEAM. If not, maybe at a playoff game. My "must attend" attitude is gone.

Hate the fucking FCS, and l live 8 miles from the Fargodome.Season ticket holder since 2008'ish, and this shit fucking sucks.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Why would that surprise you? Its not like they showed they were better than a couple hundred other players in front of them. Or better yet what have they done to be combine worthy?
    Frankly, having that knowledge in advance would encourage more transferring. You got four years to play if you ain't going to the League.

Would you rather spend that last year or two in Fargo playing in front of 15-17k or at a P5 school offering you a last hurrah?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know personally a former NDSU player that stayed and worked his ass off, now he's doing pretty damn good

Moral of the story is he chose to stay for 1 more year, ended up getting drafted, great character man and someone ill always look up to. If the portal feels right do it. Good luck to them. It is what it is

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Big 12 > Big 10