Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Colgate - Next Up

Default Re: Colgate - Next Up

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Colgate is better than JMU. Period. They will give the Bison a good game.
    No. they’re probably not, despite the outcome last week. Doesn’t mean they aren’t a threat though.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I thought someone on The Insiders said the Patriot League doesn't allow redshirts which puts them at another disadvantage playing a physical team like ours.
    Indeed that is what their coach confirmed during the interview.

Really liked the coach btw. Sounds like a great dude. Think I could play for him. If I could play that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    You're wrong. You trying to "rile" up the masses by calling the fan debating whether or not to spend their money on game tickets, "Lazy" probably has the opposite effect. You're a hardcore fan, I get it. Not everyone is.
    I don’t know. Lazy is very likely the wrong adjective. “Fatigued” might be more accurate.

But I wholeheartedly agree with the core sentiment: this is a remarkable team and very notable among a whole string of remarkable teams. I think they’re really special and so for me I am willing to make several trips to Fargo for these playoffs to bear witness, even if s blowout ensues. Just like MAKBison states elsewhere I will be in my seat until the very last snap. And I will be yelling if my voice holds out.

Admittedly I may just sneak a peek at Bisonville in the fourth if our chaps are up a few scores.

I’m no Uber fan but I do really appreciate excellence in any and all forms, especially human endeavor. This team and their staff epitomize it in my opinion.

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Define "good".
    Halftime score:
    NDSU 17
    Colgate 14

Final score:
    NDSU 34
    Colgate 17

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I don’t know. Lazy is very likely the wrong adjective. “Fatigued” might be more accurate.

But I wholeheartedly agree with the core sentiment: this is a remarkable team and very notable among a whole string of remarkable teams. I think they’re really special and so for me I am willing to make several trips to Fargo for these playoffs to bear witness, even if s blowout ensues. Just like MAKBison states elsewhere I will be in my seat until the very last snap. And I will be yelling if my voice holds out.

Admittedly I may just sneak a peek at Bisonville in the fourth if our chaps are up a few scores.

I’m no Uber fan but I do really appreciate excellence in any and all forms, especially human endeavor. This team and their staff epitomize it in my opinion.

I agree with everything you said here. If he used "fatigued", I probably wouldn't have even responded.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    60 scholarships - all full rides. The Patriot has really stepped things up.
    The Patriot League is pretty good now. They actually have more full rides athletes than NDSU or any other FCS school does. We split them up and do 1/4 - 1/2 - 3/4 rides. If a Patriot League school stays healthy, they will be really good. Our depth is better obviously

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    That may be but this years JMU is not as good as the last 2. Period.
    Possibly true, but now irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Halftime score:
    NDSU 17
    Colgate 14

Final score:
    NDSU 34
    Colgate 17
    Personally, I will be surprised if Colgate scores 17 unless the Bison are in a giving mood. If we can control their running back they are going to have a tough time IMO.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Colgate has it’s own Southern Speed:

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/footbal...s-holland-ajaj

......In fact, Colgate has more Florida products (12) than players from New York (8). Only Pennsylvania boasts more (19) than the Sunshine State......
    That includes star RB James Holland