Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Verbal: Dawson Weber

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Verbal: Dawson Weber

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Meh, I know that I'll get some grief for writing this but I'd sure like it if he'd act occasionally like he'd been there before. Too much gangsta-wannabe showboating for my taste. It stands out like a sore thumb on a hard-hitting but humble Bison team.
    Insert something clever here...

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Meh, I know that I'll get some grief for writing this but I'd sure like it if he'd act occasionally like he'd been there before. Too much gangsta-wannabe showboating for my taste. It stands out like a sore thumb on a hard-hitting but humble Bison team.
    Great player but I have to agree with your assessment. Slow down with showboating.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Too much gangsta-wannabe showboating for my taste. It stands out like a sore thumb on a hard-hitting but humble Bison team.
    Cody Mauch went viral with his celebration in the championship game and I didn't see much complaining about acting like he'd been there before. When i think of Brock Jensen the image that comes to my mind is his discount double check belt celebration. So I'm guessing the issue is the gangsta-wannabe aspect which I'm not going to touch.

It's a game played by kids, I'm all for the kids having fun. If i remember correctly from last spring the bison were called a bunch of names on this board but I don't remember humble being one of them.

LOL Dawson is a ball of joy & energy. maybe get to know the kid. he's from Cali.. gonna have some swag
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    Cody Mauch went viral with his celebration in the championship game and I didn't see much complaining about acting like he'd been there before. When i think of Brock Jensen the image that comes to my mind is his discount double check belt celebration. So I'm guessing the issue is the gangsta-wannabe aspect which I'm not going to touch.

It's a game played by kids, I'm all for the kids having fun. If i remember correctly from last spring the bison were called a bunch of names on this board but I don't remember humble being one of them.
    Agree with this. At the same time, his penalty in the championship game was one of the dumbest/selfish penalties I’ve seen from a a bison player. Go celebrate with your teammates after an interception. Don’t run to the endzone to a turnover camera that isn’t a turnover camera.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Agree with this. At the same time, his penalty in the championship game was one of the dumbest/selfish penalties I’ve seen from a a bison player. Go celebrate with your teammates after an interception. Don’t run to the endzone to a turnover camera that isn’t a turnover camera.
    I did not like that penalty - and it was deserved (unlike the one Christian Watson got earlier in the year.)

But I ran the numbers and his trash talking alone is worth 3.5 point for game.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    What I didn't like was Weber's body language on the sideline after the penalty. It was like "I don't really care". Just blew the whole thing off.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    What I didn't like was Weber's body language on the sideline after the penalty. It was like "I don't really care". Just blew the whole thing off.
    its what the NFL guys do, we won like 50-7 who cares.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Cripes. Loosen up folks. Kid stays hyped out there. If it's not fun, why play? People feed off the energy. And, most of the time, he can back up the antics and shit talking with quality football.

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post

Attribution Bias much? softly implying that someone might be super secretly racist or something if they wish Dawson Webber would get less unsportsmanlike penalties when he does it all the time, but not as upset when an offensive linemen has 1 in in his career.

LOVE his attitude. wish he had less penalties. No excuse for penalties after the whistle But he is a favorite in our house, he gave my kids his gloves after the UND game in Grand forks, and he had a pick in that game
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS