Page 55 of 79 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Support Bresciani

Default Re: Support Bresciani

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    In his D-fence, didn't UN_'s pres. go to Harvard.....

....for a class on how to be a high school principle or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    No.

Even if he went to Harvard, without a true terminal degree, he shouldn't be the President of a serious research university either.
    I'm pretty sure after he got the job he took a class at Harvard on how to be a university president. That's the way I remember it anyway.

The real question is did he fly first class or take an online course?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Sorry I don't agree with this. Brilliant minds don't need a college education, it's just unfortunate that is what businesses solely rely on these days.
    Businesses, I agree 100000%(and they don't, the "requirements" might suggest that, but that doesn't mean anything). A research university? You better be well versed in what you are about to lead.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Businesses, I agree 100000%(and they don't, the "requirements" might suggest that, but that doesn't mean anything). A research university? You better be well versed in what you are about to lead.
    You can't work for my company without a degree but that's beside the point. A research university absolutely should have a PhD at the head of it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Not often I agree with required credentials, but you have to have a solid research track record to have the ability to lead a research university. Hard to do with without a Ph. D. somewhere along the way.

Bresciani was never a research scientist.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Bresciani was never a research scientist.
    and yet he has had a Doctor of Philosophy conferred upon him so I think, by definition, your statement may be in error.

Evidence: http://arizona.openrepository.com/ar...408_sip1_m.pdf
    Last edited by GreenfieldBison; 11-16-2016 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Add link to dissertation

not going to argue semantics.

he has a research degree and completed a dissertation that was unpublished and no other scholarly contributions in 21 years.

he's a professional administrator.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Fair enough. I have not reviewed all of the posts here but I don't recall anyone saying that it be a requirement that the top exec be a "well experienced" research scientist. But there was at least one view expressed that a PhD should be required. Thus the holder of this script has been exposed in detail to the full mission of the institution which they might presume to lead.

I have similar feelings about folks who hold the distinguished MBA overruling what tests might be ordered or administered by my MD. Just don't feel they are qualified to make that judgement. But we don't want to go down that rabbit hole...

Professional administrator is not a bad background for this position I feel. And the subject of his dissertation may make him extra qualified in this regard.

Morton opposed Bresciani--fair enough. Why? He isn't saying. That makes him a real coward in my book.
    http://www.westfargopioneer.com/news...-fargos-morton
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Disagree.

Let President Bresciani raise the issues if he wants otherwise its time to move on.