Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1108

Thread: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    So you're saying the offense that had the most efficient regular season of any Bison offense in the D1 era got there on sheer luck that their game plans were just that good going into all those games so they didn't have to make adjustments?

For all the "woe is us" talk when it comes to the Bison offense they're still averaging 37.6 points and 473 total yards per game. Both are top 10 in the FCS and the only reason they're not higher than that is because of the generally methodical pace they've operated at. Their 7.27 yards per play are tops in the FCS this year. They played like garbage in the 2nd half last week but that's been an anomaly on the year... they're very much due for a "positive regression" from that.
    Our offense statistic season averages look more impressive than what we have done the last 3 games. 22 points and 391 yards per game. I would say three games amount to a trend. What we did in October is not as relevant to me as what we have done recently. Our last 30 minutes of football produced the lowest offensive output in years. There is reason to be concerned.
    That being said, we know this offense is capable of putting up some big numbers. Today would be a great day to do it!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I shared the DPI video with several college official friends. They all felt it should be no call or possibly OPI if that was a push by the receiver. I feel the defender either tripped or it was incidental contact. Even good officials get it wrong sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cats2506 View Post
    No way would I trade coaches, Choate has buit this program from the bottom up, before he came we had one of the worse defenses in the FCS, now it is one of the best. He has had the offense retooled and it is pretty solid now but is still a work in progress. He was instrumental in getting a new $18M facility from 100% donations in 2 years. He uses his presser this week to prod the base to pony up for FCOA. Recruiting class looks good again, the staff has heavy Montana roots and is loved by the fanbase. I doubt you will find a Bobcat fan anywhere that would trade coaches with you.

Choate has built something, your coach is doing his best to maintain something others built.
    Quote Originally Posted by cats2506 View Post
    You coach hasn't built anything, he has contributed to maintaining what was already there
    Quote Originally Posted by minnesotabobcat View Post
    Also...what stats were you looking at?? On a per game basis, MSU gives up 20.6 points yet scores 34 points, so they are +13.4 points per game on average. Illinois State gives up 16 points....but only scores 19.8 pints per game...so that's an average of plus 3.8 points per game. It would seem to me that the MSU would be a much tougher test...based on overall statistics.
    The guy I responded to said Big Sky teams aren't as physical running the ball as MVFC teams. My point is some of them are. In fact, I would argue that the two remaining Big Sky teams would resemble more of the stereotypical MFVC squad than the stereotypical Big Sky team. Also...I know a lot of bison fans....and all of them are saying last years defense was much more physical than this years team, and the lines aren't as strong as past versions. Bobcats will put up some points tomorrow...don't worry.
    Bobcats starting defense is giving up an average of 8.6 points per game over last 6 games, so you might get one early in the game and one in garbage time after the Cats put this one away.
    Finally took the time to watch NDSU v ISU. Bison will roll for sure tomorrow....right into the offseason.
    These posts aged REALLY well...

Lolololol... they actually believed they had a shot to win this game... Lolololol...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    These posts aged REALLY well...

Lolololol... they actually believed they had a shot to win this game... Lolololol...
    Yeah where's minnesotabobcat and cats2506 now? Come on guys let's here it! Who's your daddy???

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yeah where's minnesotabobcat and cats2506 now? Come on guys let's here it! Who's your daddy???
    The long and short of things is that the Cats just got a beat down from a much better squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Our offense statistic season averages look more impressive than what we have done the last 3 games. 22 points and 391 yards per game. I would say three games amount to a trend. What we did in October is not as relevant to me as what we have done recently. Our last 30 minutes of football produced the lowest offensive output in years. There is reason to be concerned.
    That being said, we know this offense is capable of putting up some big numbers. Today would be a great day to do it!
    As today showed anomalies will happen. I'll take a 14 game average over a 3 game trend.... I'd even argue the offensive inefficiency was even more of a one half trend in the 2nd half of that ISUr game. This is the most diverse and explosive offense we've had at NDSU in the D1 era.

Looks like Coach Choate landed his point well.

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/sp...2e495b1c4.html

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Looks like Coach Choate landed his point well.

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/sp...2e495b1c4.html
    Wait until the next matchup when he finds out that NDSU players get ice cream sundaes from DQ (with sprinkles if they win) after each game.... I eagerly await his press conference whine line session on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Wait until the next matchup when he finds out that NDSU players get ice cream sundaes from DQ (with sprinkles if they win) after each game.... I eagerly await his press conference whine line session on that one.
    I was unaware of this benefit but I must say that as a holder of BRK this makes me very happy indeed.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Next year the Cats will be tough to beat. We’ll be up against. . .

“Never Again, Again”!