Page 269 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1692192592672682692702712793193697691269 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    To compare apples to apples in the bottom of the barrel comparison is New Mexico and San Jose State really better than WIU and ISU-B for curb appeal????????
    This is the MWC boner your going to hang your hat on??????
    That’s just it. Boise leaves and there’s the most appealing conference mate. Outside of that there isn’t a team that most casual has a clue about.

We have traveled well to Frisco and our FBS games but there’s no way our fan base travels that well week in week out as a whole when games are +1000 miles away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    The pres and the AD have told us as much on many occasions.
    Doesn't mean there isn't a plan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Doesn't mean there isn't a plan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I am guessing they have contingency plans in case things blow up suddenly and so forth. I’m just saying that they’ve told us that this is not something they are pursuing. Nothing would make me happier than to find out that’s just what they had to say publicly and in fact they’ve been doing much more behind the scenes.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    That’s just it. Boise leaves and there’s the most appealing conference mate. Outside of that there isn’t a team that most casual has a clue about.

We have traveled well to Frisco and our FBS games but there’s no way our fan base travels that well week in week out as a whole when games are +1000 miles away.

i wouldn't say that Boise is the only name in the MWC that matters.

Games against Wyoming, Colorado State and AirForce, UNLV would be a draw not to mention road games in Las Vegas, Denver and California... Fans travelling to games would go down for sure but the home games would be MUCH more exciting than they are now.

Our desire to go FBS should have nothing to do with how well we travel as a fan base.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I bet it takes less then 9 mwc championships in a row to get bored with the mountain west.

Lardsin must go!

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Remembering how SDSU stuck with us in the move to DI, I would love to keep the two schools a package deal to FBS. At least then we would have one bus trip in the MWC or MAC.

Also, it isn't going to happen.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post

Games against Wyoming, Colorado State and AirForce, UNLV would be a draw not to mention road games in Las Vegas, Denver and California... Fans travelling to games would go down for sure but the home games would be MUCH more exciting than they are now.

Our desire to go FBS should have nothing to do with how well we travel as a fan base.
    and besides the 2500-3000 fans at SDSU every other year, NDSU fans arent travelling too many other places.
    Plus the ALumni in those parts of the country will love it and You cant tell me we dont take thousands to Vegas, Colorado, Wyoming, San Diego? we will!

and dont give me the travel expense BS. Terra Haute, Youngstown are just as far as Colorado ST, Air Force, Wyoming
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post

Denver?

Hail the BISON!!!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We have a pretty small alumni base relatively speaking. Thousands aren’t traveling on a consistent basis. That’s all I’m saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Agreed. First thing is to get your foot in the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Can't believe I am letting myself get pulled into this but if that is the case it's a necessity that the initial deal with one of those leagues doesn't handcuff us for too long. 3-5 years and out
    If we just want our foot in the door then I'm for going Independent rather then tying ourselves to some far ranging conference for all sports. That would be a huge drain on our finances and no way out guaranteed. As an Indy we can keep our other sports in the Summit. We can make a scheduling alliance with the other Indy's. If a better conference offer comes along we can jump at it, in the mean time continue to grow our budget, facilities and improve all our sports.