Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: JMU Post Game Thoughts.

1C3BDC0C-4C62-4A63-B124-ACFB97EE1A21.jpg

Baloney, this picture, which is the frame BEFORE the one you posted, clearly shows both knees down WITH possession. Unless you want to say the top defender was running backwards

How the heck do you make the pic bigger on here?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMUSteeler View Post
    1C3BDC0C-4C62-4A63-B124-ACFB97EE1A21.jpg

Baloney, this picture, which is the frame BEFORE the one you posted, clearly shows both knees down WITH possession. Unless you want to say the top defender was running backwards

How the heck do you make the pic bigger on here?
    I don't see shit in that little blurry picture. And during the replay something moved before he hit the ground...though that may have been a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I don't see shit in that little blurry picture. And during the replay something moved before he hit the ground...though that may have been a hand.
    I know dammit, if you blow it up it does get blurry. Posted off my phone, not a pic I took. I think it's a Bison conspiracy to suppress the truth, or I can't figure out your forum. Anyway, I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Yep, saw that and many other plays he made. He came from the far hash on the final JMU offensive--take a look back at it?

Also, your reference to him being tackled reminds me: There were several, and I mean several times JMU's DL literally tackled our Olinemen, by either grabbing their shirts as they were "going down" or by simply tackling them from behind. JMU was doing everything it could, whether legal or not, to prevent our Olinemen from getting to the second level and or shuffling off to next defender. Also, and I don't remember who the call was on, but the personal foul on one of our Olinemen in first half for blocking below the waist (illegal block) was not even close. No contact was made. That is kinda what led to the short field for JMU in the first half.

Finally, once we realized that the official weren't calling shit on DB holding, etc., we "press-covered" Stapleton the entire half, leaving Schor with basically no one to heave the ball to when under pressure.
    On the pass interference Josh Hayes got called for in the endzone, a few of the fans around me thought Josh got pulled down by the receiver. Even though it literally happened in front of us, I wasn't paying enough attention to the pass until it got in the endzone (also, I was confused as to why the penalty was marked off for 15 yards and not half the distance as the line of scrimmage was the 20). Right or wrong, I was upset that got a PI call, while our receivers didn't. There weren't many missed PI calls for NDSU, but the one they missed for RJ was terrible. The part that upsets me is that this happened all year to the Bison receivers.

With that said, I'm glad they allowed the players to play the game.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Right, despite conflicting claims from each fanbase I have not seen anything conclusive either way.
    This is the clear take away here. Not enough evidence either way to overturn a call. I get why JMU fans are mad, Id probably be mad too if it went the other way. But for all the complaining about the officiating from them. Only one clear mistake made by the officials in my book and that was the first play of the game.

Make all the what ifs you want. Even if ruled a catch only gave them the ball around midfield and not like they were moving the ball all that well even from there. Maybe they get a TD maybe Schor throws a pick 6. The hypotheticals go both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    This is the clear take away here. Not enough evidence either way to overturn a call. I get why JMU fans are mad, Id probably be mad too if it went the other way. But for all the complaining about the officiating from them. Only one clear mistake made by the officials in my book and that was the first play of the game.

Make all the what ifs you want. Even if ruled a catch only gave them the ball around midfield and not like they were moving the ball all that well even from there. Maybe they get a TD maybe Schor throws a pick 6. The hypotheticals go both ways.
    I actually agree with you here, if this call gets changed it impacts the rest of the game. It is not an indicator of a different outcome, however.

Quote Originally Posted by TNbison View Post
    I think our noise was not even close to what we should have had for the game. Maybe it's just the vantage point I had being on the "bison" side(sect 124). I was really impressed with JMUs crowd noise. There were lots of people around us that weren't making any noise, not even a clap, even on 3rd downs. It's been said, and needs to be said again and again....What a great time to be a Bison!
    I was in section 131. Comparing to the two games (UNI and Wofford) I watched at the FargoDome this year, it seemed the crowd was louder to me. The Wofford game was pretty loud while the UNI game, I felt was a one-man cheering crew in section 9.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I would support JMU's claim that had their receivers not dropped five balls in the first half this may have been a much different game. But, where does that end? I would have preferred NDSU ran a four-down offense vs. punting at all.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    On the pass interference Josh Hayes got called for in the endzone, a few of the fans around me thought Josh got pulled down by the receiver. Even though it literally happened in front of us, I wasn't paying enough attention to the pass until it got in the endzone (also, I was confused as to why the penalty was marked off for 15 yards and not half the distance as the line of scrimmage was the 20). Right or wrong, I was upset that got a PI call, while our receivers didn't. There weren't many missed PI calls for NDSU, but the one they missed for RJ was terrible. The part that upsets me is that this happened all year to the Bison receivers.

With that said, I'm glad they allowed the players to play the game.
    JMU's defense thrives on a liberal interpretation of holding/PI.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯