Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire the clock mgmt coach

Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    This is how good the BIson are. Absolutely the most dominant team in the history of FCS, that their fans now sit on a message board and think...ok...so what possibly could we bitch about. Lets complain about...wait....well, ok, that time management thing. Face it, the reason anyone wanted anything different is that in TECMOBOWL back in college, we all ran Natrone Means on 3rd and 8 and got it. Who cares. It is one decision over the course of a game that we bitch slapped a former rival. That game wasn't close and anyone in the building was well aware. Everyone in the building knew we were running it up the gut, showing nothing and further embarrassing them. It was a laugher. Time to move on, and also give a brand new staff some rope. Goodness they look solid. Nothing is ever perfect...it is sports. For the record, on paper and how we were totally in control, I would have probably tried a couple plays to the outside, as they were gifts at that point....but I also didn't give a crap as I knew what was happening. It is sports. THe ending of that NFL game last night was absolutely amazing. I bet those message boards are on fire. I hope Bison fans realize how luck we are. THe youth on this team is so sick. Kobe is special at TAILBACK!!!!
    you run the 2 minute drill there, it was a mistake not to. we can move on. but to not to not address it on a message board devoted to our favorite team?? cmon , we DEMAND excellence and part of this fanbase's passion fuels these players/coaches.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

This is how good the BIson are. Absolutely the most dominant team in the history of FCS, that their fans now sit on a message board and think...ok...so what possibly could we bitch about. Lets complain about...wait....well, ok, that time management thing. Face it, the reason anyone wanted anything different is that in TECMOBOWL back in college, we all ran Natrone Means on 3rd and 8 and got it. Who cares. It is one decision over the course of a game that we bitch slapped a former rival. That game wasn't close and anyone in the building was well aware. Everyone in the building knew we were running it up the gut, showing nothing and further embarrassing them. It was a laugher. Time to move on, and also give a brand new staff some rope. Goodness they look solid. Nothing is ever perfect...it is sports. For the record, on paper and how we were totally in control, I would have probably tried a couple plays to the outside, as they were gifts at that point....but I also didn't give a crap as I knew what was happening. It is sports. THe ending of that NFL game last night was absolutely amazing. I bet those message boards are on fire. I hope Bison fans realize how luck we are. THe youth on this team is so sick. Kobe is special at TAILBACK!!!!
    Our two minute offense has been bad since Bohl got here.

Sure it doesn't matter in most games, but some game it will and we'll be more likely to piss opportunity down our leg because that's what we've become accustomed to.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    you run the 2 minute drill there, it was a mistake not to. we can move on. but to not to not address it on a message board devoted to our favorite team?? cmon , we DEMAND excellence and part of this fanbase's passion fuels these players/coaches.
    When you call people pussies and coaching scared...after absolutely bitch slapping another team, I think your motivation is somewhere else. My opinion. You wanted an 80 point victory and have absolutely NOTHING to complain about. So, you grab on something and bitch.

Why show a 2 minute drill there? Makes no sense to me. Like I said, I probably would have thrown a toss left...let Ty or Kobe try to beat some slow kid to the corner, maybe a deep ball to a Watson, and then taken a knee. I actually thought it was almost cocky personally....we are killing you. Lets go to half. LIke I said, it is a 60 minute game, and we play 15 a year. It is sports. Time to prioritize some things. It has been a few days, and if someone is that upset about it....maybe take a timeout. We are pretty lucky fans.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

If we were playing Western Illinois and was up 21-7 with 3 freaking timeouts, 1:33 left on the 38 yard line with Trey Lance. (who's NEVER done a 2 min drill yet live)

. you're dam right I would've had this same thread, I have 0 ax to grind with any of these coaches.

I'm not hyperventilating here, but geez louise FOOTBALL 101

You seem unstable. What is going to happen when we actually lose. Because that can and will happen at some point. Bison fans need to check in with reality. I think we lose a road game this year. If that happens, it happens. Playoff games are easier than playing in the valley. UND was awful. Shockingly bad. I really thought they would be better since 2015. When NDSU was exposed at UNI, they chose to fix it. It was all recruiting. We were embarrassed physically in that game.

Best of luck going forward with your week.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

You seem unstable. What is going to happen when we actually lose. Because that can and will happen at some point. Bison fans need to check in with reality. I think we lose a road game this year. If that happens, it happens. Playoff games are easier than playing in the valley. UND was awful. Shockingly bad. I really thought they would be better since 2015. When NDSU was exposed at UNI, they chose to fix it. It was all recruiting. We were embarrassed physically in that game.

Best of luck going forward with your week.

Unstable? bahaha. personal shot because you can't defend this coaching error. Ok Jay, I'm gonna be Denny Green and take the high road because i'd love to reply in kind

There is almost nothing to discuss post UND game so there is a vacuum to fill. I think it's valid to discuss how a prime opportunity to add to a lead before half was wasted. No axe to grind, no cheap shots at coaches, just a sensible critique of a time management decision. If that's not what a football messaging board is for, I'm gonna go post some climate change articles.

Also Kobe is the shit, almost as much fun to watch as Brooks and he's only a true freshman. Truly incredible recruiting find and apparently thanks in part to NDSU's relationship with Zeb and his father.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Our two minute offense has been bad since Bohl got here.

Sure it doesn't matter in most games, but some game it will and we'll be more likely to piss opportunity down our leg because that's what we've become accustomed to.
    I’m not sure this is true. Seem to remember the Jensen era teams scoring going into the half a lot.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If I’m a UND fan, I hope NDSU gets greedy and we can get a turnover and steal a quick score. I know my team is outmatched, and it’s going to be pretty close to impossible to score two more touchdowns the rest of the game by driving down the field.

Again, I’m not arguing that you’re wrong in an evenly-matched game. If this was UNI or SDSU I think we need to give it a shot. This wasn’t UNI or SDSU. The team we were playing was pretty much beaten at that point.
    Usually if your the team getting your ass kicked and have no chance to win you hope the other team slows things down so the score doesn't get run up even worse. I say we should have gone for the kill. One more nail in the coffin before half time. Deflate some of bubba's enthusiasm.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I’m not sure this is true. Seem to remember the Jensen era teams scoring going into the half a lot.
    Wentz had some wicked sub 2 minute game winning drives. UNI, SDSU, ISUr.