Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire the clock mgmt coach

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fire the clock mgmt coach

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    UND scoring a touchdown there obviously increases their chances of winning much more than us scoring would lessen their chances of winning.
    Should I not drive to work tomorrow?
    Possible positive: I make a few $$
    Possible negative: I get in a serious car accident.

Obviously, the negative is going to affect my life a lot more.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Same applies to this situation. What did UND want us to do?

George Chahrouri
    @PFF_George
    Simple rule on 4th down: if what you do makes every fan of the opposing team/fan base breath a sigh of relief it is probably the wrong decision

UND scoring a touchdown there obviously increases their chances of winning much more than us scoring would lessen their chances of winning.

You're smart enough so I doubt you’re arguing that, I assume your point is that we were much more likely to score at that point than they were?
    I’m not making an argument one way or the other. I was attempting to prompt a more complete analysis. I don’t think I disagree with anything you presented, as far as it goes.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Same applies to this situation. What did UND want us to do?

George Chahrouri
    @PFF_George
    Simple rule on 4th down: if what you do makes every fan of the opposing team/fan base breath a sigh of relief it is probably the wrong decision
    If I’m a UND fan, I hope NDSU gets greedy and we can get a turnover and steal a quick score. I know my team is outmatched, and it’s going to be pretty close to impossible to score two more touchdowns the rest of the game by driving down the field.

Again, I’m not arguing that you’re wrong in an evenly-matched game. If this was UNI or SDSU I think we need to give it a shot. This wasn’t UNI or SDSU. The team we were playing was pretty much beaten at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Should I not drive to work tomorrow?
    Possible positive: I make a few $$
    Possible negative: I get in a serious car accident.

Obviously, the negative is going to affect my life a lot more.
    Idk, what are the odds that you get in a car accident? If it’s the same that NDSU turns the ball over in that situation, I’d either take the bus or lay off the alcohol.

But if you want a more realistic analogy, let’s try this:

I’m going to give you a million bucks. Yay, you get to live comfortably for “the second half”.

Now you get an offer to place a bet to double your money with the odds of you winning at 60%. Do you take that bet?

Not exactly apples to apples, but certainly closer than your freak accident example.

Ahh the old hindsight “we should’ve done X” lmao could you imagine if Trey would’ve thrown a pick 6? You same people calling Entz scared would be calling him an idiot.
    Nope.

10 char

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Um, it's not really hindsight when people were disagreeing with the decision while it was actually occurring.
    Wrong. NDSU fans want to go for virtually every 4th and short regardless of field position. So, what does that say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Wrong. NDSU fans want to go for virtually every 4th and short regardless of field position. So, what does that say?

We trust the Rams?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post

That Audit has convinced us that the numbers don't lie?

Idk, what are the odds that you get in a car accident? If it’s the same that NDSU turns the ball over in that situation, I’d either take the bus or lay off the alcohol.

But if you want a more realistic analogy, let’s try this:

I’m going to give you a million bucks. Yay, you get to live comfortably for “the second half”.

Now you get an offer to place a bet to double your money with the odds of you winning at 60%. Do you take that bet?

Not exactly apples to apples, but certainly closer than your freak accident example.
    So your analogy would imply a 40 percent chance of the NDSU offense making a turnover? Your analogy of double or nothing is also not a fair one. More like...

You have 10,000 dollars and possible investment. You have a 90% chance of making between 0-50% return, and a 10% chance of losing 25 percent. Would you take it?