Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moonshot? Please spare me the Hyperbole

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Moonshot? Please spare me the Hyperbole

Guys like McFeeley when discussing the move DII to DI in 2003 and now the move from 63 to 85 DI football, really do more harm than good. He talked about it with words like moonshot, trying to get us all to think it’s this incredibly high bar. We are not joining the B1G. We would be joining the likes of the Sunbelt, MAC, USA, MWC . . . heck it’s a natural progression that the likes of Coastal Carolina made. Moonshot-No, not even close, even in the MWC. Spare us with the hyperbole McFeeley, remind us again about your take on the DII to DI moonshot?

Moonshot-No
    Hyperbole to the Nth Degree-Yes
    Another example of media trying to shape our thinking incorrectly -Yes

Time to urge NDSU to do the right thing and move forward. An offer from the MWC isn’t going to come out of thin air. You’d likely have to play 2-3 years as an Indy or in a fledgling conf like the WAC, paying your dues, then earn a MAC or MWC opportunity. Just reality.

I know McF means well, but he is practically wetting himself over the current activity in the WAC, ASun, and Southland (Yawn). I’m no sure that’s the guy anyone should be listening to with regard to what NDSU needs to do for its future.
    Last edited by Herd; 01-27-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Default Re: Moonshot? Please spare me the Hyperbole

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Guys like McFeeley when discussing the move DII to DI in 2003 and now the move from 63 to 85 DI football, really do more harm than good. He talked about it with words like moonshot, trying to get us all to think it’s this incredibly high bar. We are not joining the B1G. We would be joining the likes of the Sunbelt, MAC, USA, MWC . . . heck it’s a natural progression that the likes of Coastal Carolina made. Moonshot-No, not even close, even in the MWC. Spare us with the hyperbole McFeeley, remind us again about your take on the DII to DI moonshot?

Moonshot-No

Time to urge NDSU to do the right thing and move forward. An offer from the MWC isn’t going to come out of thin air. You’d likely have to play 2-3 years as an Indy or in a fledgling conf like the WAC, paying your dues, then earn a MAC or MWC opportunity. Just reality.

I know McF means well, but he is practically wetting himself over the current activity in the WAC, ASun, and Southland (Yawn). I’m no sure that’s the guy anyone should be listening to with regard to what NDSU needs to do for its future.
    The WAC to pay dues????? That is an absolute garbage conference please explain how moving down the chain would help NDSU
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post

Moonshot-No

What do you mean McFeely means well? He doesn’t write articles because he “means well”. He’s an instigator arguing with himself using clickbait articles. These are topics that have been discussed thoroughly for 8 years now and he acts like he’s cracked the debate wide open.

If he meant to add any real substance to the narrative, as a journalist he should’ve interviewed Bresciani, Larsen and Entz and written his article.

This is who McFeely is (I’m sure he’ll even be the first to tell you). I don’t know why people keep expecting more out of him. Stop clicking his articles and he’ll go away...

coreect take. couldn't hack it as a writer before.
    went to kfgo failure
    went to wday radio failure
    now hes a part timer basically. go back to Alexandra and write for the echo press

we've already hashed out this fbs thing since 2013
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    coreect take. couldn't hack it as a writer before.
    went to kfgo failure
    went to wday radio failure
    now hes a part timer basically. go back to Alexandra and write for the echo press

we've already hashed out this fbs thing since 2013
    And it still doesn’t work where does the fucking money come from you need at minimum another 20 million annually none of the p5 conferences pay enough to make up the 20million

Where does the fucking money come from
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    And it still doesn’t work where does the fucking money come from you need at minimum another 20 million annually none of the p5 conferences pay enough to make up the 20million

Same question was asked when they debated going D1/FCS yet here we are one of the top funded FCS schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Same question was asked when they debated going D1/FCS yet here we are one of the top funded FCS schools.
    exactly.
    CFP money
    Big Dance money
    TV money

(if we go all sports into the MWC)

plus get some real fundraisers in place who are aggressive
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

McFeely wants us to move up. I don't so anything negative in his comments.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post

literally not true at all but ok
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    McFeely wants us to move up. I don't so anything negative in his comments.
    I agree- I think the OP 's comment is that he agrees with McFeeley in-so-far-as he believes we should go FBS, but disagrees that its this oUtRaGeOuS decision- when in reality is that it would be a bold move, but not in the least outrageous or unheard of. Just the natural progression of things.

I think McFeely worded it that way because of the kind of bloaks on this board who have stated over and over again that if we go FBS we'll somehow get WORSE recruits, LESS donations, LESS media rights money, LESS draft picks, WORSE coaches, LESS donations, FEWER fans, and would ultimately be relegated to the UMasses of the world lol.

I think his comments were more reflective of the general attitude of D2 bison fans who think getting a yellow jersey, or god forbid, a green helmet, will be the end of the program, versus how he actually views the jump to FBS. the Jump to FBS is not a moonshot, but getting 56 and the like to accept this obvious reality, IS, in fact, a moonshot.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS