Page 94 of 132 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

Default Re: Kolack and Izzo can't like this

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    Ok fair enough but lets let the past be our teacher on this. Either we are doomed to repeat it or learn from it. This latest episode looks more like the status quo crowd won out. We will have to wait and see if the next go around that changes. All I could think about when I heard those against this on any media outlet was here we go again with the little man syndrome. Hell it's even in this thread somewhat. No I don't see NDSU as Alabama or any P5 but your synopsis is accurate about where you see NDSU being. But if NDSU is going to get to that lower P5 or High G5 level the kind of thinking that killed this latest effort to build value in the media contract has to be put to rest. Otherwise a divided camp will get NDSU nowhere. Hell I'm sure there are some who read this board or see this as putting NDSU in its place (McFeely) and feel NDSU should always be where we are now. Remember the old saying you are either moving forward or backward there is no such thing as staying even.
    If building the value of the contract was their goal they should've announced these new restrictions before bidding was even opened. You can look at it both ways. You say they're trying to increase the value of their media contracts. I say they're changing the rules of engagement after the ink on the contracts that they're trying to increase the value on was already dry. It's obviously their prerogative to do that whenever they want but just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. They could double the cost of every season ticket in the dome to get more revenue and they'd probably still sell them out but you'd better believe there would be bitching. Is it worth all this trouble three years before you'll see the real benefits? I say no, not at the expense of the coverage you're losing.

Timing was a big problem here. If their sole objective is to increase the value of their media contracts they're going to have to wait until the next go round of bidding before they see the fruits of that change anyway. If, before the bids are even submitted, they make it clear these are the restrictions that non-broadcast rights holders have that the broadcast rights holders do not have you make things a lot more transparent. Then they've got more of a leg to stand on, especially if they think the bids are lowballed. I'm not saying these restrictions are completely outrageous, it's just the timing of it and the justification given for it didn't make NDSU look very good.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Baylor U is keeping THIER assistants off limits. Where's mcdummy & baldpack comments on this?? actually having NDSU cave in because of a bunch of small timers with pitchforks really makes me see that THEY HAVE ZERO BALLS TO ASK FOR A FBS INVITE OR GOD FORBID A NEW STADIUM. Embarrassing http://www.espn.com/college-football...s-media-season
    Wow Thats a nice bit of extrapolation. You start off with an example of Baylor media policy and then try to correlate it to a move to FBS and a new stadium?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Default Re: Kolpack and Izzo can't like this

The G5 media deals that have renewed recently have dropped drastically. Wasn't it CUSA that dropped to just a fraction of what it was before?

IMO, if the P5/G5 split happens like everybody says it will, the 2nd tier media deals might become far less valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    You know what I would like to see? Tatanka and Izzy host a pregame call in show. Have Bisonvillers come in as guests. First guests would be Mr Burgundy and bigUND. It would be epic.
    Yeah, but Tatanka would be a no-show.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeMothers View Post
    Yeah, but Tatanka would be a no-show.
    Then just like tailgating, it is better when he's not present. His daughter can fill in for him...she wants to be there more than him anyway.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Like I said...... Some may not want the truth to come out.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

So there should be outrage at FCC for requesting the stuff they did then. Burn the bitch down. #sportsreporterslivesmatter
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I wonder if this is a return shot at Porterhouse's post about Gappy falling the ratings?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    So there should be outrage at FCC for requesting the stuff they did then. Burn the bitch down. #sportsreporterslivesmatter
    Anxiously awaiting the scathing and sarcastic articles coming from Port and McFeely calling for ousters due to the "ridiculous demands" in that bid....