Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: If Larson did have contact with the MW?

Default Re: If Larson did have contact with the MW?

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Two Items

1)Could if be possible NDSU ISN'T getting calls from the Mountain West or Mid America Conference? NDSU and Fargo has issues working against us. Location and size of media market. I don't want to hear comparisons to Laramie and Manhatten Kansas. Schools in those markets are able to generate $10's of millions for their respective media deals. Look at NDSU's with Learfield. $2 million, $3 million? Thus adding an NDSU along with cost of travel, you are diluting your gross revenue pool as NDSU does not meet the league averages (Mountain West for sure, Manhatten and KSU used for size of city discussion). So if NDSU doesn't add enough to the top line to keep the existing schools even at least. No reason to subsidize NDSU and add them.

2) Was the money ever fully raised for the SHAC? If you recall, the fundraising effort was $6-8 million short and the development foundation stepped.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...h-the-MW/page4

I have never found this mentioned again. Did the Development Foundation ultimately write the last check or did the athletic department raise the funds and relieve the foundation from its guarantee. I have never seen that the latter happen. Never been talked about again. I suppose I could go into the Foundation financials and see if they completed the project.

That said, raising money for the IPF in my opinion is a more complete project from the Matt larson's perspective as the money has been raised.

one more point to add. Does it make sense to be working on a conference move as a bottom tier member of any conference you go to? you spend day and night trying and then the goalposts move again. Lets say MW was close. Then all of a sudden, Boise, CSU Vegas and Fresno are gone and for all practical purposes the conference is too. Time and effort is lost. Until you know what the landscape looks like, it may be better to sit back and wait.
    We're not getting calls because the Mountain West and MAC haven't lost 1 team yet. Being rumored to leave isn't the same as leaving.

NDSU is NOT the Fargo market. We are the North Dakota Market and western Minnesota market. One could argue, we are bigger in Minnesota than North Dakota. That's why our radio network goes all the way down I-94 and has affiliates in St Cloud and Minneapolis. That's why we draw 35K people for a game in Minneapolis. Don't we have more alumni in Minnesota than North Dakota?

For football only, travel costs are irrelevant because every game in the Mountain West is charter flight for every team. We woudn't join as an all sports league. But even if we did, we would get FBS payouts for FBS games. Like 2.5 million to play Texas. Not the measly 500-600K we get now.

And I agree, ML has been a better fundraiser than GT. But GT built the foundation.

Coverage before adding St Cloud
    Last edited by HerdBot; 10-20-2021 at 05:07 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I usually cite that we are too far, but what about Hawaii? I wouldn’t get to drive to that one.
    Distance definitely is a factor but it's not an absolute deterrent. It's just much easier to add a school already in your footprint. Fargo isn't in or near anyone's footprint. Fortunately the school and athletic department have built a brand that makes it desirable for conferences looking to expand. I'm sure they are on the radar of many conferences. The president and AD may have to do some sales and marketing but NDSU is known by those who need to know.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    2 weeks?? WTF come on man!
    CAS and I will be discussing this on our new, (as of now) unnamed radio show. Special guest PL to discuss his pending lawsuit against Tony.

The show will air in just two more weeks.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    CAS and I will be discussing this on our new, (as of now) unnamed radio show. Special guest PL to discuss his pending lawsuit against Tony.

You could name it Shootin' the breeze with Kevdogg and CAS or maybe Charles in Charge.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    You could name it Shootin' the breeze with Kevdogg and CAS or maybe Charles in Charge.
    I'll add that to the list. Frontrunner right now is K-Dogg & The Cashole.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Really, really hope MW gets 2 poached, and then the combination of SDSU and NDSU makes sense, ideally football only. But, I live in fairly godmother land.....and just don't see how we ever overcome the location issue.
    ENOUGH WITH THE LOCATION!

WE FLY TO YOUNGSTOWN OHIO and SPRINGFIELD MISSOURI what the difference between that and Colorado State, Wyoming, Air FOrce. maybe a duck fart.

if NDSU is football only in a confererence, they FLY 1 time every 2 years to FARGO big flipping deal.
    MAYBE NDSU promises to have 2 Neutral site games in Minneapolis to appease them for a big market

doesnt matter you won't see this post until next tuesday
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I'll add that to the list. Frontrunner right now is K-Dogg & The Cashole.
    The bro sho?

Lakes u need to up your game

The bro sho?
    KEV & CAS talk out their Ass.