Page 17 of 141 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

I think it was mentioned earlier, but I just don't think Klieman will be as successful at the next level as a head coach. Way too many basic game management mistakes. He is a great recruiter and has had the best players on the field in almost every game he's coached. That's not going to happen in FBS.

He'd make a good DC. I can't imagine him putting up with Fleck's circus but maybe staying near home would be a big enough draw to overcome that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    OK. Then explain...

I have said many times that he saw what climbing the coaching ladder did to his mentor Terry Allen. It's plausible that he doesn't want to go through that. Plausible doesn't mean certain. Nobody in this thread knows exactly what is going on any more than I do.
    Your last sentence is not accurate.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I think it was mentioned earlier, but I just don't think Klieman will be as successful at the next level as a head coach. Way too many basic game management mistakes. He is a great recruiter and has had the best players on the field in almost every game he's coached. That's not going to happen in FBS.

He'd make a good DC. I can't imagine him putting up with Fleck's circus but maybe staying near home would be a big enough draw to overcome that.
    I fully agree with you on this. NDSU is a FCS train running down the tracks full speed. You need to be organized more than a 'great football mind'. There are a good number of coaches that can take over the rein's of a winning program and continue to win. There a 'VERY FEW' that can build a program from the bottom like Bohl did. I will always consider Bohl in a class by himself. How soon we forget where NDSU was at when he came to the Bison and where this program was at when he left. The Cupboard was full!!!! That man deserves a statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Your last sentence is not accurate.
    I forgot. The text, right?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post

Lets remove the Klieman to Gophers talk. That isn't happening. You can ask Bryce Paup about coaching for that Elite program.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Lets remove the Klieman to Gophers talk. That isn't happening. You can ask Bryce Paup about coaching for that Elite program.
    Replying to note I am limited to liking a post only once.

Hopefully Klieman sticks around for another 10 years, but I doubt he will. I'd chase the one big contract if it came my way if I were him. As for the Gophers, it sounds like the early beef on PJ (Brewster 2.0) is that he has never coached a big time FBS program, with that, should the Gophs make a change in 2-3 years I dont think it will be a first time FBS guy. Right or Wrong the Gophs next hire wont be a one hit wonder from a mid major.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Hopefully Klieman sticks around for another 10 years, but I doubt he will. I'd chase the one big contract if it came my way if I were him. As for the Gophers, it sounds like the early beef on PJ (Brewster 2.0) is that he has never coached a big time FBS program, with that, should the Gophs make a change in 2-3 years I dont think it will be a first time FBS guy. Right or Wrong the Gophs next hire wont be a one hit wonder from a mid major.
    Fleck is a P5 coach, but there is no way in hell I would qualify the Minnesota Gophers as a "big time FBS program". If they are, then so are all of the teams in the Fun Belt Conference.

Klieman may get his shot somewhere. Next year we lose 14 starters. Just saying. Could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Klieman may get his shot somewhere. Next year we lose 14 starters. Just saying. Could be wrong.
    Everybody says that but when your 2's can beat a lot of other teams, is that a big deal?

I can name a dozen returning players next year that other teams would start this year.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯