Page 53 of 111 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2017 Recruiting Updates

Ryan Burns on fire tonight, saying Gophers have 5 commits today......
    Last edited by bruinbison; 01-07-2017 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Make that 6 verbals for dagophs, another WMU flip

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Costner Ching is another name to keep a close eye on. 9 man player out of SD.

6'3" 250 DL/TE

https://youtu.be/tJug9vtnYFM

Unless you think it's normal for Fleck to follow Gindorf and Gindorf to follow Fleck on Twitter today... My guess is he's gone

Ryan Burns of Bison Report must be happy.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Unless you think it's normal for Fleck to follow Gindorf and Gindorf to follow Fleck on Twitter today... My guess is he's gone

Ryan Burns of Bison Report must be happy.
    Started following him yesterday.

Hope he stays a Bison as he's an unbelievable talent. But isn't the first time this may/will happen and won't be the last.
    Last edited by Jay; 01-09-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ryan Burns is the publisher of both GopherIllustrated and the Bison Report on Scout. He is clearly a huge Gopher fan. He interviews players being recruited by both programs and he clearly has inside information on the recruiting strategies of both programs.

Question for Bison fans: do you think Burns has a conflict of interest?
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

I've tried to give Ryan the benefit of the doubt as when the coverage has been focused on NDSU it has been a very good product. My thoughts were they would be grooming Ross to take over the recruiting portion in addition to the great athletics coverage he provides but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It is tough to not feel there is a conflict of interest when he is not equally sharing information to paying Bisonreport subscribers that he is posting about NDSU commits on Gopher Report. Want to continue to support Scout as I think it is good visibility for our program, but recent events have been highly frustrating.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Ryan Burns is the publisher of both GopherIllustrated and the Bison Report on Scout. He is clearly a huge Gopher fan. He interviews players being recruited by both programs and he clearly has inside information on the recruiting strategies of both programs.

I've had this feeling regarding Burns for a while. Frankly I think it's deceitful. I also hope that he isn't being invited to any NDSU football camps to "interview recruits" when he is probably just scouting for another program. Maybe I'm wrong and it's of value to both programs but that sure isn't how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post

I highly doubt any recruit would determine where they'll go based on what he would say to them.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I highly doubt any recruit would determine where they'll go based on what he would say to them.
    It's not what he would say to a recruit, it's additional info/insight he could provide to another program both about recruits as well as NDSU inner workings. He is essentially acting like a gopher scout with access to another program. Not sure how this doesn't bother people

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like that Bison Report exists. Ross Uglem does a great job! I have respect for entrepreneurs. Ryan Burns made a bet on NDSU when he became the publisher of Bison Report for Scout. However, I do NOT think that Burns should personally be the recruiting reporter for Bison Report, because of his rooting interest in the Gophers. Most of the time, the programs are recruiting different players, but there is some overlap. Burns can potentially develop information when he talks to players and others involved in the recruiting process that can be helpful to one program and harmful to another.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden