Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: National Signing Day - Class of 2023

Default Re: National Signing Day - Class of 2023

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Donald Trump is 6-3
    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Trump lies
    If Menard is only 6-0, Trump is 5-10

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Speaking of Menard, there's a younger Menard, Antonio who graduates next year. We better offer that kid like yesterday. Looks a lot like Greg but he's 6-3.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    I can confirm this. I have met Greg. I’m 5-11 and he was barely taller than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. Passed by nim in Frisco after he graduated, I'm 6' 2'' and he was a couple inches shorter than me.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I agree. Passed by nim in Frisco after he graduated, I'm 6' 2'' and he was a couple inches shorter than me.
    Gabe uses his one measers, and they or wrong, just like his claim that many of out recruits aren’t athletic, but that’s his very poor assessment… but he know everything and then some 40 times or whether. Just dense in the head.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Gabe uses his one measers, and they or wrong, just like his claim that many of out recruits aren’t athletic, but that’s his very poor assessment… but he know everything and then some 40 times or whether. Just dense in the head.
    Hey I know you always have to be right so Trump is officially 5-9. You settled it. Your assesment is as sharp as your legal advise. Actully my 7 year old can figure that one out

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Hey I know you always have to be right so Trump is officially 5-9. You settled it. Your assesment is as sharp as your legal advise. Actully my 7 year old can figure that one out

Give it up man. Several people have met Greg and he’s not 6-2. He’s 6-0 6-1 tops. A great player and it means nothing but why you keep posting the same shit is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm giving this class a "C"
    if we popped on 1 major recruit or decommits stayed it'd be a B+
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    The good thing is nobody cares. You complain every year, week and day about NDSU recruiting… and here we are in another title game.

Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by Jay; 12-23-2022 at 07:36 PM.

Odds & Ends on this year’s (so far)
    recruiting class:

https://gobison.com/news/2022/12/21/...gning-day.aspx

QB - If all NDSU needed was a depth QB sign, there was a pretty darn good one right in the back yard - Michael Rostberg of Shanley HS, who signed with FCS St Thomas. But the coaches must have both seen something and connected with New York product Trey Drake. Will be interesting to see his progression.

RB - After last year not having a scholly RB, this was a big priority for the Bison. CharMar (Marty) Brown from Creighton Prep - a school that has been good to NDSU - was the choice. I’ve been watching to see if another RB, a change of pace type, gets added. Perhaps as a PWO. So far no sign of such a scat back, but there is a PWO offer out to a metro KC RB, DJ Jones. He, however, might be waiting on a possible KState PWO. A wildcard scatback could be John Gores, Shanley PWO listed as a WR on the current roster.

TE - One possible TE in class, 6’ 4” 210 Collin Knorr, a TE/LB athlete.
    I’ll guess that means the coaches like last year’s recruits - true freshman Kelby Azure, Nate Forystek & Kaden Zenzen. Plus RFr TE’s Finn Diggins & Carson Williams.

WR - None yet, but late offers were put out to big WR Vuciri Hakim (Shanley) plus QB/ATH Jacob Kilzer. Transfer Portal possibility??? I don’t guess they would, but who knows if both recruits are missed on. Highly rated class last year with Mehki Collins, Carson Hegerle. Plus PWO’s John Gores & Cedric Wall.

OL - 4 OL signed, 2 IOL plus 2 who could be OT prototypes.
    I am getting a bit concerned about the OL recruits seeming a little small by Ram standards. And not just this year. The majority of OL who have started since the Bison FCS dynasty began were 6’ 5”, or even taller.
    Three Star Beau Johnson looks like a TE coming in at 6’ 5” 241……but I said the same thing about Mason Miller when he was signed from Ada-Borup……

DL - 3 DE’s, plus one DT signed. Keenan Wilson could be, size-wise as a DT at 6’ 1” 284, the next Javier Derritt. Am hoping for a Greg Menard/Kyle Emanuel type from Victor Isele (6’ 2” 221) and Abraham Myers (6’ 2” 222). Finding rush DE’s is not easy……
    DE Brennan Palmer is the one DL recruit with height at 6’ 4” 237. He also looks like a TE coming in, but Coach Entz mentioned Palmer could outgrow the DE spot and move inside. DL seems like another position that has gotten a little smaller for the Bison - good to see at least one recruit each year 6’ 4” or above. Last year had Kelton McCaslin plus PWO Josh Magin, plus Logan Larson (6’ 3” 262) and Toby Anene (6’ 3” 250) are solidly built already. DE McCaslin was mentioned as someone who was close to playing, without redshirting. The same was said of Larson at DT early in the season.

LB - 4, possibly 5 LB’s signed. If Collin Knorr ends up a LB, at 6’ 4” would be the tallest Bison LB since, well, Cole Wisniewski. Otherwise the new LB’s are all the smaller, quick type. I’m going to guess that means good things about young LB’s Nathaniel Staehling (6’ 2” 227) & Austin Altepeter (6’ 2” 218) - both are true freshmen and were highly regarded as recruits. Plus Cole Wisniewski could have 2 more years left if he/the coaches want…..
    Coach Entz thinks he got a steal out of Wisconsin in LB/ATH Jaiden Pickett.

DB - A strength of the class, 5 were signed. Jailen Duffie is perhaps the highest rated of all the recruits. Three star, #39 ranked prospect in Illinois - would be the 8th highest ranked prospect ever for NDSU in current recruiting sites # if the number holds. At 5’ 11” 165, Duffie makes me think of Tre Dempsey coming out of high school. Jaylin Crumby may not have stars (yet), but had a really solid offer list. Reese Sheldon gives the Bison a QB/DB high school background that lets you dream on Jimmy Football (James Hendricks).

Since coaches put out late offers to two bigger rush DE’s, plus a 290 lb IOL with starting experience, the WR & QB ATH - this gives us an idea of what might be on the To Do List for recruiting. I agree with others on getting a big DT also, if possible. I’d enjoy seeing another 6’ 5” + OL as well, but that is just me being greedy.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 12-25-2022 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I give it a C- because that is reality. The recruiting classes by current NDSU coaches are beginning to slip.