Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: National Signing Day - Class of 2023

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: National Signing Day - Class of 2023

Our best players haven’t even necessarily been three star players. Seems like quite a few that have had the highest stars haven’t necessarily made that large of an impact. What we are doing is working great for now. Unfortunately people have noticed and will continue to try and poach these kids we have offered and it is getting worse especially as the coaching tree has expanded.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    why don't we even offer 4 and 5 star kids?

at this point in our program you could show the recruit they could play Day 1 and be in the NFL in 3 years if they perform.

I'm not saying we will get these kids but we don't even offer
    Why waste time, effort and relationship building with players that will never come here?

Or spend time with our 0-3 star kids, recruit retain and develop… and they’re 4 and 5 star ability by the time we need them to play.

why don't we even offer 4 and 5 star kids?

at this point in our program you could show the recruit they could play Day 1 and be in the NFL in 3 years if they perform.

I'm not saying we will get these kids but we don't even offer
    We develop our 4 star kids. Outside of QB, it's a waste of time and resources to offer. We will never get a 5 star QB either unless we can pay them more than our head coach makes

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Why waste time, effort and relationship building with players that will never come here?

Or spend time with our 0-3 star kids, recruit retain and develop… and they’re 4 and 5 star ability by the time we need them to play.
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^

We recruit kids to fit the system not recruiting kids and then change the system to fit them. The developmental model seems to be working quite well. We could go out and chase all these big names and big egos and then end up with more issues, transfers and . Entz said it best in his presser, Kids whose brother, team mate, friend ect. have been here seen the commitment and effort it take and still choose to take that on. Those are the kids that we want and need. And the kids we target and should continue to.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

4 and 5 star kids can often go to P5 schools, play right away, and go to the NFL in 3 years. And kids aren't recruited to Alabama and Ohio State because they are 4 or 5 stars. They are 4 or 5 stars because they've been offered by Alabama or Ohio State. Sure, the Bison can offer, but they need to focus efforts on realistic targets. Recruiting is hard work. No need to waste time on unrealistic targets.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Like the sands in an hourglass eh

Lardsin must go!

i guess I'm just looking into the future for bigger and better.

Plus we are only #153 on 24/7 Overall https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Fo...lTeamRankings/

ONLY 1 3 star recruit Duffie.

Composite Wise

3 3 stars Duffie & Beau Johnson & Hendricks

8 2 stars Liwienski Pickett Azure Schneckloth Charmar Wilson Isele Schultz
    (4 of them got upgraded to 2 star after signing w NDSU)

Rest are pwo/unranked.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Plus we are only #153 on 24/7 Overall https://247sports.com/Season/2023-Fo...lTeamRankings/

ONLY 1 3 star recruit Duffie.

Composite Wise

3 3 stars Duffie & Beau Johnson & Hendricks

8 2 stars Liwienski Pickett Azure Schneckloth Charmar Wilson Isele Schultz
    (4 of them got upgraded to 2 star after signing w NDSU)

Rest are pwo/unranked.
    lol if you really think the campbell camels are truly the #83 school in the nation and 70 spots ahead of NDSU then you are an idiot.

Stop reading dumb rankings...I know it's hard for you because you need that sweet sweet SWEET national validation, but ffs just stop.

Plus we are only #153 on 24/7 Overall and only 1 3 star recruit Duffie.
    Its in line with a typical season which is usually 130 ish.

Looking to the future i hope we can get a collective that is evenly distributed. To continue on 5 star QBs making huge money... Apparently some schools who pay their stars huge money and its dividing locker rooms. Just what we want, a QB who gets 250k and an o-line who gets 0 and is annoyed. What could go wrong?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

i guess I'm just throwing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks.
    Fixed it for you.