Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: National Signing Day - Class of 2023

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: National Signing Day - Class of 2023

I saw somewhere today the number of Bison recruits in the top 20/30 from their respective state. It was an impressive list. I was curious to see where the Indiana top 30 went. Of course these rankings are very subjective and often wrong, but it's still an interesting comparison.

https://highschoolfootballamerica.co...e-2022-season/

These were commits, and I haven't found a full list of signings yet. Only 1 was committed to an FCS program (Illinois State #29). 14 are P5 and not surprisingly mostly B1G. 12 were G5 with 9 to the MAC (3 each for Ball State and Western Michigan). Indiana often ranks in the 15-20 ranking for all states. Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Nebraska are 25-35. The other MAC states (Illinois, Michigan, Ohio) are also top 15 states. There are several FBS schools in these states so that talent gets spread out, but the MAC does have a lot of talent.

This also reinforces NDSU has done a great job finding raw talent and developing it in less talent rich areas.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    WOW that's a lot of DB in one class. Not a lot of LB or OL or DL and not a single WR? or did I miss that?
    There were a couple of late offers, one to local prospect Vuciri Hakim and the other to Jacob Kilzer. Hakim is a tall WR and Kilzer is a QB/ATH with 4.5-4.6 speed. Perhaps one of them will still choose NDSU. I would also guess that RFr Eli Green is a battlefield promotion where he is/will be put on scholarship after originally being a PWO.

I saw a Ryan Burns comment last week where he thought Kilzer would wait until the late signing period to make a decision. He has a Minnesota PWO offer, so that gives him more time to decide on his options. Kilzer could also end up as a safety, and in NDSU’s case they did have the two decommits (Devin Clark & Grant Larkin).

QB/ATH/DB Reese Sheldon - iirc he was a PWO commit originally, but as he signed yesterday I’ll guess he got that promotion to a scholly because of the two decommits at DB.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    LOL! I fucking love Matt Entz. He's a funny guy, with a huge heart. Hey coach! If you have any of your staff reading this shit I still have some eligibility left, I'll run through a wall for ya*.

*success not guaranteed
    Wait a minute...I thought that the program was in shambles and there is strife in the locker room and no one wants to play for Entz?
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Wait a minute...I thought that the program was in shambles and there is strife in the locker room and no one wants to play for Entz?
    I love brick tamland too eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    LOL! I fucking love Matt Entz. He's a funny guy, with a huge heart. Hey coach! If you have any of your staff reading this shit I still have some eligibility left, I'll run through a wall for ya*.

*success not guaranteed
    Entz stands out in just his quick and complete recollection about all the players and recruits. And he comes across as genuine. That, at lease to me, shows what makes him great on the recruiting trail.

why don't we even offer 4 and 5 star kids?

at this point in our program you could show the recruit they could play Day 1 and be in the NFL in 3 years if they perform.

I'm not saying we will get these kids but we don't even offer
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

at this point in our program you could show the recruit they could play Day 1 and be in the NFL in 3 years if they perform.

We just need kids better then sdsu eh.

Lardsin must go!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Entz doesn't want to read an angry post from you in 4 years where you're bitching about some rockstar player that goes into the portal for his last season after helping to win some natties for the Herd.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Entz doesn't want to read an angry post from you in 4 years where you're bitching about some rockstar player that goes into the portal for his last season after helping to win some natties for the Herd.
    haha. good one
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Do you realize how much time and effort goes into securing a verbal commitment? You don't just send them a couple letters, a text, and an offer. There's limited time and money to spend recruiting these guys so it's pointless to spend that time on someone who you know you're not going to get because you're sacrificing time that could be spent recruiting a prospect who has a reasonable chance of signing at your school. The only way recruits get 4/5 star designations is because they're offered by the biggest of the big boys in college football - NDSU ain't winning those battles... in fact they wouldn't even be in the conversation.