Page 12 of 365 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

bisonfan08 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Has Richman Run this Program Into the Ground??

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Why hire you when Dave gets to channel you for free?
    Haha you're probably right, I'll have to stop posting my tips here. I'd do twice the job for half the price though, it'd be a great deal for the university, probably the greatest deal of all time...HUGE improvements

Rick Pitino is available!!!

I think the problem is the low post game has been absent in Bison Basketball with the exception of the couple of years here and there. The Bison seem to be a team that live and die by passing the ball around the perimeter and bombing 3's. There needs to be more of an effort to get effective and efficient low post players on the squad like Marshall Bjorklund and Andre Smith (the only two in somewhat recent memory) to balance out the offensive attack and keep defenses honest. Until then mediocrity at best is guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by 02Bison View Post
    I think the problem is the low post game has been absent in Bison Basketball with the exception of the couple of years here and there. The Bison seem to be a team that live and die by passing the ball around the perimeter and bombing 3's. There needs to be more of an effort to get effective and efficient low post players on the squad like Marshall Bjorklund and Andre Smith (the only two in somewhat recent memory) to balance out the offensive attack and keep defenses honest. Until then mediocrity at best is guaranteed.
    That's easier said than done at this level. Very few SL teams have a back-to-the-basket post threat. SDSU has one of the best SL teams in recent memory this year and only Daum goes back to the basket and he's more effective elsewhere. Guard oriented basketball is the game that mid-majors need to play but that doesn't mean they need to be 3 point chuckers exclusively. What they need are guards that can break down a defender, get to the rim, and either dish or finish effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That's easier said than done at this level. Very few SL teams have a back-to-the-basket post threat. SDSU has one of the best SL teams in recent memory this year and only Daum goes back to the basket and he's more effective elsewhere. Guard oriented basketball is the game that mid-majors need to play but that doesn't mean they need to be 3 point chuckers exclusively. What they need are guards that can break down a defender, get to the rim, and either dish or finish effectively.
    Yes, Yes and Yes!!!!!!!!! Then make the damn free throws as well. Rebounding would help too. Just saying.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 02Bison View Post
    When I went to the US Bank thing. I am jealous of the SDSU big guys. They just straight up look bigger all around and more athletic. I hate to admit it.
    The fella that watches the CFL

So please explain to me, at this level, which of our teams have had more success. Current teams with a ton of guards and athletic forwards or past teams with a true low post presence? I'll take our tournament teams any day and twice on Sunday over this guard-dominated crap. We used to beat teams into submission with low post guys who were able to play back to the basket and tough defending in the post. What we're doing isn't working, so why try? Because everyone else is? Everyone is playing air-raid football too but we do it different because for us, that's what works. No need to be followers. Be leaders. There's no reason Rocky can't post up and learn the footwork necessary to dominate in the post. Meidinger should also learn the same thing because unfortunately, I don't think he's going to turn out like KAT for us where he can play 30 feet off the rim. Christiansen (sp?) should also learn how to at his size when he comes in. Then he becomes our version of Daum. If you're going to get the big boys in here, develop them to play with their back to the basket. The teams that have won the Summit and did well in March Madness all had inside presence that this team deeply misses. Need more pig farmers.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree that most mid majors don't have a real a dominant post player. But, you still need to ATTEMPT to get the ball to someone in the block on occasion. Anyone can post up if you can create a mismatch. We go extended periods where there is no attempt to get the ball to anyone in the block with their back to the basket. The perimeter game will open up if you can play inside-out. Our offense gives me headaches when I watch it. No back cuts, need to attack the basket more off the dribble and less perimeter passes and handoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    So please explain to me, at this level, which of our teams have had more success. Current teams with a ton of guards and athletic forwards or past teams with a true low post presence? I'll take our tournament teams any day and twice on Sunday over this guard-dominated crap. We used to beat teams into submission with low post guys who were able to play back to the basket and tough defending in the post. What we're doing isn't working, so why try? Because everyone else is? Everyone is playing air-raid football too but we do it different because for us, that's what works. No need to be followers. Be leaders. There's no reason Rocky can't post up and learn the footwork necessary to dominate in the post. Meidinger should also learn the same thing because unfortunately, I don't think he's going to turn out like KAT for us where he can play 30 feet off the rim. Christiansen (sp?) should also learn how to at his size when he comes in. Then he becomes our version of Daum. If you're going to get the big boys in here, develop them to play with their back to the basket. The teams that have won the Summit and did well in March Madness all had inside presence that this team deeply misses. Need more pig farmers.
    Christensen's are sugar beet farmers... not pig farmers

Noah will be 6 10 and play inside and out and hit 3's. he's going to be dynamic. he loves to pass, too much actually that the coaches yell at him to score haha.

NDSU IS 2-7 on way to 2-10 for sure. ( I predict we lose to 1-6 EWU ) Conference 6-10 would be a stretch

8-20 at best won't cut it, I can't even give away my front row tickets. Such a shame that we've lost everything since 3 dances in 7 years. Argh
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 12-08-2018 at 01:11 AM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Agree completely. The run and gun guard offense mentality isn't/hasn't been successful. It is kind of like saying NDSU's football team should abandon the ground and pound run game in favor of college football's air it out football. The ground and pound game has worked out well for the football team. I wish the basketball team would adopt more of that philosophy as well. We need some balance. High low inside first then out game. Andre Smith, Lucas Moorman , Brett Winkelman all gave the Bison that low post threat to at least keep opposing teams honest on D. We haven't had something like that since.