Page 65 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Sooner or later this will happen. The world will not end and we'll wonder what all the fuss was about. At the pace the Sunday closing laws changed, I might not see it in my lifetime, however. Change is slow in ND.
    We need to fuss to prevent this. I really can't imagine putting up with the overly intoxicated people who attend concerts in the dome.... at football games. They're a mess. The place is a mess. They don't have hours to tailgate before the concert, & some of them are more-than-disgusting. Regarding this topic, I hope change continues to be slow in ND.

wha whaa whaaaa.

shut up and open the taps President Bresciani.

All he has to do is say YES to the Fargodome dork in charge and voila.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    . Regarding this topic, I hope change continues to be slow in ND.
    wow........really??

This thinking is exactly why NDSU waited 20 years too long to make the jump, should have went with UNI, Montana, Montana St, Ect... Just think where the University may be if they had not had this slow ND pace.

MVC? MWC? who knows...or yes maybe trash

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    wow........really??

This thinking is exactly why NDSU waited 20 years too long to make the jump, should have went with UNI, Montana, Montana St, Ect... Just think where the University may be if they had not had this slow ND pace.

I don't know, beer in the Dome doesn't strike me as being on the same level as your examples.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

wow........really??
    Vet is correct. Regarding the topic of beer during fb games is ALL I was referring to.

Vet is correct. Regarding the topic of beer during fb games is ALL I was referring to.
    The funny part about the "big time" thinking is that not many big schools allow beer sales in their stadiums. Granted, the numbers have increased over the past decade, but only 50 FBS programs sell beer and the vast majority of them are G5 schools (https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...eer/528530002/).

For those who believe that beer sales will vastly increase revenue, it probably is not as big as you think. According to this article, https://www.news-herald.com/news/ohi...222464d0c.html, The Ohio State (probably the biggest school that allows beer sales) only generated $1.23 million dollars from beer sales in 2017. Considering that their stadium is at least five times the size of the FargoDome, the beer sales for NDSU football games would probably only generate about 1/4 million dollars per year. Not to diminished that amount as puny, but is it even enough to cover the increased insurance cost for whoever is responsible for paying it (probably NDSU)? How about the increased other costs of more security, FargoDome staff members and other things I'm not aware of right now? My guess is simply no.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I mis read sorry

I by no means am saying selling beer would make NDSU "Big Time"

I don't care either way, but I love people who say that it would be some giant Mosh Pit because some people have a watered down Keg beer to sip on. When there are events all over town that serve beer with no problem. Selling or not selling beer in the dome is not going to change the drunks, they will be there regardless, its a revenue stream that is untapped, maybe give it a try instead of pricing people out of their seats for extra money?? If it doesn't work and Doomsday happens then shut it down.

Until they actually try nobody will know, the example of Ohio State is a good one. They debated this same thing and allowed beer to try, turns out nobody died and people are adults, worked out and they still serve it. I know people that attend OSU games regularly so I asked them

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The funny part about the "big time" thinking is that not many big schools allow beer sales in their stadiums. Granted, the numbers have increased over the past decade, but only 50 FBS programs sell beer and the vast majority of them are G5 schools (https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...eer/528530002/).

For those who believe that beer sales will vastly increase revenue, it probably is not as big as you think. According to this article, https://www.news-herald.com/news/ohi...222464d0c.html, The Ohio State (probably the biggest school that allows beer sales) only generated $1.23 million dollars from beer sales in 2017. Considering that their stadium is at least five times the size of the FargoDome, the beer sales for NDSU football games would probably only generate about 1/4 million dollars per year. Not to diminished that amount as puny, but is it even enough to cover the increased insurance cost for whoever is responsible for paying it (probably NDSU)? How about the increased other costs of more security, FargoDome staff members and other things I'm not aware of right now? My guess is simply no.
    Gene Taylor said after they researched the sale of alcohol they determined the benefit was too small to go down that road.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I mis read sorry

I by no means am saying selling beer would make NDSU "Big Time"

I don't care either way, but I love people who say that it would be some giant Mosh Pit because some people have a watered down Keg beer to sip on. When there are events all over town that serve beer with no problem. Selling or not selling beer in the dome is not going to change the drunks, they will be there regardless, its a revenue stream that is untapped, maybe give it a try instead of pricing people out of their seats for extra money?? If it doesn't work and Doomsday happens then shut it down.

Until they actually try nobody will know, the example of Ohio State is a good one. They debated this same thing and allowed beer to try, turns out nobody died and people are adults, worked out and they still serve it. I know people that attend OSU games regularly so I asked them
    Let's turn it around. It seems that NDSU does plenty well without it. Are people dropping like flies because they CAN'T drink beer in the Dome?

Just because someone doesn't get killed, fall down the steps etc doesn't mean that there isn't more nuisances caused by this, such as people puking, constantly falling against the person next to them because they are unable to stand for 30 secs, these things happen at the other events because I've seen it happen, they're not "newsworthy" so likely no tracking is done on them but it irritates those around that are just having fun and probably a few people even that put down a few beers and are good.

Just because an "incident" doesn't garner news doesn't mean it didn't happen.

ADD KANSAS TO BEER SALES LIST

Kansas to begin beer, wine sales at Memorial Stadium https://t.co/5BZdzqxLER

cmon ndsu. youre letting hundreds of thousands of dollars slip thru your hands when we need it!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?