Page 335 of 365 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 3646

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Haha! Don’t know a lot of fans who rip on the head coach after winning a postseason game….
    because beating 296th usd and a sdsu team that is the worst team they've thrown out in 10+ years WHILE we are 14-16 in D1 games will EQUAL 3 more years of him because heaven knows he hasn't gotten a job offer since he's been here & won't get any this offseason either, hell matt stony brook is probably writing up another 4 year contract at Scarlet's tonight.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Haha! Don’t know a lot of fans who rip on the head coach after winning a postseason game….
    Apparently the Football Team’s enjoy the victory for 24 hours motto doesn’t apply here

And the Biggest Source of Bison Fatigue on Bisonville poster who mocks the Bison for beating 296th ranked South Dakota then conveniently forgets to tell us what the Jackrabbits rank was after this fun W for NDSU in Sioux Falls. Why were the Goalposts moved like that???
    Instead of saying NDSU just beat 149th SDSU on their home court in the Conference Tournament, it becomes SDSU’s worst team in 10 years*……typical for him……

*SDSU was/is 19-13 (13-5 Summit, 10-2 Home)

Anyways, on to 42nd ranked Oral Roberts!
    Hope the Bison continue the improvement they have shown in the latter part of the season. If ORU happens to win, am looking forward to watching/cheering for them in the NCAA’s. Until someone shows me a path to a different conference, hoping for improvement by the Summit League is all that is left. ORU did a great job 2 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I am reveling in this victory. We beat those Fucks from Brookings. I love it.

Summit league success is not my ceiling. Whatever Dave is doing is fine if that’s your ceiling. It’s not mine. That’s all I’m saying.
    What's your ceiling at this moment in the program? Is there an example of a program that represents your ceiling?

Just trying to understand both sides of the argument.

At this moment I do not care to look at the grand scheme of things. Ima just gonna enjoy NDSU beating teh Jacks and ending their season.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Apparently the Football Team’s enjoy the victory for 24 hours motto doesn’t apply here

And the Biggest Source of Bison Fatigue on Bisonville poster who mocks the Bison for beating 296th ranked South Dakota then conveniently forgets to tell us what the Jackrabbits rank was after this fun W for NDSU in Sioux Falls. Why were the Goalposts moved like that???
    Instead of saying NDSU just beat 149th SDSU on their home court in the Conference Tournament, it becomes SDSU’s worst team in 10 years*……typical for him……

*SDSU was/is 19-13 (13-5 Summit, 10-2 Home)

Anyways, on to 42nd ranked Oral Roberts!
    Hope the Bison continue the improvement they have shown in the latter part of the season. If ORU happens to win, am looking forward to watching/cheering for them in the NCAA’s. Until someone shows me a path to a different conference, hoping for improvement by the Summit League is all that is left. ORU did a great job 2 years ago!
    I will be cheering for a Bison win tonight as well. Whether they win or lose, I will still be advocating for leadership to realize that the basketball program at NDSU is key to the continued growth of the athletic department. In my opinion our vision for the basketball programs should be a bit more national. In order to generate excitement around the program, we have to generate more interest than what being a top 3 Summit team has done. Why is what the rest of the Summit League does define our ceiling? Why couldn't NDSU raise the ceiling for the Summit League? NDSU has raised the ceiling for the MVFC. NDSU football forced everyone else to chase them to the top and look at what it has done for the conference. You think that if NDSU raised the bar for funding and success in the Summit that SDSU and Oral Roberts wouldn't try to chase them? NDSU doesn't HAVE to limit our basketball program's development by staying in line with what the rest of the Summit does.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    only thing worse than demanding better is apathy. and apathy is 1500 fans at home games even the public sees through thru the bs
    I'm one of the ones that seldom ever goes to a basketball game. Not because of Richman, not because I demand better, but because I really don't care about basketball all that much.... even if we were national champs I don't think that I'd attend any more games than I do now.

Having said that, I do listen from time to time on the radio or watch on TV. I'm hoping they do well and I cheer for them (as much as a fan can cheer at a tv/radio). Not everyone is as rabid of a fan as the top posters on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    What's your ceiling at this moment in the program? Is there an example of a program that represents your ceiling?

Just trying to understand both sides of the argument.
    Since Bruin brought it up, something like what ORU did 2 years ago is about as literal of a ceiling as you can get for us.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BISONBRI53 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I'm one of the ones that seldom ever goes to a basketball game. Not because of Richman, not because I demand better, but because I really don't care about basketball all that much.... even if we were national champs I don't think that I'd attend any more games than I do now.

Having said that, I do listen from time to time on the radio or watch on TV. I'm hoping they do well and I cheer for them (as much as a fan can cheer at a tv/radio). Not every TRUE FAN is as rabid of a fan as the top posters on this board.
    Fixed it for ya
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

True fans unite!

We should never, eveeeer aspire for anything greater than what we have! True fans unite!

To seek improvement in any aspect is not true fandom! True fans unite!
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Two things can be true at the same time: We can be happy about kicking the **** out of SDSU last night in Sioux Falls and advancing to the Summit Championship for the 5th straight year, and we can also step back and recognize that there is still room to grow as a program in the big picture of things.

- First things first: DWT, Tajavis, Morgan, & Jacari have grown tremendously since November. I honestly didn't recognize them last night. Very impressed on how they have grown in 5 months. Grant is and always has been a beast, so I'm not at all surprised he set the Summit League Tournament record for rebounds in a game last night. Skunberg has really settled in to being the #2 option in this program. This team has come a LONG way since the start of this season and kudos should go to all the players and coaches, INCLUDING Richman...

- Second point: Why does NDSU basketball under coach Richman have to wait until Sioux Falls to figure out how to play the game of basketball every season?? Every media person last night was touting Richman's 18-5 Summit Tournament record as amazing, which I agree that it is. But why can't Richman ever translate that into success in the regular season?? Every single year he ramps up the team for Sioux Falls, does really well in the Tournament, and NDSU fans are happy. But then the following season comes around and NDSU looks like they've never played basketball before for the first 2-3 months of the following season. EVEN when NDSU returns its entire roster (I get that this year's team was almost all new players, but what was the 2021-2022 team's excuse?). The critics on here, myself included, have been striving for NDSU basketball to build on the success it has had in the past 12-13 years. The problem is, you really can't build upon previous success when you have to start over every single season and "Re-learn" how to basketball again by the following March. That to me is the cause of some of the frustration as it happens EVERY year... It's just happened for so long that people here have turned to more vitriol than just frustration.

For those of you that are going to say "The only 3 games that matter are in Sioux Falls".. spare me. Every NDSU fan wants to win the Summit League Tournament every season. Duh! But there is more to building on a program's success than just 3 days in Sioux Falls. That is the challenge for Richman, build upon this last month's success with young team going forward into next season.