Page 333 of 368 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 3671

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm InTo ThE gRoUnD??

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Bison win in a tournament game and people still bitch and complain. I just dont get it. Yeah, I wish we could beat teams like Kansas, go 25-4, and make the sweet 16 every year. But come one, the Bison have had amazing success. To take a team with no seniors and mostly underclassman including true freshman to another title game is pretty amazing. Never doubt tournament Dave!!
    I am reveling in this victory. We beat those Fucks from Brookings. I love it.

Summit league success is not my ceiling. Whatever Dave is doing is fine if that’s your ceiling. It’s not mine. That’s all I’m saying.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I am reveling in this victory. We beat those Fucks from Brookings. I love it.

Summit league success is not my ceiling. Whatever Dave is doing is fine if that’s your ceiling. It’s not mine. That’s all I’m saying.
    Name me another coach that is 18-5 in the Summit League tournament. The Summit League is the conference we are in. Having success at it is pretty good.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Name me another coach that is 18-5 in the Summit League tournament. The Summit League is the conference we are in. Having success at it is pretty good.
    What about my previous post makes you think I give a single fuck about Summit league success? You’re gonna criticize me for having higher standards? Go ahead, bro.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison win in a tournament game and people still bitch and complain. I just dont get it. Yeah, I wish we could beat teams like Kansas, go 25-4, and make the sweet 16 every year. But come one, the Bison have had amazing success. To take a team with no seniors and mostly underclassman including true freshman to another title game is pretty amazing. Never doubt tournament Dave!!
    Cmon. Making the summit finals isn’t amazing success. It should be the minimum expectation for this program. We are an above average low major basketball program. Nothing more. We don’t fund a program that will ever be more than that. Tonight was great. You know what would be even more great? Realizing those types of performances need to happen early in the year to build fan excitement and engagement so that there is momentum to fund the program at a higher level so that we could actually position ourselves to make some noise in the tournament when we get there. It’s fine to celebrate tonight’s win. It’s also reasonable to want more from this program than just success at the Summit Tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Cmon. Making the summit finals isn’t amazing success. It should be the minimum expectation for this program. We are an above average low major basketball program. Nothing more. We don’t fund a program that will ever be more than that. Tonight was great. You know what would be even more great? Realizing those types of performances need to happen early in the year to build fan excitement and engagement so that there is momentum to fund the program at a higher level so that we could actually position ourselves to make some noise in the tournament when we get there. It’s fine to celebrate tonight’s win. It’s also reasonable to want more from this program than just success at the Summit Tourney.
    You’re making some weird points, bro. Weird truth. Points.

Bro.

The Summit League is also the level we fund our program at. You can keep ordering steak at Applebee's and being mad that it's not as good as at Gordon Ramsay's Steakhouse or accept the fact that Dave makes a decent steak for cooking at Applebee's.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The Summit League is also the level we fund our program at. You can keep ordering steak at Applebee's and being mad that it's not as good as at Gordon Ramsay's Steakhouse or accept the fact that Dave makes a decent steak for cooking at Applebee's.
    Maybe I’m wrong about this - but we appear to be recruiting above our pay grade… are we coaching above our pay grade?

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Most coaches with that level of tournament success would be able to parlay it into a bigger job. Maybe the rest of the college basketball world realizes that winning outside the Summit carries more weight than going 18-5 in the Summit tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    What about my previous post makes you think I give a single fuck about Summit league success? You’re gonna criticize me for having higher standards? Go ahead, bro.
    At least he can beat SDSU, which is more than I can say about the forsaken football program

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    At least he can beat SDSU, which is more than I can say about the forsaken football program
    Goddamnit, Johnny. I was having a good night…