Page 58 of 78 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2023 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I would disagree. It isn't a no brainer to me. Lot of people get stuck on a depth chart of a P5. We don't know all of the circumstances. But, I do love a up and coming D2 who wants to improve the level of competition. My point, you simply never know.

King Frazier, etc. SDSU has a couple of great examples as well. I guess you just never know.
    I totally agree with you. I was more annoyed Chapo was belittling a D2 player. Brayden Thomas was D2

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I totally agree with you. I was more annoyed Chapo was belittling a D2 player. Brayden Thomas was D2
    Yeah, it is annoying all he sees are stars sometimes, or else it is all FBS

Look at all the FBS offers DE Zach Durfee - University of Sioux Falls - was pulling in
    (NDSU offered early)

Will be interesting to see if the new LB is a PWO or a scholly.
    Wonder if Burgundy knows?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Yeah, it is annoying all he sees are stars sometimes, or else it is all FBS

Look at all the FBS offers DE Zach Durfee - University of Sioux Falls - was pulling in
    (NDSU offered early)

Will be interesting to see if the new LB is a PWO or a scholly.
    Wonder if Burgundy knows?
    It’s even more annoying when you figure out how circular the Star reasoning is…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Originally Posted by bruinbison
    New 2023 NDSU Offer

Jacob Kilzer
    @KilzerJacob
    Maple Grove HS 2023 | 6'3" 200 | GPA 3.6 Crimson QB | 6A State Runner Up | All District | ⚾️ Crimson CF/RHP | State 4th Place | Maple Grove, MN
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison
    Jacob Kilzer now offered by Minnesota (PWO)
    Also offered later by Air Force.

Kilzer offered by Army last week

Jacob Kilzer now offered by South Dakota.

Interesting offer now, perhaps a “you will be a QB for us”
    emphasis being put on the recruiting relationship……

……made more interesting by South Dakota hiring away SDSU’s
    Passing Game Coordinator and him being the Coyote Offensive Coordinator

Josh Davis - https://www.plaintalk.net/sports/art...6dd516686.html

edit: I do see that USD did sign one QB in the early Signing period,
    so no sales advantage over NDSU there……unless NDSU wants an “ATH”
    and if Kilzer wants to be a QB.

https://goyotes.com/news/2022/12/21/...ing-class.aspx

Thread Drift Warning!

Lots of Star Power to the Coyote Class!

The QB they already signed is Todd Drummond from Oklahoma - maybe some Bisonville Foodies know his Mom - Ree Drummond - https://www.instagram.com/thepioneerwoman/?hl=en

A DL from Iowa they signed is Tayeton Lohaus, only 6’ 4” - a little shorter than his Dad, former Hawkeye & Boston Celtic Brad Lohaus.

And an athlete from Mt Vernon SD they signed, Reed Rus, is the nephew to former Vikings LB Chad Greenway.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 01-14-2023 at 02:20 PM.

If I may continue the thread drift, Bruin, I refereed Thursday night with a person who is close to the Lincoln Keinholz family of Pierre. He found out an interesting tidbit of information. We all know he committed to UW, then switched to The Ohio State U. His reason for decommitting from UW to OSU was the inducement package that included a 1. 2 million dollar NIL deal. He didn't say if that amount was for all 4 years or if that was what he'd get per year. Truly freakin' amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    If I may continue the thread drift, Bruin, I refereed Thursday night with a person who is close to the Lincoln Keinholz family of Pierre. He found out an interesting tidbit of information. We all know he committed to UW, then switched to The Ohio State U. His reason for decommitting from UW to OSU was the inducement package that included a 1. 2 million dollar NIL deal. He didn't say if that amount was for all 4 years or if that was what he'd get per year. Truly freakin' amazing.
    Talk about ruining college football. Within 10 years it will simply be NFL Free Agency where 3rd stringers make 50k. The gap between the top 10 will be off the charts and it will kill the sport. It will be 10 teams and everyone else will have parity. If your a team like Minnesota, Kansas State or Iowa, good luck competing with Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia and Alabama.

Teams like NDSU are going to have to focus on the developmental program more than ever. We also need to jump on board and offer something, even if it is somewhat of a small collective of businesses who can offer like a few grand per player in exchange for endorsing services or promoting something on social media

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Talk about ruining college football. Within 10 years it will simply be NFL Free Agency where 3rd stringers make 50k. The gap between the top 10 will be off the charts and it will kill the sport. It will be 10 teams and everyone else will have parity. If your a team like Minnesota, Kansas State or Iowa, good luck competing with Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia and Alabama.

Teams like NDSU are going to have to focus on the developmental program more than ever. We also need to jump on board and offer something, even if it is somewhat of a small collective of businesses who can offer like a few grand per player in exchange for endorsing services or promoting something on social media
    I can’t believe that we’re going to pay people some semblance of what their skills are worth, what is the world coming to?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I can’t believe that we’re going to pay people some semblance of what their skills are worth, what is the world coming to?
    NCAA is amatuer. Not professional. They are also state owned schools most of the time

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    If i got paid for my posting worth I'd get millions to eh.

Lardsin must go!