Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ndsu colorado state score predictions

Default Re: Ndsu colorado state score predictions

our defense is very strong. we returned 7 starters from last years squad and many quality backups. the defensive line and secondary are mostly intact. the lb spot isnt as deep but has some proven players. our dline is small but i believe they will hold their own vs you guys. drevlow is a power rusher and does a great job at stopping the run. our ends are quick and get great penetration in the backfield. they did a great job last season vs minnesota and closed the pocket quickly vs. marquese gray. our secondary has fbs talent. marcus williams is arguably the best corner in fcs and would start for many fbs schools. they wont give up many big plays.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Craigram,

Our defense is about as good as it gets and will be one of the tougher defenses you will face all year (you probably won't believe me but it is true). We have a phenomenal defensive back field and a really good line. Our linebackers are really good as well, but we are thin at that position. I read an article talked about the MWC and it indicated CSU's second toughest game of 2012 will be against NDSU and that was written by an unbiased person (wish I remember where i read that two weeks ago). By the way sagarin has us winning for what that is worth and had us projected much higher than you at the end of last year.

The last time we had a team this good face what is a comparable in my mind was in 2007 at Central Michigan which won the MAC. We destroyed them by 30 and it wasn't even that close at their place. This victory and others against FBS schools are the reason we are confident. I think most NDSU fans believe if we face a mid major or lower half BCS team we have a great chance to win and feel like we should win.

Howdy, craigram1. Well, a lot of the fun of this week has been washed away already.

Coaches usually don't overlook NDSU - the players do. Apparently, Minnesota managed to do it three times.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    marcus williams is arguably the best corner in fcs and would start for many fbs schools. they wont give up many big plays.
    What schools would he "not" start for is a better question. I doubt there are many......maybe in the SEC?

The offense needs to be big for us (assuming 8 sit out), Our secondary will be hard to replace if we dont have williams or pierre but our d-line and linebackers become big and dominate imo.
    31-27 Bison

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good point socalled,

If as we expect he might get drafted in the 3rd or fourth round he would start for almost everybody and honestly Heagle is so underrated in terms of his potential as an NFL player. He seems to be somewhat similar to Dahl and what was the other safety that was drafted by the titans in 06 or 07.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Good point socalled,

If as we expect he might get drafted in the 3rd or fourth round he would start for almost everybody and honestly Heagle is so underrated in terms of his potential as an NFL player. He seems to be somewhat similar to Dahl and what was the other safety that was drafted by the titans in 06 or 07.
    Nick Schommer

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by craigram1 View Post
    CSU grad, here. Some interesting predictions for the game being posted. Let me just preface my post by saying the only reason I'm over here is some of what is being said here has made it to a CSU message board. So, as a CSU alum, I'd like to give my two cents on the game Saturday. It appears the foundation for your offense is a strong running game, which is interesting because all CU did over the past few weeks was tout their ability to run the ball on us. I will suggest running against the likes of LBs Skelton, Morgan, Shaq Barrett, and MWC defensive player of the week Cory James will be no easy task. That said, I'm not underestimating your run game, it's what propelled your team to last season's FCS title.

How does NDSU look on defense? Our running game is pretty formidable with Rimington Trophy finalist Weston Richburg at C, and RBs Chris Nwoke, Donnell Alexander, and Joe Brown. In the passing game, Grayson is a good game manager. He went 14-21 for 173 yards and 2 TDs. We have some talent in the receiving corps with WRs Marquise Law, Joe Hansley, and Lou Greenwood, and TEs Crockett Gilmore and Kivon Cartwright.

I'm not here to say my Rams are world beaters, but I can promise you Coach Mac is not overlooking NDSU, and will have the fellas ready to play come Saturday. I predict a final score of 27 - 13, CSU.
    Most would say it was our defense that propelled us to the championship last year.

In response to our defense vs the run, I will give a game by game breakdown on last years defense vs the run

Lafayette avg 100.5 Ran for 54
    St Francis avg 204 Ran for 66
    Minnesota avg 160 Ran for 168
    Ill St avg 183.3 Ran for 127
    SIU avg 183.1 Ran for 128
    Missouri St avg 142.2 Ran for 141
    SDSU avg 83.5 Ran for 63
    UNI avg 167.8 Ran for 53
    Ind St avg 181.9 Ran for 124
    YSU avg 231 Ran for 214
    Western Ill avg 140.4 Ran for 210 (only true blemish...but was also last game of season)

PLAYOFFS
    James Madison avg 220.2 Ran for 84
    Lehigh avg 129 Ran for 68
    Georgia Southern avg 323.5 Ran for 186 (this team also ran for 300 against Alabama)
    Sam Houston avg 255.9 Ran for 95

So, as you can see, you are in for a big surprise if you think CSU can run all over us. Our pride is in hitting hard and hitting often in the run game. As you can see, in the playoffs, the defense turned their run D up another notch or ten and just utterly shut down some VERY good running teams.

Sagarin Rankings have NDSU ranked 72nd (69.88) and CSU ranked 117th (59.85). Giving you guys 3 pts for home field that would make us appx 7 pt favorites based off computer models. To reference that to last year, we would have been 17 pt favorites based on last years rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    PLAYOFFS
    James Madison avg 220.2 Ran for 84
    Lehigh avg 129 Ran for 68
    Georgia Southern avg 323.5 Ran for 186 (this team also ran for 300 against Alabama)
    Sam Houston avg 255.9 Ran for 95
    Wow, the defense sure hit another gear in the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Welcome to the board. It appears we have similar strengths both offensively and defensively. I think your score is a bit high on the winning side, and I think this game could go either way in 21-17 range. You will be a bit surprised by the level and depth of our talent, speed and size, but we expect yours. That's what has made a difference in our many FBS wins over the last many years. FBS players just can't seem to get over what they think deep down is a lessor opponent/player.
    I agree, and after taking a more in-depth look, I would revise the score to 20-14 type of game. Good points regarding the FCS as well, and here's hoping Coach Mac instills a sense of respect for NDSU in our players. If our guys can't accept the fact the Bison are a quality opponent, we're going to be in trouble.