Page 75 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 ndsu football season

Default Re: 2020 ndsu football season

Why would any FBS school not host NDSU and play at a neutral site?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU and its ADMIN have a ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity here to put NDSU on the map.

Can you imagine a PPV game or ANY type of game at a neutral outdoor site with a BIG school???

cmon guys.. don't pussy foot around.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Haha! 2020 is like one of those dreams that you wake up from and even if you find yourself in a Soviet-era gulag, you go, "Whew!"
    Agree. I would say ---"ok what could possibly happen next" but I wont. Crazy crazy year.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My current dream is that NU bucks the Big 10 and plays this fall, and schedules and gets smoked by NDSU, then fires their coach, gets kicked out of the Big 10 for playing ball, the Big 12 tells them to get fucked and they end up in the American.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU and its ADMIN have a ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity here to put NDSU on the map.

Can you imagine a PPV game or ANY type of game at a neutral outdoor site with a BIG school???

cmon guys.. don't pussy foot around.
    You should know with your sources and all, NDSU has reached out to basically everyone that wants to potentially play football. Ball’s in their court now. Bison will play 3 fall games against anyone that will step up.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I find it ironic that it is safe enough to play high school football (in most states) and the NFL, but not college football. I wonder why college is considered more dangerous with all of the safety and testing measures in place.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I find it ironic that it is safe enough to play high school football (in most states) and the NFL, but not college football. I wonder why college is considered more dangerous with all of the safety and testing measures in place.
    First you can't compare college to the NFL at all. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry that has money to burn. As far as HS goes, there's no interstate travel involved, no flights or hotel accomodations, only about 50-60 kids and a handful of coaches per team. It's just not comparable at all really.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    First you can't compare college to the NFL at all. The NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry that has money to burn. As far as HS goes, there's no interstate travel involved, no flights or hotel accomodations, only about 50-60 kids and a handful of coaches per team. It's just not comparable at all really.
    So money makes things safer in regards to the NFL. And if traveling is sooooooo dangerous, why aren’t airlines shut down? We can go round and round with this.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    So money makes things safer in regards to the NFL. And if traveling is sooooooo dangerous, why aren’t airlines shut down? We can go round and round with this.
    When the people taking the risk get the reward and have the information, access to independent experts, are collectively involved in the development of safety protocols, and have the ability individually to make an informed decision about their health and that of their family, sure.

The high school situation I don’t understand, and I’m not just talking about the football.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

its 8/12/20 8am.

Whats the ODDS NDSU plays games this fall?

5%
    25%
    50%
    Less than 0%
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default 2020 ndsu football season

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    When the people taking the risk get the reward and have the information, access to independent experts, are collectively involved in the development of safety protocols, and have the ability individually to make an informed decision about their health and that of their family, sure.

The high school situation I don’t understand, and I’m not just talking about the football.
    There are some very vocal college football athletes/coaches who want to play. If programs can field enough, they should be able to play. No one would be forcing an athlete to play against their will.